Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

Unexpected layoffs
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2017
Performing health assessments for Medicare members is very enjoyable. The scheduling routes and same day backfilling for no shows are not enjoyable. The focus of the company is on making money, though that is to be expected. I would prefer to be paid mileage rather than pay for a company car. Salary was consistent with other NP positions. The biggest bummer of the job was an unexpected layoff for the entire full time NP staff for my state because the company lost one contract.
Pros
Autonomy, salary
Cons
Scheduling, layoffs
Dissapointment
Management (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Matrix is definetly in the job of sales. I know, i bought all the lies i was fed.
They swear by "integrity", accountability" , "compassion" and" one goal one family". However management takes no accountability for anything,, its all put on MRs and CSEs. Their integrity never exsisted, unless you can find the truth in the lies. Anyone working there knows compassion does not exist the first moment they have an illness.
Now there may be some truth in the one goal one family they just neglect to tell you the first eight months to a year you're just part of the Foster family and maybe pushed out into a new home if you can't fit into their ideology yes mam no mam game. I've seen too many be told they are part of the family to only be gone three days later. And others getting attendance points while being carted off in an ambulance. Yet they claim to be leaders in healthcare.
I guess there is a silver lining in every cloudy situation. At Matrix you will receive decent pay, mediocre food and me a couple good people along the way. If you can work with pneumonia and a full body cast and agree to never disagree with them on anything and this is the place for you.
I'm lucky enough to be in management earning a good salary But looking forward to the near future when I can leave finally find my way out of The Matrix.
Pros
Decent Pay, free food
Cons
Not truthful, short term without conformity
This used to be a great company to work for
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  All over the USAJanuary 15, 2017
I don't think that Matrix is aware that without good nurse practitioners, they have nothing. There is no sharing of the wealth with the people who make the wealth possible. For NP week, we were insulted with a $5 Starbucks gift card that we had to download and print! over the holidays, we received a $15 Amazon gift card. And wait for it..., every NP received a salary cut of 10% with an "incentive" program that if you worked even harder than you have been working, you can come close to making what you are currently making, minus extra 25% tax cut because it is considered a "bonus."
The management and leadership folks are very happy and making bonuses off of the worker bees' production.
The schedules are horrendous. If you have a cancellation, you have to call in and wait for the schedulers to find you a replacement.
There are no extra compensations for any extras that you do.
Can't fault a company for making good business decisions, but share the wealth with the people who are making your wealthy lifestyle possible.
In regards to the company car...Hello!!! you are paying for it! You would make more money if they paid your mileage.
Pros
Meeting great mermbers and impacting their lives through education, Great bunch of educated NP co-workers
Cons
long days and nights finishing work, poor tablets, poor appreciation of NPs, frequent management turnarounds, constantly changing rules and job description, unfair compensation rules
Productive Company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Great Benefits
Supportive Management
Hardest Part of Job is Driving
Most Enjoyable Part of Job is Work Hour Flexibility and Having Adequate Time to Spend With Patients
Don't waste your time.
Member Relations (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 14, 2016
It's sad to see a business grow and forget about the culture they began with. Being with the company for over 2 years, I have learned a lot of how a company can really lose focus on their employees. Starting out working with great people, now faces are no longer familiar. When people are getting hired every other week, and also people leaving every few weeks, goes to show what the company has become. It's no longer making employees happy. It's now strictly numbers. And this company will do what it takes to meet those numbers, even if that means getting a bad rating for being an overall bad employer. People here are treated with a lack of respect by management and leadership. Leadership who are supposed to act like leaders and be a role model to who they oversee. The attitudes and arrogance that these individuals show is beyond me and I'm not sure how half of these people are still in the position they're in. Just a fair warning to job seekers. If you're looking for a just a pay check, and to be just a another slave to this company, this is for you. If you're looking for a career, don't bother. If you don't know the right people here, don't expect to get anywhere.
terrible and mismanage company to work
Flex NP (Former Employee) –  South and Mid New JerseyDecember 11, 2016
the organizational mngt of this company is extremely lousy and terrible.. clinical managers turnover is almost quarterly and scheduling rules changes every month, tit for tat for flex and manager and scheduling dept.. micromanagement is the philosophy of this company, and QA people actuation and narcissistic personalities and dealing with clinicians are no good... scheduling wants you to see one or two members that are 75miles from your home, as if the company pay top dollars..NP has tons of adjunct clinical work baggage to do for little amount of per diem rate.. worst place to work
Pros
regular email updates
Cons
routing schedule is all over the place
Perfect for entry level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 24, 2016
This position is wonderful for someone looking for entry level customer service and call center experience. Only downfall is the compensation for work done and the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great people to work with, excellent training program and employee appreciation
Cons
short lunch, compensation, ablity to move forward and bonus structure
Long hours. Money focused .
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 23, 2016
I've been in nursing for over 15 years. The recruiter was excellent at selling the NP position but it really was too good to be true! The number of pts required to see in a day increased twice within a year but pay did not. If a patient cancelled appointment, you have to try and "find" patients to see that day to make up for it that day or on a Saturday. They are more worried about the numbers than the actual patients which is disgusting!
