Matrix Medical Network

Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

Good
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Hampton Roads, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: job security
This is a great company to work for. However, their work is based off of obtaining contracts from quarter to quarter.The company provided car is a great benefit.
Really Great Place to Work
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Largo FLJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Matrix. There are lots of opportunities to grow and learn. The people you work with are great. It is a high paced environment with lots of change to procedures but management keep you abreast to changes with training and by
email.

This position takes lots of concentration, multitasking and an eye for detail as we are sending Nurse Practitioners to patients' homes. Routes have to be optimized and addresses accurate. You have to convince patients that they need this visit and be flexible with their personal schedules as well as the Nurse Practitioners'.

Overall Matrix is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone will to take the challenge.
excellent management and support.
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent support staff, equipement, clinical support, supplies, salary and benefits. Wonderful position
Cons: Difficult for me due to travel schedule and family
The training was complete and outstanding. Well above average management both clinical and operations. Excellent triage and communication. Exceptional business structure with both a solid foundation and plans for expansion to continue to excel in the current medical arena.
Senior Member Relation Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 29, 2015
• Contact Medicare Advantage member’s that eligible for an in-home visit with a Licensed Nurse Practitioners. Which includes scheduling a solid visit, and resulting in a Nurse Practitioner going in the home to see members or family that have Power of Attorney. The health assessment is non-invasive, and provide members with beneficial resources in their community.
• New employees will y-cord for training purposes throughout the day, and is shown different soft sales approach such as rapport building, voice fluctuation, product knowledge, rebuttals and conversations.
• Promoted to Member Relations Coordinator for consistently maintaining Contact Center Goals.
Poor management, mediocre benefits, overall punitive work environment.
AR Specualist (Former Employee), Scottsdale AZMay 7, 2015
Pros: good holiday lunch
Cons: harassed by management, punitive rules and management
I wanted to quit after 1 week on the job, but I needed to work so I stayed. my immediate manager was a complete micro manager, and the training was subpar. I felt harassed most of the time and was written up more than once for minor attendance infractions, including visit to the ER. there was constant change and how things were done because the department manager was trying to position herself for better things, without thinking things through and it impacted the department in a negative way. My direct supervisor was completely incompetent and not qualified for the job that she was doing. its all about who likes you and who doesn't there. Horrible place to work.
It Pays
Nurse Practitioner Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 4, 2015
Pros: You got to take lunch and ge away
Cons: Too many bosses and not enough workers
I started with the company when they first moved to Clearwater florida it was great place to work for until they moved around and people got defensive and the work atmosphere become hostile daily so I mad my exit and moved on in life
Horrible management
Clinical Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater FloridaApril 26, 2015
Company is losing clients and the local managers are taking out falling numbers on employees. Your day is a dice roll - if members answer the phone and confirm appointment you are a rock star. If they don't answer or cancel you are verbally abused by your "leader".

What I have learned is that what I was promised when I took this job has not been delivered I was promised 10 plus hours overtime (what I wasn't told was that is only a few months at the end of the year).

The trainer is not at all professional.

God forbid you open your mouth and ask questions. If you take this job you better learn to be a bobble head . . . keep your mouth shut and smile (until you find another job).
Excellent work environment
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Traveling into patient's homes
Cons: None
Matrix provided me with an exciting career, traveling into patient's home to perform complete risk assessments. I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to work closer with patients through in depth in home assessments. The Matrix management is very enthusiastic. Everyone aims to be positive and encouraging.
Pitiful management, dishonest, care only about money
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), PAApril 11, 2015
Pros: gas card and vehicle
Cons: numerous
When I was hired, I was told I would spend and hour in the member's home....I drive 120 miles round trip and now have to do labs, medications reviews, doctors name, phone number and address, call the doctor, chart perfectly, correct chart returns for things as simple as putting PRN instead of as needed.They will tell you it is an 8 hours a day job but I eat, sleep and drink Matrix---Constantly changing, constant emails,constant computer updates that change the whole system,slow computer, crashing computer, every 3 months have to drive to quarterly meeting that is 2 to 3 hours away and still see patients that day....Manager never follows through or follows up on any questions or concerns...Any questions is taken as "negativity"....Sweat shop....Constant learning modules, the last ones took 3 hours to complete.Sad thing....this could be a great thing for our valued elderly people, but Matrix loves money more than people and that is a fact
Matrix is a very stressful place to work due to all the rules they have.
HCC Coder/Auditor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2015
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: too many rules and ways to be written up. no way to succeed here.
Typical day was pretty quiet.

I learned a lot for complete code capture and coding rules.

Immediate managers were awesome, but upper management could be demeaning and belittling. Nothing you did to improve was good enough.

Coworkers were good.

