Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

Good Company
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 30, 2015
The company is very solid and committed to saving lives. The growth is not there learning materials and training is not available
Pros
Goal Lunches
Cons
Advancement
great learning experience
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2015
Excellent place to work as a practitioner. I am not happy with all the driving. Members are interesting and it is a pleasure to meet new people.
Productive and always seeking innovative ways to improve
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 16, 2015
Fun work environment with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with various departments with the focus being the creation of a positive customer experience.

If you enjoy a company that is continuously changing, this is the company for you.

The potential to attain monthly bonus is a plus
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Bonus Potential, Company Activities
Cons
The potential to grow.
Very productive
Certified Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 4, 2015
Work 20 hours/3 days a week providing Primary/Urgent/Occupational care in a factory setting. Additionally, complete 15-20 home health risk assessments for medicare/privately insured Members' within a home or facility setting.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility and autonomy
Cons
Long days
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Senior Member Relationship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Member Engagement to facilitate scheduling of much needed comprehensive In-Home Annual Health Assessment.

Interactions with many other positive minded co-workers.
Pros
Growing Company
Team Work
House Call Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2015
Excellent place to work; had many great team players. Benefits were excellent, which included transportation. Also made every attempt to educate their Nurse Practitioners on what was expected.
The hardest part of the job was finding the time do quality work with each client, while satisfying company requirements of time, quality, consistency.
Pros
Provided transportation
Cons
Short time for breaks and lunch.
Great Company
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 22, 2015
Very great company to work for. Flexible schedules. Great pay. Team environment. Highly recommend. Currently hiring in several locations.
Pros
Flexibility
nice place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  clearwater, flJuly 14, 2015
Supportive management willing to help to achieve job goals and give you the needed job training skills. It is bout numbers and team work
o.k. cuture
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 13, 2015
I've learn a tremendous amount of health and medical process. It's great to understand claims processing. The personal information the insurance company have on each individual can be frightening if it gets into the wrong hands.
Good
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJune 27, 2015
This is a great company to work for. However, their work is based off of obtaining contracts from quarter to quarter.The company provided car is a great benefit.
Pros
travel
Cons
job security
Really Great Place to Work
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo FLJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Matrix. There are lots of opportunities to grow and learn. The people you work with are great. It is a high paced environment with lots of change to procedures but management keep you abreast to changes with training and by
email.

This position takes lots of concentration, multitasking and an eye for detail as we are sending Nurse Practitioners to patients' homes. Routes have to be optimized and addresses accurate. You have to convince patients that they need this visit and be flexible with their personal schedules as well as the Nurse Practitioners'.

Overall Matrix is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone will to take the challenge.
excellent management and support.
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 2, 2015
The training was complete and outstanding. Well above average management both clinical and operations. Excellent triage and communication. Exceptional business structure with both a solid foundation and plans for expansion to continue to excel in the current medical arena.
Pros
Excellent support staff, equipement, clinical support, supplies, salary and benefits. Wonderful position
Cons
Difficult for me due to travel schedule and family
Senior Member Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 29, 2015
• Contact Medicare Advantage member’s that eligible for an in-home visit with a Licensed Nurse Practitioners. Which includes scheduling a solid visit, and resulting in a Nurse Practitioner going in the home to see members or family that have Power of Attorney. The health assessment is non-invasive, and provide members with beneficial resources in their community.
• New employees will y-cord for training purposes throughout the day, and is shown different soft sales approach such as rapport building, voice fluctuation, product knowledge, rebuttals and conversations.
• Promoted to Member Relations Coordinator for consistently maintaining Contact Center Goals.
Poor management, mediocre benefits, overall punitive work environment.
AR Specualist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZMay 7, 2015
I wanted to quit after 1 week on the job, but I needed to work so I stayed. my immediate manager was a complete micro manager, and the training was subpar. I felt harassed most of the time and was written up more than once for minor attendance infractions, including visit to the ER. there was constant change and how things were done because the department manager was trying to position herself for better things, without thinking things through and it impacted the department in a negative way. My direct supervisor was completely incompetent and not qualified for the job that she was doing. its all about who likes you and who doesn't there. Horrible place to work.
Pros
good holiday lunch
Cons
harassed by management, punitive rules and management
It Pays
Nurse Practitioner Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 4, 2015
I started with the company when they first moved to Clearwater florida it was great place to work for until they moved around and people got defensive and the work atmosphere become hostile daily so I mad my exit and moved on in life
Pros
You got to take lunch and ge away
Cons
Too many bosses and not enough workers
Excellent work environment
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 13, 2015
Matrix provided me with an exciting career, traveling into patient's home to perform complete risk assessments. I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to work closer with patients through in depth in home assessments. The Matrix management is very enthusiastic. Everyone aims to be positive and encouraging.
Pros
Traveling into patient's homes
Cons
Pitiful management, dishonest, care only about money
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  PAApril 11, 2015
When I was hired, I was told I would spend and hour in the member's home....I drive 120 miles round trip and now have to do labs, medications reviews, doctors name, phone number and address, call the doctor, chart perfectly, correct chart returns for things as simple as putting PRN instead of as needed.They will tell you it is an 8 hours a day job but I eat, sleep and drink Matrix---Constantly changing, constant emails,constant computer updates that change the whole system,slow computer, crashing computer, every 3 months have to drive to quarterly meeting that is 2 to 3 hours away and still see patients that day....Manager never follows through or follows up on any questions or concerns...Any questions is taken as "negativity"....Sweat shop....Constant learning modules, the last ones took 3 hours to complete.Sad thing....this could be a great thing for our valued elderly people, but Matrix loves money more than people and that is a fact
Pros
gas card and vehicle
Cons
numerous
Matrix is a very stressful place to work due to all the rules they have.
HCC Coder/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2015
Typical day was pretty quiet.

I learned a lot for complete code capture and coding rules.

Immediate managers were awesome, but upper management could be demeaning and belittling. Nothing you did to improve was good enough.

Coworkers were good.

The most difficult part of this job were all the rules. You could be written up or receive an "occurance" if you called in sick or had an emergency, even if proven.

Seemed as though if you reached a great place in accuracy and productivity, they would raise the bar so you could never reach the top.

Anyone I know who have worked at Matrix was very unhappy there.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
too many rules and ways to be written up. no way to succeed here.
good place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 7, 2015
typical day includes visiting members in their home and prforming health assessments, education, assistance in medication management,referring as indicated. typically 5 to 6 visits per day
Cons
continuing work at home after working an 8 hr day on the field
excessive mileage which was well above what was agreed upon when hired
Family Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Merrill, WIMarch 10, 2015
Management very unprofessional. Co workers are great to work with.

Enjoyed helping the members that I served.

The organization pretends that it cares about the employees but they really do not.

The regional director was very toxic.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor communication