Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

Stay away from Matrix . It's all about the money.
Nurse practitioner provider (Former Employee) –  Cape Cod, MAApril 2, 2016
I was hired as a "flex" provider. I have a full time office practice that is 50 + hours a week. I wanted 14 visits a month, but not good enough for Matrix. They insisted on 20, which means I would have to work at least 8 hours EVERY SATURDAY. They could not even give me the number I was available for then blammed me for not being more available. The first three months of 2016 I was only assigned seven visits!

The documentation requirements were constantly changing with what they called" Education Updates". Then you were threatened for not having 90-100 % compliance with being fired. For Matrix it's all about the money.

The unprofessional manager would send out a letter to the entire team to "recognize " those who achieved 90-100 %. Even though I was recognized it was embarrassing. Professionals do not need "gold stars" for their work , like grade school children. The clinical manager was condescending.
Cons
Condescending Clinical Management
see below
naf98ep9 (Former Employee) –  kjpf8hMay 10, 2016
Nice people but paperwork and onboarding was amazingly time consuming for part time position
If have full time employment it is difficult to fulfill the paperwork required and timeline presented
This used to be a great company to work for
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  All over the USAJanuary 15, 2017
I don't think that Matrix is aware that without good nurse practitioners, they have nothing. There is no sharing of the wealth with the people who make the wealth possible. For NP week, we were insulted with a $5 Starbucks gift card that we had to download and print! over the holidays, we received a $15 Amazon gift card. And wait for it..., every NP received a salary cut of 10% with an "incentive" program that if you worked even harder than you have been working, you can come close to making what you are currently making, minus extra 25% tax cut because it is considered a "bonus."
The management and leadership folks are very happy and making bonuses off of the worker bees' production.
The schedules are horrendous. If you have a cancellation, you have to call in and wait for the schedulers to find you a replacement.
There are no extra compensations for any extras that you do.
Can't fault a company for making good business decisions, but share the wealth with the people who are making your wealthy lifestyle possible.
In regards to the company car...Hello!!! you are paying for it! You would make more money if they paid your mileage.
Pros
Meeting great mermbers and impacting their lives through education, Great bunch of educated NP co-workers
Cons
long days and nights finishing work, poor tablets, poor appreciation of NPs, frequent management turnarounds, constantly changing rules and job description, unfair compensation rules
Unstable Job
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 31, 2016
Avoid this company at all cost. They depend on contract work and reduce their work force with little notice. You will be treated like a trained monkey until they no longer need you.
Pros
Use of vehicle
Cons
Unprofessional management
Compensation
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 12, 2016
Signed a contract which they did not follow. Heads up- on boarding education takes close to 20 hours and they refuse to honor the contract and will let you go if you request more than $400. Very unpleasant experience. Not worth it.
Productive and always seeking innovative ways to improve
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 16, 2015
Fun work environment with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with various departments with the focus being the creation of a positive customer experience.

If you enjoy a company that is continuously changing, this is the company for you.

The potential to attain monthly bonus is a plus
Pros
Free Lunches, Monthly Bonus Potential, Company Activities
Cons
The potential to grow.
Great place to work. Cares about employees.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Typical day at work involved visiting 7 patients in their homes completing the annual comprehensive health assessment for Medicare Advantage patients. Each assessment took about an hour but in some instances less (people on no medications and no medical history) to two hours for complex patients with multiple medications and medical history. On occasion would come upon a member in distress with respiratory or cardiac issues and would triage patient, call their PCP for directions. Either sent to PCP office or hospital depending on PCP recommendations. I learned how to improve my listening skills. I improved my ability to educate members on their medications and/or disease processes. Management worked hard to help you succeed. Hardly had contact with co-workers. Most of co-workers seemed to leave out parts of the assessment to get all 7 patients in for the day. I had a difficult time doing this. I was very thorough. The hardest part of the job was to manage my time for 7 patients on daily basis. When we were doing five a day, it was much more manageable. Since driving from one home to another there could be 30 to 45 minutes from one site to the next so seeing 7 people a day made for very long days. My most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the patients and educating them on their disease processes, medications, providing resources. I loved working with the patients.
Pros
Company vehicle, reimbursement for hotel expenses, food, etc
Cons
Originally saw 5 patients a day which was manageable. Went to 7 a day which became unmanageable.
Productive Billing and accounts receivable environment
Billing and Client Delivery (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2016
I am able to work on my own with just a few guidance from my peers. I enjoy working with my coworkers. We are a tight neat environment and are always working and comminicating together as a team to figure out issues that may arise within our work area. We have weekly meetings with management talking about new policy and procedures that come up and give our feedback and ideas. Ask questions and give suggestions. Discuss billing and collections.
Coming to work knowing my job is secure and knowing i am part of an organization that is making a difference for our medicare advantage members and clients.
The hardest part of my job is always the End of the Year. When our previous year assessments have to be completed and Billed.
Pros
Monthly meetings at Restaurants, Instant comminication through jabber to coworkers and peers, Celebrate Monthly birthdays for employees, Holiday events, games and prizes. Company gets to participate in Pat Tillman Walk, Give back to community by participating in Christmas Angel Tree, etc
Cons
Work commute is longer, Medical Benefits are high for my family
Very productive
Certified Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 4, 2015
Work 20 hours/3 days a week providing Primary/Urgent/Occupational care in a factory setting. Additionally, complete 15-20 home health risk assessments for medicare/privately insured Members' within a home or facility setting.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility and autonomy
Cons
Long days
Team Work
House Call Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2015
Excellent place to work; had many great team players. Benefits were excellent, which included transportation. Also made every attempt to educate their Nurse Practitioners on what was expected.
The hardest part of the job was finding the time do quality work with each client, while satisfying company requirements of time, quality, consistency.
Pros
Provided transportation
Cons
Short time for breaks and lunch.
Really Great Place to Work
Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Largo FLJune 9, 2015
I enjoyed my experience at Matrix. There are lots of opportunities to grow and learn. The people you work with are great. It is a high paced environment with lots of change to procedures but management keep you abreast to changes with training and by
email.

