Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV

Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV Employee Reviews

Fun Math Learning Center
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Matthews, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Mathnasium is a fun learning environment and a good opportunity to gain experience working with students. The company is well organized and has a great staff. Mathnasium helps students understand math concepts and makes learning math fun.
Pros
Great Staff, The company is well organized
Cons
A challenging and interesting enviroment helping kids
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2017
At Mathnasium, I love helping students achieve a deeper understanding of mathematics. I get to work with students with weaknesses as well as those with very strong foundations. My own math skills have improved with daily practice. Additionally, the staff is a great group of people who all care deeply about our students' success. I don't know if I can give a stronger recommendation than even when I am tired, I can't wait to get to work.
Pros
Good hours, great coworkers, excellent curriculum
Great environment and job satisfaction
Assistant Center Director (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2017
My co-workers are great, the hours are reasonable, and I love being in a position that helps kids succeed in math. Everyone is on the same page with the goal of making sure each student gets a quality math education, both locally and on the corporate level, and that goes a long way for making sure the work environment is healthy and enjoyable.
Best Job I've Had Yet!!
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 18, 2017
Mathnasium is an amazing company! I work here while completing my Elementary Education degree, and it was the best decision I have made. The environment is so fun. You get to work with kids of all ages and help them learn to understand math in a way that makes sense to them. I've have been working here for less than 6 months, and I have already been promoted to Lead Instructor. There are plenty of opportunities to move up with this company. Not to mention, our amazing Center Director. She is kind, helpful, and genuinely cares.
Very rewarding educational job
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 17, 2017
A good place to work if you like education and helping kids. It is a program that I have seen work and it is very rewarding to help the kids and watch them grow mathematically.
Fun, team focused workplace that advances children's math skills
Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. Matthews in Louisville, KYJanuary 17, 2017
Mathnasium is a great workplace for people who are passionate about mathematics or working with children, trying to improve teaching/speaking skills, or hoping to work with fellow employees as a team. Mathnasium aims to help students learn in an effective, fun way for each individual. I love the focus Mathnasium puts on building or strengthening a solid foundation before moving on to more challenging concepts. So far at Mathnasium I am impressed with the noticeable differences in the ways students work and pick up on things and how our team of instructors appropriately communicates to find the best teaching methods for specific students. I am loving this job, my coworkers, and our students so far and expect for this satisfaction with Mathnasium to grow.
Pros
Personable management, company outings, shorter shifts, schedule flexibility
Cons
Slightly quick transition from training to working with students, occasionally slow (usually preceding holidays)
Excited to Be Helping Students With a Program that Works!
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Weston, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Mathnasium has been the best job I have had. We truly make a difference in the lives of our students everyday! I am excited to come into work each day because everyday is different and rewarding. I tell all of my friends to apply because I know the changes we are making everyday and I love working for a company like that.
Amazing Place to Work
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
I started here in January 2016 and I have loved every minute of working on the Support Team. I was hired to be the Billing Coordinator, and I still am, but I have received the opportunity to work in other departments as well and learned so much from the experience. I came into this company not realizing that I was about to start working somewhere that I would want to make my career.
My co-workers are so wonderful and were so welcoming from day one. I always enjoy getting to work along side them.
What I enjoy most about this job is that I am working for a company that helps children build confidence and grow every day. While I am not personally taking part in that exercise, what we do on the Support Team help make it possible for our instructors to do so.
Pros
Great work environment, amazing staff
Great business to work for, especially as a first job
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Mathnasium has phenomenal core values and an awesome management team that make this job not only enjoyable but easy to transition into. Having never worked a job before, the Mathnasium team made sure that I had all the resources necessary to succeed at my job. Additionally they make sure to provide flexibility with hours and really care about the students that receive help at the facility.
Great part-time job for this mom!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2017
Now that all three of my kids are in school, I wanted to find a part-time job that was flexible and understanding of my mom-schedule. From the first interview I knew it would be a great place to work surrounded by awesome people. I enjoy helping other parents learn more about our program and can personally attest to how well it works since two of my boys attend. Mathnasium is a a tremendous math learning program and the customer service position is great because it's not too stressful and the hours are flexible. I would definitely recommend this job to any other moms (or dads) looking for part-time work!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lots of sitting - but that's to be expected!
