Mathis Brothers Furniture

Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

WareHouse
Pre-Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2016
Hard working guys to put furniture together everyday 7 day a week. From 11-8 or sometime late. Sometime we would have to work on Sunday Morning.
fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 28, 2015
Fun to interact with customers and discuss quality products that are for sale. Enjoy helping others and suggesting other products that might meet their needs. Interaction with other associates is pleasant.
Pros
Meeting People
Cons
Organization of using cash registers
Productive day, Steady paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2015
Minimum amount of workers caused work pace to increase. Too many "Higher managers" not on same page caused interruption during the work day.
A lot of walking
Staff Interior Designer and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CANovember 5, 2015
Mathis is a huge store at over 200,000 sq feet.Very good selection of furniture. I enjoyed working with the clients in the Designer Gallery,. Most of the employees were enjoyable to work with. Management seemed to be very political with favoritism toward some of the employees.
Productive workplace but horrid management
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 15, 2015
Mathis Brothers could honestly be a great workplace If they would pay a little more, and the main manager In the Warehouse would actually listen to your Ideas, and not just be disrespectful of them. Other managers are good and helpful. Workers are fun and very helpful.
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Warehouse manager
Not really the place for me
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2015
Not good training, Not enough pay work the work that is required. The responsability of some management is lacking in some areas. Too many young people with no sense of responseability
Excellent Company
Cashier/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAAugust 2, 2015
The company and my coworkers have a great philosophy. They truly care about helping assist both their internal and external customers.
very political
Furniture Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 22, 2015
Some lower managers are pretty cool but upper management and some lower management are terrible. it's very political there.
Pros
doesn't take a lot to be a good worker
Cons
very political
Great Place, great environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2015
Mathis Brothers is a great place to start off at if you had never had a job. It is pretty laid back and still has the ability to rush you around.
shark atmosphere
assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2015
have way too many associates on floor at same time...100 on Saturday.....this fosters a bad environment was not for me as I am too moral to take from others
Pros
nice facility
Cons
customer stealing
Worked there briefly
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityApril 9, 2015
This was the worst experience. Most employees were so so rude with the new people. Some management was good some was awful. I worked there from June 2014 to August 2014
Pros
Great cafe
Cons
Long hours no family time
A great company to work for.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 18, 2015
Come in early to review and follow up with customer orders. usually a training or meeting. Management worked hard to make sure we were all on the same page with product knowledge, The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 10 plus hours and walking on concrete floors. The store is over 200,000 s.f..Hard on the body.

I loved to go to work and see all my friends at work. We were one big family and we all cared for each other. Even though we competed we were still friends. You don't find that too often.
Pros
just a great company
Cons
work all weekends and holidays
Stiff upper lip
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2015
Sit in a chair and wait for a sales person to bring a customer up to your window. Take payment or help apply for credit. Clean everything at the end of the night.
Pros
uniforms provided by the company
Cons
boring, non-productive
The Company
Visual Display (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Good company. They are willing to work with you if you are a student or with any other things that you may go thru. A lot of room for advancement in the company.
great place to work but not family freindly hours
Sales, Sales Manager, and Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2015
Started out in Sales worked my way to sales management and then
General Manager of Thomasville Home Furnishings. Hired and
trained sales staff, office staff and warehouse staff. Ran day to day
operations met and exceeded sales goals gave weekly sales
meetings handled all delivery schedules and customer service.
Pros
enjoyed working with customers
Cons
very long hours worked 7 days a week
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2014
Overall everyone is really nice fun to work with good management.
Pros
always on your feet good cardio and they have a cafe that is awesome.
Cons
no real good place to put your food if needed to be refrigerated
Challenging, and fun work environment. Great co-workers, great pay, great benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2014
You start your day off with a sales meeting. Every day except Sunday. Most of these meetings are not necessary. Once a week would be enough. You will very quickly learn through interactions with customers that you cannot have a one size fits all solution for talking to people. Every customer requires something different and you have to be very adaptive. My experience with management is rocky. In 2 years I had four different managers. Only one of which was a true professional. Upper management needs work. In sales you will have over 100 different co workers at least. So finding someone you fit in with and connect with is easy. 99% of your co-workers will be likable which is good because you will spend a lot of time with them. The hardest part of the job is all the down time, the roller coaster ride of fast and slow paced days. Even if you are very adaptable it can be difficult to adjust to a slow paced day after a fast paced day and vice-versa. I would say what is harder than that is the amount they ask from you. Not because you always work, or work extra hours, but because no one ever says thank you. Which can make a HUGE difference in a company. The best part of the job is that it is very rewarding. There is an overwhelming feeling of success when you close a sale and help someone find exactly what they need.
Pros
good pay, challenging work
Cons
no breaks, no lunch break, always work weekends
Fast Paced
Full time Warehouse Section 3 Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2014
Crazy busy during the holidays. Co-workers are great. Management really nice and understanding.
Endless oppurtunities
Sales (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 8, 2014
Great company with awesome benefits. The work schedule
is not conducive to any family time.
Productive, friendly environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work, can be smooth or very busy. I've learned to assemble and disassemble furniture. Management is great, they always make ways to help their employees. My co-workers are great as well, we are like a family we help one another. The hardest part of my job, i cant say i have no complaints a job is a job, im grateful just to have a job. The most enjoyable part of may jobs is getting certificates, it helps motivate me to do even better, because i know that my hard work and dedication is being noticed.
Pros
benefits, sometimes free lunch, certificates
Cons
short breaks