Mathis Brothers Furniture

Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place, but limited advancement.
Delivery Processing (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 24, 2016
Company as a whole is very well established and it is a good company to work for compared to other retail franchises. Promotes within when available.
Pros
Promotes within
Cons
limited advancement at career level.
fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 28, 2015
Fun to interact with customers and discuss quality products that are for sale. Enjoy helping others and suggesting other products that might meet their needs. Interaction with other associates is pleasant.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Organization of using cash registers
A lot of walking
Staff Interior Designer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 5, 2015
Mathis is a huge store at over 200,000 sq feet.Very good selection of furniture. I enjoyed working with the clients in the Designer Gallery,. Most of the employees were enjoyable to work with. Management seemed to be very political with favoritism toward some of the employees.
Productive workplace but horrid management
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 15, 2015
Mathis Brothers could honestly be a great workplace If they would pay a little more, and the main manager In the Warehouse would actually listen to your Ideas, and not just be disrespectful of them. Other managers are good and helpful. Workers are fun and very helpful.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Warehouse manager
WareHouse
Pre-Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2016
Hard working guys to put furniture together everyday 7 day a week. From 11-8 or sometime late. Sometime we would have to work on Sunday Morning.
Productive day, Steady paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2015
Minimum amount of workers caused work pace to increase. Too many "Higher managers" not on same page caused interruption during the work day.
Not really the place for me
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2015
Not good training, Not enough pay work the work that is required. The responsability of some management is lacking in some areas. Too many young people with no sense of responseability
very political
Furniture Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 22, 2015
Some lower managers are pretty cool but upper management and some lower management are terrible. it's very political there.
Pros
doesn't take a lot to be a good worker
Cons
very political
A great company to work for.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 18, 2015
Come in early to review and follow up with customer orders. usually a training or meeting. Management worked hard to make sure we were all on the same page with product knowledge, The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 10 plus hours and walking on concrete floors. The store is over 200,000 s.f..Hard on the body.

I loved to go to work and see all my friends at work. We were one big family and we all cared for each other. Even though we competed we were still friends. You don't find that too often.
Pros
just a great company
Cons
work all weekends and holidays
Excellent Company
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 2, 2015
The company and my coworkers have a great philosophy. They truly care about helping assist both their internal and external customers.
great place to work but not family freindly hours
Sales, Sales Manager, and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2015
Started out in Sales worked my way to sales management and then
General Manager of Thomasville Home Furnishings. Hired and
trained sales staff, office staff and warehouse staff. Ran day to day
operations met and exceeded sales goals gave weekly sales
meetings handled all delivery schedules and customer service.
Pros
enjoyed working with customers
Cons
very long hours worked 7 days a week
Great Place, great environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2015
Mathis Brothers is a great place to start off at if you had never had a job. It is pretty laid back and still has the ability to rush you around.
shark atmosphere
assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2015
have way too many associates on floor at same time...100 on Saturday.....this fosters a bad environment was not for me as I am too moral to take from others
Pros
nice facility
Cons
customer stealing
Worked there briefly
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityApril 9, 2015
This was the worst experience. Most employees were so so rude with the new people. Some management was good some was awful. I worked there from June 2014 to August 2014
Pros
Great cafe
Cons
Long hours no family time
Productive, friendly environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work, can be smooth or very busy. I've learned to assemble and disassemble furniture. Management is great, they always make ways to help their employees. My co-workers are great as well, we are like a family we help one another. The hardest part of my job, i cant say i have no complaints a job is a job, im grateful just to have a job. The most enjoyable part of may jobs is getting certificates, it helps motivate me to do even better, because i know that my hard work and dedication is being noticed.
Pros
benefits, sometimes free lunch, certificates
Cons
short breaks
Stiff upper lip
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2015
Sit in a chair and wait for a sales person to bring a customer up to your window. Take payment or help apply for credit. Clean everything at the end of the night.
Pros
uniforms provided by the company
Cons
boring, non-productive
Busy and Interesting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 29, 2014
I answered the phones and direct internal and externals to departments and employees. When a fax came in I would get it to the person it was addressed to as well as fax for employees and customers as needed. I also greeted customers as they entered and exited the store. If needed, I directed customers to specific areas. I prepared air bills for FedEx and scheduled pickups for packages and took packages that had been delivered to the appropriate person. Another duty was to enter customer surveys into the computer system.
Good people
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2014
First I would show up and turn on the computers and start to put in what people bought the night before so in could be delivered. Then I would help open the doors so customers could pick up merchandise that they want now, thru out the day I would help co-workers load merchandise on truck, also I would put the merchandise into the lift trucks onboard so they could drop the merchandise off when it needed to go. I learned how to do Microsoft office and word and outlook plus alot of others. I enjoyed learning new things here and hope to learn more.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Great Place To Work!
e-Commerce Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2011
I have been employed with Mathis Brothers Furniture since 2004 and I have worked in several departments around the store. It has provided great opportunities for educational growth, at work and home. Mathis values employee retention and focuses on training within and promoting within. As proof the Mathis family has recently made an investment in their employees by opening the Mathis University, which focuses on providing additional training and educational benefits for all of us. I love the company and the people!
Never a dull moment and everyday is a different day.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2011
I have worked at Mathis Brothers for 8.5 years and love it. I started as an entry level cashier and have worked my way up over the years. Mathis Brothers is a family friendly environment and a fun place to work. There are many perks that come with the hard work. One thing I value most is they allow us to have a life balance and encourage a healthy work enviroment by providing us a gym that we can work out at on our before work, after work, or during our lunch. I feel this is very important. It's a place where when you leave at the end of the day you know they care about their employees.
Pros
fun and friendly work environment, onsight gym