Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

USED to be a good company
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 15, 2016
Been with the company for 4 years. I'm always doing extra, going out of my way. My quality is always in the highest percentile. The last year has been awful. The schedulers do what they want, and nothing is done about it. Management has been terrible. It's all a popularity contest, or who will be a "yes man." Co-workers are all complaining about the same thing. No one listens. They actually gave everyone a 10K pay cut! Hardest part of the job is dealing with the schedulers, and having thick skin when you realize just how little you mean to management. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking with the patients that are actually happy to have you in their home.
Pros
Company car, some flexibility
Cons
Being unappreciated, and terrible management
very focused on productivity
Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 12, 2016
busy, long days, learned very much
management was weak in areas
great team members
hardest part of job is going into homes that maybe questionable
enjoyable part is autonomy
Pros
company vehicle for NPs, paycheck deduction
Cons
high NP turnover, NP layoffs
Good and Challenging Place to work.
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2016
There has been constant requirement for need functionalities in the project. I have learned to develop the modules of the project at faster speed. The team in which i worked had a diversified view for the problems, which helped me to think in different perspective to resolve any technical problem.
Excellent pay/benefits - for a reason
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 31, 2016
Inconsistent reviews of assessments by coders which directly influences provider ratings/pay. Long days and travel distances that are inconsistent with overall policies. Note that inconsistency is the key word for this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Opportunity to work with several great leaders.
Operations (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 1, 2016
Enjoyed the time working at Matrix Medical Network. The Providence Services purchase impacted operational aspects of the organization.
Excellent flex job
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 29, 2016
I have been with this company for approximately 2 1/2 yrs. in the beginning I had a full time job and I only filled in when I could. I never felt pressure to see more. They would ask but you just say no if need be. I now see 30 patients a week for them. I love every minute. As I am a very detailed person the charting isn't an issue for me. I am well compensated for my time. I will work for matrix until they no longer have visits for me. First few months of year are slow but last six very busy. Adjust my lifestyle accordingly. Being flex is key.
Pros
Flexible great money love the members
Cons
Very tight schedule. Uncertainty with future work
Challenging but rewarding position.
NP (Current Employee) –  New York State travelerJuly 26, 2016
Flexibility in scheduling hours. Encourages autonomy. Patient education is emphasized and the most rewarding aspect of the position. Travel is the hardest part; there is limited time to spend with family and friends.
Long hours. Money focused .
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 23, 2016
I've been in nursing for over 15 years. The recruiter was excellent at selling the NP position but it really was too good to be true! The number of pts required to see in a day increased twice within a year but pay did not. If a patient cancelled appointment, you have to try and "find" patients to see that day to make up for it that day or on a Saturday. They are more worried about the numbers than the actual patients which is disgusting!
Management is terrible! They make you feel like you are a nursing student and not the Advanced healthcare provider that you worked so hard to achieve!!!
I felt like I had no home life because of the long hours of travel followed by the documentation that needed to be completed that night even after arriving home after working in the road for 8-9 hours!!!
Pros
Cons
No home/work balance. Poor management.
No respect for NPs No stability Frequent layoffs
EMPLOYMENT - FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 8, 2016
Very poor working environment. No work life balance. Long days due to high quality demands for documentation and long drive times during the day. Poorly working tablet and EMR with little IT support. Expected to work weekends to make up for member cancelled visits.
Pros
Cons
long work days, no work life balance, disrespect for NPs
Perfect for entry level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 24, 2016
This position is wonderful for someone looking for entry level customer service and call center experience. Only downfall is the compensation for work done and the opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Great people to work with, excellent training program and employee appreciation
Cons
short lunch, compensation, ablity to move forward and bonus structure
see below
naf98ep9 (Former Employee) –  kjpf8hMay 10, 2016
Nice people but paperwork and onboarding was amazingly time consuming for part time position
If have full time employment it is difficult to fulfill the paperwork required and timeline presented
Changing lives, daily!
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 5, 2016
Matrix Medical is a fast growing medical network offering in-home health care nationwide through our network of skilled nurse practitioners. Our NP's are some of the best in the industry and share success stories of the members' who's lives they have impacted on a weekly basis. Matrix offers a great work environment and the people they hire truly make it one of the reasons I enjoy going to work on a daily basis. I do love working at Matrix Medical and being part of such a dynamic and innovative team!
Stay away from Matrix . It's all about the money.
Nurse practitioner provider (Former Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAApril 2, 2016
I was hired as a "flex" provider. I have a full time office practice that is 50 + hours a week. I wanted 14 visits a month, but not good enough for Matrix. They insisted on 20, which means I would have to work at least 8 hours EVERY SATURDAY. They could not even give me the number I was available for then blammed me for not being more available. The first three months of 2016 I was only assigned seven visits!

The documentation requirements were constantly changing with what they called" Education Updates". Then you were threatened for not having 90-100 % compliance with being fired. For Matrix it's all about the money.

The unprofessional manager would send out a letter to the entire team to "recognize " those who achieved 90-100 %. Even though I was recognized it was embarrassing. Professionals do not need "gold stars" for their work , like grade school children. The clinical manager was condescending.
Cons
Condescending Clinical Management
Unstable Job
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 31, 2016
Avoid this company at all cost. They depend on contract work and reduce their work force with little notice. You will be treated like a trained monkey until they no longer need you.
Pros
Use of vehicle
Cons
Unprofessional management
Productive Billing and accounts receivable environment
Billing and Client Delivery (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2016
I am able to work on my own with just a few guidance from my peers. I enjoy working with my coworkers. We are a tight neat environment and are always working and comminicating together as a team to figure out issues that may arise within our work area. We have weekly meetings with management talking about new policy and procedures that come up and give our feedback and ideas. Ask questions and give suggestions. Discuss billing and collections.
Coming to work knowing my job is secure and knowing i am part of an organization that is making a difference for our medicare advantage members and clients.
The hardest part of my job is always the End of the Year. When our previous year assessments have to be completed and Billed.
Pros
Monthly meetings at Restaurants, Instant comminication through jabber to coworkers and peers, Celebrate Monthly birthdays for employees, Holiday events, games and prizes. Company gets to participate in Pat Tillman Walk, Give back to community by participating in Christmas Angel Tree, etc
Cons
Work commute is longer, Medical Benefits are high for my family
Great place to work. Top Work Place Award
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 21, 2016
Matrix takes working in a call center to the next level. Using current state of art equipment and creating a positive encouraging place to work. The management team looks for ways to assist the call representatives and promote the business in the community.
Pros
Beautiful call center
Cons
Npne notes
Compensation
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2016
Signed a contract which they did not follow. Heads up- on boarding education takes close to 20 hours and they refuse to honor the contract and will let you go if you request more than $400. Very unpleasant experience. Not worth it.
Good Company
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 30, 2015
The company is very solid and committed to saving lives. The growth is not there learning materials and training is not available
Pros
Goal Lunches
Cons
Advancement
great learning experience
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 18, 2015
Excellent place to work as a practitioner. I am not happy with all the driving. Members are interesting and it is a pleasure to meet new people.
Productive and always seeking innovative ways to improve
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 16, 2015
Fun work environment with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with various departments with the focus being the creation of a positive customer experience.

If you enjoy a company that is continuously changing, this is the company for you.

The potential to attain monthly bonus is a plus
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Bonus Potential, Company Activities
Cons
The potential to grow.

2.4