Mathis Brothers Furniture

Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Great Place, great environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 24, 2015
Mathis Brothers is a great place to start off at if you had never had a job. It is pretty laid back and still has the ability to rush you around.
shark atmosphere
assisting customers (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 16, 2015
Pros: nice facility
Cons: customer stealing
have way too many associates on floor at same time...100 on Saturday.....this fosters a bad environment was not for me as I am too moral to take from others
Worked there briefly
Sales (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great cafe
Cons: Long hours no family time
This was the worst experience. Most employees were so so rude with the new people. Some management was good some was awful. I worked there from June 2014 to August 2014
A great company to work for.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Indio, CAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: just a great company
Cons: work all weekends and holidays
Come in early to review and follow up with customer orders. usually a training or meeting. Management worked hard to make sure we were all on the same page with product knowledge, The hardest part of the job was standing on my feet for 10 plus hours and walking on concrete floors. The store is over 200,000 s.f..Hard on the body.

I loved to go to work and see all my friends at work. We were one big family and we all cared for each other. Even though we competed we were still friends. You don't find that too often.
Stiff upper lip
Cashier (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2015
Pros: uniforms provided by the company
Cons: boring, non-productive
Sit in a chair and wait for a sales person to bring a customer up to your window. Take payment or help apply for credit. Clean everything at the end of the night.
The Company
Visual Display (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Good company. They are willing to work with you if you are a student or with any other things that you may go thru. A lot of room for advancement in the company.
great place to work but not family freindly hours
Sales, Sales Manager, and Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyed working with customers
Cons: very long hours worked 7 days a week
Started out in Sales worked my way to sales management and then
General Manager of Thomasville Home Furnishings. Hired and
trained sales staff, office staff and warehouse staff. Ran day to day
operations met and exceeded sales goals gave weekly sales
meetings handled all delivery schedules and customer service.
Picker/Loader (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2014
Pros: always on your feet good cardio and they have a cafe that is awesome.
Cons: no real good place to put your food if needed to be refrigerated
Overall everyone is really nice fun to work with good management.
Challenging, and fun work environment. Great co-workers, great pay, great benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good pay, challenging work
Cons: no breaks, no lunch break, always work weekends
You start your day off with a sales meeting. Every day except Sunday. Most of these meetings are not necessary. Once a week would be enough. You will very quickly learn through interactions with customers that you cannot have a one size fits all solution for talking to people. Every customer requires something different and you have to be very adaptive. My experience with management is rocky. In 2 years I had four different managers. Only one of which was a true professional. Upper management needs work. In sales you will have over 100 different co workers at least. So finding someone you fit in with and connect with is easy. 99% of your co-workers will be likable which is good because you will spend a lot of time with them. The hardest part of the job is all the down time, the roller coaster ride of fast and slow paced days. Even if you are very adaptable it can be difficult to adjust to a slow paced day after a fast paced day and vice-versa. I would say what is harder than that is the amount they ask from you. Not because you always work, or work extra hours, but because no one ever says thank you. Which can make a HUGE difference in a company. The best part of the job is that it is very rewarding. There is an overwhelming feeling of success when you close a sale and help someone find exactly what they need.
Fast Paced
Full time Warehouse Section 3 Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2014
Crazy busy during the holidays. Co-workers are great. Management really nice and understanding.
Endless oppurtunities
Sales (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 8, 2014
Great company with awesome benefits. The work schedule
is not conducive to any family time.
Productive, friendly environment
Material Handler (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, sometimes free lunch, certificates
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work, can be smooth or very busy. I've learned to assemble and disassemble furniture. Management is great, they always make ways to help their employees. My co-workers are great as well, we are like a family we help one another. The hardest part of my job, i cant say i have no complaints a job is a job, im grateful just to have a job. The most enjoyable part of may jobs is getting certificates, it helps motivate me to do even better, because i know that my hard work and dedication is being noticed.
Could be a fun place to work, very demanding.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2014
It has its good days, also its bad.

If you're selling that day then everything seems to work out, otherwise its a long day.

Very demanding, if you've got the volume that management loves you can get away with pretty much anything.

You can make good money here you just have to hustle hard.
Busy and Interesting
Receptionist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 29, 2014
I answered the phones and direct internal and externals to departments and employees. When a fax came in I would get it to the person it was addressed to as well as fax for employees and customers as needed. I also greeted customers as they entered and exited the store. If needed, I directed customers to specific areas. I prepared air bills for FedEx and scheduled pickups for packages and took packages that had been delivered to the appropriate person. Another duty was to enter customer surveys into the computer system.
Good pay but you have to earn it!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 6, 2014
You have to work your butt off because you are there a ton of hours per week and a lot is expected of you but you can certainly make a lot of money if you hustle.
Great work.
Floor Crew (Former Employee), tulsa okMarch 2, 2014
good people. great pay. hard work, but treated good.
move stuff.
Good people
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: 1 hr lunch
First I would show up and turn on the computers and start to put in what people bought the night before so in could be delivered. Then I would help open the doors so customers could pick up merchandise that they want now, thru out the day I would help co-workers load merchandise on truck, also I would put the merchandise into the lift trucks onboard so they could drop the merchandise off when it needed to go. I learned how to do Microsoft office and word and outlook plus alot of others. I enjoyed learning new things here and hope to learn more.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2014
As a part of the sales team at Mathis Brothers Furniture I assisted customers throughout the store while expressing my knowledge of products and services.
High Energy Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: opportunity to make a lot of money, paid training, free lunch sometimes
Cons: on your feet all day, no job security, always guessing if merchandise would be returned, stressful
Working part time at this establishment meant fitting all 20 hours into one weekend. Saturday from 9am to as late as 9 at night. Sunday from 11-7 pm. Sometimes we'd be dismissed early if the store was slow or if we had a pressing family function. The whole time we're on our feet, running around the showroom floor. The management here is quite friendly and understanding for the most part. It's definitely a numbers game with this company. If you miss your high quota a couple of times you're terminated, no matter what the reason. The camaraderie of fellow sales associates was the most enjoyable part of this job. While employed with Mathis Brothers I learned a lot about how furniture is made and how to spot a quality piece of furniture. I also learned a lot about the character of other people as well as how to better understand body language and what certain signs mean.
Demanding
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2013
Sell. Sell. Sell is all I can say about this job. It was surely a learning experience with working for this family company.

1 2 3

About Mathis Brothers Furniture

Since 1960, family-owned and operated Mathis Brothers Furniture has continued to revolutionize the furniture industry as a one-stop – Read more

Mathis Brothers Furniture Salaries