Management is terrible! They make you feel like you are a nursing student and not the Advanced healthcare provider that you worked so hard to achieve!!!
I felt like I had no home life because of the long hours of travel followed by the documentation that needed to be completed that night even after arriving home after working in the road for 8-9 hours!!!
Pros
Cons
No home/work balance. Poor management.
Productive Billing and accounts receivable environment
Billing and Client Delivery (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2016
I am able to work on my own with just a few guidance from my peers. I enjoy working with my coworkers. We are a tight neat environment and are always working and comminicating together as a team to figure out issues that may arise within our work area. We have weekly meetings with management talking about new policy and procedures that come up and give our feedback and ideas. Ask questions and give suggestions. Discuss billing and collections.
Coming to work knowing my job is secure and knowing i am part of an organization that is making a difference for our medicare advantage members and clients.
The hardest part of my job is always the End of the Year. When our previous year assessments have to be completed and Billed.
Pros
Monthly meetings at Restaurants, Instant comminication through jabber to coworkers and peers, Celebrate Monthly birthdays for employees, Holiday events, games and prizes. Company gets to participate in Pat Tillman Walk, Give back to community by participating in Christmas Angel Tree, etc
Cons
Work commute is longer, Medical Benefits are high for my family
Do NOT work for this company!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 16, 2016
I have worked as a NP for this company for 5 years. It has become a terrible place to work. No respect for NPs. Scheduling/routing is awful. Don't expect your supervisor to help you either. You need to have a "shut up and do what you are told" attitude. I have been part-time, full-time and flex over this time. These are the 3rd owners and their goal is to make as much money from your work as they can. If this is the only job you can get, get into a different line of work.
Pros
The per visit rate is good
Cons
Management on ALL levels stink
Provider Credentialer
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2017
Great company but I felt I did not have the resources to learn my job. The company was very good to me when hiring and the credentialing department management was fantastic. The supervisor and department manager did everything they could to help me learn but never having don provider enrollment I was lost. They are fair and most helpfjl in all ways.
Pros
Great to their employees
Cons
Not enough resources to learn the job
horrible company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2016
if you want to be micromanaged to death then this corp is for you. if you are a seasoned professional I would advise you to stay away from this company. management has no respect for you, you will get treated like a number. management also has no clue on how to run the program and the patient population it is dealing with. there is no support from the back-end office staff.
Pros
none, company supplied car is not free. money taken out of paycheck
Cons
poor management, treat NP's as numbers, not as professionals.
USED to be a good company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2016
Been with the company for 4 years. I'm always doing extra, going out of my way. My quality is always in the highest percentile. The last year has been awful. The schedulers do what they want, and nothing is done about it. Management has been terrible. It's all a popularity contest, or who will be a "yes man." Co-workers are all complaining about the same thing. No one listens. They actually gave everyone a 10K pay cut! Hardest part of the job is dealing with the schedulers, and having thick skin when you realize just how little you mean to management. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the patients that are actually happy to have you in their home.
Pros
Company car, some flexibility
Cons
Being unappreciated, and terrible management
Job Interview
applicant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2017
In person interviewers were unprofessional and completely unprepared. On of the interviewers painted the company as just a place to collect a paycheck. Very enticing. It was a complete waste of my time. I think this place needs an overhaul of it's internal teams. If you've been there over 3 years, maybe it's time to go collect a paycheck somewhere else.
Pros
New people are very nice and positive
Cons
Those with the company over 3 years seem quite soured.
Great place to work. Cares about employees.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day at work involved visiting 7 patients in their homes completing the annual comprehensive health assessment for Medicare Advantage patients. Each assessment took about an hour but in some instances less (people on no medications and no medical history) to two hours for complex patients with multiple medications and medical history. On occasion would come upon a member in distress with respiratory or cardiac issues and would triage patient, call their PCP for directions. Either sent to PCP office or hospital depending on PCP recommendations. I learned how to improve my listening skills. I improved my ability to educate members on their medications and/or disease processes. Management worked hard to help you succeed. Hardly had contact with co-workers. Most of co-workers seemed to leave out parts of the assessment to get all 7 patients in for the day. I had a difficult time doing this. I was very thorough. The hardest part of the job was to manage my time for 7 patients on daily basis. When we were doing five a day, it was much more manageable. Since driving from one home to another there could be 30 to 45 minutes from one site to the next so seeing 7 people a day made for very long days. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients and educating them on their disease processes, medications, providing resources. I loved working with the patients.
Pros
Company vehicle, reimbursement for hotel expenses, food, etc
Cons
Originally saw 5 patients a day which was manageable. Went to 7 a day which became unmanageable.
Matrix is a very stressful place to work due to all the rules they have.
HCC Coder/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2015
Typical day was pretty quiet.