This position takes lots of concentration, multitasking and an eye for detail as we are sending Nurse Practitioners to patients' homes. Routes have to be optimized and addresses accurate. You have to convince patients that they need this visit and be flexible with their personal schedules as well as the Nurse Practitioners'.

Overall Matrix is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone will to take the challenge.
excellent management and support.
Adult Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 2, 2015
The training was complete and outstanding. Well above average management both clinical and operations. Excellent triage and communication. Exceptional business structure with both a solid foundation and plans for expansion to continue to excel in the current medical arena.
Pros
Excellent support staff, equipement, clinical support, supplies, salary and benefits. Wonderful position
Cons
Difficult for me due to travel schedule and family
Senior Member Relation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 29, 2015
• Contact Medicare Advantage member’s that eligible for an in-home visit with a Licensed Nurse Practitioners. Which includes scheduling a solid visit, and resulting in a Nurse Practitioner going in the home to see members or family that have Power of Attorney. The health assessment is non-invasive, and provide members with beneficial resources in their community.
• New employees will y-cord for training purposes throughout the day, and is shown different soft sales approach such as rapport building, voice fluctuation, product knowledge, rebuttals and conversations.
• Promoted to Member Relations Coordinator for consistently maintaining Contact Center Goals.
Matrix is a very stressful place to work due to all the rules they have.
HCC Coder/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2015
Typical day was pretty quiet.

I learned a lot for complete code capture and coding rules.

Immediate managers were awesome, but upper management could be demeaning and belittling. Nothing you did to improve was good enough.

Coworkers were good.

The most difficult part of this job were all the rules. You could be written up or receive an "occurance" if you called in sick or had an emergency, even if proven.

Seemed as though if you reached a great place in accuracy and productivity, they would raise the bar so you could never reach the top.

Anyone I know who have worked at Matrix was very unhappy there.
Pros
good benefits.
Cons
too many rules and ways to be written up. no way to succeed here.
Poor management, mediocre benefits, overall punitive work environment.
AR Specualist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AZMay 7, 2015
I wanted to quit after 1 week on the job, but I needed to work so I stayed. my immediate manager was a complete micro manager, and the training was subpar. I felt harassed most of the time and was written up more than once for minor attendance infractions, including visit to the ER. there was constant change and how things were done because the department manager was trying to position herself for better things, without thinking things through and it impacted the department in a negative way. My direct supervisor was completely incompetent and not qualified for the job that she was doing. its all about who likes you and who doesn't there. Horrible place to work.
Pros
good holiday lunch
Cons
harassed by management, punitive rules and management
Good Company
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLDecember 30, 2015
The company is very solid and committed to saving lives. The growth is not there learning materials and training is not available
Pros
Goal Lunches
Cons
Advancement
this company just went public. they are a fraud! they provide falsified info to the medicare advantage members.. they claim it is licenced nurse pract
member coord (Former Employee) –  clearwater flDecember 19, 2014
This company is on their way to doomsday. Upper management depends on a director and a hr employee that are screwing employees that question their thieving ways. Members are xomplaining that its harrassment and feel threatend that if they dont make appt will lose their privledges. This company is sick as is upper and lower management. Buyer beware. Xlients be very awRe
Pros
will give bonus w price attached
Cons
free food means weight gain, lots of ill employees. poor management and hr
Excellent work environment
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAApril 13, 2015
Matrix provided me with an exciting career, traveling into patient's home to perform complete risk assessments. I thoroughly enjoyed having the opportunity to work closer with patients through in depth in home assessments. The Matrix management is very enthusiastic. Everyone aims to be positive and encouraging.
Pros
Traveling into patient's homes
Productive , fun , competitive , exciting
Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 5, 2014
Basically a day a work would consist of a meeting in the morning due to the company implementing new things day by day, as well as calling existing members on medical insurance companies such as Aetna , blucross blue shield , humana, providence etc and setting up appointments to schedule a nurse practitioner to their home to then conduct a annual health assessment on them so that way they can stay healthy and be an extra set of eyes and ears for them.
Great company and advancement opportunity
Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2014
Great company. I learned how to use selling techniques with this job even though it was more soft selling. The management is great and always willing to help when you need it. I loved my team I was on. All my co-workers were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is having to do the same thing over and over again. Of course that comes with the type of job working in a call center. The most enjoyable part of the job is being rewarded for hard work and the recognition ceremonies that happen about 2 times a month.
Pros
Great management and opportunities for advancement. Very good benefits.
Cons
No tuition assistance. Can understand since company is still pretty young.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Medical Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4