Mathis Brothers Furniture Employee Reviews in United States

Employee and Customer Focused
Information Technology Director (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
I feel extremely lucky to be a person that looks forward to going to work everyday and this company is the primary reason. In fact, one of the core values is "A fun and friendly environment." Mathis Brothers strives to promote within, and I am proof that you can start at the bottom and work your way up. This is a fast-paced, forward-looking company that invests in its employees.
Pros
family oriented, positive work environment, onsite gym, great benefits
Industry Leading furniture retailer
buyer (Current Employee) –  oklahoma citySeptember 26, 2011
I've been working at Mathis Brothers since Jan 2003. I've seen so much change and progress for the company in that time. That's really an accomplishment considering the company has been around for ages. They continue to innovate and stay ahead of the competition and other retailers. It's a really great working environment, a place where people care about their job, care about each other, and try to treat the customers right. I've had opportunity to advance through the ranks, and have seen many others grow up in the company also. It's great to work for a company that's growing and thriving and stable in this difficult economy! Also love the people I work with :)
A place to really call home.
Manager (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKOctober 5, 2011
After 21 years with the company I can honestly say that the same terrific atmosphere that I get to enjoy daily is shared by each of my co-workers as well. From the top down Mathis Brothers mantra is that the employees make or break the company and that each person is a vital, indispensable part of the operation. At every level of management you will find someone that has worked their way up the ladder and has earned through their hard work more responsibility and a better position. It really is a team environment where people care for those around them, both as an employee and as a person.
Pros
great benefits
Great Employment Adventure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2012
Typical day at Mathis brothers starts with a team meeting, new products and sales goals are discussed. I've learned that dreams can come true and anything can be achieved with hard work and the ability to learn and grow. My team is like a family, we help each other through daily challenges like being treated poorly by customers and feeling like we are in a shark tank.
The most enjoyable part of Mathis brothers is that their are never ending possiblitys.
Pros
free breakfast on saturdays, great opportunitys for extra cash.
Cons
long work hours
Not the best!
Dont want to share (Former Employee) –  OntarioFebruary 10, 2013
Loved the job i had at the time but decided i needed to take the opportunity they offered me. They promised me great things and a better salary. I was let go 1 day before i got hired on. What a slap in the face.! I was working 7 days straight and very long hours. I was always praised for my work and yet when laid off they said i was not needed anymore. Very unethical! Since then i don't shop there, and don't recommend it to anyone. Happy employees make happy customers.
Cons
long hours. don't value many employees. management over promise
Fun work environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 28, 2012
I open the reception area 4 days a week. The hardest part of my job is not being able to be more helpful to customers because I have to transfer them to a different department. My co-workers are amazing, I work with 4 other ladies including my manager and we all seem to get along extremely well.
Pros
free lunch on saturday and sunday
Cons
schedule constantly changes, required to work nights and every weekend, some managers are unprofessional
The Disneyland of Furniture
Training Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 30, 2012
There have only been a few jobs I have had where I look forward to going to work. Disneyland, The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Mathis Brothers Furniture. The work is fun and allows me the freedom to be creative; The employees are very friendly and the pay is great. If you enjoy sales and unlimited income potential, join our team.
Pros
commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
Cons
commission - you get what you put out. no limits.
Stiff upper lip
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 6, 2015
Sit in a chair and wait for a sales person to bring a customer up to your window. Take payment or help apply for credit. Clean everything at the end of the night.
Pros
uniforms provided by the company
Cons
boring, non-productive
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2011
I have been with the company over 10 years and I enjoy being a part of the family. It is a wonderful place to work with great opportunities. Mathis Brothers values their employees and makes sure each and every employee is treated wonderfully. There is plenty of room for advancement and the environment is always friendly.
Pros
on site wellness center, great co-workers, enjoyable atmosphere
Great place to work and be part of a team that's always improving
Graphic Design and Retail Display (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OkSeptember 22, 2011
Working at Mathis Brothers has been a great experience for me. It's an environment where each person is given the opportunity to reach their personal goals but also make positive contributions to the team as a whole.
Pros
on site gym and doctor, great benefits and incentives, awesome people to work with
Excellent Company with Family Values
Sales- Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 22, 2012
Mathis Brothers is a wonderful company to work for. The co-workers are friendly and considerate.
Managment take great pride in helping all sales persons and
make it a fun and rewarding place to work.
Pros
so much furniture to choose from, outstanding value, many clients
Cons
too many salespeople on the floor, large showroom over 200, 000 sq ft.
Outstanding place to work if you live in Oklahoma or Southern California!!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2011
Mathis Brothers Furniture is a company that truly cares for their employees. The prospect for success is GUARANTEED, and the opportunity for advancement is great. The owners are accessible, more than friendly, but even more anxious to let their staff know how much they are appreciated. They provide many incentives for their employees. I personally have won a 7 day Caribean cruise vacation, countless amounts of cash prizes, flat screen tv's.....the list goes on and on!!! Working for Mathis Brothers has completely changed my family's life, I'm so grateful that I applied 7 years ago.
Pros
top salaries, flexible vacation days, opportunities for advancement, state of the art wellness center, doctor and physical trainer on staff, convenient employee parking, matched 401k
Good first job
Lift Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2013
It would be a good first job for people because you get pushed qutie a bit to your limits. Weather thats being out in the heat all day or lifting and moving furniture all around the warehouse.
Pros
giveaways, get to choose your break time
Cons
bad hours, hard work for little pay, very hard to move up in the company, cant mess one thing up at all or you get wrote up.
Customer Focused, Fun and Friendly place to work!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 31, 2011
Mathis Brothers has proven to be an industry leader in furniture and home decor for over 50 years! Its also an outstanding work environment for energectic, positive, and friendly people that have a sense to succeed. I've been a part of the team since 1997 and had many opportunities to grow within the company. A few friends of mine joined me, one summer break, in the warehouse loading out customer orders. Several of us have continued to take on additional responsibilities over the years that align with our skill sets. Each one of us, along with every employee, play an important role in serving our customers and continuing to make Mathis Brothers a place to be proud of. I would encourage you to join the us!
Pros
opportunity, a place where one helps another to succeed, care and compassion for customers and employees
Could be a fun place to work, very demanding.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 27, 2014
It has its good days, also its bad.