I learned a lot for complete code capture and coding rules.

Immediate managers were awesome, but upper management could be demeaning and belittling. Nothing you did to improve was good enough.

Coworkers were good.

The most difficult part of this job were all the rules. You could be written up or receive an "occurance" if you called in sick or had an emergency, even if proven.

Seemed as though if you reached a great place in accuracy and productivity, they would raise the bar so you could never reach the top.

Anyone I know who have worked at Matrix was very unhappy there.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
too many rules and ways to be written up. no way to succeed here.
Stay away from Matrix . It's all about the money.
Nurse practitioner provider (Former Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAApril 2, 2016
I was hired as a "flex" provider. I have a full time office practice that is 50 + hours a week. I wanted 14 visits a month, but not good enough for Matrix. They insisted on 20, which means I would have to work at least 8 hours EVERY SATURDAY. They could not even give me the number I was available for then blammed me for not being more available. The first three months of 2016 I was only assigned seven visits!

The documentation requirements were constantly changing with what they called" Education Updates". Then you were threatened for not having 90-100 % compliance with being fired. For Matrix it's all about the money.

The unprofessional manager would send out a letter to the entire team to "recognize " those who achieved 90-100 %. Even though I was recognized it was embarrassing. Professionals do not need "gold stars" for their work , like grade school children. The clinical manager was condescending.
Cons
Condescending Clinical Management
Excellent flex job
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 29, 2016
I have been with this company for approximately 2 1/2 yrs. in the beginning I had a full time job and I only filled in when I could. I never felt pressure to see more. They would ask but you just say no if need be. I now see 30 patients a week for them. I love every minute. As I am a very detailed person the charting isn't an issue for me. I am well compensated for my time. I will work for matrix until they no longer have visits for me. First few months of year are slow but last six very busy. Adjust my lifestyle accordingly. Being flex is key.
Pros
Flexible great money love the members
Cons
Very tight schedule. Uncertainty with future work
very focused on productivity
Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 12, 2016
busy, long days, learned very much
management was weak in areas
great team members
hardest part of job is going into homes that maybe questionable
enjoyable part is autonomy
Pros
company vehicle for NPs, paycheck deduction
Cons
high NP turnover, NP layoffs
No respect for NPs No stability Frequent layoffs
EMPLOYMENT - FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2016
Very poor working environment. No work life balance. Long days due to high quality demands for documentation and long drive times during the day. Poorly working tablet and EMR with little IT support. Expected to work weekends to make up for member cancelled visits.
Pros
Cons
long work days, no work life balance, disrespect for NPs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Medical Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4