The most difficult part of this job were all the rules. You could be written up or receive an "occurance" if you called in sick or had an emergency, even if proven.

Seemed as though if you reached a great place in accuracy and productivity, they would raise the bar so you could never reach the top.

Anyone I know who have worked at Matrix was very unhappy there.
good place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 7, 2015
Cons: continuing work at home after working an 8 hr day on the field
typical day includes visiting members in their home and prforming health assessments, education, assistance in medication management,referring as indicated. typically 5 to 6 visits per day
excessive mileage which was well above what was agreed upon when hired
Family Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Operations (Former Employee), Merrill, WIMarch 10, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: poor communication
Management very unprofessional. Co workers are great to work with.

Enjoyed helping the members that I served.

The organization pretends that it cares about the employees but they really do not.

The regional director was very toxic.
Fast pace environment
Manager Medical Records Fulfillment (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2015
Constant change makes the environment exciting and engaging! New products and services will bring the organization to the forefront of the healthcare industry.
Toxic people
Anonymous (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lunch
Cons: no room for growth or using your mind
Typical LM sets you up to fail
New product in-house,LM delegates, hides in office
Nepotism does not work
LM hired staff she used to work with;one stated "she is not a manager"; LM with no planning skills; comes to you the day she
wants something done...
Saw no work products from LM; she tells the protected few when
policy changes and does not inform others on the team.

Licensed in-house staff person fell asleep at her desk due to pain meds.
Other staff with food disorders and alchohol issues.
LM delegates all to subordinate
LM targets people she doesn't like

Need licensed staff random drug testing, but doubt it will be implemented because Executive level staff very obviously a
heavy drinker.

Backstabbing and undermining is the general theme.
LM is not open to new ideas and made up her evaluation of
employees based on metrics she never attained herself.
this company just went public. they are a fraud! they provide falsified info to the medicare advantage members.. they claim it is licenced nurse pract
member coord (Former Employee), clearwater flDecember 19, 2014
Pros: will give bonus w price attached
Cons: free food means weight gain, lots of ill employees. poor management and hr
This company is on their way to doomsday. Upper management depends on a director and a hr employee that are screwing employees that question their thieving ways. Members are xomplaining that its harrassment and feel threatend that if they dont make appt will lose their privledges. This company is sick as is upper and lower management. Buyer beware. Xlients be very awRe
Productive , fun , competitive , exciting
Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLDecember 5, 2014
Basically a day a work would consist of a meeting in the morning due to the company implementing new things day by day, as well as calling existing members on medical insurance companies such as Aetna , blucross blue shield , humana, providence etc and setting up appointments to schedule a nurse practitioner to their home to then conduct a annual health assessment on them so that way they can stay healthy and be an extra set of eyes and ears for them.
Fun & productive team.
Clinical Staffing Coordinator I (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: staff is like family.
Cons: relocated to the east coast.
Room for advancement. Learned many new things regarding Clinical Staffing.
This is a VERY stressful place to work.
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2014
Pros: there are not any pros, maybe, except for poor insurance.
Cons: in-experienced staff.
The staff at Matrix is young and in-experienced. The field staff are supposed to be LPN, instead, they are nurses assistants. This makes it difficult as a coder, to assign diagnosis, as they are not trained.

Matrix is constantly changing their P and P on assigned codes.
Great money for the work, but very little work and was let go
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee), WAJuly 20, 2014
Pros: good money and flexible schedule
Cons: poor communication with employees
I started with Matrix in August of 2013 as a "Flex Provider" doing home assessments on Medicare Advantage members. It was perfect as I could tell them how many patients I wanted to see on a given day, and what days I wanted to work. Because it was a flex position, no benefits came with it and taxes were paid be me, as a contractor. All was great until January 1st, 2014, when the work STOPPED. Not just for me, but for all the flex providers in my state. There was no warning of this. Finally in mid July after not working one day in 2014, I got the call saying they were letting me and all the NPs in WA state, go.
In the meantime, I was reading emails, and staying up to date on education, without getting paid for any of it.
Senior Medicare Advantage Home Health Assessments
Member Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: team of great people, medicare home health assessments worthwhile to present to seniors
Cons: metrics of position, evaluation processes, and lack of access to availability of nurses
Outbound call center managing Medicare Home Health Assessments. Speaking to Seniors all over the country to send nurses to their homes through their Medicare Advantage Plans.

Numbers of Assessments booked per day was too high, disconnected numbers, no answers, answering machines, lines to nowhere, makes it very difficult to fill requirements of position.

Quality Assessments difficult when script for each Insurance company changes constantly. Slows the process of being an effective Member Resolution Coordinator.

Training is good, Rewards are great especially for some who receive rewards consistently. Corp Leadership was great until they moved the most important and motivating member to corporate offices and the working environment changed.

1 2 3