Mattel, Inc.

Mattel, Inc. Employer Reviews

A fast-paced, energetic company to work for and to have fun
Lease Database Management (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 25, 2014
Pros: emphasis on work-life balance, no boring positions!
Cons: minimal workers for maximum efficiency makes for hectic schedules.
The day started at 8, unless you were a long-distance commuter. Then, the working hours were flexible. Free coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc. was available, as well as Starbucks for purchase in the cafeteria. A great varied lunch service was provided in the cafeteria with emphasis on healthy eating. I started as an administrative assistant but over time – more... learned and grew to the point where I was able to assist in the purchase of a new, more functional database for the corporate real estate department! Management takes a real interest in the development of talent within the corporation. I always worked well with my co-workers and team work is a serious part of the culture there. The hardest part of the job was keeping up! We were so busy and multi-tasking all the time, but the challenges met were worthwhile. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it is a toy maker! It was fun to work there and occasionally glimpse new toys in prototype, and the company picnics were a blast! – less
Great
Consultant - Global Marketing Manager - Disney (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 10, 2014
Excellent work environment; great people! Offices are nice. Creative environment. Frequent celebrations and travel to California.
Great place to work if you have if you have a family!
Project Manager Associate (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: half day every friday
Cons: it's a corporation
Mattel is a great place to work if you have a family. They're very understanding and supportive. The people who work there are great! I've had a good experience.
Productive and fun workplace but got to love kids and toys
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wilmot, WIApril 28, 2014
Pros: we get holiday gift boxes and bonus if we reach our goal during the holiday season
Cons: short breaks and sometimes don't even get one
I love kids and seeing them happy, all customers are usually happy coming into our store.
it was good
blowmolding (Former Employee), Murray Ky.March 31, 2014
It was a factory that was a ok place to work until they closed the factory..
seasonal delivery driver helper
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Industry, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: ride shotgun
what else i can i say, ride shotgun in the big brown truck and help the driver deliver packages
Mattel is a great company to work for
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAFebruary 23, 2014
The environment and culture at Mattel is high level. The company offered employees challenges to conquer for growth and provides excellent benefits for a well-balanced life.
Best Company EVER!
Consumer Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: everything
You cannot beat this company. Mattel knows that people are what make the company work. It takes care of the employees and believes in providing benefits that are family-oriented and employee friendly. How many companies have you known that will have "mental health" days just so that you can relax no matter how much you love your job?
Productive, challenging work place with a lot of multitasking.
Multi Unit Controller (Current Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice people.
On a typical day the morning starts with checking on the the catering orders on line or on phone, assisting the caterers. Printing cash reports from previous day, entering AP/AR. Preparing copies and sending reports out to the central office. Cashiering at the "rush hour". Counting daily revenue, making deposits to the bank, if needed ordering change, – more... get ready the cashiers' register for the next day. Ordering office supplies, safety shoes for crew. Checking on time cards, printing reports, have them signed.
Nice people, nice environment. The hardest part to be able to multitask. – less
Great place to work and grow, but it is not child's play
Associate Producer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 23, 2014
This was a great job where I learned a lot from being involved with many fabulous projects. I was the only one in my position to manage both the US design team and Hong Kong development partners, which made me have long hours. The compensation and benefits were great and I could take long vacations to rejuvenate. Definitely a bonus!
Looks great ship it
Sr Manager - 3D Design / Sculpture / Softgoods (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: super fun job
Cons: high stress, no job security
The toy industry is a fun place to be... however as jobs moved over-seas... not as much fun...
Very demanding and fast pace environment
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAJanuary 9, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was playing with Barbie. They also have short days on Friday.
Learned time management well
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2014
This job allowed me to learn time management and how to work with customers and other people in the work place.
Leading Team/Support and Enhancement
Tibco Lead/Sr.Consultant, Tibco India, Pune (Current Employee), USAJanuary 5, 2014
Leading Team/Support and Enhancement
Re-Engineering / Enrichment
Great Company
Seasonal Representative (Former Employee), Longview, TXDecember 27, 2013
Pros: travel, determine your own schedule
It was a lot of fun to work for Mattel (it is a toy company after all)!
My favorite place to work
Web Producer (Former Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 11, 2013
Pros: the cafeteria!
OMG! I became a Hot Wheels web producer for the HW International division. A lot of work came from our team in a very short time. With the guidance of Ernie Lafky, senior web producer, everything seemed to integrate smoothly.
Fantastic corporation to work for.
Retail Service Associate (Current Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: only a seasonal employee.
5 stars Flexable hours. Interactions with customers. Assigned to visit local stores and stocking shelves with products. Mileage reimbursement.
Best company ever
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), El Segundo, CANovember 22, 2013
Even though I was laid off (which is why job security gets one star), still by far the best place I could have ever asked to work. Great benefits. Great work/life balanceā€¦ just awesome!
Good company that takes care of their employees
Package Design Intern (Former Employee), El Segundo, CAOctober 3, 2013
Great company and culture with great benefits. A nice mix of seasoned and brand new employees. A bit old school in design thinking in terms of doing truly new or creative thing. But its a great place to learn and grow.
Great Company
Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee), El Segundo, CASeptember 24, 2013
Had an absolute blast working here. Everyone here seemed happy to go to work, and the people are just generally fantastic.

About Mattel, Inc.

Barbie is the platinum blonde in power at Mattel, the #1 toy maker in the world. Its products include Barbie and Polly Pocket – Read more