MATTEO was founded in 1996 to create simple sheets from the most luxurious textiles in the world. MATTEO’s philosophy is deeply rooted in the desire to awaken the spirit of American manufacturing by fashioning sewn textiles made in United States. Our corporate culture is focused on innovative, creative design that meets a production process that strives for perfection. Our linens are exclusively distributed by the finest specialty stores and interior designers. The full range of the MATTEO collection can be found at our flagship store within ABC Carpet & Home in New York and our showroom in Los Angeles, CA.
Matteo is seeking a Shift Supervisor to serve in a first-line supervisory role for our manufacturing facility. In your role as a Shift Supervisor, you will rely on process improvement skills in order to develop and grow your team.
As a Shift Supervisor, you will directly manage and coordinate the activities of our team and will be responsible for all facets of shift operation. You will ensure that all production efforts meet the highest standards of quality and will maintain a focus on continuous process improvement.
Specific duties as a Shift Supervisor will include:
- Maintaining consistently high quality standards at all points of service;
- Ensuring that your assigned shift is staffed with employees possessing the right variety of skill sets;
- Holding employees accountable for established performance expectations;
- Implementing process improvements based on feedback obtained in meetings with customers;
- Conferring prior to your shift with the supervisor from the previous shift as to project and workflow status;
- Providing management with regular updates on production results;
- Ensuring continued process improvement;
- Enforcing company policies;
- Executing and complying with a human resource strategy designed to reflect a learning organization;
- Allocating man-hours and supplies to meet weekly schedules and forecasts;
- Participating in organizational meetings;
- Making rounds of the production area to monitor progress;
- Lead by example to ensure a safe and clean working area at all times;
- Adjusting workflow to take breakdowns or other problems into account as needed.
- As a Shift Supervisor, you must be a forward-thinking self-starter with solid organizational skills and the ability to drive process improvement;
- You must also be a strong and ethical leader with a high degree of integrity and a commitment to firm and fair staff management;
- It will also be important to have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to learn how best to motivate your team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Knowledge of TPS, Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen philosophy preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
NO RELOCATION OR EMPLOYMENT SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE.