Matson Navigation Employee Reviews

Fabulous place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2017
The only reason I left was because they could not modify my work schedule. It had to be 8am-5pm no exception. With traffic it made for a 10 hour day.
Great compensation & benefits with nice people
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
Great culture. great compensation..
Too many hours of work all month long and during close.
No ability to work from home in Finance
a lot of changes to job descriptions
Got to have a connection or good relationship with director in order to be rewarded or compensated.
Strong team
Pros
food, nice people
Cons
too much work, too many hours
This could be an inaccurate rating
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2017
I was placed at Matson through a staffing agency, so I was never a hired employee. Nonetheless, I did work there, but I really have no idea about compensation, benefits, advancement, etc. since I never was privy to that sort of information as a contractor. I can say, however, that I felt that I was really cared about by management and co-workers, and this was a place that struck me as being on the up-and-up (no chatter behind your back, no wondering if any co-workers were trustworthy, etc.). Everyone was truly helpful and always willing to answer any question, and always would show you extra things you might not have known. I would say if someone were looking to be employed there that I would give a thumbs up.
I really love My job at Matson
AR Collections and Credit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
I really love my job and the people I work with, its a very good company to work for. There is just not a lot of room for advancement here in the phoenix office.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Hours
Great place to work if you're happy with status quo
ACCOUNT SPECIALIST II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2016
This was a great place to work at first but it was an eye opener having 2 college degrees and having outstanding performance on the job and positions going to people that had no degree and were not nearly as productive. Favoritism is huge at the customer service center in Phoenix.
Pros
can work from home eventually, lower standards of productivity, extremely difficult to get fired
Cons
no career growth, favoritism, management isn't always fair
Good work life balance
Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXAugust 12, 2015
Each day is a typical day where you continue continue to do what you did the previous day. Good thing is the company allows you to experiment but won't take big technology initiatives until becomes mission critical.
Ehhh...
Equipment Control Dept. Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2015
Company going thru too many changes that effects overall environment. Needs better technology and younger manager. Office is too stall. Too much micromanagment. Money is/used to be moderately sufficiently, but promotions and raises are now crawl movement. School reimbursment is sketch at best, if at all.
Pros
Used to be Pay (until you cap out)
Cons
Micromanagment, slow/no advancement, so-so office environment, no bonuses/perks
Ocean Freight company with trade routes to Hawaii, Guam, China etc
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2014
Reviewed daily reports on past due customers, contacted customers by phone or email to discuss past due freight invoices.
Learned about the ocean freight business using multiple systems needed to get needed information to discuss freight bills with customers
Management was supportive and demanded excellence at all times but was also being put under stress to meet expectations during trying times.
My co-workers were friendly and supportive.
The hardest part of my job was meeting each supervisor's expectation when the goals conflicted.
The most enjoyable was learning new things, contacting the customers and getting payment in a timely manner.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
long daily drive, temporary position, no benefits
A class act.
Third Mate, Second Mate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 24, 2013
Matson was a first rate outfit in all respects. It is also the oldest American steam ship company on the West Coast. God Bless the memory of Mr. R.J. Pfeiffer, and may the Aloha Spirit live on.
Fun place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 26, 2012
I worked for Matson for over 11 years. I learned about accounting and management. I was accepted for tuition reimbursement. The hardest part of my job was close duties for accounting. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with were fun and dedicated.
Pros
great opportunities to advance
Cons
working weekends

Want to know more about Matson Navigation?

Ask a question