Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews

Good people
LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 27, 2014
First I would show up and turn on the computers and start to put in what people bought the night before so in could be delivered. Then I would help open the doors so customers could pick up merchandise that they want now, thru out the day I would help co-workers load merchandise on truck, also I would put the merchandise into the lift trucks onboard so they could drop the merchandise off when it needed to go. I learned how to do Microsoft office and word and outlook plus alot of others. I enjoyed learning new things here and hope to learn more.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Great Place To Work!
e-Commerce Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2011
I have been employed with Mathis Brothers Furniture since 2004 and I have worked in several departments around the store. It has provided great opportunities for educational growth, at work and home. Mathis values employee retention and focuses on training within and promoting within. As proof the Mathis family has recently made an investment in their employees by opening the Mathis University, which focuses on providing additional training and educational benefits for all of us. I love the company and the people!
Never a dull moment and everyday is a different day.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2011
I have worked at Mathis Brothers for 8.5 years and love it. I started as an entry level cashier and have worked my way up over the years. Mathis Brothers is a family friendly environment and a fun place to work. There are many perks that come with the hard work. One thing I value most is they allow us to have a life balance and encourage a healthy work enviroment by providing us a gym that we can work out at on our before work, after work, or during our lunch. I feel this is very important. It's a place where when you leave at the end of the day you know they care about their employees.
Pros
fun and friendly work environment, onsight gym
Great place to work. Lots of opportunity to excel.
store manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CaSeptember 21, 2011
I have been at this company since 2001 and in the industry 30 years. I have always been given great support for both myself and my family. It is a workplace that you are happy when driving in to work because you know you work with and for good people. It feels good to know that you can take care of customers the way they deserve. Being a busy woman it is great to know you are listened to, respected and appreciated. This is not just a job, it is a family.
Pros
great working environment, lots of smiles
Employee and Customer Focused
Information Technology Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
I feel extremely lucky to be a person that looks forward to going to work everyday and this company is the primary reason. In fact, one of the core values is "A fun and friendly environment." Mathis Brothers strives to promote within, and I am proof that you can start at the bottom and work your way up. This is a fast-paced, forward-looking company that invests in its employees.
Pros
family oriented, positive work environment, onsite gym, great benefits
Industry Leading furniture retailer
buyer (Current Employee) –  oklahoma citySeptember 26, 2011
I've been working at Mathis Brothers since Jan 2003. I've seen so much change and progress for the company in that time. That's really an accomplishment considering the company has been around for ages. They continue to innovate and stay ahead of the competition and other retailers. It's a really great working environment, a place where people care about their job, care about each other, and try to treat the customers right. I've had opportunity to advance through the ranks, and have seen many others grow up in the company also. It's great to work for a company that's growing and thriving and stable in this difficult economy! Also love the people I work with :)
A place to really call home.
Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 5, 2011
After 21 years with the company I can honestly say that the same terrific atmosphere that I get to enjoy daily is shared by each of my co-workers as well. From the top down Mathis Brothers mantra is that the employees make or break the company and that each person is a vital, indispensable part of the operation. At every level of management you will find someone that has worked their way up the ladder and has earned through their hard work more responsibility and a better position. It really is a team environment where people care for those around them, both as an employee and as a person.
Pros
great benefits
Great Employment Adventure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2012
Typical day at Mathis brothers starts with a team meeting, new products and sales goals are discussed. I've learned that dreams can come true and anything can be achieved with hard work and the ability to learn and grow. My team is like a family, we help each other through daily challenges like being treated poorly by customers and feeling like we are in a shark tank.
The most enjoyable part of Mathis brothers is that their are never ending possiblitys.
Pros
free breakfast on saturdays, great opportunitys for extra cash.
Cons
long work hours
Not the best!
Dont want to share (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 10, 2013
Loved the job i had at the time but decided i needed to take the opportunity they offered me. They promised me great things and a better salary. I was let go 1 day before i got hired on. What a slap in the face.! I was working 7 days straight and very long hours. I was always praised for my work and yet when laid off they said i was not needed anymore. Very unethical! Since then i don't shop there, and don't recommend it to anyone. Happy employees make happy customers.
Cons
long hours. don't value many employees. management over promise
Fun work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2012
I open the reception area 4 days a week. The hardest part of my job is not being able to be more helpful to customers because I have to transfer them to a different department. My co-workers are amazing, I work with 4 other ladies including my manager and we all seem to get along extremely well.
Pros
free lunch on saturday and sunday
Cons
schedule constantly changes, required to work nights and every weekend, some managers are unprofessional

Want to know more about Mathis Brothers Furniture?

