Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews in United States

satisfactory place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 22, 2016
management was inconsistent
good place to make money
hours for part time are not ideal
co workers are fun
company really reaches out to community.
have a lot of contests for employees
good place to work if you're good at sales
Productive place, but limited advancement.
Delivery Processing (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 24, 2016
Company as a whole is very well established and it is a good company to work for compared to other retail franchises. Promotes within when available.
Pros
Promotes within
Cons
limited advancement at career level.
busy
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2016
typical day at work would consist of attending meetings, deliveries, customer pick ups redecorating the floor and straightening the floor.
Outstanding place to work if you live in Oklahoma or Southern California!!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
Mathis Brothers Furniture is a company that truly cares for their employees. The prospect for success is GUARANTEED, and the opportunity for advancement is great. The owners are accessible, more than friendly, but even more anxious to let their staff know how much they are appreciated. They provide many incentives for their employees. I personally have won a 7 day Caribean cruise vacation, countless amounts of cash prizes, flat screen tv's.....the list goes on and on!!! Working for Mathis Brothers has completely changed my family's life, I'm so grateful that I applied 7 years ago.
Pros
top salaries, flexible vacation days, opportunities for advancement, state of the art wellness center, doctor and physical trainer on staff, convenient employee parking, matched 401k
Not the best!
Dont want to share (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 10, 2013
Loved the job i had at the time but decided i needed to take the opportunity they offered me. They promised me great things and a better salary. I was let go 1 day before i got hired on. What a slap in the face.! I was working 7 days straight and very long hours. I was always praised for my work and yet when laid off they said i was not needed anymore. Very unethical! Since then i don't shop there, and don't recommend it to anyone. Happy employees make happy customers.
Cons
long hours. don't value many employees. management over promise
Productive, friendly environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work, can be smooth or very busy. I've learned to assemble and disassemble furniture. Management is great, they always make ways to help their employees. My co-workers are great as well, we are like a family we help one another. The hardest part of my job, i cant say i have no complaints a job is a job, im grateful just to have a job. The most enjoyable part of may jobs is getting certificates, it helps motivate me to do even better, because i know that my hard work and dedication is being noticed.
Pros
benefits, sometimes free lunch, certificates
Cons
short breaks
A place to really call home.
Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 5, 2011
After 21 years with the company I can honestly say that the same terrific atmosphere that I get to enjoy daily is shared by each of my co-workers as well. From the top down Mathis Brothers mantra is that the employees make or break the company and that each person is a vital, indispensable part of the operation. At every level of management you will find someone that has worked their way up the ladder and has earned through their hard work more responsibility and a better position. It really is a team environment where people care for those around them, both as an employee and as a person.
Pros
great benefits
A lot of walking
Staff Interior Designer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 5, 2015
Mathis is a huge store at over 200,000 sq feet.Very good selection of furniture. I enjoyed working with the clients in the Designer Gallery,. Most of the employees were enjoyable to work with. Management seemed to be very political with favoritism toward some of the employees.
Family Oriented and Great Management support to grow in company
Internet (Current Employee) –  OKC,OKSeptember 21, 2011
This is a wonderful place to work, and the owners truly care to know all the employees,and have a business that supports a family friendly environment. With a larger company of this nature, there is always growth opportunities, and they value hard work, and are great at recognizing people who are overachievers. They are a very customer-focused organization that values feedback both from their external customers, but also from their internal customers, the employees. They make you feel like family with warm smile and a wave each time they see you, and have a great culture that is built on honesty and integrity. Also, they do everything they can for thier employees, which includes an on site wellness center to support positive employee health, a continual training program to help employees with personal growth opportunties, and wonderful compensation with 401k and insurance, just to name a few of the many great incentives this company offers its employees. Wonderful place to work!
Pros
family atmosphere, growth opportnities, great management, personal growth opportunities, integrity, more than can list
fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 28, 2015
Fun to interact with customers and discuss quality products that are for sale. Enjoy helping others and suggesting other products that might meet their needs. Interaction with other associates is pleasant.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Organization of using cash registers
Fast paced productive environment
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2012
This position allowed me to interact with literally hundreds of people a week. This was both the most enjoyable and the hardest thing about this position. I enjoyed helping, directing, problem solving, and encouraging my sales staff to be as efficient and effective as possible. Every level of management was focused on the ultimate goal of producing revenue and were available night and day. A normal day of work began with sales strategy meetings with our teams and then hit the ground running. Throughout the day I solved virtually any problem that arose in the building from sales questions and concerns to operational hurdles. Direct customer service problems were addressed on a regular basis to prompt a quick and viable solution to upset consumers. Time management was the key thing I learned at this position. Throughout my tenor the store volume and size increased to the point you had to be very focused on using your time wisely to increase profits.
Pros
fast paced environtment with excellent benefits and management support
Cons
long retail work hours. nights and weekends are a must to be successful
WareHouse
Pre-Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2016
Hard working guys to put furniture together everyday 7 day a week. From 11-8 or sometime late. Sometime we would have to work on Sunday Morning.
Great Place To Work!
e-Commerce Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2011
I have been employed with Mathis Brothers Furniture since 2004 and I have worked in several departments around the store. It has provided great opportunities for educational growth, at work and home. Mathis values employee retention and focuses on training within and promoting within. As proof the Mathis family has recently made an investment in their employees by opening the Mathis University, which focuses on providing additional training and educational benefits for all of us. I love the company and the people!
Employee and Customer Focused
Information Technology Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
I feel extremely lucky to be a person that looks forward to going to work everyday and this company is the primary reason. In fact, one of the core values is "A fun and friendly environment." Mathis Brothers strives to promote within, and I am proof that you can start at the bottom and work your way up. This is a fast-paced, forward-looking company that invests in its employees.
Pros
family oriented, positive work environment, onsite gym, great benefits
Great place to work and be part of a team that's always improving
Graphic Design and Retail Display (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkSeptember 22, 2011
Working at Mathis Brothers has been a great experience for me. It's an environment where each person is given the opportunity to reach their personal goals but also make positive contributions to the team as a whole.
Pros
on site gym and doctor, great benefits and incentives, awesome people to work with
Productive day, Steady paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2015
Minimum amount of workers caused work pace to increase. Too many "Higher managers" not on same page caused interruption during the work day.
Productive workplace but horrid management
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 15, 2015
Mathis Brothers could honestly be a great workplace If they would pay a little more, and the main manager In the Warehouse would actually listen to your Ideas, and not just be disrespectful of them. Other managers are good and helpful. Workers are fun and very helpful.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Warehouse manager
Not really the place for me
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2015
Not good training, Not enough pay work the work that is required. The responsability of some management is lacking in some areas. Too many young people with no sense of responseability
great place to work but not family freindly hours
Sales, Sales Manager, and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2015
Started out in Sales worked my way to sales management and then
General Manager of Thomasville Home Furnishings. Hired and
trained sales staff, office staff and warehouse staff. Ran day to day
operations met and exceeded sales goals gave weekly sales
meetings handled all delivery schedules and customer service.
Pros
enjoyed working with customers
Cons
very long hours worked 7 days a week
Fun place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  NYFebruary 3, 2012
Very good career benefits, Sales commission, Medical Card, Staff price

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathis Brothers Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location