Matrix Human Services Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A great way to get your foot in Education
Building Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work is fast paced greeting the families and seeing all the childrens smiling faces everyday is heart warming. I learn that if you listen very closely, you may help out in some way. Management in my area is fair and very creative. The workplace culture is beyond memorizing how the families come together to rejoice what we do for the community. The hardest part of the job is having to face issues with behavioral students, the most enjoyable part is being able to solve the issues, seeing the community come together to part take in volunteering in the school, seeing the children everyday, and the work day going by fast by all the production being done.
Pros
Trainings, the CEO being very communicative throughout the agency, & benefits
Cons
Short breaks or no break at all (due to busy days)
Good opporunity to enter into Education/Teaching
Lead Head Start Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2017
Matrix has a culture that does not operate at a highly professional level. This non-profit has good intentions, but poor execution. I understand that this is a company that gives second chances, but more training should be provided in professional ethics.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Poor Culture
Total Disregard for employees, lack of professionalism, ghetto
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Head startJuly 28, 2017
The politics and ego driven nature of this company and the over all cover up of wrong doings are insurmountable. The only positive thing for employees were the benefits and pay which run equal to other agencies in this field. There are many upper manager who dont have a clue what their job is or anyone else's, they just make up things as they go along. The management staff will steal your ideas for there own and fire you when you expose wrong doing in the company through constructive feedback. The clients have complained about the level of unprofessional-ism and the ever shrinking services. I am greatfull however for my clients and for the opportunity to gain experience and to learn what never to do!
Pros
Cons
Every thing
nonprofit life
Development and Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 27, 2017
Always doing good.
Working with small budgets is a consideration.
Can be emotionally hard.
Must be willing to work in a diverse work place.
Feels good to help others.
Great Job
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 20, 2017
Good Benefits, like working with families, admisintrative is willing to work with you..sad that we don't work summers. Compensation is comparable with other opportunities
Pros
free lunches, good hours
Challenging experience
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 14, 2017
While Matrix seems to be primarily a Head Start program, my experience with them was as a social work intern not involved with Head Start. In the year I was there, four people left the department I interned in, making for a lack of management. I felt that there was a lack of meaningful activities for me to do on most days that would help prepare me for entering the workforce outside of school. When interviewing for the internship the manager was an hour and a half late, and when interviewing for a paid position with a different department I never heard back.
Pros
Diversity of services for wide range of clients
Cons
Negative corporate culture, shrinking services to clients
This is a care giver position that requires interaction with a single individual.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 11, 2017
I arrive at the clients home, cook meals, assist with bathing and dressing, make up her bed and do house cleaning. There is no real management or co-workers. The hardest part of the job is driving from Novi to Detroit in bad weather.
Pros
I set my own time daily
Cons
Not enough pay or benefits.
Matrix Human Services
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2017
Large corporation with many divisions. This corporation has been around for a long time and has recently made a few changes. Does not give a lot of room for growth.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Long hours with no room for advancement
Busy, rewarding, fun, long days, great opportunities
Division Director (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MichiganOctober 10, 2015
I was in management so my days were always busy. I like busy. The work is rewarding when you are helping someone improve the quality of their life. I learned how to run programs efficiently, seek additional funding, grant writing, quality assurance. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time in the day to do everything. So you may have to come in early or leave late.
Pros
Flexibility
Volunteer Matrix Head Start (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 29, 2015
I cleaned and sanitized children's plays areas. Also i prepared breakfast , lunch , snacks , and activities for the children. Most days are enjoyable.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 12, 2015
Matrix Human Services, is a wonderful place to work. Great people to be around. Hard working, and friendly co workers. Not for profit, that is a services to the community.
Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 6, 2015
I enjoy the people I work with and some of the management are easy to work with. The only problem is that they do not do well with promoting from within.
A good friendly work environment with cool working hours
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 16, 2015
On a daily basis my job was, working with community Mentors, Staff and Leaders. I learned a lot about different types of human services and working with people of all cultural background. While enhancing, building and Improving the image of the company and the community.
Pros
Free Lunches and free city bus rides
Cons
Short Breaks
Great
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 17, 2015
Great Organization!! I loved working with the children. Hours are great and the pay is excellent. I loved my partner. Management is also too.
Productive and Serious Environment
Special Needs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2015
I love my current job; it allows me to work with children as well as with the families. I have learned many skills in my six months of being in this position. The hardest part is keeping up with all of the centers that you deal with. (I currently have four and will be receiving two more by the end of the year)
It was a great place to work at and the people were great as well
receptionist (Former Employee) –  detroit,miNovember 21, 2013
I've learned a lot from the people I was working with in a short period of time. I loved coming into work every morning and seeing their happy faces. A happy face can brighten anybody's day.
Larger social service nonprofit
Budget Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 2, 2013
They help a lot of folks and half the activity was with Head Start programs.
Pros
Large and fairly stable
Cons
Tbd
Great company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 16, 2012
Enjoy every moment of my typical day love the fact that I have the opportunity to help the elderly. My co-workers are terrific they are friendly and easy to get alone with.
Amazing company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 30, 2012
Just an awesome company and co-workers. Great values; to help the people of Detroit!
Great externship
Extern Cook (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 3, 2012
A great way to inter the work force. Great staff alot of community resources and a lot of helpful people