Matrix Medical Network

Matrix Medical Network Employer Reviews

Cannot wait to get out
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2013
Pros: daily independence
Cons: impossible workload
When I was initially hired - the production requirements were very different from what they have ended up being. I was given a car and a tablet to record my assessment findings, I must mention that it is a very poor quality tablet - using a very poor quality program that was designed with very little to no clinical input. There is no work/life balance, and in fact, the work requirements are so stringent that it is almost impossible to find time to interview for another job. The number of clients who need to be seen has risen, the time frame in which to submit the assessments using a very poor quality and a very slow program has decreased. No matter how much is done, they want more and they want it faster. The star NPs are those who drive few miles and see six people a day. Others of us are forced to drive over a hundred miles daily (approximately three hours of driving time) while still seeing the same number of people. There is no information sharing between the providers, and in fact, it is discouraged. The company's medical director is condescending and demanding. While the company claims to value its nurse practitioners, it only sees them as money making machines. If you are sick you still need to work, because the company frowns upon cancelling appointments. They will tell you to wash your hands and use a tissue. They will tell you that this is 40 hour a week job. It is not, unless you are very close to the people on your route OR you just really don't care about people enough to actually spend quality time with them. If you are able to get in and get out, then maybe. And you will be told to have your manager show you how to do the assessments in 45 minutes. They will tell you to skip steps, but even your manager will be there with you for over an hour. And then you will be reprimanded for skipping steps. I wouldn't wish this job on anyone.
Not for everyone!!
HCC coder (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 20, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: micro managing
Pay is decent. Hours are not what they lead you to believe. You have an assigned shift but you have to be available to them from 6am-6pm, yhey were not up front about this. I didnt find out about this until the 3rd week of training, and this doesn't work for me and my family. The trainging you receive is very intense and like a class room with tests being taken daily. The system is not stable so you have a lot of downtime they want you to make up. They are NOT flexible on work schedules. They are the most micro managing company I've ever worked for. I'm just waiting for something else to come along. I will not be with this company for long.
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 25, 2013
The people in every section are very nice and the hours are great.
Pull you in with with pipe dreams and promise. They do not perform.
Member Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 30, 2013
Pros: bonus insentives
Cons: limited growth
Lots of pressure to perform and they do not provide the tools to work with. Everyday is a struggle to meet the company goals unless you are favored or know someone. They do not allocate opportunity equally. Opportunity to earn bonuses but they steer the opportunities to their star performers, who are no better than the next person and they do not meed QA guidelines, which other MRC are held strictly to. If you know someone you are promoted if not you become a one of the grunts. They are growing rapidly and not taking into consideration stability....they will most likely self destruct as a result. Unless someone steps up and realizes the inner-turmoil is due to favoritism and unfairness.
Wonderful co-workers and work environment. Great team and supporting cast.
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: wonderful co-workers and work environment. great team and supporting cast.
Cons: fairly new company with lack of growth due to constant changes.
Wonderful co-workers and work environment. Great team and supporting cast. Gained additional leadership, training, customer service, and sales skills with this job. Also experience in medical field, specifically in health insurance and scheduling of members with specific healthcare plans.
HCC coding
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 30, 2013
Remotely code for HCCs utilizing a Health Risk Assessment. Flexible hours, great benefits.
Constant change
Intake (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZApril 4, 2013
Pros: good location.
Cons: constant changes and poor training.
Management is chosen thru favoritism. Some supervisors not qualified to hold position. Constant change of duties. Hired in with no permanency of position, that way they can move you to other departments on a daily basis. Training is a few minutes in supervisors office but productivity is pushed. Lots of unhappy employees, low moral.
Ever Changing Workplace
Intake / Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: promote with in, decent pay, individual responsibility and abilites noticed
Cons: could put more emphasis on their production workers, hard to motivate workers with no incentives.
Besides the US Army in which I spent 7 years with, Matrix is one of the biggest influences in my work history. It is an ever changing atmosphere, where every day you can be working on a different project, and the way the projects are completed can also change daily. I am glad they promote with in, and gave me my chance as a Intake / Production supervisor; but with the growth they are currently experiencing, and the changes in policies and procedures I am just worried about job security. Nothing against the company itself, the changes being made will help out the company and far more people then just my team.
Toxic Workplace
Manager (Former Employee), United StatesDecember 29, 2012
Pros: local
Cons: unprofessional leadership without clinical background.
I started with the company when they were growing it bottom up.
Consistantly worked 60-70 hours a week, weekends, and holidays.
The leadership changed with a non clinical machine that acted like military dictators. They took professional positions and replaced them with unhealthy " investigators" who they knew from previous non clinical employment.
They are loosing contracts and have lost all of the
best professionals.
This company is not interested in health care for the patients or the culture of the staff.
Constant Change
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYNovember 25, 2012
Pros: everyone was close, we had small incentives
Cons: not long lasting
The work was simple and most of the time it required you to work with other people so one has to know how to work well with others. The problem is the an employee of this company can come off as a sales rep or stalker to members. Also the rules and regulations constantly changed. The work fluctuated.
Company with potential - but they have the wrong people in management positions
Nurse (Former Employee), TravelerSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: management and senior management
Growing company - however, they only have men in senior management positions who are not clinical making business decisions about a clinical product. Job security is not great as they are making a lot of changes and are hiring people that they know versus people who are talented or right for the positions. Also - don't really care about the clinical quality of assessments - all they care about are how many did you get to complete. Jobs for nurses are only as good as the contracts they have with health plans and they are losing contracts.

