Matrix Medical Network

Matrix Medical Network Employer Reviews

HCC coding
Remote Medical Coder (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 30, 2013
Remotely code for HCCs utilizing a Health Risk Assessment. Flexible hours, great benefits.
Constant change
Intake (Current Employee), Scottsdale AZApril 4, 2013
Pros: good location.
Cons: constant changes and poor training.
Management is chosen thru favoritism. Some supervisors not qualified to hold position. Constant change of duties. Hired in with no permanency of position, that way they can move you to other departments on a daily basis. Training is a few minutes in supervisors office but productivity is pushed. Lots of unhappy employees, low moral.
Ever Changing Workplace
Intake / Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: promote with in, decent pay, individual responsibility and abilites noticed
Cons: could put more emphasis on their production workers, hard to motivate workers with no incentives.
Besides the US Army in which I spent 7 years with, Matrix is one of the biggest influences in my work history. It is an ever changing atmosphere, where every day you can be working on a different project, and the way the projects are completed can also change daily. I am glad they promote with in, and gave me my chance as a Intake / Production supervisor; – more... but with the growth they are currently experiencing, and the changes in policies and procedures I am just worried about job security. Nothing against the company itself, the changes being made will help out the company and far more people then just my team. – less
Toxic Workplace
Manager (Former Employee), United StatesDecember 29, 2012
Pros: local
Cons: unprofessional leadership without clinical background.
I started with the company when they were growing it bottom up.
Consistantly worked 60-70 hours a week, weekends, and holidays.
The leadership changed with a non clinical machine that acted like military dictators. They took professional positions and replaced them with unhealthy " investigators" who they knew from previous non clinical employment.
They – more... are loosing contracts and have lost all of the
best professionals.
This company is not interested in health care for the patients or the culture of the staff. – less
Constant Change
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYNovember 25, 2012
Pros: everyone was close, we had small incentives
Cons: not long lasting
The work was simple and most of the time it required you to work with other people so one has to know how to work well with others. The problem is the an employee of this company can come off as a sales rep or stalker to members. Also the rules and regulations constantly changed. The work fluctuated.
Company with potential - but they have the wrong people in management positions
Nurse (Former Employee), TravelerSeptember 23, 2012
Pros: good work/life balance
Cons: management and senior management
Growing company - however, they only have men in senior management positions who are not clinical making business decisions about a clinical product. Job security is not great as they are making a lot of changes and are hiring people that they know versus people who are talented or right for the positions. Also - don't really care about the clinical – more... quality of assessments - all they care about are how many did you get to complete. Jobs for nurses are only as good as the contracts they have with health plans and they are losing contracts. – less

July 9, 2013

Not sure if they still have mainly men in the senior management positions -- they have so many management layers, I am no longer sure what is senior or middle or something else! Plus the players seem to keep changing! The only constant in so many aspects is change! But I do agree that their emphasis is not on the clinical aspect. We are really just data collectors with the expectation that if we see something wrong, we will take appropriate action. Their bottom line is the dollar! They tell the insurance carriers that we spend 60-90 minutes with each of their members, but how can one do that if visits are scheduled an hour apart? You do the math -- 90 minutes per visit for six visits a day with travel added on top of that and you either have a long day or a shorter visit, or like some of my colleagues, you just pray you have a cancellation during the day. In my opinion, they have lost sight of the clinical aspect and the caring aspect. But they do love to use those little anecdotes about what a great job we do with the members to sell themselves to their clients. In my opinion, it is very telling that those little anecdotes get the submitter an award! I am used to doing a good job for the sake of doing a good job! I am very curious as to how the implementation of the Affordable Care Act will affect things.

large turnover
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), FloridaSeptember 8, 2012
Cons: no chance for advancement unless you are liked by someone in management.
Constantly changing metrix with no notice of changes and what they are looking for until you don't meet the requirements.
Really competitive environment
Member Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee), Uniondale, NYAugust 16, 2012
A typical day at work starts with a briefing and distribution of work assignments. The rest of the day is spent making and taking calls from customers and scheduling appointments.

