Matrix Medical Network Employee Reviews

Toxic people
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale AZFebruary 5, 2015
Typical LM sets you up to fail
New product in-house,LM delegates, hides in office
Nepotism does not work
LM hired staff she used to work with;one stated "she is not a manager"; LM with no planning skills; comes to you the day she
wants something done...
Saw no work products from LM; she tells the protected few when
policy changes and does not inform others on the team.

Licensed in-house staff person fell asleep at her desk due to pain meds.
Other staff with food disorders and alchohol issues.
LM delegates all to subordinate
LM targets people she doesn't like

Need licensed staff random drug testing, but doubt it will be implemented because Executive level staff very obviously a
heavy drinker.

Backstabbing and undermining is the general theme.
LM is not open to new ideas and made up her evaluation of
employees based on metrics she never attained herself.
Pros
lunch
Cons
no room for growth or using your mind
this company just went public. they are a fraud! they provide falsified info to the medicare advantage members.. they claim it is licenced nurse pract
member coord (Former Employee) –  clearwater flDecember 19, 2014
This company is on their way to doomsday. Upper management depends on a director and a hr employee that are screwing employees that question their thieving ways. Members are xomplaining that its harrassment and feel threatend that if they dont make appt will lose their privledges. This company is sick as is upper and lower management. Buyer beware. Xlients be very awRe
Pros
will give bonus w price attached
Cons
free food means weight gain, lots of ill employees. poor management and hr
Productive , fun , competitive , exciting
Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 5, 2014
Basically a day a work would consist of a meeting in the morning due to the company implementing new things day by day, as well as calling existing members on medical insurance companies such as Aetna , blucross blue shield , humana, providence etc and setting up appointments to schedule a nurse practitioner to their home to then conduct a annual health assessment on them so that way they can stay healthy and be an extra set of eyes and ears for them.
Fun & productive team.
Clinical Staffing Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 27, 2014
Room for advancement. Learned many new things regarding Clinical Staffing.
Pros
staff is like family.
Cons
relocated to the east coast.
This is a VERY stressful place to work.
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 31, 2014
The staff at Matrix is young and in-experienced. The field staff are supposed to be LPN, instead, they are nurses assistants. This makes it difficult as a coder, to assign diagnosis, as they are not trained.

Matrix is constantly changing their P and P on assigned codes.
Pros
there are not any pros, maybe, except for poor insurance.
Cons
in-experienced staff.
Great money for the work, but very little work and was let go
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  WAJuly 20, 2014
I started with Matrix in August of 2013 as a "Flex Provider" doing home assessments on Medicare Advantage members. It was perfect as I could tell them how many patients I wanted to see on a given day, and what days I wanted to work. Because it was a flex position, no benefits came with it and taxes were paid be me, as a contractor. All was great until January 1st, 2014, when the work STOPPED. Not just for me, but for all the flex providers in my state. There was no warning of this. Finally in mid July after not working one day in 2014, I got the call saying they were letting me and all the NPs in WA state, go.
In the meantime, I was reading emails, and staying up to date on education, without getting paid for any of it.
Pros
good money and flexible schedule
Cons
poor communication with employees
Senior Medicare Advantage Home Health Assessments
Member Resolution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2014
Outbound call center managing Medicare Home Health Assessments. Speaking to Seniors all over the country to send nurses to their homes through their Medicare Advantage Plans.

Numbers of Assessments booked per day was too high, disconnected numbers, no answers, answering machines, lines to nowhere, makes it very difficult to fill requirements of position.

Quality Assessments difficult when script for each Insurance company changes constantly. Slows the process of being an effective Member Resolution Coordinator.

Training is good, Rewards are great especially for some who receive rewards consistently. Corp Leadership was great until they moved the most important and motivating member to corporate offices and the working environment changed.
Pros
team of great people, medicare home health assessments worthwhile to present to seniors
Cons
metrics of position, evaluation processes, and lack of access to availability of nurses
This company doesn't treat their employees well at all.
HRA Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 26, 2014
I did transcription for them and I did appreciate that they were able to keep a large group of people in all cubicles quiet, but the management was unreasonably rude and hard to communicate needs and daily processes with. Otherwise, I did enjoy the work as it was very challenging.
Pros
great challenging work.
Cons
difficult management
Great company and advancement opportunity
Member Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 18, 2014
Great company. I learned how to use selling techniques with this job even though it was more soft selling. The management is great and always willing to help when you need it. I loved my team I was on. All my co-workers were very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is having to do the same thing over and over again. Of course that comes with the type of job working in a call center. The most enjoyable part of the job is being rewarded for hard work and the recognition ceremonies that happen about 2 times a month.
Pros
great management and opportunities for advancement. very good benefits.
Cons
no tuition assistance. can understand since company is still pretty young.
It's a great place to work
Member Relation Repersentative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 18, 2014
Taking inbound calls from Medicare members from various health insurance companies
Manage resistance to encourage members to keep their scheduled visit with the nurse practitioners.
Achieve my monthly enrollment goal for monthly bonus
Active listening skills to hear what the member is not saying to address their problems
I've learned that the skill sets that I have developed will continue to increase as long I focus on growing as an individual.
I have great co-workers
The hardest part of the job will be leaving it for personal growth and development.
The most enjoyable part of the job was it was part of a continued growth process for.
Pros
it's a place where one can grow
Cons
the revenue opportunity would is not available
Uncomfortable environment to work
HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 13, 2014
This is really not a place a enjoyed working the HR department was extremely judgmental and it was very hard to feel part of the team.
Corporate Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2014
Growing organization with great promise toward the future!
Coding robot with 3 audits daily
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 22, 2014
I worked as a Medical coder in the Scottsdale office, for 4 years with only a one dollar raise, yes,that's RIGHT, just one dollar. The standards that Marix has for it's coders is 95.5-100% accuracy(on a daily basis).The Auditors are people who coded with few mistakes, so the company made them Auditors(they are not certified).
The Supervisors are all women, with big heads and no reguard to their employees.
Their standards are too high and they always expect more from their coders.The women that run the coding dept. have a PnP (policy and procedure) program, that as a coder you must follow, no matter what guidelines you have in your coding book(or your gut).
If you do not follow their PnP and go BY THE BOOK, then you get fired. Matrix makes up their own Coding rules and guidelines.

