Mathis Brothers Furniture

Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Phone workplace a lot of energy and surround about the people
CPU (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 13, 2017
I like to work and it matters brothers because it was a fast pace environment good people all around you The customer nice the managers that work with you if you're busy or if you got two mustangs the handle everybody is just friendly everybody works together everybody likes to get the job done and the benefits and all that was great and it was just a good work environment one of the best jobs I've had
Pros
The benefits long lunch break just all got around
Cons
Sometimes you get grumpy customers
Not a good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 17, 2016
I would build the furniture and prepare it to get shipped to the costumers houses the next morning. And the management was terrible and the hours were terrible
Family owned/operated company with growth potential
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 15, 2016
MBF is a great company to work for. They value loyalty and promote from with in whenever possible. The company regularly shows their employees how much they are appreciated.
Pros
Flexible schedules, good benefits, on site gym, and on site cafe
Highly productive and professional upper management team.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 4, 2016
Fast paced environment with a focus on quality, all aspects of work are done as quickly and accurately as possible. On the management level, the expectations are high and new processes are instituted and tested on a regular basis making the job challenging and stressful.
Retail furniture sells and customer service expertise.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 19, 2016
Mathis brothers has given me all the tolls to be a succefull employee and how to be responible for my own income since it was strictly commission. When i first started there i didn't think i would make in a fast paced commissioned only sells job. As time went on i succeeded not only to their standards but above and beyond my goals and achievements. Once i saw how much money was to be made i clinched and excelled to achieve a high paying income. I would not be where i am today if it wasn't for Mathis Brothers.
Pros
High pay
Cons
commission only
satisfactory place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 22, 2016
management was inconsistent
good place to make money
hours for part time are not ideal
co workers are fun
company really reaches out to community.
have a lot of contests for employees
good place to work if you're good at sales
Worst experience ever!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ArDecember 18, 2016
Nothing more to say than the worst ever!!! Horrible people. They don't care about anyone. Very arrogant. Would never recommend anyone working for them.
Unprofessional and Boring Work Place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 17, 2016
I come in at my scheduled time, clock in with the time clock, go to my work area, complete my assigned duties, jump in and do my work and go home. Not paid nearly enough for the amount & type or work that was required of me. Negative work atmosphere.
Pros
Free Lunch at times
Cons
Short Breaks, boss always looking over my shoulder
Productive place, but limited advancement.
Delivery Processing (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 24, 2016
Company as a whole is very well established and it is a good company to work for compared to other retail franchises. Promotes within when available.
Pros
Promotes within
Cons
limited advancement at career level.
Not the best!
Dont want to share (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 10, 2013
Loved the job i had at the time but decided i needed to take the opportunity they offered me. They promised me great things and a better salary. I was let go 1 day before i got hired on. What a slap in the face.! I was working 7 days straight and very long hours. I was always praised for my work and yet when laid off they said i was not needed anymore. Very unethical! Since then i don't shop there, and don't recommend it to anyone. Happy employees make happy customers.
Cons
long hours. don't value many employees. management over promise
Receiving Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 5, 2016
great teamwork and support from managers. Teamwork is required to accomplish the task in hand, monday through friday with possible overtime on a daily basis if the person would like it.
Bad
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK OKAugust 28, 2016
I worked hard but no beono they dont kare about me and me family I trie do good but I guess I dert have a good clue to be a good people person and skill to lift
Pros
MONEY
Cons
NO BREAKS
Great place to work uncapped earnings potential.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 7, 2016
Mathis Brothers is the largest furniture retail outlet in Southern California. Over 200k sq ft. showroom. Medium to high end furniture, in house complimentary design service.
