MAURERS TEXTILE Employee Reviews

Worst job I have ever had.
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 5, 2017
There is no structure to this company at all the turnover rate is unbelievable, there's a new manager every few months, the owners of the company are to expansion hungry making for continuously growing routes with not enough people to cover the businesses without making for a 50 to 65 hour week..

And then after you are moved to Route pay overtime is only half-time.
Pros
Cons
They do not care about there customers and they do not care about their employees.
Large opportunity for growth, hard work is rewarded
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 28, 2016
Hard work is recognized at Maurer's and there is ample opportunity to progress within the company if you are willing to engage with your role and take it to the next level.

During my time at Maurer's, I was able to work in multiple business areas and learned a lot about the industry and the structure of the company. I was given challenging projects and had a lot of autonomy with the overall process and design, which taught me so much about the importance of clear communication, time management and paying attention to detail. I received a lot of support and guidance from company leaders, which helped me gain confidence and ultimately prepared me to take on more responsibility in a different marketing position.

Overall, anyone who is hard working and goal driven will excel at Maurer's.
Productive and challenging work environment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2016
Working a Maurer's is interesting and challenging which I love. Anyone who has the desire to do a good job and is willing put in the time, will be recognized by management. I've witnessed owners working on weekends and holidays!

This company values each and every customer and they go out of their way to make doing business with them enjoyable. Maurer's is a first class organization.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
Challenging
Communication
Administration (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 31, 2016
Communication is the key to success.

MAURER'S strives to help individuals grow.

I see great things happening and great people making it happen each and every day.
Pros
Every one listens to new ideas.
Cons
Implementing new ideas can be challenging.
most miserable place I've ever worked
lead worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 24, 2016
The owners sister ruins the whole job experience add she micro manages everything and makes confusion on who's really in charge and it's one of the rudest most obnoxious people I've ever had the displeasure of meeting, there's no room for advancement and the pay sucks as well as very disorganized management . The turn over rate is ridiculous when the owners sister decides to come out on the floor and get rid of people she sees as unworthy to work for the company do there is no job security .
Pros
Cons
poor management no loyalty to employees
Great Place for Future Advancement
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  lansing ,miAugust 7, 2015
Each day you get to visit your customers and take care of there needs by delivering them products that help there business operate.The products and the equipment that is provided by Maurer's is first class.

My manager is great he helps me achieve my goals.

The owners are in the plant and around all day to make sure issues are fixed fast.

I look forward to advancing to a management role soon...
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Fast Paced
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lansing,MIMay 26, 2015
The environment is always fast paced and allows for input to change things for the better. Customers are the top priority!
Pros
flexible work schedule.
Cons
Growing company so things are always changing.
Great place to work progressive company.
Production lead worker (Former Employee) –  Lansing,MIApril 28, 2015
Great place to work the owners are hands on and open to change..
Very progressive company always open to improvement management and owners are hard working. Co-workers are all easy to be around very stable and clean work place.
Pros
Always growing
Cons
Always being challenged to improve
Janitorial Work,Sort Clothes
Sort clothes, janitorial work (Former Employee) –  MINovember 2, 2014
Janitorial Work,Sort Clothes
At Maurers Textile I sorted dirty clothes from whites and different colors, I washed and dried the clothes, and I did janitorial work such as sweeping and moping the floors.
Miserable and Poor Paying
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Lansing MIDecember 11, 2013
If you have any plan of maintaining your integrity or idea of what good customer service is, forget about working here. This is the poorest managed company I have ever encountered and I am embarrassed to say I work here. The only way this company keeps customers is by forcing them to sign 5 year plus contracts that auto renew without any notice. Walking into a business wearing a Maurers uniform is beyond humiliating, nearly every customer hates them. The only way they keep their employees is by forcing them to sign no competition contracts. Everyone that works here hates their job.
Pros
Cons
14+ hour days, poor pay, horrible management
Not a good place to work
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  LansingDecember 15, 2012
Not a good place to work at all. The company offers poor training. The CEO will not talk to you. The staff is not happy. You will work too many hours. They disregard DOT regulations. They encourage unsafe work methods. If you get a day off during the week you will have to work the weekend. They promote idiots. Lots of people quit this job. Worse job I ever had.
Cons
no real time off, no real breaks, non intelligent managers