Phenomenal place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Mathnasium is a great place to work. There is never a dull moment with the kids. The greatest part of a typical work day is getting to see the excitement on the students' face when the topic is making sense to them. That makes my day and I get to see the difference I am making in their life.
Great workplace with great staff who make a difference
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Ever since I started working at Mathnasium I have consistently seen the impact it's employees have on kids of all ages. The assigned curriculum and face to face help provided by these centers provide kids with the help they need to stay on track, and exceed, in their courses. It's rare to find a child who is upset during their session and is unwilling to try to learn. The instructors are all great with kids and very knowledgeable with regards to the material they are working on at school as well as that provided by Mathnasium.
Pros
Personable instructors, great sturcture, productive environment
Always entertaining workplace
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Working at the Mathnasium has proven to never have a dull moment. A typical day at work requires a mixture of being constantly perspective of your surroundings as well as the ability to multitask and work with several people at once. The job keeps you busy, allowing you to see both the hardest part of the job and at the same time one of the most enjoyable parts.
Pros
Flexible hours
Such a wonderful environment! Kind coworkers and center director!
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 12, 2017
The kids are amazing! If you ever need help or aren't sure about something your coworkers are always there to help you! If you are a math enthusiast and would like to help others this is definitely the job for you!
Fun Student Oriented Learning Environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Great place to work if you love kids and math. Being an instructor is very rewarding and the employees and kids are amazing. I am a new employee here and don't see myself leaving any time soon.
Pros
Love of math, great kids
Cons
Afternoon, evening work
Great opportunity for colege students in need of work!
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Waterford Lakes, FLJanuary 12, 2017
I have been working at Mathnasium for 6 months now, and I love my job. The management is extremely helpful and kind and so are all of my coworkers. As a future math teacher, I think this job is a great way to gain experience and make money doing something I love!
Fulfilling Career in a Positive Atmosphere
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Waterford Lakes, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Teaching students math in a way that makes sense, surrounded by positive people, is a very rewarding day's work. It goes by quickly, and you get to interact with all types of students, from elementary up through high school, each day. The hardest part is juggling 4 students at a time, but you are trained and supported extensively. They are also very flexible with school schedules for college as the center is only open in the afternoons/early evenings, and on weekends.
Favorite Job!
Assistant Center Director (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2017
I have been with Mathnasium for over 4 years now and I love every minute of it! We have the best staff you could ever hope to work with. Everyone is very nice and respectful to each other but we know how to have fun with each other as well. Our management is the best in the business! Everyone really knows their stuff and is very helpful making big decisions and making sure everyday operations run smoothly. A normal day of work includes working with the children, building relations with them and their parents, and then some light cleaning at the end of the day to be prepared for the next. I've learned a lot things throughout my time here such as building personal relations with customers, how to make a sale, and many others.The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part for me, and that's working with the kids. Each child we work with is very unique, and figuring out how each one learns best is the the perfect challenge for this job. Every kid is a joy to work with!
Pros
Fun environment, keeps your mind sharp, great staff.
Cons
I truly can't think of any.
Great part-time job for a math lover
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 12, 2017
The instructor position has good flexibility for a student. It easy to have school in the morning and working for a few hours in the evening. Plus, the center is closed on Friday, so it's perfect.

It pays pretty well for a part-time job, higher starting rate then most part-time jobs.

The kids are great. As long as you are diverse in math and have some experience in tutoring, shifts go smoothly

Lastly, my center director and assistant director are very nice. In fact everyone working in my center seem to get along great. I have also seen this in the few other centers I have been to, so I expect you to see it as well.
Pros
Activites, fun days, snacks, pay and raises
Cons
Sometimes slow, sometimes crowded
Fun place to work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Work here is pretty light. For the most part, you come in and work with happy kids and can watch them grow as people. The hardest part of this job is watching kids struggle to learn something, which leads to the best part of this job. Watching a kid succeed after years of struggling. I have learned quite a bit about math here as well as how to work with children. All the employees here are very nice and helpful.
Pros
fun environment, nice people
Cons
late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathnasium the Math Learning Center/Mathnasium KV. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6