July 9, 2013

Not sure if they still have mainly men in the senior management positions -- they have so many management layers, I am no longer sure what is senior or middle or something else! Plus the players seem to keep changing! The only constant in so many aspects is change! But I do agree that their emphasis is not on the clinical aspect. We are really just data collectors with the expectation that if we see something wrong, we will take appropriate action. Their bottom line is the dollar! They tell the insurance carriers that we spend 60-90 minutes with each of their members, but how can one do that if visits are scheduled an hour apart? You do the math -- 90 minutes per visit for six visits a day with travel added on top of that and you either have a long day or a shorter visit, or like some of my colleagues, you just pray you have a cancellation during the day. In my opinion, they have lost sight of the clinical aspect and the caring aspect. But they do love to use those little anecdotes about what a great job we do with the members to sell themselves to their clients. In my opinion, it is very telling that those little anecdotes get the submitter an award! I am used to doing a good job for the sake of doing a good job! I am very curious as to how the implementation of the Affordable Care Act will affect things.

large turnover
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 8, 2012
Cons: no chance for advancement unless you are liked by someone in management.
Constantly changing metrix with no notice of changes and what they are looking for until you don't meet the requirements.
Really competitive environment
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYAugust 16, 2012
A typical day at work starts with a briefing and distribution of work assignments. The rest of the day is spent making and taking calls from customers and scheduling appointments.

The company was fairly new so there were a lot of policy and procedural changes as time went on. The turnaround in changes to these policies and procedures were so short lived that it created a revolving door of employees coming and leaving which made the work atmosphere pretty tense.

The hardest part of the job really had to do with procedures and changes which created a lot of animosity between co-workers due to lost production after doing the leg work.
Scottsdale Corporate Office - Avoid at all costs
Manager (Former Employee), ScottsdaleJuly 23, 2012
Cons: backstabbing vps, expensive bad benefits, hr policies change daily
Company leadership has unrealistic expectations. They work you to death, don't pay and fire people for almost any reason. I worked there as a manager and worked 60 hours a week. There is a lot of fault finding and blame. It is a toxic atmosphere and the HR department is NOT your friend.
Matrix Medical Network
Member Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee), Uniondale,NYJune 19, 2012
Pros: decent pay, great location
Cons: short breaks, no advancement opportunity, unstable
The job is very monotonous, with no opportunity for advancement. It doesnt motivate you to be your best. The pay is decent, but has no options for raises in pay. Overall it's a job for you to make money and pay bills, not to start a career
High energy performer in the office. A risk taker,with confidence to drive initiatives and contribute in Matrix Medical Network fast-paced environment
Nurse Practitioner Scheduler (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 7, 2012
-Calling potential members to coordinate in-home visits with nurse practitioners.

-Being a superb communicator who really enjoyed talking to patients. I learned how to listen to members and family members concerns and needs.

-Our Management team is dedicated to improving member care. Weekly meeting and being updated on new procedures and policy was outstanding in our growth.

-I worked with a good group of co-workers, we were teamplayer very professional and alway filled the gaps, when it came down to scheduling daily.

-The hardest part of my job was listening to some patients, who didn't have help or how there children didn't help them. I have talked to many members that were crying on the phone and had to contain myself. I would try and schedule members a visit the very next day. I would also follow up with the members, just to check on them. That was something I didn't have to do. I did it anyway and the member would be so happy I did.

-The most enjoyable part of my job was scheduling the visit for the members. I really enjoyed getting the members the quality help they needed. I alot of senior were so grateful just to talk to me. If I made a member happy or saved a life, just by getting a NP to come by their home, to do an Medical Assessment that made me happy.
A productive,helpful, and friendly work environment
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYApril 12, 2012
Pros: over time opportunities, can work on saturdays, co-workers and supervisors are helpful
Cons: little chance of job advancement, no breaks, have a daily quota, sales
A typical day starts with checking which nurse practitioner I need to schedule for which health plan. I check the zips the NP travels to and then call members in those zips informing them of the wellness assessment which is a service their plans provide to them once a year. A wellness assessment entails a licensed NP speaking with members about their well being and health, as well as taking blood pressure and measuring vital signs.

I have learned many people are not familiar with the wellness assessment and don't see the advantages of it--my job is to also speak of the advantages to them.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a daily quota. This can fluctuate depending on the NP you're scheduling for and which zips they travel to as well as how many members are in a zip whom are available to call at any one time. Members also cancel and/or reschedule which can also affect your quota.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a member decides to try the service or calls in after a wellness assessment with good feedback about the NP and wellness assessment.