Matrix Service Company Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 31, 2017
They are very safe they strive to keep everyone safe . Working for them provides knowledge of many different things . You must be fast paced and able to learn quickly
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Healthcare
good workplace
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIMarch 6, 2017
Matrix is a temp agency that hires people for short term work. After your assinment is done they try to find you another job but, there might not always be another job right away
Great Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2017
The company is great to work for; compensation is more than fair for the industry and benefits are fantastic. The hardest part of my job is the amount of travel, it really takes a toll on my family to be gone as much as I am but I am amply compensated for my time and efforts.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Amount of Travel
great company
PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2017
great company to work for. I would love to go back once work picks up again. This company has great leadership and build a great product.
Positive Environment
Ironworker/Rigger Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Worked 14 hour jobs.
Learned how to Rig.
Friendly people and also a good safety environment.
Lead personals are encouraging and out spoken.
I would like to work with this company someday again..
great team work
Site Supervisor QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Epping, NDJanuary 11, 2017
Oversee civil & mechanical and welding & I&E ensure project meets proper codes as well as customer’s specifications. Manage and schedule all third-party inspection and evaluate the results to assure that they meet specifications To schedule and direct all inspections. To assure job is being built to customer’s specifications and codes. As well as manage all inspectors.
Challenging and fun
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Williston, ND 58801January 10, 2017
Overall is a good company to work for.Has opportunity to grow into management positions ,promotions. Long hours but ll worth it .
great co workers loved the work i did
Welders Helper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 9, 2017
great supervisor loved all the team work we had plus the tail gates every morning company worried about our safety and helped our needs as they could
Pros
great supervisor good lunchs
Cons
the weather
Hard working had two jobs sent age 15
Mixer and milling atomotive paint (Former Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIDecember 17, 2016
Every morning a safety meeting then batch tickets to make thr batch then loctaing produets in warehouse then made produet of 40 to 500 gallon of produet a day
Great company great pay
Maintenance Mechanic/Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CADecember 12, 2016
Leaving the business to be home with family sometimes money doesn't buy happiness. Other than that love my job just wish i could be home and not miss out on alot of family events .
Good people
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  Alabama, Wyomimg, Utah, TexasDecember 9, 2016
No accidents
Good Management
Good Safety
Good Team Work
Fair Pay not the best
Didn't get travel or per diem not fair
Hardest part of the job like any is the weather mostly other then that it was great.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no per diem
Great working environment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2016
Worked on small crew of 8 people, building above ground oil storage facilities. worked with heavy machinery and welding equipment on a daily basis to complete the job.
great place to work at.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  port of catoosaSeptember 7, 2016
I had no problems working for matrix I wish I could have stayed but it happens when jobs slow down people have to go. Good environment a lot of good people that helps you to succeed in life.
Good company to expand your skills
Cerified Welder, Fitter and a Leadman (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 1, 2016
It's a good company to expand your skills, good co-workers and a safe work environment. I've learned a lot of new skills and still learning. A good place to start or improve your welding skills.
Friendly Workplace Rewards Hard Work
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAAugust 1, 2016
I was hired here as a sort of temp in the HR department and enjoyed my position more than I thought I would. They were so helpful and organized when on-boarding me, and everyone supported each other. There is low turnover with the administrative staff and high job retention. I really enjoyed working here, and they allowed me the flexibility to try out positions in nearly every department when I wanted to learn something new. It was a fantastic college job.
Pros
great workplace, great people, helpful and informative, work with my schedule
Cons
short-term, low hours
great place to work if you like to travel
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
I love my job. I'm just looking for something closer to home, so I can be there for my wife and kids. I have met some great people and made life long friends that will continue to support me in the future.
Pros
great work experince
Cons
travel
great work ethic
Boilermaker Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CADecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed learning and growing with this company over the one year and will take all my skills learned onto the next company.
overall good
Hole watch /Fire watch Boilermaker / Welders (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 23, 2015
Overall working conditions not the best, but company compensation and culture fair. Supervisors NOT egomaniacs, No time off, but money worth it.
Progressive company for pleasant workplace and benifits.
Drafting Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 4, 2015
Matrix Service seems to be a growing company. They have been looking for better ways to do the job of tank construction, with greater safety and quality in mind.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Great place to make great money
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2015
good pay, helpful coworkers that are like your family away from home, learning about safety, petroleum, housekeeping, and fire hazards.
Pros
company provides lunch for incident free days
Cons
no breaks, some in management have a hit the road attitude if you don't like your job, gossip, favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Service Company. Our community is ready to answer.