Mattress Firm

Mattress Firm United States Employee Reviews

loved working there becaause of the people
Store manager, Dispatcher (Former Employee), carrolton tx.April 29, 2015
Pros: base level employees
Cons: Management and corporate office
Loved being there, the other employees were great. The draw back were going in every day wondering what management would complain about today. It kinda seems like a rudderless ship, what is a rule not to do today you will be called on the carpet for tomorrow. advancement with this company is not based on what you know but who you know.

I was passed over 5 times for a promotion so that my boss could promote his drinking buddies, and then have me train them.
I very much enjoyed working at Mattress Firm
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2015
Pros: Very team oriented, felt like family. Plenty of one on one time with management and vendors.
Cons: Very long work weeks, 10 hour days and on big sale weekends 50+ hours required.
I felt that my area and district managers were like family.Outstanding training in sales technique and product knowledge. The company had excellent practices of promoting within the organization. I myself was promoted to Store Manager within weeks of returning from training at the Home Office in Houston, TX.
Very competitive market.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Ability to transfer nationwide.
Cons: You work all weekends and Holidays.
You are your own boss. Must be able to work independently and make decisions. Management is there to help. There are regular training sessions online. Stores have one to three associates. The hardest part of the job is moving mattresses. The most enjoyable part are the guests.
Cool place to work, not challenging
Manager (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleApril 17, 2015
A nice place to work for but it is impossible to make real money. Thankful for a job to say the least. Very long hours and never weekends off.
Overall, a Great place to be for many many reasons
Market Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Growth, income, training
Cons: Work Life balance, and challenges that come with an extremely fast growing company
Great Growth, Income, Culture!
Work life balance is a constant challenge to manage, however more often than not, the pros outweigh the cons.
Great opportunity for growth in emerging markets.
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Naps
Cons: Long hours
Developing such a future-forward culture starts with identifying and defining beliefs. Then, these collective beliefs are developed and strengthened through a sense of responsibility, leadership, integrity, passion, innovation, teamwork and success. From there our core values take on an expanded meaning that is shared and reinforced every day by every member of the team.
Mattress Firm
Manager (Current Employee), Ft WOrthApril 8, 2015
Great place to work for if your single with no kids and you love commissioned sales. There isn't a very good work/life balance with this company. But a lot of room for advancement
Great place to work on body language and closing skills. Taking away pocket objections.
Manager (Current Employee), MentorApril 3, 2015
Pros: Down time to train and learn.
Cons: Quite a few but nothing is perfect. Why focus on the glass is half empty.
On any typical day I sell sleep. Take care of problems right away if there are any. I learned a new simple buying process that is effective. Management is very helpful to make any deal possible. My co workers and I are all the same. We try to have fun doing what we do. The hardest part of my job here is when we have training weeks. I am away from my family for to many hours that week. The most enjoyable part of my job is giving a solution to my guests problems. I sell sleep here. This makes it easy because my competition sells mattresses. I know, I shopped them all.
Performance Bsed High Energy Work Environment
District Sales Trainer (Current Employee), Garland, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Competative Salary with high bonus potential
Cons: Long Hours and time away from family
A typical workday would include most of the following: Help guests navigate thru unique sales process and make a bedding selection. Set sales goals and follow up with progress. Assist managers in the training program with onboarding and becoming a successful sales professional. The hardest part of the job is staying ahead of sales goals and maintaining knowledge about new products. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of an awesome team and getting to help people improve their lives.
Long Hours
Store Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 27, 2015
The work life balance is terrible. It is not commensurate with the pay. The job is not hard and management is easy going as long as you perform. The monotony of it can be disheartening. Good job for someone fresh out of school.
Nice place to work if single
Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
Make sure the store is clean and Mattresses look good. Help customer decide which bed is best for them and close the sale. Also moving mattresses around. Employees are great to work with.
Terrible place to work with morons in charge
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 21, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: everything else
This would be a great place to work if idiots didn't run things. This place is very depressing to work at based on how they treat you. The schedule is made a month in advance so trying to get extra time off is extremely difficult. If your willing to kiss some butt to get ahead then this is the place for you. If your not one of the popular kids then get prepared to be stuck at one of the poor performing locations till you either quit or get fired for not being able to sell beds. Not the job if your looking to have an enjoyable experience and move up in the company.
Company went public and employees got the shaft!
Sales Associate/ Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 19, 2015
Pros: training
Cons: almost everything else
Used to be a great company to work for with great benefits and the ability to make a lot of money right out of college. After the company's IPO the culture focus shifted away from the individual employee over to the shareholders. You have to drink a LOT of cool aid to have even a remote chance to advance. A ton of favoritism and the pay structure is terrible! If you have a family, like spending time with them and don't want to work weekends, you may want to stay away.
Excellent Company
o Area Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityMarch 16, 2015
Pros: low-stress work environment. excellent compensation. growth opportunities
Cons: retail hours
I'm glad I chose to career-path this company. Management is invested in your success and we have a culture of teamwork, feedback, and encouragement.

If you're looking for a new and rewarding career, seriously consider Mattress Firm.
industrial job
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Mebane, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fexiable 12 hr shifts
Cons: weather
Well I actually had a job we're I worked alone... so I can't comment on the the co-worker topic. the job it self was pretty much easy and productive, just load and unload the dye machines and make sure they run correctly. The hardest part about this job is the weather in the summer its about 110 on a good day and in the winter freezing.
Review
Store Manager (Current Employee), North Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2015
Mattress firm is a great place to start working right after college it does offer advancement if you would like to stay with the company, but it is retail and summer and weekend activity are limited.
Good Opportunity
Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Gives you a great chance to make money. It does require a lot of hours to be put in on average 50-60 hours per week and that is without counting the holiday hours. They are very accommodating and take very seriously their culture.
Slowly took away the things that made me accept the position in the first place
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: lots of autonomy throughout the day
Cons: zero work-life balance
I was hired with the expectations of one particular schedule (8 hour shift out of a 10 hour work day, split with another colleague) and slowly that began to be taken away, creating longer and longer shifts throughout the week, and days off that weren't static. As a single parent, that made making child care arrangements for my children very difficult, and also left me very little time to seek other employment without using what little personal time we had. I was very excited to get hired on with this company, as my friends who worked there had been there a very long time, and told me it was such a great culture. But the changes in my work schedule became a real problem for me and my family. It would have been one thing if I had been told from the beginning that we would be expected to work a 55-60 hour work week. But I was told that the Cincinnati market only worked 40 hours, maybe 50 during a big sale(holiday) week. In addition to that, I found out after leaving that I was passed over for a promotion after 4 out of 5 people on a panel selected me for the position because, even though I was the best candidate for the job, I hadn't been with the company for 12 months. This wasn't a prerequisite for the position, or I wouldn't have applied. Overall, I really enjoyed this position at the start, and made some great friends, but things went downhill very quickly. Very few of the people that worked there when I started are still with the company, and that includes people who had been with the company for several years.
great compant to work for
Manager (Former Employee), HoustonFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: thorough training
Cons: put people in parts of town that may not be safe.
It is a great company to come to work. They have a thorough training process and help after training. They want their employees to know all aspects of the company, so they start you off as a sales rep. They go through a thorough training process. As an employee, you progress you can end up in a high position in the coporate office.
Better place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh,paFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: advancement can happen, good work environment
Cons: long hours
I do enjoy my job the company invest a lot into its employees there is just no time for life outside of work with the long hours here

1 2 3 4 5

About Mattress Firm

Mattress Firm currently operates over 1100 locations across the country with plans to continue to grow. What began with one store – Read more

Mattress Firm Salaries