The National Sales Manager, Retail is responsible for developing and growing Matteo’s retail business. Matteo’s retail business includes Matteo’s flagship store at ABC Carpet and Home in NYC, and the company’s Los Angeles showroom. Additionally, the Retail Sales Manager will develop and grow the Matteo’s online business at www.matteohome.com.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The prime responsibility of a National Retail Sales Manager is to increase sales at Matteo’s retail outlets – ABC Store, LA Showroom and purchases made through www.matteohome.com ;
- Manage ABC Store Manager and ABC Sales Associate;
- Work with ABC Store Manager to make sure ABC store is reaching its daily/monthly sales targets;
- Work with ABC Store Manager to promote Matteo products through ABC promotions in store and online;
- Develop special events for trade/retail to promote Matteo products;
- Create advertising and promotional campaigns to increase trade and retail customers;
- Manage Los Angeles based Matteo Showroom;
- Order and maintain inventory in LA Showroom;
- Manage Showroom Coordinator and LA Showroom Sales Associates;
- Oversee visual merchandising at both retail locations;
- Develop database of current retail customers;
- Send online announcements and updates to retail customers through Matteo newsletter program;
- Obtain knowledge of all Matteo products to be able to train sales manager and associates on the different Matteo products;
- As company grows, hire, lead and manage sales associates;
- Develop monthly and yearly sales goals, and track sales to make sure retails sales are meeting company goals;
- Communicate any information regarding fabric shortfalls, production issues, delivery deadlines, etc… to customers if necessary;
- Meet regularly with Executive Team to discuss marketing and sales issues strategy.
Job Skills and Specifications
- Responsible for meeting and possibly exceeding the annual sales goals and objectives of the company;
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities while working on simultaneous projects;
- Ability to communicate effectively with managers and other related customers;
- Experience managing a staff;
- Ability to increase the client base for the organization or the company;
- Possess outstanding written and verbal skills;
- Possess outstanding communication and selling skills;
- Possess outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Self-motivated, driven and result-oriented.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of five years of past working experience in sales and retail/consumer products servicing environment.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY. NO RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION.
To apply for this position - please submit your cover letter and resume to http://www.matteohome.com/jobs.