Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

Productive Place to work
Member Relations- Inbound Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLAugust 12, 2017
Management was great and helpful
The hardest part of the job was the structure and expectations.
Had to follow a schedule , when to take your break ,lunches etc.
Pros
incentives
Cons
high expectations
No work life balance!
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 3, 2017
A typical day would include excessive driving between scheduled visits. Sometimes neighborhoods were okay, sometimes terrifying. Spend the day running from visit to visit to stay within scheduled times with the members with no time to chart after each visit. Forget a lunch break or bathroom break. Management preached that we should have plenty of time to chart after each visit if we worked efficiently, believe me I worked very efficiently and still had no time to chart immediately after a visit. So my evenings would be spent charting on all my visits from that day and correcting any reworks that were sent back to me. Also, the monthly meetings with regional management were always in the evenings as well. A typical day was 12-13 hours Monday-Friday.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great company values and mission
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 2, 2017
Matrix is a great company and I am pleased to have the opportunity to work here. I am impressed with the values, mission and commitment that are embraced and practiced with all at Matrix. The passion for helping to make a difference and educate makes my job so rewarding. My management clearly communicates and keeps me well informed so that I can perform my job, the direction that the company is moving and any new processes or procedures that are being implemented.
Okay
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2017
Local Management was supportive, upper management was all about the numbers and productivity. Schedule was made by person in Florida, (3200miles) with frustration in scheduling clients in Portland, OR when Scheduler feels they know the routes better than the local NP. Needed to complete days work at home on the computer, as not enough time in between clients.
Pros
Independent
Cons
Work/life balance
Good company with good values
Quality Assurance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 24, 2017
Every day presented fun and challenging tasks. Providing excellent employee service, training, coaching and quality assurance was the main goal of every work day. Management offered many options for self growth. The work place environment was always supportive and fun. The most difficult part of the job was taking time from assisting employees to attend meetings that could have ultimately been sent in an email. The best part of the day was seeing someone succeed after assisting them in something that was challenging for them.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Overhead restructuring
Challenging and Learning Environment
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2017
The Team in which I worked with in Matrix Medical Network was dynamic and challenging. I really like the challenges provided to us, solving and learning from them provided greater confidence.
No work life balance or respect for professionalism of the Nurse practitioners
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 28, 2017
I wouldn't work there again nor can I recommend it. The hours are excessive. The driving distances increase regularly. Increase in productivity. Result 12 hr days.
Pros
nothing
Cons
reduction in salary. Increase in driving distances and number of clients a day.
Job Interview
applicant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2017
In person interviewers were unprofessional and completely unprepared. On of the interviewers painted the company as just a place to collect a paycheck. Very enticing. It was a complete waste of my time. I think this place needs an overhaul of it's internal teams. If you've been there over 3 years, maybe it's time to go collect a paycheck somewhere else.
Pros
New people are very nice and positive
Cons
Those with the company over 3 years seem quite soured.
Unexpected layoffs
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 18, 2017
Performing health assessments for Medicare members is very enjoyable. The scheduling routes and same day backfilling for no shows are not enjoyable. The focus of the company is on making money, though that is to be expected. I would prefer to be paid mileage rather than pay for a company car. Salary was consistent with other NP positions. The biggest bummer of the job was an unexpected layoff for the entire full time NP staff for my state because the company lost one contract.
Pros
Autonomy, salary
Cons
Scheduling, layoffs
Provider Credentialer
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2017
Great company but I felt I did not have the resources to learn my job. The company was very good to me when hiring and the credentialing department management was fantastic. The supervisor and department manager did everything they could to help me learn but never having don provider enrollment I was lost. They are fair and most helpfjl in all ways.
Pros
Great to their employees
Cons
Not enough resources to learn the job
Productive Company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 15, 2017
Great Benefits
Supportive Management
Hardest Part of Job is Driving
Most Enjoyable Part of Job is Work Hour Flexibility and Having Adequate Time to Spend With Patients
This used to be a great company to work for
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  All over the USAJanuary 15, 2017
I don't think that Matrix is aware that without good nurse practitioners, they have nothing. There is no sharing of the wealth with the people who make the wealth possible. For NP week, we were insulted with a $5 Starbucks gift card that we had to download and print! over the holidays, we received a $15 Amazon gift card. And wait for it..., every NP received a salary cut of 10% with an "incentive" program that if you worked even harder than you have been working, you can come close to making what you are currently making, minus extra 25% tax cut because it is considered a "bonus."
The management and leadership folks are very happy and making bonuses off of the worker bees' production.
The schedules are horrendous. If you have a cancellation, you have to call in and wait for the schedulers to find you a replacement.
There are no extra compensations for any extras that you do.
Can't fault a company for making good business decisions, but share the wealth with the people who are making your wealthy lifestyle possible.
In regards to the company car...Hello!!! you are paying for it! You would make more money if they paid your mileage.
