Matrix Service Company

Matrix Service Company Employee Reviews

Very poorly managed
Shop Worker (Former Employee), Catoosa OklahomaMay 26, 2015
Pros: Fair pay
Cons: Unrespectable management
Only stayed as long as I did because the pay and schedule were fairly decent. Overall, the management generally treated the shop personnel like dirt. They actually openly forbid shop personnel to use bathroom up front, or park front part of the parking lot. They talked about safety, but really just cared about their reputation and often tried to treat fairly serious injuries in house to keep them off OSHA record.
Very productive enviroment
Project Controls Clerk (Current Employee), Cushing, OKApril 20, 2015
Matrix is a great company to work for. I wish i could stay here forever. The sad thing is that it is a project job, which means you're not promised to stay in the same town forever. I have two kids and would like to have a job that i don't have to worry about going to a different state. I want to find something that is set and stone, and that i can retire from
Again all work no play
Crane Operator (Former Employee), El Segundo, CaJanuary 20, 2015
I worked 7/12's, the money was great but i had no time to spend it. Once i was laid off i had no more work.
Productive work place with hard working people
Safety Attendant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 18, 2014
A typical day would be watching employees to ensure safety. I learned a little of how welding works and a bit about the oilfield where as it was my first time. The crew was very well put together, very hard working people. The hardest part about the job was probably the weather conditions but it wasn't so bad, just cold. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I love meeting new people and experiencing new things.
Work safe
combo welder (Former Employee), Hurley, NMDecember 10, 2014
Safety Meeting and stretch get lined out for the task of the day. As welds are made we have to move our tents. Supervision helps to keep water in the areas. We watch each other while the work is going on. Having to move so much. Helping to keep everyone safe.
Worked in the reclaim area on pipe and equipment reroute.
Combo welder/ Pipe Fitter on project expansion (Former Employee), Morenci, AZDecember 10, 2014
Safety meeting and get lined out on the work for the day. Check you area for animals and snakes before you start work. The supervision is concerned with your safety and well being. Watch co workers as the work goes on. When the wind kicks up dust. Having a safe injury free day
great job love the traveling
Boilermaker (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: jobs not long enough
I wish the jobs could've been longer great leaders flushing the systems chemical wash boilermaker
Evolving work environment
Payroll/Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Newark, DEAugust 1, 2014
When working for Matrix there were many different duties I performed.
Strict yet productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKDecember 2, 2013
Pros: decent people and decent money
Cons: long hours
The work was very physical and somewhat mental. Some weeks we'd work seven days a week. I stuck it out for about three years because the money was alright. I was laid off with about half of the company last year.
Matrix
Material Handler (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MONovember 13, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
Matrix is a place to work, not a place to get comfortable, the hours are long, the management did not understand how to make moral of employees go up. No incentive to move up in the company other than self motivation.
Fun place to work.
Data Entry (Temp) (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 11, 2013
Pros: friday morning healthy breakfasts
Cons: no permanent position available
I enjoyed my time with Matrix. My co-workers were nice and very helpful.
This is a great company to work for
Fabrication AutoCAD Drafter (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 4, 2013
I was on a temp. position with them doing drafting. I absolutly loved it.
Great company
Technician (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKAugust 4, 2013
This company has a very friendly staff. The benefits are great. The pay is good and you are given a lot of overtime. The only downfall to the job is sometimes you are gone for a week or two on a job and the job can be dangerous.
The most unfar company I ever worked for and would tell anyone not to work for them
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Catoosa OkJuly 25, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: never happy with my work even when i saved them money
The manager was always looking for someone to fire or if a little mistake was made terminate them. treated me and other employees with no respect
Descent
Helper 1 (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAMarch 13, 2013
Pros: fast money
Cons: not enough work short term
Descent to work for. Long hours short term . It is a refinery maintanence company With work all over the nation.
safe working place with most
worker (Current Employee), nor calDecember 10, 2012
Pros: safe, work, a job
Cons: its not what you know, who you know
I've worked with matrix for some time,it's a safe place with most people but there some that take the risk.down fall of this company is its not what you know it's who you know that get ahead,seen my ups and downs in it.
safety first , quality , performance, team work
NCCER Boilermaker (Former Employee), belinham washingtonAugust 20, 2012
Pros: as a safe work, we get caps, free lunches.
Cons: safe work, quality
matrix service is a very good company, in quality of work and safety ppe, all tools , safety meetings. Safety first , quality of work, team work .
very intresting
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee), Orange, CAJune 26, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: 1 hr only
the job is intresting if you know what you are doing,i have lean a lot inrespect of tank bulding and repair.something you may encounter orbstarcle in the field of work with co-worker just be yourself.
every job is hard just belive on what your doing know if you are doing it right or wrong ask question.