Mattress Firm

Mattress Firm Employee Reviews

No family Life
Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: no lunch break
Work is everything and family will be affected. Long hours, no respect for family time. Compensation is ok. Company is growing to fast and is forgetting about their employees.
An average job that sort of traps you
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 25, 2015
I made pretty good money after averaging commissions and salary. The salary is $30,700 for new hires, assistant managers, managers, and area managers, and you can earn commission based on sales. I was very good at my job, so I earned around $47,000 to $55,000 on an annual basis, but most employees earn just below $40,000 a year. The hours are retail hours, but they tend to extend them longer than most other companies do, and there are mandatory Saturday meetings at 8am. On those Saturdays, you end up working about 14 hours. The benefits plan is actually pretty good. It includes medical, vision, dental and 401 with 2% match. It's very hard to maintain a work-life balance, though. Lot's of new hires with families end up quitting early on due to the lack of balance. Essentially, this was a great job for gaining experience, but it's almost impossible to grow within the company if you want a raise with the promotion. Here, promotions are pretty much just arbitrary positions given to make people feel special, without actually raising their pay.
Working at Mattress Firm
Manager on Duty (Current Employee), Gadsden, ALJune 24, 2015
Pros: Positive work environmet and lots of down time.
Cons: No work/home life balance.
It is a 10 hour minimum shift (10-8) Usually we will have conference calls before our shifts. We have Saturday Sales Experiences which requires me to drive to Birmingham for a 7:45am meeting on Saturday mornings. I live 2 hours away. There is no home life/ work balance. I am expected to work 50-70 hours a week.
Long hours and down time.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 22, 2015
Pros: Base +commission, downtime, not too much micromanging
Cons: long hours, no holidays off, terrible work-life balance
Being with Matt Firm for a year a typical day consists of long hours and lots of downtime. Pay can be good depending on location and also selling abilities. Great Training and Culture.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Sanford, FlJune 21, 2015
Great place to work. We get to help people everyday with a component of their lives. Helping people sleep better! But the typical day is a little boring as we sit here and wait in between Guests and that could be from 30 mins to all day sometimes. Im used to being on the move all of my work day.
fun jobs
Sign Holder (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: get to have fun and do my thing
Cons: dangerous on the corners
This job fits me I wiggle and twirl the sign making sure people see me and the sign attracting customers with my tricks. doing everything my boss tells me to do and coming early and staying late helping out people making sure everybody has what they need
Sr Accounting Clerk - AP (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
Pros: Peope
I loved working at Mattress Firm. The people were really good to me. The benefits were very good. They sell a great product.
Good place to learn sales skills
Store Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2015
Great training and a good place to get started in the sales field. Long hours mostly working alone in a store with very few customers
Overall a good company to work for
Risk Management Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
Pros: Day of charity work, flex hours, bonus
Typical day at work was very fast paced, multi-tasking work environment with flexible work hours. My co-workers were nice but unattached and busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I was working for a quality company whose CEO cared about their employees and charity work.
Great company for learning how to sell.
Sales and Logistics (Former Employee), Houston Tx,May 28, 2015
Pros: high energy, always changing, easy, office hours 10-4
Cons: Promote friends and not the best employee, bully style of management
Self motivated people do well.
How to run and grown a business.
Hardest part is dealing with the nepotism the company has.
Most enjoyable part is mattress industry is exciting and always changing.
Co-Workers are usually out going and easy to work along side.
Management rarely has skill set to do the job they have.
High turnover.
Productive, Fun great place to work, always learn something new
Associate (Former Employee), Laredo, TXMay 18, 2015
Always would give excellent Customer Service , your co-workers always help you in anything you need. the company provides you with professional training.
Great Salesman
Assistant Sales Manager/Store Operations Leader (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Monthly sales meetings, free food at meetings, team building events, commision, and base salary
Cons: Weekends mandatory and Sometime work 10 hour shift alone.
This company is great and since working here has really enhanced my sales career. i have learned valuable techniques that I can apply to my sales management career.I love interacting with my co-workers and customers everyday and how the company prides itself on making sure our guest gets the best quality of sleep. We really do believe in treating every guest like a celebrity and give them the best shopping experience ever.
Don't Work on the Sales Floor
Multi-Channel Sales Support Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
I started on the sales floor, only to find out that the company does not care about the salespeople. They continue to open new stores across the street from each other, which only steals commission dollars from the salesmen. If you can get a job in corporate, the hours are better, and the compensation is decent, but with the growth of stores and increase in sales, we are unable to keep up with the demand, and have to deal with frustrated customers on a daily basis. Growing pains are to be expected though, and since this is still a growing company there is a lot of opportunities from within.
A laid-back atmosphere
Store Manger (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 2, 2015
It has a very laid back atmosphere and it is amazing place to work at in some aspects. Your co-workers appear to be to very helpful, there is sense of camaraderie. They are very and there is an emphasis on being a team. Others are lacking severely. It is very difficult to advancement in this company. There appears to be or this is a lot of nepotism. The work/life balance is non-existent. As the you work 50 hours a week on average. More on holiday weeks and the monthly saturday morning meetings and workshops.
loved working there becaause of the people
Store manager, Dispatcher (Former Employee), carrolton tx.April 29, 2015
Pros: base level employees
Cons: Management and corporate office
Loved being there, the other employees were great. The draw back were going in every day wondering what management would complain about today. It kinda seems like a rudderless ship, what is a rule not to do today you will be called on the carpet for tomorrow. advancement with this company is not based on what you know but who you know.

I was passed over 5 times for a promotion so that my boss could promote his drinking buddies, and then have me train them.
I very much enjoyed working at Mattress Firm
Sales/Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2015
Pros: Very team oriented, felt like family. Plenty of one on one time with management and vendors.
Cons: Very long work weeks, 10 hour days and on big sale weekends 50+ hours required.
I felt that my area and district managers were like family.Outstanding training in sales technique and product knowledge. The company had excellent practices of promoting within the organization. I myself was promoted to Store Manager within weeks of returning from training at the Home Office in Houston, TX.
Very competitive market.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Ability to transfer nationwide.
Cons: You work all weekends and Holidays.
You are your own boss. Must be able to work independently and make decisions. Management is there to help. There are regular training sessions online. Stores have one to three associates. The hardest part of the job is moving mattresses. The most enjoyable part are the guests.
Cool place to work, not challenging
Manager (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleApril 17, 2015
A nice place to work for but it is impossible to make real money. Thankful for a job to say the least. Very long hours and never weekends off.
Overall, a Great place to be for many many reasons
Market Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Growth, income, training
Cons: Work Life balance, and challenges that come with an extremely fast growing company
Great Growth, Income, Culture!
Work life balance is a constant challenge to manage, however more often than not, the pros outweigh the cons.
Great opportunity for growth in emerging markets.
Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 8, 2015
Pros: Naps
Cons: Long hours
Developing such a future-forward culture starts with identifying and defining beliefs. Then, these collective beliefs are developed and strengthened through a sense of responsibility, leadership, integrity, passion, innovation, teamwork and success. From there our core values take on an expanded meaning that is shared and reinforced every day by every member of the team.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mattress Firm

Mattress Holdings Corp (DBA Mattress Firm, Inc.) is a publicly traded organization (MFRM) founded in 1986 in Houston, TX and has – Read more

Mattress Firm Salaries