The company was fairly new so there were a lot of policy and procedural changes as time went on. The turnaround in changes to these policies and procedures were so short – more... lived that it created a revolving door of employees coming and leaving which made the work atmosphere pretty tense.

The hardest part of the job really had to do with procedures and changes which created a lot of animosity between co-workers due to lost production after doing the leg work. – less
Scottsdale Corporate Office - Avoid at all costs
Manager (Former Employee), ScottsdaleJuly 23, 2012
Cons: backstabbing vps, expensive bad benefits, hr policies change daily
Company leadership has unrealistic expectations. They work you to death, don't pay and fire people for almost any reason. I worked there as a manager and worked 60 hours a week. There is a lot of fault finding and blame. It is a toxic atmosphere and the HR department is NOT your friend.
Matrix Medical Network
Member Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee), Uniondale,NYJune 19, 2012
Pros: decent pay, great location
Cons: short breaks, no advancement opportunity, unstable
The job is very monotonous, with no opportunity for advancement. It doesnt motivate you to be your best. The pay is decent, but has no options for raises in pay. Overall it's a job for you to make money and pay bills, not to start a career
High energy performer in the office. A risk taker,with confidence to drive initiatives and contribute in Matrix Medical Network fast-paced environment
Nurse Practitioner Scheduler (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJune 7, 2012
-Calling potential members to coordinate in-home visits with nurse practitioners.

-Being a superb communicator who really enjoyed talking to patients. I learned how to listen to members and family members concerns and needs.

-Our Management team is dedicated to improving member care. Weekly meeting and being updated on new procedures and policy was – more... outstanding in our growth.

-I worked with a good group of co-workers, we were teamplayer very professional and alway filled the gaps, when it came down to scheduling daily.

-The hardest part of my job was listening to some patients, who didn't have help or how there children didn't help them. I have talked to many members that were crying on the phone and had to contain myself. I would try and schedule members a visit the very next day. I would also follow up with the members, just to check on them. That was something I didn't have to do. I did it anyway and the member would be so happy I did.

-The most enjoyable part of my job was scheduling the visit for the members. I really enjoyed getting the members the quality help they needed. I alot of senior were so grateful just to talk to me. If I made a member happy or saved a life, just by getting a NP to come by their home, to do an Medical Assessment that made me happy. – less
A productive,helpful, and friendly work environment
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee), Uniondale, NYApril 12, 2012
Pros: over time opportunities, can work on saturdays, co-workers and supervisors are helpful
Cons: little chance of job advancement, no breaks, have a daily quota, sales
A typical day starts with checking which nurse practitioner I need to schedule for which health plan. I check the zips the NP travels to and then call members in those zips informing them of the wellness assessment which is a service their plans provide to them once a year. A wellness assessment entails a licensed NP speaking with members about their – more... well being and health, as well as taking blood pressure and measuring vital signs.

I have learned many people are not familiar with the wellness assessment and don't see the advantages of it--my job is to also speak of the advantages to them.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a daily quota. This can fluctuate depending on the NP you're scheduling for and which zips they travel to as well as how many members are in a zip whom are available to call at any one time. Members also cancel and/or reschedule which can also affect your quota.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when a member decides to try the service or calls in after a wellness assessment with good feedback about the NP and wellness assessment. – less
Great people, bad management
IT (Current Employee), ITMay 14, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, decent wages and benefits
Cons: no room for advancement, politics, work/life balance, job security, management does not know what they are doing or how to implement changes
The NPs and coworkers are great. The company has been reorganizing since I started 2 years ago. Most departments are rife with politics and most are worried about their jobs. There is little room for advancement and upper management consistently brags about their departments coming in way under budget while their teams are so overworked. Most of the – more... people I started working here with have left for better opportunities. – less