Mattress Overstock Employee Reviews

great place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Humble, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: being your own boss.
Cons: sometimes you may not get a day off for 14 days
This company is a great place to work. you are the boss they dont stand over you or micro manage your work. The earning potential is endless at 20% commission its the highest I have ever known in this indusrty.
Bad working conditions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: pay plan is good
Cons: no lunches or breaks
Not the place you want to be if you want a work life balance.
There is no lunches or breaks in your typical day. HR is very one sided they do not want to hear what there employees need to
succeed just how they can spend the least amount of money.
hard place to work for
In stock Manager (Former Employee), McHenry, ILJanuary 16, 2014
very hard place to work for company turn around is horrible sales are always down so sometimes there is no work
Good company to work for if you're happy with making decent money, but without chances of advancement.
Store/Area Manager (Former Employee), Katy, TXMarch 26, 2013
Pros: good commission structure, spiff programs, benefits, and not overly micro-managed.
Cons: no potential of moving up within the company.
I enjoyed my time with Mattress Overstock. I worked my way up to a store manager position within four months and became an area manager right at my one year anniversary. Six months later there were some upper management changes and at they time they decided all new opportunity salary positions would be outsourced. I worked with some very talented co-workers, but most had left by my departure. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to give my clients a better quality of life by assuring that they purchased the right sleep set for them.
The sky is the limit
Manager (Current Employee), texasFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: culture, compensation
Mattress Overstock has provided all the tools to be very successful. The pay plan is the best in the business. I have so much fun here, that I do not consider it to be work. My time here has tought me to have a owner operator attitude.
Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2012
I ran open and close procedures, while also assisting customers pick out the perfect mattress for them.
I learned that one person can soley run a business