Mattel, Inc.

Mattel, Inc. Employer Reviews

Needs management reset
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Great benefits. Great pay. The management is too concerned with bottom dollar. No worries about customer service or quality.
productive fun place
Senior Internal Auditor (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 6, 2015
productive fun place to work. plenty of learning experience. opportunity to travel.
A great place to work knowing you were making toys for kids
Pgmr Analyst (CA) & AS/400 Supervisor (TX) (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: laid off
Inventory management, production support, flow-charting, debugging.
Fun Work Place
Graphic Designer III (Current Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 4, 2014
Great working environment and great since of team work. Definitely learned every aspect of print production and how to output files for highest print quality. Work with assets for different licensed products. It can be a little labor intensive when we have to lam and mount on different substrates.
Keep your opinions to yourself, but the work is fun
Project Manager (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: good pay, good co-workers and you're making toys
Cons: treat temps terribly, always afraid of being laid off, management is frustrating
Loved the work, loved most of the people, but management is fear based and focused on self-preseravtion which makes anyone who speaks up a threat.

This traditional company is not willing to take many chances.

Also, I was a temp at this company for three years, did a phenomenal job and then let go with a 1/2 hours notice. Pretty brutal.
Amazing Place to Work
Marketing (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: creative environment
Mattel is a big family and the people, the talent, the level of innovation, the creative vision is what makes is such an amazing family to be a part of.
Terrible Culture
Senior Category Analyst - Target Category Captain (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2014
Pros: half day fridays
Cons: culture
Constant lay offs and reorgs. There is no job security there and Mattel is behind the times
Best company to work for
American Girl Place General Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great cafateria
Cons: can be a long commute
Several job opportunities within the company. Work/life balance is a priority. Onsite child care facility. Large company with excellent benefits .
Friendly environment
ASSEMBLY OPERATOR/DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Murray, KYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
•overseeing the production process, drawing up a production schedule;
•ensuring that the production is cost effective;
•making sure that products are produced on time and are of good quality;
•working out the human and material resources needed;
•drafting a timescale for the job;
•estimating costs and setting the quality standards;
•monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed;
•being responsible for the selection and maintenance of equipment;
•monitoring product standards and implementing quality-control programmes;
•liaising among different departments, e.g. suppliers, managers;
•working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals;
•ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed;
•supervising and motivating a team of workers;
•reviewing worker performance;
•identifying training needs.
The best place to work, Other than happiest place on earth!!
Asst Manager (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: have many company functions to attend with family
Cons: mattel, is a very well organized corporation.
The corporation is very well organized, staff is easy to work with.
Very Family oriented.
Good environment with high quality employees.
Key Account Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PROctober 24, 2014
Pros: fun fridays
Good environment with high quality employees in a fast changing environment. People development career path.
Great opportunity to manage world-class brands
Director, Global Promotional Partnerships (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAOctober 10, 2014
Great chance to manage large brands, such as Pixar Cars, from the pitch through the movie launch year product. Working with entertainment partners such as Warner Brothers on the TV show Batmobile.

Good mix of product development and marketing.
Always good to help customers and be able to provide great customer service
WAREHOUSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Industry, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: no con's
This was a great place to work at. Mattel was a un job and friendly environment. It was really cool to always see kids faces as they walk into a toy store and being able to pick what they wanted.
No comment
Procurement and Billing Administrator (Former Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 19, 2014
Support Global Procurement & Financial product ans services
Toys Locator
Clamp Forklift Operator Locator (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: 40% discount on buying mattel products
Cons: short breaks and no benefits
Working first shift for 6 am to 2:30 pm. Its fast pace work environment. Co-workers are friendly and honest. Most management need a better lesson on manage skills to workers.
Great experience
Seasonal Sales Representative (Former Employee), Asheville, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: great hours, good pay, great experience
Cons: always on your feet for long perioud of hours
There's always a since of accomplishment when working for Mattel Corp. You get good hours, stock shelves and makes displays of your own creation. And once your work is done and your product has been pushed, it give you the feel of confidence that you need to go on to the next day.
Productive, fun, and inviting environment
Packaging Intern (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAAugust 28, 2014
Mattel is a company that has been around for a long time but didn't feel old fashioned at all. They were very proud of their creativity as a toy company. When I first started I was blown away by the constant changing scenery. Giant hot wheel cars, Disney displays, and movie props lined the halls. It was a very fun environment and I immediately was asked what I was interested in doing. They really focus in on your potential as a professional in your field or being a manager in your field. It was a very proactive environment. They also let me expand my knowledge depending on what I was interested in. I learned a lot from the graphic designers I worked with because I wanted to know both sides of the packaging department.
Stock Associate
Seasonal Stock Associate (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2014
Open and sorted incoming and outgoing shipment. There I learned how to handle hard to please customers with discounts and large amounts of products. The management was amazing. Always helpful and quick to join in your troubles to get the job done. My co-workers were all dedicated and sharp when it came to product and customer service. The hardest part and most enjoyable part was pleasing the customers and large charity holders.
Best job ive ever had!
Security Officer (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAAugust 22, 2014
Mattel was the best job I ever had other then the Navy. I learned the logistics side of warehousing through my job as a security officer. Bill of laden and how to track a shipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting and meeting new people everyday.
Learning team work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: losing weight benefits
Cons: layoff
This job was a team job. It was hot positive spin I lost 20pounds and that was great . On platform with air guns to open molds hot molds with yard toys inside being very careful not to burn our selves. Management made sure we remembered safety at all times. We were a true family we took care of one another.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mattel, Inc.

Barbie is the platinum blonde in power at Mattel, the #1 toy maker in the world. Its products include Barbie and Polly Pocket – Read more