Family Oriented and Great Management support to grow in company
Internet (Current Employee) –  OKC,OKSeptember 21, 2011
This is a wonderful place to work, and the owners truly care to know all the employees,and have a business that supports a family friendly environment. With a larger company of this nature, there is always growth opportunities, and they value hard work, and are great at recognizing people who are overachievers. They are a very customer-focused organization that values feedback both from their external customers, but also from their internal customers, the employees. They make you feel like family with warm smile and a wave each time they see you, and have a great culture that is built on honesty and integrity. Also, they do everything they can for thier employees, which includes an on site wellness center to support positive employee health, a continual training program to help employees with personal growth opportunties, and wonderful compensation with 401k and insurance, just to name a few of the many great incentives this company offers its employees. Wonderful place to work!
Pros
family atmosphere, growth opportnities, great management, personal growth opportunities, integrity, more than can list
Outstanding place to work if you live in Oklahoma or Southern California!!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
Mathis Brothers Furniture is a company that truly cares for their employees. The prospect for success is GUARANTEED, and the opportunity for advancement is great. The owners are accessible, more than friendly, but even more anxious to let their staff know how much they are appreciated. They provide many incentives for their employees. I personally have won a 7 day Caribean cruise vacation, countless amounts of cash prizes, flat screen tv's.....the list goes on and on!!! Working for Mathis Brothers has completely changed my family's life, I'm so grateful that I applied 7 years ago.
Pros
top salaries, flexible vacation days, opportunities for advancement, state of the art wellness center, doctor and physical trainer on staff, convenient employee parking, matched 401k
High Energy Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2013
Working part time at this establishment meant fitting all 20 hours into one weekend. Saturday from 9am to as late as 9 at night. Sunday from 11-7 pm. Sometimes we'd be dismissed early if the store was slow or if we had a pressing family function. The whole time we're on our feet, running around the showroom floor. The management here is quite friendly and understanding for the most part. It's definitely a numbers game with this company. If you miss your high quota a couple of times you're terminated, no matter what the reason. The camaraderie of fellow sales associates was the most enjoyable part of this job. While employed with Mathis Brothers I learned a lot about how furniture is made and how to spot a quality piece of furniture. I also learned a lot about the character of other people as well as how to better understand body language and what certain signs mean.
Pros
Opportunity to make a lot of money, paid training, free lunch sometimes
Cons
On your feet all day, no job security, always guessing if merchandise would be returned, stressful
A place to really call home.
Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 5, 2011
After 21 years with the company I can honestly say that the same terrific atmosphere that I get to enjoy daily is shared by each of my co-workers as well. From the top down Mathis Brothers mantra is that the employees make or break the company and that each person is a vital, indispensable part of the operation. At every level of management you will find someone that has worked their way up the ladder and has earned through their hard work more responsibility and a better position. It really is a team environment where people care for those around them, both as an employee and as a person.
Pros
great benefits
Productive, friendly environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work, can be smooth or very busy. I've learned to assemble and disassemble furniture. Management is great, they always make ways to help their employees. My co-workers are great as well, we are like a family we help one another. The hardest part of my job, i cant say i have no complaints a job is a job, im grateful just to have a job. The most enjoyable part of may jobs is getting certificates, it helps motivate me to do even better, because i know that my hard work and dedication is being noticed.
Pros
Benefits, sometimes free lunch, certificates
Cons
short breaks
busy
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2016
typical day at work would consist of attending meetings, deliveries, customer pick ups redecorating the floor and straightening the floor.
Fast paced productive environment
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2012
This position allowed me to interact with literally hundreds of people a week. This was both the most enjoyable and the hardest thing about this position. I enjoyed helping, directing, problem solving, and encouraging my sales staff to be as efficient and effective as possible. Every level of management was focused on the ultimate goal of producing revenue and were available night and day. A normal day of work began with sales strategy meetings with our teams and then hit the ground running. Throughout the day I solved virtually any problem that arose in the building from sales questions and concerns to operational hurdles. Direct customer service problems were addressed on a regular basis to prompt a quick and viable solution to upset consumers. Time management was the key thing I learned at this position. Throughout my tenor the store volume and size increased to the point you had to be very focused on using your time wisely to increase profits.
Pros
fast paced environtment with excellent benefits and management support
Cons
long retail work hours. nights and weekends are a must to be successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathis Brothers Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location