It is a very stressful enviroment, and Matrix treats their coders like robots, and when coders don't perform to THEIR standards..well then ...they are out of there!!
Pros
there aren't any pro's
Cons
matrix brags about the money they make, but as an employee, you won't ever see any of it.
Scheduled NP with healthcare program member accounts
Scheduler/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniondale, NYMarch 6, 2014
Alot of growing within this company too bad they relocated to another state.
Caring and fun workplace
Scheduler/Trainer (Former Employee) –  clearwater floridaJanuary 9, 2014
In this job you got to work with a wide variety of character types which made it fun and not dull.. being as you had back to back calls all day it made time fly by. Management was caring if you had an emergency with kids or family.. Hardest part about this job was getting the people you call to trust that you represent their insurance carrier.
Pros
family friendly
Cons
short lunch
Not very good environment for socialization. All work and no play is destructive.
ADULT NURSE PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Harris County work location did not occur.January 7, 2014
It was rewarding meeting the patients, serving, and educating them.

Frustrating things about job: To busy 24/7, unable to socialize with
co-workers r/t distance. I learned that it was not the right fit for me.
My home life was deteriorating and friends and family were being
neglected.
Pros
enjoyed meeting the patients. some patients had genuine needs and concerns that could be fixed.
Cons
no time allotted for lunch or breaks, you are sent to counties that you did not agree to go to when hired.
Good growing company
Provider Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FLDecember 19, 2013
Matrix is still a new growing company with some growing pains but overall, a good place to work.
Unbiased but personal
MRC Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLDecember 12, 2013
Company strongly lacks conviction, order and equality. The management team proves that every time someone threatens to leave/quit...they are then offered positions otherwise they would have never been offered but Good For Them who wants to be stuck in a dead end? You will be constantly under scrutiny/monitored call after call after call, short breaks, short lunch.
You will learn very little because you're there to just make calls - that's it...no variety no growth, no knowledge just stuck to your chair like a parasite.
In order to avoid and recover from the revolving door which has hit the company hard speaks very clearly by selling the pipe dream with no reality. Supervisors have no growth in the company, departments have no respect for the other. There are incentives but honestly just not enough to keep people in the company furthermore there is a lot of tension and every time you see someone in a position they bullied their way into just shows desperation if you are the type of person who has a choice take it. This is a job for those of us who need a paycheck as we move on. A job like this requires a much better pay scale. I thought this was going to be a job I would never want to leave but after 2 months I couldn't think of anything more. Pay raises have been set in place but it doesn't feel very good - every thing just becomes harder, more pressure and less appreciated. Sorry but it's the truth!!
Pros
location
Cons
leadership, conviction, reality check
legal sweat shop
psc (Current Employee) –  Clearwater flDecember 12, 2013
Yes I get it it's a call center. But this one to me is just a legal sweat shop. No I'm not one of those bitter current employees. It is what it is. Favoritism runs rampid here. Heaven forbid you get sick or have to leave early when you are not one of the favorites. They will guilt trip you to death. Not to mention the unrealistic goals. Personally I feel like we are scamming the people we call
Pros
it's a paycheck
Cons
favoritism no direction poor management
Cannot wait to get out
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 25, 2013
When I was initially hired - the production requirements were very different from what they have ended up being. I was given a car and a tablet to record my assessment findings, I must mention that it is a very poor quality tablet - using a very poor quality program that was designed with very little to no clinical input. There is no work/life balance, and in fact, the work requirements are so stringent that it is almost impossible to find time to interview for another job. The number of clients who need to be seen has risen, the time frame in which to submit the assessments using a very poor quality and a very slow program has decreased. No matter how much is done, they want more and they want it faster. The star NPs are those who drive few miles and see six people a day. Others of us are forced to drive over a hundred miles daily (approximately three hours of driving time) while still seeing the same number of people. There is no information sharing between the providers, and in fact, it is discouraged. The company's medical director is condescending and demanding. While the company claims to value its nurse practitioners, it only sees them as money making machines. If you are sick you still need to work, because the company frowns upon cancelling appointments. They will tell you to wash your hands and use a tissue. They will tell you that this is 40 hour a week job. It is not, unless you are very close to the people on your route OR you just really don't care about people enough to actually spend quality time with them. If you are able to get in and get out, then maybe. And  more... you will be told to have your manager show you how to do the assessments in 45 minutes. They will tell you to skip steps, but even your manager will be there with you for over an hour. And then you will be reprimanded for skipping steps. I wouldn't wish this job on anyone.  less
Pros
daily independence
Cons
impossible workload