Mathis Brothers Furniture

Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Good first job
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2013
Pros: giveaways, get to choose your break time
Cons: bad hours, hard work for little pay, very hard to move up in the company, cant mess one thing up at all or you get wrote up.
It would be a good first job for people because you get pushed qutie a bit to your limits. Weather thats being out in the heat all day or lifting and moving furniture all around the warehouse.
Demanding
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2013
Sell. Sell. Sell is all I can say about this job. It was surely a learning experience with working for this family company.
Furniture warehouse
Lift Operator (Current Employee), Ontario, CAMay 30, 2013
Good place to work. Great environment with really nice and respectful coworkers.
Downside: Very Poor Management Upside: Employment and Insurance Benefits
Service (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityMay 23, 2013
To be realistic and honest, this place has gone downhill. They have hired new management who are unfortunately not very well educated to run any kind of business. Store manager and director of operations in Oklahoma City do not know how to treat their employees. They micromanage and only care about making sales. As far as Mathis bros claiming they care about you and your family here they do not. Coming into retail you must understand you will never have any weekends or holidays off... EVEN if you have earned vacation hours and want to take them they limit you on when you are able to do so. Making sales/profit is their number one priority here. Not their customers and most definitely not their employees. Everything is based on politics here any kind of contest or job advancement is based on who you know or you are doing. I used to love it here. Now this place just stresses everyone out more than helps, no fun anymore. A job is a job and if you only have this place as an option by all means take it people need to make money but be prepared this is not a place for your future. The only good thing is that you get good insurance. Other than that, poor pay in all departments, overworked, unappreciated. You can make great money in sales, but you are working 7 days. Week 24 hr days. This place is great for people who don't have families or lives. The HR department is not ran well either. Nothing is confidential. Terrible, every department in OKC is very short handed due to management not wanting to hire because they say there is a "budget" if I owned this multi million dollar company it would always be ran efficiently and customer satisfaction would be number one priority not making sure I pinch every penny I can for my pocket -even if it means poor service. You can't do your job without someone hovering behind you. You will always be told what is wrong not ever praised for good work. It is so hard to stay positive in this environment. Get away if you can.
No Comment
Sales Rep. / Designer (Former Employee), Tulsa,OkApril 5, 2013
Pros: met neat people
Cons: straight commision, too many sales reps, no room for advancement, & horrible hours
Job came as a Blessing. And ended horribly .... This page is making me post a Review .... I really do not care to post anything about this place ... I just want a Job here in Florida ......
Not the best!
Dont want to share (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: long hours. don't value many employees. management over promise
Loved the job i had at the time but decided i needed to take the opportunity they offered me. They promised me great things and a better salary. I was let go 1 day before i got hired on. What a slap in the face.! I was working 7 days straight and very long hours. I was always praised for my work and yet when laid off they said i was not needed anymore. Very unethical! Since then i don't shop there, and don't recommend it to anyone. Happy employees make happy customers.

February 22, 2013

As Im reading these comments I have to laugh! I use to work for this place for years and to read that people that are current and former employees that have nothing but nice things to say is a JOKE!! this is by far the worst place to work! Everything about this company is unprofessional! You are promised so many things and you get nothing! Pay is changed on you over and over! You never know what the right way or wrong way is because the left hand NEVER knows what the RIGHT hand is doing! Mangement SUCKS!!!! The only way you will ever move up in this company is if you are sleeping with someone in mangment or you are part of someones family that is sleeping with someone in managment. If this is your only job you can get then go for it!! If you have other optionsPLEASE for the LOVE of GOD use them!!!!

