Mattress Firm Employee Reviews

Good entry level job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 6, 2016
good experience for fresh undergrads, terrible initial training, long hours, no life work balance, pay close to minimum wage, it takes a lot of time to move up within the company and education is not valued inside the company, it doesn't matter if you have a high school degree or a PHD
Pros
good culture
Cons
slow
Passionate Company
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Good culture. The training program is designed to teach and build on previous knowledge. Company does a lot to focus on employee engagement and works to create better work/life balance.
Great Compnay
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Best company to work with, good pay, culture, Bonus,long hours but very good company to deal with.
Benefits are great, very enjoyable team.
5 days a week job, 2 days off.
Alot of loading and unloading
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 22, 2016
Load and unload truck. Call customers to inform them when delivery will be made. Interact with all customers. Sometimes return or replace old merchandise.
Pros
Weeky pay, seeing different parts of city.
Cons
Delivery driver was horrible to work with.
Amazing Company!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 16, 2016
What mattress firm lacks in work life balance is easily made up for in culture and compensation opportunity. From the family like environment in store to the community service activities out of store they are awesome!
Ok, but inconsistant
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2016
1/3 of the stores are busy enough to make a good living. Pay has been decreased, but hours remain the same. Corporate is completely disillusioned about the frontline employees.
Pros
Not difficult job
Cons
Lacks stability, and it has become more & more difficult to make money.
Not terrible, but not great.
Sales Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2016
I absolutely adore the culture for this company. I learned tremendously and this experience was a great resume builder, however, when I interviewed for this position the work life balance did not counteract my experience with the salary.

Unfortunately it is commission based, so I actually earned barely 28-30K (Your base pay is 26K) when I worked for the company. This company is so heavily aggressive when it comes to out-doing the competition that it unfortunately caused their market to be hypersaturated.

Great training, great management with people, great leadership team for guidance. They LOVE to promote from within and they love to help you strive to get better. This company is amazing from the culture aspect, but as a college student that needs to pay the bills, this wasn't the life for me other than the ambassadorships. :/
Fast paced and very busy no standing still. Good benefits. Good company.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, CTNovember 11, 2016
Punch in. Get my PIV. Pick up my order sheet. Then start to pick the products and place them on a cart then unload them in the order sheet compatible ship dock. How to use different Pallet Jacks. Management is pretty good on working with you on certain things. Co-workers are good and easy to work with. Not being able to spend much time with my family. You do not get two day weekends only one day off in weekend and one day off during the week. And you do not get any vacation time on Xmas and Thanksgiving, you only get that one day off. Working with the people in the warehouse, my coworkers.
Pros
Worker appreciation, Birthday Parties, Discounts on products and other companies
Cons
No two day weekends off, No vacation on special holidays like Xmas or Thanksgiving or New Years
Terrible place to work
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2016
If anyone with power does not like you then you might need to go look for another job. No rules and regulations. Management zero and no good decision makers. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Cons
everything at Mattress FIRM
Good for college grads
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 8, 2016
If you have a family, want to have much of a social life, or even want to finish your day with a sense of accomplishment which will drive you into the next day, Mattress Firm may not be for you.
Pros
Minimal Physical exertion
Cons
Long hours. Uneventful. Deceitful.
Good Place
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 2, 2016
Easy job, difficult hours, but overall can be good if you have the drive. Must be willing to put in a lot of hours and work to eventually earn decent salary. 60+
Not a bad job, but not the best job either.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
If you are an introvert, this job would be perfect for you! for the most part you are sitting behind a desk not doing anything. It beats having to be on your feet slaving any day but when you get your check it definitely shows. Its hard to make a sell when you don't see any customers.
Pros
not micro managed, great coworkers, overall a great drama free work place
Cons
slow traffic in low volume stores, hard to make budget, can be boring at times
Great Job Out of College to Advance In
District Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 28, 2016
The pay is pretty and it is a great place to get your first taste of sales. It is very challenging as goals are not easy to hit but if you work hard and use the training you will be successful. They really invest in training and leadership development here and are very focused on volunteer work and giving back to the community.
Its n okay workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 24, 2016
It's a job for someone with no life and doesn't mind working 50-60 hours a week with no overtime pay. They do advance you quickly sometimes but it is not always because you did well, they have a high turn over rate.
Company has no integrity
Management (Former Employee) –  Great PlainsOctober 24, 2016
Most people that work in this place have family. Top 5% of the company CEO, CFO etc. earn the most which is normal. 2015 I used to make around 75k to 80k now just 30k. I have a family to feed, mortgage to pay and other bills!!! I am pretty sure I am not only person who feels this way about this company. Also with the abnormal growth past couple years a whole lot of changes will come sooner than you expect. They just got rid of all middle management which is really sad.

Dear employees of Mattfirm, whatever that speech you heard about more advertising and more earning potential, you all know that is not true. That is just to keep the stores open and to keep you in the meantime. Markets that are not making it, as far as budgets you guys will close soon. They just close two stores in my market, I am certain that by the end of 2016 few more will close.

I am just looking out for my fellow loyal employees to keep an eye on different career paths just in case that happens. Which highly expected that it will.

I used to love this company, I used to love my job, I used to be so proud where I worked. Now, let's just say I don't work for Mattfirm anymore. I've never been so happy.
Pros
Knowledgeable Sales Team
Cons
No money, Hours, Constant change, many more
Changed Pay and suspended 401k match
Sales Professional - Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXOctober 21, 2016
Changed pay and sales professionals making less money. They also just suspended 401k matching. Insurance benefits are good, but not great.
The best part of this job is not having this job
store manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 20, 2016
They feed you a whole lot of lies about how much money you make how you will get paid where you will work.
Basically comes down to this is highschool.
Do you have friends in the right places?
Came to mattress firm in the merger of sleepys and it was literally finding out a new lie everyday.
Pay decreases weekly. Absolutely an insulting paycheck.
They pit you against your coworkers, so don't believe that culture speech.
District managers are absolutely worthless and have no clue how to run a successful business.
So if you like to be yelled at overworked tired and broke, go for it.
You cant learn anything as the only good sales people were smart enough to leave! (note how many jobs are posted to fill immediately)
Pros
You will love the day you leave!
Cons
if you like to be not cared about this is for you
Culturally diverse organization
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2016
Engaging organization with a focus on leadership and employee development. The company is committed to providing education and tools to better serve the sales team
Pros
Organization does not micro manage it's leadership team
Cons
There is a ceiling to advancement opportunitiest
High Turnover Rate
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTOctober 15, 2016
Days are very long and it is a company with limited resources. Also too many grey areas in the company with future plans. As a store manager we are responsible for all operations of the store. (Finances,Returns,complaints,etc.)
Pros
good hourly
Cons
no overtime, commission rates are bad
Went downhill after buyout
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 7, 2016
Pay dropped, advertising went away, and we became a babysitter for a store for 10 hours a day. You get $10.88 and hour to be a ticket writer. The job used to be fun and worth the hours, now there are stores on every corner and everyone is cannibalized themselves
Pros
Easy to do
Cons
No work life balance and pay is horrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattress Firm. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4