Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Review

View all Mathis Brothers Furniture reviews

Downside: Very Poor Management Upside: Employment and Insurance Benefits
Service (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityMay 23, 2013
To be realistic and honest, this place has gone downhill. They have hired new management who are unfortunately not very well educated to run any kind of business. Store manager and director of operations in Oklahoma City do not know how to treat their employees. They micromanage and only care about making sales. As far as Mathis bros claiming they care about you and your family here they do not. Coming into retail you must understand you will never have any weekends or holidays off... EVEN if you have earned vacation hours and want to take them they limit you on when you are able to do so. Making sales/profit is their number one priority here. Not their customers and most definitely not their employees. Everything is based on politics here any kind of contest or job advancement is based on who you know or you are doing. I used to love it here. Now this place just stresses everyone out more than helps, no fun anymore. A job is a job and if you only have this place as an option by all means take it people need to make money but be prepared this is not a place for your future. The only good thing is that you get good insurance. Other than that, poor pay in all departments, overworked, unappreciated. You can make great money in sales, but you are working 7 days. Week 24 hr days. This place is great for people who don't have families or lives. The HR department is not ran well either. Nothing is confidential. Terrible, every department in OKC is very short handed due to management not wanting to hire because they say there is a "budget" if I owned this multi million dollar company  more... it would always be ran efficiently and customer satisfaction would be number one priority not making sure I pinch every penny I can for my pocket -even if it means poor service. You can't do your job without someone hovering behind you. You will always be told what is wrong not ever praised for good work. It is so hard to stay positive in this environment. Get away if you can.   less

Other Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Loved it
Route Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2017
If you like teamwork and freedom at your jobthis is the place for you. It was a tough job but you’re always busy and having fun. I liked the structure of the job you showed up we will put the furniture together we’re loaded on the truck and then we go deliver it. So we got to meet a lot of cool people and See some cool houses.
Pros
Freedom.
Cons
Sometimes 7 days a week
Family Oriented Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 24, 2017
Working for Mathis Brothers is like working with one big family. Everyone looks out for each other and just about everyone knows who you are. Management is always understanding of your situation and works to make your employment as enjoyable as possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathis Brothers Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location