Lift Truck Operator, Deliveries, Inspect (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 3, 2012
Pros: good hours
It a good company to work for and if you have potential to go further they will take you further
The Disneyland of Furniture
Training Sales Manager (Current Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 30, 2012
Pros: commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
Cons: commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
There have only been a few jobs I have had where I look forward to going to work. Disneyland, The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Mathis Brothers Furniture. The work is fun and allows me the freedom to be creative; The employees are very friendly and the pay is great. If you enjoy sales and unlimited income potential, join our team.
Fast paced productive environment
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2012
Pros: fast paced environtment with excellent benefits and management support
Cons: long retail work hours. nights and weekends are a must to be successful
This position allowed me to interact with literally hundreds of people a week. This was both the most enjoyable and the hardest thing about this position. I enjoyed helping, directing, problem solving, and encouraging my sales staff to be as efficient and effective as possible. Every level of management was focused on the ultimate goal of producing revenue and were available night and day. A normal day of work began with sales strategy meetings with our teams and then hit the ground running. Throughout the day I solved virtually any problem that arose in the building from sales questions and concerns to operational hurdles. Direct customer service problems were addressed on a regular basis to prompt a quick and viable solution to upset consumers. Time management was the key thing I learned at this position. Throughout my tenor the store volume and size increased to the point you had to be very focused on using your time wisely to increase profits.
educating experience
Loader (Former Employee), oklahoma cityJuly 24, 2012
learned alot about how warehouse jobs and the importance of keeping inventory and a clean workplace
Great office environment
Compute sales (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 7, 2012
Financing & dealing with cash. Paperwork, customer service.
A good place to hone your sales skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2012
Pros: good pay scale and opportunity.
Cons: no weekends off.........ever!
Working with customers and meeting furnishing needs was the best part of the job. The store is one of the best looking retail establishments in America. Overall, the sales staff was good to work with having some exceptions.
Stay away.
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 4, 2012
No loyalty to customers or sales. No base pay and low commissions. Few, very few, people make a living here because they manipulate who gets the clients. This is a dishonest company to the sales and the customers.
Excellent Company with Family Values
Sales- Design Consultant (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 22, 2012
Pros: so much furniture to choose from, outstanding value, many clients
Cons: too many salespeople on the floor, large showroom over 200, 000 sq ft.
Mathis Brothers is a wonderful company to work for. The co-workers are friendly and considerate.
Managment take great pride in helping all sales persons and
make it a fun and rewarding place to work.
Great Employment Adventure
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2012
Pros: free breakfast on saturdays, great opportunitys for extra cash.
Cons: long work hours
Typical day at Mathis brothers starts with a team meeting, new products and sales goals are discussed. I've learned that dreams can come true and anything can be achieved with hard work and the ability to learn and grow. My team is like a family, we help each other through daily challenges like being treated poorly by customers and feeling like we are in a shark tank.
The most enjoyable part of Mathis brothers is that their are never ending possiblitys.

June 23, 2012

I woul love to work here.

Fun work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch on saturday and sunday
Cons: schedule constantly changes, required to work nights and every weekend, some managers are unprofessional
I open the reception area 4 days a week. The hardest part of my job is not being able to be more helpful to customers because I have to transfer them to a different department. My co-workers are amazing, I work with 4 other ladies including my manager and we all seem to get along extremely well.
Fun place to work
Anonymous (Former Employee), NYFebruary 3, 2012
Very good career benefits, Sales commission, Medical Card, Staff price
A place to really call home.
Manager (Current Employee), OKC, OKOctober 5, 2011
Pros: great benefits
After 21 years with the company I can honestly say that the same terrific atmosphere that I get to enjoy daily is shared by each of my co-workers as well. From the top down Mathis Brothers mantra is that the employees make or break the company and that each person is a vital, indispensable part of the operation. At every level of management you will find someone that has worked their way up the ladder and has earned through their hard work more responsibility and a better position. It really is a team environment where people care for those around them, both as an employee and as a person.
Industry Leading furniture retailer
buyer (Current Employee), oklahoma citySeptember 26, 2011
I've been working at Mathis Brothers since Jan 2003. I've seen so much change and progress for the company in that time. That's really an accomplishment considering the company has been around for ages. They continue to innovate and stay ahead of the competition and other retailers. It's a really great working environment, a place where people care about their job, care about each other, and try to treat the customers right. I've had opportunity to advance through the ranks, and have seen many others grow up in the company also. It's great to work for a company that's growing and thriving and stable in this difficult economy! Also love the people I work with :)
Mathis Brothers Furniture
Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2011
Pros: on site wellness center, great co-workers, enjoyable atmosphere
I have been with the company over 10 years and I enjoy being a part of the family. It is a wonderful place to work with great opportunities. Mathis Brothers values their employees and makes sure each and every employee is treated wonderfully. There is plenty of room for advancement and the environment is always friendly.