Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Review

View all Mathis Brothers Furniture reviews

High Energy Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2013
Working part time at this establishment meant fitting all 20 hours into one weekend. Saturday from 9am to as late as 9 at night. Sunday from 11-7 pm. Sometimes we'd be dismissed early if the store was slow or if we had a pressing family function. The whole time we're on our feet, running around the showroom floor. The management here is quite friendly and understanding for the most part. It's definitely a numbers game with this company. If you miss your high quota a couple of times you're terminated, no matter what the reason. The camaraderie of fellow sales associates was the most enjoyable part of this job. While employed with Mathis Brothers I learned a lot about how furniture is made and how to spot a quality piece of furniture. I also learned a lot about the character of other people as well as how to better understand body language and what certain signs mean.
Pros
Opportunity to make a lot of money, paid training, free lunch sometimes
Cons
On your feet all day, no job security, always guessing if merchandise would be returned, stressful

Other Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Loved it
Route Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2017
If you like teamwork and freedom at your jobthis is the place for you. It was a tough job but you’re always busy and having fun. I liked the structure of the job you showed up we will put the furniture together we’re loaded on the truck and then we go deliver it. So we got to meet a lot of cool people and See some cool houses.
Pros
Freedom.
Cons
Sometimes 7 days a week
Family Oriented Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 24, 2017
Working for Mathis Brothers is like working with one big family. Everyone looks out for each other and just about everyone knows who you are. Management is always understanding of your situation and works to make your employment as enjoyable as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathis Brothers Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location