Mathis Brothers Furniture

Mathis Brothers Furniture Employer Reviews

Good pay but you have to earn it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 6, 2014
You have to work your butt off because you are there a ton of hours per week and a lot is expected of you but you can certainly make a lot of money if you hustle.
Great work.
Floor Crew (Former Employee), tulsa okMarch 2, 2014
good people. great pay. hard work, but treated good.
move stuff.
Good people
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch
First I would show up and turn on the computers and start to put in what people bought the night before so in could be delivered. Then I would help open the doors so customers could pick up merchandise that they want now, thru out the day I would help co-workers load merchandise on truck, also I would put the merchandise into the lift trucks onboard – more... so they could drop the merchandise off when it needed to go. I learned how to do Microsoft office and word and outlook plus alot of others. I enjoyed learning new things here and hope to learn more. – less
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2014
As a part of the sales team at Mathis Brothers Furniture I assisted customers throughout the store while expressing my knowledge of products and services.
High Energy Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: opportunity to make a lot of money, paid training, free lunch sometimes
Cons: on your feet all day, no job security, always guessing if merchandise would be returned, stressful
Working part time at this establishment meant fitting all 20 hours into one weekend. Saturday from 9am to as late as 9 at night. Sunday from 11-7 pm. Sometimes we'd be dismissed early if the store was slow or if we had a pressing family function. The whole time we're on our feet, running around the showroom floor. The management here is quite friendly – more... and understanding for the most part. It's definitely a numbers game with this company. If you miss your high quota a couple of times you're terminated, no matter what the reason. The camaraderie of fellow sales associates was the most enjoyable part of this job. While employed with Mathis Brothers I learned a lot about how furniture is made and how to spot a quality piece of furniture. I also learned a lot about the character of other people as well as how to better understand body language and what certain signs mean. – less
Good first job
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2013
Pros: giveaways, get to choose your break time
Cons: bad hours, hard work for little pay, very hard to move up in the company, cant mess one thing up at all or you get wrote up.
It would be a good first job for people because you get pushed qutie a bit to your limits. Weather thats being out in the heat all day or lifting and moving furniture all around the warehouse.
Demanding
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2013
Sell. Sell. Sell is all I can say about this job. It was surely a learning experience with working for this family company.
Furniture warehouse
Lift Operator (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 30, 2013
Good place to work. Great environment with really nice and respectful coworkers.
No Comment
Sales Rep. / Designer (Former Employee), Tulsa,OkApril 5, 2013
Pros: met neat people
Cons: straight commision, too many sales reps, no room for advancement, & horrible hours
Job came as a Blessing. And ended horribly .... This page is making me post a Review .... I really do not care to post anything about this place ... I just want a Job here in Florida ......
Not the best!
Dont want to share (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: long hours. don't value many employees. management over promise
Loved the job i had at the time but decided i needed to take the opportunity they offered me. They promised me great things and a better salary. I was let go 1 day before i got hired on. What a slap in the face.! I was working 7 days straight and very long hours. I was always praised for my work and yet when laid off they said i was not needed anymore. – more... Very unethical! Since then i don't shop there, and don't recommend it to anyone. Happy employees make happy customers. – less

yeppers – February 22, 2013

As Im reading these comments I have to laugh! I use to work for this place for years and to read that people that are current and former employees that have nothing but nice things to say is a JOKE!! this is by far the worst place to work! Everything about this company is unprofessional! You are promised so many things and you get nothing! Pay is changed on you over and over! You never know what the right way or wrong way is because the left hand NEVER knows what the RIGHT hand is doing! Mangement SUCKS!!!! The only way you will ever move up in this company is if you are sleeping with someone in mangment or you are part of someones family that is sleeping with someone in managment. If this is your only job you can get then go for it!! If you have other optionsPLEASE for the LOVE of GOD use them!!!!

Lift Truck Operator, Deliveries, Inspect (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good hours
It a good company to work for and if you have potential to go further they will take you further
The Disneyland of Furniture
Training Sales Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
Cons: commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
There have only been a few jobs I have had where I look forward to going to work. Disneyland, The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Mathis Brothers Furniture. The work is fun and allows me the freedom to be creative; The employees are very friendly and the pay is great. If you enjoy sales and unlimited income potential, join our team.
Fast paced productive environment
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2012
Pros: fast paced environtment with excellent benefits and management support
Cons: long retail work hours. nights and weekends are a must to be successful
This position allowed me to interact with literally hundreds of people a week. This was both the most enjoyable and the hardest thing about this position. I enjoyed helping, directing, problem solving, and encouraging my sales staff to be as efficient and effective as possible. Every level of management was focused on the ultimate goal of producing – more... revenue and were available night and day. A normal day of work began with sales strategy meetings with our teams and then hit the ground running. Throughout the day I solved virtually any problem that arose in the building from sales questions and concerns to operational hurdles. Direct customer service problems were addressed on a regular basis to prompt a quick and viable solution to upset consumers. Time management was the key thing I learned at this position. Throughout my tenor the store volume and size increased to the point you had to be very focused on using your time wisely to increase profits. – less
educating experience
Loader (Former Employee), oklahoma cityJuly 24, 2012
learned alot about how warehouse jobs and the importance of keeping inventory and a clean workplace
Great office environment
Compute sales (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2012
Financing & dealing with cash. Paperwork, customer service.
A good place to hone your sales skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2012
Pros: good pay scale and opportunity.
Cons: no weekends off.........ever!
Working with customers and meeting furnishing needs was the best part of the job. The store is one of the best looking retail establishments in America. Overall, the sales staff was good to work with having some exceptions.
Stay away.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2012
No loyalty to customers or sales. No base pay and low commissions. Few, very few, people make a living here because they manipulate who gets the clients. This is a dishonest company to the sales and the customers.
Excellent Company with Family Values
Sales- Design Consultant (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 22, 2012
Pros: so much furniture to choose from, outstanding value, many clients
Cons: too many salespeople on the floor, large showroom over 200, 000 sq ft.
Mathis Brothers is a wonderful company to work for. The co-workers are friendly and considerate.
Managment take great pride in helping all sales persons and
make it a fun and rewarding place to work.
Great Employment Adventure
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2012
Pros: free breakfast on saturdays, great opportunitys for extra cash.
Cons: long work hours
Typical day at Mathis brothers starts with a team meeting, new products and sales goals are discussed. I've learned that dreams can come true and anything can be achieved with hard work and the ability to learn and grow. My team is like a family, we help each other through daily challenges like being treated poorly by customers and feeling like we are – more... in a shark tank.
The most enjoyable part of Mathis brothers is that their are never ending possiblitys. – less

– June 23, 2012

I woul love to work here.

Fun work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch on saturday and sunday
Cons: schedule constantly changes, required to work nights and every weekend, some managers are unprofessional
I open the reception area 4 days a week. The hardest part of my job is not being able to be more helpful to customers because I have to transfer them to a different department. My co-workers are amazing, I work with 4 other ladies including my manager and we all seem to get along extremely well.

About Mathis Brothers Furniture

Since 1960, family-owned and operated Mathis Brothers Furniture has continued to revolutionize the furniture industry as a one-stop – Read more