Matrix Merchandising Employee Reviews

Very unorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 11, 2016
No set route, too much drive time, no advance scheduling, minimal contact with supervisor,very physical work for little pay.
Pros
Cons
anyone is qualified
Unprofessional
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 7, 2015
Good second job . Management not professional. Called me on the phone to let me go............................W.T.H.
Pros
SCHEDULING
Cons
GETTING CANNED BECAUSE I WAS TOOK MONDAY, AND TUESDAY OFF`!!! FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING?
Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 10, 2015
Mostly work by yourself. Fun because you get to see different sceneries. Never doing the same things, always different opportunities. You can accept and deny jobs
Pros
good for extra money if you have other income, work by yourself
Cons
no room for advancement, not a lot of work in my area so not a steady pay check
The best Merchandising company I've worked for!
Merchandiser & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 8, 2015
To begin, I have to say I love working for Matrix. Since I was introduced to the Merchandising world, there has not been a merchandising company that can top Matrix; from the excellent and professional Management to the endless opportunities Matrix Merchandising has to offer. For every challenge to come, Management is well organized to prepare us with a plan. If there is any questions or concerns they will find the answer. Also Management always aknowledges every individual for their great effort and success for through out the company. Communication is the Key to success and Matrix Merchandising has what it takes! Thats why there is so many opportunities for growth with the Company.

Having the ability to balance work with life is important and Matrix understands that. Weather you are looking for a part time or are looking to build your Carreer Matrix gives the opportunity to work flexible hours and choose your location.
Pros
Excellent Management, great income, advancement opportunity, flexibility
Cons
possibly the best job I've had
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 8, 2015
I've been in customer service for 12 years from waitressing to banking. This job is possibly the best combination of work/life balance and fantastic management I have ever seen. I will say my boss is the best I've ever worked with. As a whole the company is very understanding and motivational. They want you to succeed. I have finally found the dream job.
Pros
pay, work/life, great management
Cons
none that I can think of
Great Place To Work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie MDOctober 23, 2014
This is a great place to work, I wish they had 40 hrs per wk, I would love it, great pay and great people to work with
Great company to work for!!!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wilmington NCOctober 14, 2014
This is a great company to work for. My District Manager is the extremely professional and is always positive.
I look forward to coming to work. I have a passion for plants and how they appear. To me it is always important to put yourself in someone else place and see what they may see. Keeping the plants and the area around clean is extremely important so that they appeal to everyone.
Pros
professional company
Cons
i can't think of one
Matrix Merchandising offers a variety of work for great extra income!
Merchandiser/Installer (Current Employee) –  South/SoutheastOctober 10, 2014
Matrix offers a wide variety of project based jobs for excellent extra income. I currently have a full-time job and can easily fit work from Matrix into my schedule without a problem. What's nice is almost all of the jobs that are offered can be done on any day of the week at any time of day (within reason of course). What's also great is you do the work that you are able...if you can't commit to a certain project or your availability varies, it's not an issue. Depending on where you live, you may have the opportunity for steady work, not full-time, but consistent extra income. The variety of work is one of the best things about Matrix, I've done various installations, merchandising projects and surveys in a variety of different accounts.

The managers are very friendly, down to earth people and treat the employees with dignity and respect. The company is growing and expanding, continuously adding employees and customers. If there isn't a ton of work in your area at first, don't worry, there's always something new coming down the pike. Given the growth pattern, there will be opportunities to take management positions in the near future! I'm very happy to be a part of the Matrix family and look forward to what is ahead!
Pros
great extra income, variety, flexibility, management.
Cons
no mileage or compensation for use of personal vehicle.
They get that my life comes first
Installer (Current Employee) –  CharlotteDecember 20, 2012
Matrix is great for me because I want some extra money but I can't get tied to a regular schedule. I have to fit work in when I can. in the past I had used temp companies to try to get work but if you turn them down a couple times they never call you back. Matrix Merchandising is different--as far as I know they have offered me all the work that has come up in my area. I've taken about half and turned down about half. It's great, and they pay good.

I also like the way they look at the jobs they do because the important thing is getting it right. Too many places are focused on cutting corners.

I's like to work for them full time but they don't have enough work for that. That's the biggest negative.
Pros
flexible, good pay
Cons
more work, better information up front
A great opportunity for some extra income
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL.September 18, 2012
I have assisted Matrix Merchandising on a few jobs now. They offer a wide variety of merchandising/install jobs, which keeps the work mix interesting and fun.
Professional
supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 3, 2012
Check in with management and review materials and instructions given to you, complete install, take photos, management approval and sign off.

The hardest part is making sure the photos are perfect for viewing which is understandable, the most enjoyable part is location and management!
Pros
high end
Create your own full time, flexible position
Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 30, 2012
After being involved with merchandising for more than 30 years I think these are GREAT opportunities for anyone who needs a little extra cash or wants to build a full time job out of various merchandising gigs. If you get bored easily-you won't have that issue with merchandising.
Pick and choose the ones that you want to do or that fit into your schedule. Personally, I paid my way through college on these types opportunities - I could schedule them around my classes, each one was different- you become involved with different business, people and ideas. My neighbor schedules her merchandising around her kids and school.
The flexibility, variety of work and working pretty much independently make these opportunities perfect for some extra cash but you can also build a full-time schedule by taking advantage of a number of merchandising opportunities. Merchandising is not a job, it is creative and challenging profession - where would retail be without it?
Pros
variety, schedule flexibility, ground floor opportunities and cash
Cons
i would still be a merchandiser had i not accepted a mgr. position with this company.
Never a dull moment
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 29, 2012
The nice thing about Matrix is that there is not a typical day. The assignments can vary keeping the job new and I've learned I can take on any challenge. The management team communicates well and has set guidlines for reporting that is straight forward and provides appropriate accountability. Some assignments are one person jobs but the opportunites to work as a team have proven rewarding as my co-workers have been professional and enthusiastic. The most enjoyable part of working for Matrix is that I am always challenged!
Great xtra work
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Kingsland GaAugust 29, 2012
I've done one job for Matrix, It was well organized and I had all the information I needed to complete the assigned task.
It was a pleasure to have everything laid out just as it was needed to get the job done.
Pros
great pay