Mattress Firm Employee Reviews

Great people, poor pay
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2017
They commission structure was recently changed and resulted in a large pay cut. There are many days where you don't see any customers, making it harder to make decent money.
Pros
Lots of down time for homework, supportive management
Cons
Lack of opportunities to sell
Needed to be closed reopened for many reasons
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
Managers were not to there game. Schedules never like they should be. Supervisors didn’t care about you. Friendly coworkers environment is relaxed but work is fast paced really fast paced
Pros
Discounts on bed and accessories
Cons
Bad management and unorganized
Lots of change
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 13, 2017
There have been many changes at mattress firm in the last several years. Some good, some bad. The biggest issue is there are too many store locations in San Antonio, so you end up competing with your co workers for sales. The compensation plan has changed twice in the last two years and not for the better, it is harder to make good money there anymore. The management plays favorites a lot and it is hard to advance to a higher level in the organization. There is a lot of downtime day to day but that can get very boring.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
Too much free time equals no sales, so no commission
Slow Paced and no work life balance
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2017
This would be the perfect job for a person in their 70s with no living family. They provide no work life balance with 50 plus hours a week sitting in a store possibly seeing nobody all day. Also the benefits are extremely expensive. If you have a family good luck it costs about $500 a month for the cheapest possibly coverage with has about a $10,000 deductible.
Pros
Watch tv all day on ipad
Cons
no breaks, low pay, long hours, no family time
Very long days usually by yourself with some upsides
Store and Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2017
5-7 years ago it was an amazing company to be at where the staff was doing well. Now with the company cannibalizing itself so much it can be very hard to make decent money as a sales associate unless you are in the right locations. Now with stores on top of each other you have 10 hour days with little to do. You can only clean, organize, and train so much.
Fun work place and great co workers
Assistant Store Manager/Charity Coach (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VA 24073October 10, 2017
The company was high energy and loved to keep their employees excited about their job. Usually mattress sales would come off boring and slow but the team made it all worth it. They thoroughly train you and prepare you for your duties
Pros
Laid back work and fun environment
Cons
Long hours and mandatory weekends made it hard for work/life balance
Don't work here
Warehouse Operations Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJOctober 10, 2017
The job is stressful and has sporadic levels of high productivity. The workers are very cordial but the company itself is not organized nor logical in the way that they work. Management focuses on less important issues while the important issues go unacknowledged or addressed. Management does play favoritism towards disruptive employees. The computer systems used by the company are archaic, outdated, slow and not user-friendly.The process and procedures held by the company need to be re-evaluated.
Money Potential but no life.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2017
You work 10 and sometimes 12 hours a day. If you can relate to people to can make money. Unless you want to be an AM there is not much growth here. Work life balance is horrid. People are willing to help and coach you but it is numbers driven.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential, yearly bed discount
Cons
Only 3 days are holidays a year, no weekends off.
n/a
Delivery driver/Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 8, 2017
i would load trucks with product and get ready for the days deliveries. i would also unload the trucks shipped for warehouse deliveries. I learned more on the delivery work life and learned how to deliver better customer service.
Balanced, with a hint of stress
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2017
Some days it is difficult to work for this company because there are a a few co-workers who just don't want to work. I am ready to go, excited to start my day and work and I have to wait until I have a partner who also feels this way to get the day started. Sometimes management does something, other times they don't do anything. I would like to be able to work! I got hired and was told there would be opportunities to advance and receive benefits but there has been nothing said about it since. I would like to find a career, with a company who wants to put me to work that I can advance in and add to my list of skills.
Slow placed environment
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 7, 2017
A typical day at work was waiting around for a guest to walk in. I learned more techniques on how to gain rapport. Management was little help the associates. Workplace moral was very low. The hardest part of the job was the hours. I had to work every weekend and holiday. The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
A lot of downtime
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 6, 2017
Good place to work. The company gave me an opportunity to explore many different departments. I was trained in sales, customer service, and how to be a high performer in all work actions.
Easy but long hours
Sales Representative/Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
Very easy job. You do have to sell since you are on commission. No sales, no money. Selling isn't that difficult and you commission is pretty great. We sit on our butts for most of the day and easily earn 50K. The only super negative thing is the hours. You will be working a minimum of 46 hours a week. On holidays it will easily get up to 60.

Easily job with awesome people. But hours suck.
Pros
Good pay, Easily responsiblities, Great Co-workers
Cons
Commission varies paycheck to paycheck, very long hours, works weekends
Decent pay but not for family life
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2017
I enjoy the training, and the culture and the philanthropy driven community. However if you have a family or enjoy your "me" time this job does take a toll on your work/life balance.10-12 hour days.
Pros
commision or salary
It was fair place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2017
Mattress Firm is a good work environment. They offer full time work, different areas of work, and advancement with in the company. I enjoyed the people that I worked with.
Mod(Manger on Duty) (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COOctober 4, 2017
I have been here for 2 years and they have been the best two years, everyone from our DM, on down. Our Management team care about your success, and they are there to help,
Competitive and potential good money
Store Lead/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Colerain, OHOctober 4, 2017
If you have any interest in sales its a good place to work. The bedding market as a whole has taken a bit of a dip with all the new competition, but its the largest bedding retailer in the country and there will always be money to be made.
Long hours and lots of down time.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 3, 2017
Your expected to work 50 hours a week and usually 11 hour days. It starts at showing up to a store 30 min before you open at 930 then you are there till about 810 or so at night, everyday. If you have a bigger store you might get doubled up. If not your are by yourself for the whole day. You don't get a break or lunch, you just have your downtime to cook something in a little tiny microwave, or eats something cold out of the small college size fridge. Its all about numbers and if you are liked. If you are liked then you will most likely get a bigger store, but if you don't succeed you will get bumped. You are left on a island most of the time the training is half hazard and communicaton with a big company is awful with different markets doing whatever they like.;
Pros
easy work
Cons
no lunchbreak, training, pay, management
Mattress Firm is a great place for the self motivated
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 1, 2017
If you're a first one in last one out kind of person then Mattress firm is the place for you. In order yo succeed you really have to dig into the technology of these beds and know your stuff. That and consistent training on the CBC method.
Pros
Good pay for good sales
Cons
Not a great place for building a family
Great Opportunity
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 30, 2017
Mattress Firm is the largest specialty bedding retailer in the world and their management training program is 1st class. If you listen to your supervisors, and execute the program, you can advance. This was the best retail experience I ever had.
Pros
Great training, organization, communication, and environment
Cons
retail schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattress Firm. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6