Mattel, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Checker/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 6, 2017
I would always start my day getting my paperwork and labels ready for when the fork lift driver starts pulling boxes for the shipping loads for that day. It would be like that for the whole day.
Pros
Got 3 breaks
Cons
Very hot during the summer
very unsafe
Fork Lift Operator & Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 2, 2017
you are required to work hard inside a truck for a small pay,
and in order to hit rate you would have to give up half your break

not worth it.

I didn't liked working there
Great pmace to work
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 26, 2017
You get to play with toys half the day. Test out the new power wheels. Watch the adults and children play with the Demos you set up. Also help the parents finding the right age appropriate toys.
Pros
Get to check out news product
Cons
Not enough work hours
Mattel is/was a great place to work
Senior Project Designer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 25, 2017
I had a great career at Mattel as a doll designer. I quit my job to stay at home with my children, but that is probably the only reason I would have left. I loved what I did.
Pros
Fufilling work
Cons
Long meetings
Review Summary
Producer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 25, 2017
The greatest place to work in terms of whom you work with - the producers and Vice Presidents are all sweet, caring and amazing people. The company itself is unstable.
Mattel Sales Representative
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CASeptember 22, 2017
I love this company because it encourages growth and creates a positive environment to learn and grow. We can have fun while being professional. I would encourage all who have fun in sales and promoting new items to take part in building with Mattel Inc.
Great Place to Learn
Design Director (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 21, 2017
Mattel is a great place to learn new skills and advance in your career. You work hard but are paid well. The creative work and the resources you have to create products is amazing! Plus the skilled people at Mattel are great to work with and learn from. If you want to know the toy industry then work at Mattel!
Great Cafeteria Food on site
Paralegal, International & Regulatory Affairs (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 15, 2017
Excellent management. HR is fair and confidential. Very generous company to work for with 5 hour weekdays on Fridays. Daycare subsidized on site. Toy Store on site.
Pros
Great Benefits and Pay
Cons
Too far away from where I relocated to.
Updated equipment and safe
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth TexasSeptember 13, 2017
The equipment is up to date and is checked on a weekly schedule to insure our safety. Equipment is always available to use. Easy learning instructions makes it fast and easy to find product. Very spacious isle and easy to pull material for assembly lines.
Pros
Cons
Really short breaks
Best Job in my life.
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 10, 2017
I loved this job and was sad when I had to relocate. I don't know that I'll ever find a job I love as much. I met so many great friends and colleagues while working there.
Good Product Line.
Sales and Merchandising (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 7, 2017
I enjoyed promoting Mattel's product line. The line included Hot Wheels, Masters of the Universe and Barbie. I put together promotions at the mall in Chicago with models who represented the Masters of the Universe characters. This all goes way back! I needed to secure shelf space in retail stores such as Toys R Us.
Fun and exciting
cashier (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 17, 2017
Very fun job, good money, but very hard to make job permanent. Seasonal employment is about the only time Mattel hires so if you wanted to make this permanent i would advise looking for another job.
a great team that worked well together
Cameraman-Editor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 11, 2017
I learned new editing and graphics software that has allowed me to advance in my profession. Also, the work was challenging, but rewarding and the projects I worked on have enhanced my video production reel.
productive
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 7, 2017
Mattel can get really busy and we are timed to finish a project. lunch would be 30 min long. break every 2 hours only 10 mins. but the vibes are amazing a lot of great people.
Excellent work environment with lots of growth opportunity
Executive Secretary, Inventor Relations (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 30, 2017
Plenty of work to do which was interesting because of the product - toys. Great workplace environment. Excellent benefits and compensation. Several opportunities to move to different departments. Wonderful H.R. department.
Pros
Great daycare center for babies to kindergarten age.
Cons
Long commute
fun company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 10, 2017
Excellent company to work for and a fun job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to help the kids decide what toys they want to buy and is the most safe
Mattel
Seasonal customer service rep. (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
Mattel is a good seasonal place to work at, The hours are mostly early morning and some weekends, you are helping customers located product stock. correcting or adding price tags, checking store plan-o grams.
Pros
Good company
Very nice place to work
Sr Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 27, 2017
There is a lot of work to do so you will not get board I work in the Corp office as IT desk top support. 15 floor and any users call to fix things and sometime long hours.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
SOmetimes long hours
Efficient work place
Associate and Team lead (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 20, 2017
Worked on application called EDI which is called as electronic invoice

Generated through as400 coding development to get the shipping notice

have knowledge in other managerial activities
Layoffs every quarter
Financial Analyst (International) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 20, 2017
Some nice perks, but it's a very controlling environment where everyone is watching what everyone else is doing. They have layoffs almost every quarter and that's hard to handle after a few years. Starts to make you twitchy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattel, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.