Ask a question
The Disneyland of Furniture
Training Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 30, 2012
There have only been a few jobs I have had where I look forward to going to work. Disneyland, The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Mathis Brothers Furniture. The work is fun and allows me the freedom to be creative; The employees are very friendly and the pay is great. If you enjoy sales and unlimited income potential, join our team.
Pros
commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
Cons
commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
Mathis Brothers Furniture
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2011
I have been with the company over 10 years and I enjoy being a part of the family. It is a wonderful place to work with great opportunities. Mathis Brothers values their employees and makes sure each and every employee is treated wonderfully. There is plenty of room for advancement and the environment is always friendly.
Pros
on site wellness center, great co-workers, enjoyable atmosphere
Productive day, Steady paced
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 22, 2015
Minimum amount of workers caused work pace to increase. Too many "Higher managers" not on same page caused interruption during the work day.
Great place to work and be part of a team that's always improving
Graphic Design and Retail Display (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkSeptember 22, 2011
Working at Mathis Brothers has been a great experience for me. It's an environment where each person is given the opportunity to reach their personal goals but also make positive contributions to the team as a whole.
Pros
on site gym and doctor, great benefits and incentives, awesome people to work with
Excellent Company with Family Values
Sales- Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 22, 2012
Mathis Brothers is a wonderful company to work for. The co-workers are friendly and considerate.
Managment take great pride in helping all sales persons and
make it a fun and rewarding place to work.
Pros
so much furniture to choose from, outstanding value, many clients
Cons
too many salespeople on the floor, large showroom over 200, 000 sq ft.
Outstanding place to work if you live in Oklahoma or Southern California!!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
Mathis Brothers Furniture is a company that truly cares for their employees. The prospect for success is GUARANTEED, and the opportunity for advancement is great. The owners are accessible, more than friendly, but even more anxious to let their staff know how much they are appreciated. They provide many incentives for their employees. I personally have won a 7 day Caribean cruise vacation, countless amounts of cash prizes, flat screen tv's.....the list goes on and on!!! Working for Mathis Brothers has completely changed my family's life, I'm so grateful that I applied 7 years ago.
Pros
top salaries, flexible vacation days, opportunities for advancement, state of the art wellness center, doctor and physical trainer on staff, convenient employee parking, matched 401k
Good first job
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2013
It would be a good first job for people because you get pushed qutie a bit to your limits. Weather thats being out in the heat all day or lifting and moving furniture all around the warehouse.
Pros
Giveaways, Get to choose your break time
Cons
Bad hours, Hard work for little pay, very hard to move up in the company, Cant mess one thing up at all or you get wrote up.
Customer Focused, Fun and Friendly place to work!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2011
Mathis Brothers has proven to be an industry leader in furniture and home decor for over 50 years! Its also an outstanding work environment for energectic, positive, and friendly people that have a sense to succeed. I've been a part of the team since 1997 and had many opportunities to grow within the company. A few friends of mine joined me, one summer break, in the warehouse loading out customer orders. Several of us have continued to take on additional responsibilities over the years that align with our skill sets. Each one of us, along with every employee, play an important role in serving our customers and continuing to make Mathis Brothers a place to be proud of. I would encourage you to join the us!
Pros
opportunity, a place where one helps another to succeed, care and compassion for customers and employees
Not really the place for me
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 1, 2015
Not good training, Not enough pay work the work that is required. The responsability of some management is lacking in some areas. Too many young people with no sense of responseability
Mathis Brothers Furniture
Associate (Current Employee)August 23, 2011
I have worked at Mathis Brothers since 2009 and have no complaints. The management really work well to hear the voice of the employees and I have had the opportunity to work in different departments to further my education and knowledge. It's a fun environment I am glad to be a part of!
Pros
cross training
Cons
long commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathis Brothers Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location