If you're selling that day then everything seems to work out, otherwise its a long day.

Very demanding, if you've got the volume that management loves you can get away with pretty much anything.

You can make good money here you just have to hustle hard.
Associate (Current Employee)August 23, 2011
I have worked at Mathis Brothers since 2009 and have no complaints. The management really work well to hear the voice of the employees and I have had the opportunity to work in different departments to further my education and knowledge. It's a fun environment I am glad to be a part of!
Pros
cross training
Cons
long commute
A good place to hone your sales skills.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 7, 2012
Working with customers and meeting furnishing needs was the best part of the job. The store is one of the best looking retail establishments in America. Overall, the sales staff was good to work with having some exceptions.
Pros
good pay scale and opportunity.
Cons
no weekends off.........ever!
The Company
Visual Display (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2015
Good company. They are willing to work with you if you are a student or with any other things that you may go thru. A lot of room for advancement in the company.
Mathis Brothers. One of the Family!
Manager (Former Employee)August 1, 2011
It started as a family business, and when I joined the Oklahoma City store I felt like I was just that .. family. For the 2 years I worked there I had a wonderful experience. I was promoted after year 1 and definitely learned a lot about the industry.
Pros
friendly staff
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2014
Overall everyone is really nice fun to work with good management.
Pros
always on your feet good cardio and they have a cafe that is awesome.
Cons
no real good place to put your food if needed to be refrigerated

Mathis Brothers Furniture Reviews by Location