Maurices Employee Reviews

Manager was great
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIJanuary 19, 2018
Manager was great and always tried to work with the employees. DM was horrible and didn't care about anything except sales. The company wants you to follow people around like a puppy dog and keep asking if they need help when they have clearly said no or don't even want to make eye contact.
Pros
manager
Cons
everything
Very customer service oriented, fun, fashion focus
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 19, 2018
As a stylist so much fun. Customer service is number. Love the fashion we sell. Great discount. Have to be a people person. No person goals. Team goals.
Pros
Fashion, make great connections
Cons
No work-life balance
Fun retail job
marketing and merchandising excellence (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJanuary 18, 2018
I worked there over 15 years ago and i am sure things have changed greatly. While I was there, the job was fun and low stress. Loved the employee discount on clothes.
Wonderful experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 17, 2018
My manager always hired wonderfully kind people to work in the store which created a very fun environment. The company supports their employees and provides lots of little perks.
Greatly enjoyed this job
Temporary Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Dells, WIJanuary 17, 2018
This job was a lot of fun.
They invest in their employees to become strong leaders.
Maurices believes in a good work environment.
Lots of incentives that makes work enjoyable.
Great company, bad location
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 15, 2018
While I love the Company's culture and mission, I was unfortunate enough to be in a location with a bad store manager. The management growth opportunities were great, and the company has a very good thing going for them. Personally, I was just unhappy by my store manager and the lack of engagement from my district manager.
Excellent Company with room for growth
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Excellent company with room for growth! There are ALWAYS learning opportunities to get you to the next level with the right team on hand. Although the brick and motor at most stores are taking a hard hit and most locations are closing, I would definitely recommend working at Maurices. They gave me my 1st management opportunity and I couldn't have been more than grateful. It's a fun filled work environment where not only does your team becomes your family but the loyal customers become friends and family as well.
Pros
Amazing discount
Cons
store closing
Terrible
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Minocqua, WIJanuary 12, 2018
My grandma was sick and in the hospital, and they were not understanding of that at all. Then, I was having complications with my pregnancy and was put on bed rest for a week. My manager told me that it was “completely unacceptable”.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Rude, cold hearted m
Maurices is awesome
Assistant Part Time Manager (Current Employee) –  Oneonta, NYJanuary 11, 2018
Love working here and the company, sometimes their ideas can be a bit behind the times but it's okay. It had okay management the only thing I didn't like at my location is there was little to no work life balancee and I was only part time!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Platteville, WIJanuary 10, 2018
I loved Maurices, but as the time came to going back to school, it just wasn't an ideal job for me. I couldn't afford to drive to work everyday for it and it didn't pay enough for the amount of effort I gave everyday.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, OHJanuary 10, 2018
When I worked here, I loved it. It was exciting to come too work and love your job. I got to dress how i wanted and be myself. I met the nicest customers and I had the most caring employees and managers. It's relaxed, a little competitive, and a simple retail position
Fun Work Environment with Amazing Customers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJanuary 10, 2018
Maurice's is such a fun and caring place to be. We care about our associates, and give lengthy training to set them up for success in their roles in the store. We see our customers as family and love to get to know them; learning about what they like/don't like, what their home life and professional life looks like, to make better suggestions for her wardrobe!
Pros
Fun work environment, great benefits, supportive training program.
Cons
Career advancement, hours
Company in bankruptcy
NA (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Difficult to know what the future holds for this company. Stressful and negative work environment. Broken relationships with customers, suppliers and associates will need to be mended before the success of the company can be secured.
Stressful with constant change of management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 9, 2018
Constant conflict of trying to find managers for the store. While there was temporary managers coming in from other stores, they all wanted different things to change with the store, giving me and the other employees a hard time trying to keep up with everyones different opinions. This drove a lot of employees, including myself, to become so frustrated with the way the management was treating us. From my knowledge, since I left, this is still the case for the remaining employees.
Pros
Good Discount
Cons
Stressful push from managers, Confusing work hours, Hard sell to customers
Very productive, fast paced work environment
Manager, Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 9, 2018
Great 94 years old Family business, where people are #1 priority.

Friendly understanding people, always ready to help.

Good benefits.

Modern office space.
Nice workplace
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 8, 2018
I️t is a great workplace just not something for me because I dont want to be in retail the rest of my life. But great pay and great benefits just a lot of hard work behind I️t.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
maurice
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 7, 2018
love my job fun place to work nice people to work for fair and understanding managers when in need of time off could use more hours a week the off seasonis hard on the paycheck
Great job for those who love retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 4, 2018
Management was great, loved my co-workers and working with fashion all day. I was not interested in moving into a store manager position and that was the only job that would pay what I hoped to make. I knew it was time for me to seek other opportunity though I was sad to go.
Pros
Nice team atmosphere, positive environment
Cons
Low pay, no benefits for part time, full time hard to find.
Work where you shop
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJanuary 4, 2018
People focused company, Work Life balance is strong, but due to downturn in enonomy has become for money focused and less people focused. Peer group was great and strong sense of unity. Upper Management slightly out of touch with work groups needs and impact of their daily decisions.
Energetic, friendly, professional work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baker City, ORJanuary 3, 2018
Typical day at Maurices is a blast, greeting customers as they enter the door, help them to fitting rooms, organize the clothes on the racks, maintain a clean and friendly environment, stock items, pricing items, being one of the first people to see the new trends as you put them on the floor. Great coworkers that truly care about the company and customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maurices. Our community is ready to answer.