Matrix Service Company Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to make great money
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2015
good pay, helpful coworkers that are like your family away from home, learning about safety, petroleum, housekeeping, and fire hazards.
Pros
company provides lunch for incident free days
Cons
no breaks, some in management have a hit the road attitude if you don't like your job, gossip, favoritism
great work ethic
Boilermaker Mechanic (Former Employee) –  CADecember 3, 2015
I enjoyed learning and growing with this company over the one year and will take all my skills learned onto the next company.
Very poorly managed
Shop Worker (Former Employee) –  Catoosa OklahomaMay 26, 2015
Only stayed as long as I did because the pay and schedule were fairly decent. Overall, the management generally treated the shop personnel like dirt. They actually openly forbid shop personnel to use bathroom up front, or park front part of the parking lot. They talked about safety, but really just cared about their reputation and often tried to treat fairly serious injuries in house to keep them off OSHA record.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Unrespectable management
My opionion
Class A Driver/Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 7, 2015
Management was unable to full fill their commitment in regaurds to hours because of lack of work in the oil field department,
Progressive company for pleasant workplace and benifits.
Drafting Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 4, 2015
Matrix Service seems to be a growing company. They have been looking for better ways to do the job of tank construction, with greater safety and quality in mind.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Many opportunities to learn.
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  OK & UTJuly 19, 2015
Worked 6-7 days a week. 10-14 hour days. Work was fun, plenty of freedom. Gained valuable experience in the oil and gas industry.
Pros
Pay checks always cleared
Cons
Little or no support of staff
Very productive enviroment
Project Controls Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cushing, OKApril 20, 2015
Matrix is a great company to work for. I wish i could stay here forever. The sad thing is that it is a project job, which means you're not promised to stay in the same town forever. I have two kids and would like to have a job that i don't have to worry about going to a different state. I want to find something that is set and stone, and that i can retire from
Large, growing construction company
QA / QC CWI (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 30, 2015
Overall good company to work for. Worked a number of projects with them and some were better than others, but I have the utmost respect for Matrix as a whole.
Strict yet productive work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKDecember 2, 2013
The work was very physical and somewhat mental. Some weeks we'd work seven days a week. I stuck it out for about three years because the money was alright. I was laid off with about half of the company last year.
Pros
decent people and decent money
Descent
Helper 1 (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAMarch 13, 2013
Descent to work for. Long hours short term . It is a refinery maintanence company With work all over the nation.
Pros
fast money
Cons
not enough work short term
Productive work place with hard working people
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2014
A typical day would be watching employees to ensure safety. I learned a little of how welding works and a bit about the oilfield where as it was my first time. The crew was very well put together, very hard working people. The hardest part about the job was probably the weather conditions but it wasn't so bad, just cold. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I love meeting new people and experiencing new things.
Great company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKAugust 4, 2013
This company has a very friendly staff. The benefits are great. The pay is good and you are given a lot of overtime. The only downfall to the job is sometimes you are gone for a week or two on a job and the job can be dangerous.
Matrix
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MONovember 13, 2013
Matrix is a place to work, not a place to get comfortable, the hours are long, the management did not understand how to make moral of employees go up. No incentive to move up in the company other than self motivation.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Worked in the reclaim area on pipe and equipment reroute.
Combo welder/ Pipe Fitter on project expansion (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZDecember 10, 2014
Safety meeting and get lined out on the work for the day. Check you area for animals and snakes before you start work. The supervision is concerned with your safety and well being. Watch co workers as the work goes on. When the wind kicks up dust. Having a safe injury free day
Work safe
combo welder (Former Employee) –  Hurley, NMDecember 10, 2014
Safety Meeting and stretch get lined out for the task of the day. As welds are made we have to move our tents. Supervision helps to keep water in the areas. We watch each other while the work is going on. Having to move so much. Helping to keep everyone safe.
very intresting
Welder/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 26, 2012
the job is intresting if you know what you are doing,i have lean a lot inrespect of tank bulding and repair.something you may encounter orbstarcle in the field of work with co-worker just be yourself.
every job is hard just belive on what your doing know if you are doing it right or wrong ask question.
Pros
n/a
Cons
1 hr only
Again all work no play
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CaJanuary 20, 2015
I worked 7/12's, the money was great but i had no time to spend it. Once i was laid off i had no more work.
The most unfar company I ever worked for and would tell anyone not to work for them
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Catoosa OkJuly 25, 2013
The manager was always looking for someone to fire or if a little mistake was made terminate them. treated me and other employees with no respect
Pros
nothing
Cons
never happy with my work even when i saved them money
safe working place with most
worker (Current Employee) –  nor calDecember 10, 2012
I've worked with matrix for some time,it's a safe place with most people but there some that take the risk.down fall of this company is its not what you know it's who you know that get ahead,seen my ups and downs in it.
Pros
safe, work, a job
Cons
its not what you know, who you know
safety first , quality , performance, team work
NCCER Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  belinham washingtonAugust 20, 2012
matrix service is a very good company, in quality of work and safety ppe, all tools , safety meetings. Safety first , quality of work, team work .
Pros
as a safe work, we get caps, free lunches.
Cons
safe work, quality

Matrix Service Company Reviews by Location