Mathnasium Employee Reviews

Part time, but wonderful
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 21, 2017
I had a wonderful time, it was fun, taught tons of math, got great administrative experience... but it was only part-time, so I left. That was a sad day in my life!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Limited advancement
Lesson Learned
Assistant Center Director (Former Employee) –  VAJune 2, 2017
I will own multiple franchises in my lifetime. A great concept, and effective in helping students. I hope to assist many students in my lifetime!!!!!!
Productive and fun work place
Math Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fulshear, TXJune 1, 2017
A good and comfortable place to work. The management of mathnasium is very cooperative and helpful. I loved working here. Most of students create a special bond with you.
Great atmosphere to work
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 25, 2017
I greatly enjoy working here. The environment is very relaxed, and both the staff and the students feel at home. I really like the fact that we don't stick to formalities, otherwise the students would feel more intimidated by math. After all, math is an art that takes time to master.
Pros
Excellent employees
Cons
Hours are restricted to when students are out of school
Love working here
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Normal, ILMay 23, 2017
I love working here as a tutor at Mathnasium. The work schedule is always flexible. The job is not demanding either. It is a perfect part-time position to have.
Pros
Flexible hours, excellent manager
Very caring staff
Instructer (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILMay 15, 2017
This was a nice place to work with a very caring staff. It was a great part time job while I was in school. I learned a lot from working there that will better me in my future endeavors.
Productive and extremely fun!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 15, 2017
The instructors are a very tight nit group of individuals who readily allow others in! We are encouraged to develop good relations with the students and to interact with them while they are working, causing a very friendly environment!
Fun place to work with children on their math skills
Lead Instructor (Current Employee) –  Savage, MNMay 5, 2017
This is a fun place to work with other instructors to improve the math skills of students K-12. It is nice to be able to connect with students who struggle but are interested in learning more, as well as pushing along those who just need help.
Productive and fun
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMay 3, 2017
Nice workplace, fun to interact with young children. Manager was really nice. I definitely gained a lot of experience of working as a part of a team and was able to help many students
I love working at Mathnasium
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 2, 2017
This is a part-time job, but I wish it was much more. The kids are great, my co-workers are great and the center director is amazing. It's hard, fast-paced work but super rewarding.
Pros
Great system for helping kids
Cons
Wish there was more opportunity and better income
Awesome math tutors and great environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2017
Mathnasium is a great place for children to get direct attention for their math skills. The work environment and instructors are very peaceful and helpful. All instructors are trained on ways to enhance the learning experience of the students. It is a great place to learn and grow.
Great place for a first job
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAApril 18, 2017
It is a great place for a part-time job if you love math or want to be a teacher. If you want to progress further however you need to dive deeper into sales.
Great learning environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJApril 13, 2017
Work with young kids and build a foundation that they will carry with them for the rest of their life. Must be able to communicate with parents and provide daily updates on their child's progress.
Great for a 2nd Job
After School Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 6, 2017
I would say this is a good place to work if you are looking to keep busy in the evening and do not need a lot of money. The kids are great and the way they teach is also a great thing to learn. However, you will make more money just offering tutoring services to a few students at your local library. There is not room for advancement, but the employees were fun. There is also a lot of turn over since this seems to be a stepping stone for teachers while they wait for a substitute position or a full time job. One downside is that you can not really sub day to day and work here since the day starts at 2:30 and most schools do not get out until after this time.
Pros
Teaching experience
Cons
Late Nights
job description
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 21, 2017
 Helped students varying from pre-k to college with different levels of math curriculum.
 Tutored in elementary math to College level Calculus.
 Helped develop good study skills and habits for optimal success.
 Helped develop confidence in math skills of students
Great experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 20, 2017
I worked to strengthen the students' foundation in mathematics by explaining numerous essential concepts and expanding upon their previous knowledge. It was amazing to watch these children grasp difficult concepts and after much effort, proudly return with exceptional grades. This experience taught me that I enjoy teaching others and leading in a group setting.
Pros
Good hours and pay
Cons
Little work during the summer
Fun job, but deff part time and non-perm.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNMarch 20, 2017
The job is fun, but it's not permanent because it's just not enough in pay and can only ever be part time. No raises are gonna happen and no growing in the company. But what does these days?
Pros
Fun, kids are great
Cons
Part time
Good for Kids
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72211March 19, 2017
A good place to be if one loves kids and developing future minds but not great for a career path. They will have you jump through hoops for advancement and never give it.
Cons
A fun place to work with ki
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2017
The best part of the job is getting to work with students and watching their enthusiasm and confidence develop each day they come in. Parents are often very encouraging towards the instructors.
a good place to work
instructor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 3, 2017
The kids are great; the instructors are great.

The atmosphere can be hectic. One major problem is that we are hired as tutors, but are expected to act as counselors and mediators and parents, etc. That stuff was never in the training and management doesn't seem to think we need to know about that kind of stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mathnasium. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4