Pros
Meeting great mermbers and impacting their lives through education, Great bunch of educated NP co-workers
Cons
long days and nights finishing work, poor tablets, poor appreciation of NPs, frequent management turnarounds, constantly changing rules and job description, unfair compensation rules
Great place to work. Cares about employees.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day at work involved visiting 7 patients in their homes completing the annual comprehensive health assessment for Medicare Advantage patients. Each assessment took about an hour but in some instances less (people on no medications and no medical history) to two hours for complex patients with multiple medications and medical history. On occasion would come upon a member in distress with respiratory or cardiac issues and would triage patient, call their PCP for directions. Either sent to PCP office or hospital depending on PCP recommendations. I learned how to improve my listening skills. I improved my ability to educate members on their medications and/or disease processes. Management worked hard to help you succeed. Hardly had contact with co-workers. Most of co-workers seemed to leave out parts of the assessment to get all 7 patients in for the day. I had a difficult time doing this. I was very thorough. The hardest part of the job was to manage my time for 7 patients on daily basis. When we were doing five a day, it was much more manageable. Since driving from one home to another there could be 30 to 45 minutes from one site to the next so seeing 7 people a day made for very long days. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients and educating them on their disease processes, medications, providing resources. I loved working with the patients.
Pros
Company vehicle, reimbursement for hotel expenses, food, etc
Cons
Originally saw 5 patients a day which was manageable. Went to 7 a day which became unmanageable.
Dissapointment
Management (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 8, 2017
Matrix is definetly in the job of sales. I know, i bought all the lies i was fed.
They swear by "integrity", accountability" , "compassion" and" one goal one family". However management takes no accountability for anything,, its all put on MRs and CSEs. Their integrity never exsisted, unless you can find the truth in the lies. Anyone working there knows compassion does not exist the first moment they have an illness.
Now there may be some truth in the one goal one family they just neglect to tell you the first eight months to a year you're just part of the Foster family and maybe pushed out into a new home if you can't fit into their ideology yes mam no mam game. I've seen too many be told they are part of the family to only be gone three days later. And others getting attendance points while being carted off in an ambulance. Yet they claim to be leaders in healthcare.
I guess there is a silver lining in every cloudy situation. At Matrix you will receive decent pay, mediocre food and me a couple good people along the way. If you can work with pneumonia and a full body cast and agree to never disagree with them on anything and this is the place for you.
I'm lucky enough to be in management earning a good salary But looking forward to the near future when I can leave finally find my way out of The Matrix.
Pros
Decent Pay, free food
Cons
Not truthful, short term without conformity
Do NOT work for this company!
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 16, 2016
I have worked as a NP for this company for 5 years. It has become a terrible place to work. No respect for NPs. Scheduling/routing is awful. Don't expect your supervisor to help you either. You need to have a "shut up and do what you are told" attitude. I have been part-time, full-time and flex over this time. These are the 3rd owners and their goal is to make as much money from your work as they can. If this is the only job you can get, get into a different line of work.
Pros
The per visit rate is good
Cons
Management on ALL levels stink
terrible and mismanage company to work
Flex NP (Former Employee) –  South and Mid New JerseyDecember 11, 2016
the organizational mngt of this company is extremely lousy and terrible.. clinical managers turnover is almost quarterly and scheduling rules changes every month, tit for tat for flex and manager and scheduling dept.. micromanagement is the philosophy of this company, and QA people actuation and narcissistic personalities and dealing with clinicians are no good... scheduling wants you to see one or two members that are 75miles from your home, as if the company pay top dollars..NP has tons of adjunct clinical work baggage to do for little amount of per diem rate.. worst place to work
Pros
regular email updates
Cons
routing schedule is all over the place
Don't waste your time.
Member Relations (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLNovember 14, 2016
It's sad to see a business grow and forget about the culture they began with. Being with the company for over 2 years, I have learned a lot of how a company can really lose focus on their employees. Starting out working with great people, now faces are no longer familiar. When people are getting hired every other week, and also people leaving every few weeks, goes to show what the company has become. It's no longer making employees happy. It's now strictly numbers. And this company will do what it takes to meet those numbers, even if that means getting a bad rating for being an overall bad employer. People here are treated with a lack of respect by management and leadership. Leadership who are supposed to act like leaders and be a role model to who they oversee. The attitudes and arrogance that these individuals show is beyond me and I'm not sure how half of these people are still in the position they're in. Just a fair warning to job seekers. If you're looking for a just a pay check, and to be just a another slave to this company, this is for you. If you're looking for a career, don't bother. If you don't know the right people here, don't expect to get anywhere.
horrible company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 13, 2016
if you want to be micromanaged to death then this corp is for you. if you are a seasoned professional I would advise you to stay away from this company. management has no respect for you, you will get treated like a number. management also has no clue on how to run the program and the patient population it is dealing with. there is no support from the back-end office staff.
Pros
none, company supplied car is not free. money taken out of paycheck
Cons
poor management, treat NP's as numbers, not as professionals.
Productive workplace. Members were shown appreciation with Rewards an Recognition monthly
Member Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLOctober 19, 2016
Matrix Medical is designed to help members primarily the elderly to live a healthier lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was successfully scheduling consecutive appointments for members.
Excellent!!
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 30, 2016
Great place to work. Management is wonderful! You have flexible scheduling. The job is very rewarding as there is always positive feedback for each visit.