Mattel, Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical Work Day
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245November 30, 2017
Get your work done and make sure you do not miss anything so that the following shift does not have to report anything you didnt do. It is a very friendly environment to work in, employees are amazing and easy to talk with. As long as you do your part of the job you do not have to worry about management looking over your shoulder all the time.
Stressful and too strict about time off
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmot, WINovember 17, 2017
As a seasonal employee in the call center, you must be willing to give up the ability to request time off, be okay with a strict point system for sick days (we only get the liberty to be sick during 2 scheduled shifts in a 2.5 month period), like to get yelled at by people who let themselves get angry over toys, know when you're going to work a week in advance tops which makes it near impossible to schedule any kinds of appointments, accept compensation that is below industry standards, and not have your availability or working hour preferences taken into account when you're scheduled. Seriously I don't even know why they asked. If I could do it over again, I would have looked elsewhere for employment. And often I feel like I'm scamming old ladies into buying more than they need with the mandatory "soft sells" we have to make with no commission. Usually there's no time between calls whatsoever to even take a sip of water but best believe if they've over scheduled that you can be sent home with no warning and no compensation.
Pros
On Thursdays they give you popcorn on your break.
Cons
No benefits, bad hours, bad scheduling, don't listen to your availability.
great seasonal position
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 15, 2017
This is the best seasonal job I have worked. I learned so much about merchandising. I worked with many stores in my area giving me the opportunity to learn many different techniques. I loved toy fair and demo days getting to let customers learn about the products. I would still work here if I could.
Pros
great seasonal position
Cons
many hours at christmas
Would ntind working there again
Shipping Receiving r forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with mattel.very easy people to get along with an they cared about there employee..like that we were able to get overtime an work week ends
Pros
Good break to times clean warehouse well organized
Cons
Cold nights
lots of change
Customer Marketing - Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 6, 2017
turnover is high and a lack of processes mean that when people leave so does the process.The new CEO is great and the leadership is in place to make changes, but with a tremendous amount of cost cutting coming and the morale is extremely low and people are burnt out.
Industry is behind
Senior Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 6, 2017
The toy industry seems to be in it's final days. Too much competition from electronics that the business cannot keep on top of changing. It's a slow death
OK to Place To Work
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 4, 2017
I was not impressed. You work hard churning work and if you are the lucky few, you might be fast tracked to a senior role through their rotation program.
N/a
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2017
It's a great company to work at. Very nice and friendly people great atmosphere. I totally recommend to work at mattel. We have very good benefits and discounts.
Fun factory great people
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 26, 2017
Worked on an assembly line, the job was easy, cool in the summer, warm in the winter, worked with some great people, and had some really great supervisors.
security
Security Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 17, 2017
secuirty was fun from learning the tools of the trade to actually doing the work. people were great all the supervisors were friendly i had a wonderful time here and would gladly go back
Great workplace, but yearly layoffs no job stability.
Staff Designer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 11, 2017
Mattel was like a city in itself, the campus was awesome with multi cafeterias with award winning chefs. Daycare, Dry cleaning, employee Toy store and state of the art Gym for example. Stability and poor leadership was the only negatives, Mattel has 1-2 major layoffs yearly. The running joke was after 10 years when will my number come up.
Pros
Great campus
Cons
Frequent layoffs, Poor leadership
N/a
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2017
It is a very nice company to work at. Great Benefit, nice people. I have learned a lot working with this company. I would live to continue working but the situation in the comapny is not very well right now.
Fun work place
Checker/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2017
I would always start my day getting my paperwork and labels ready for when the fork lift driver starts pulling boxes for the shipping loads for that day. It would be like that for the whole day.
Pros
Got 3 breaks
Cons
Very hot during the summer
very unsafe
Fork Lift Operator & Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
you are required to work hard inside a truck for a small pay,
and in order to hit rate you would have to give up half your break

not worth it.

I didn't liked working there
Great pmace to work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 26, 2017
You get to play with toys half the day. Test out the new power wheels. Watch the adults and children play with the Demos you set up. Also help the parents finding the right age appropriate toys.
Pros
Get to check out news product
Cons
Not enough work hours
Mattel is/was a great place to work
Senior Project Designer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 25, 2017
I had a great career at Mattel as a doll designer. I quit my job to stay at home with my children, but that is probably the only reason I would have left. I loved what I did.
Pros
Fufilling work
Cons
Long meetings
Review Summary
Producer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 25, 2017
The greatest place to work in terms of whom you work with - the producers and Vice Presidents are all sweet, caring and amazing people. The company itself is unstable.
Mattel Sales Representative
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 22, 2017
I love this company because it encourages growth and creates a positive environment to learn and grow. We can have fun while being professional. I would encourage all who have fun in sales and promoting new items to take part in building with Mattel Inc.
Great Place to Learn
Design Director (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 21, 2017
Mattel is a great place to learn new skills and advance in your career. You work hard but are paid well. The creative work and the resources you have to create products is amazing! Plus the skilled people at Mattel are great to work with and learn from. If you want to know the toy industry then work at Mattel!
Great Cafeteria Food on site
Paralegal, International & Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 15, 2017
Excellent management. HR is fair and confidential. Very generous company to work for with 5 hour weekdays on Fridays. Daycare subsidized on site. Toy Store on site.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
Too far away from where I relocated to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattel, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.