maurices Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNApril 21, 2016
Maurices delivers great customer service and a very organized way. Great company to work for and the people I worked with were like family.
Fun and customer service orientated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNApril 20, 2016
Maurices has a very fun working atmosphere and is customer service orientated.
I enjoyed the lifelong friends I made while working there, coworkers and customers.
Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 20, 2016
A great company,that allows growth and one on one coaching. I love the day to day interaction we as a team have with our local customers.
Fun but unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXApril 20, 2016
I loved coming into my job just for the fact that I love talking and meeting new people. Also picking out that perfect outfit for someone and seeing them feel confident in it makes me feel amazing! Two out of the five managers were very professional, as to the others constantly gossiped and never got their task for the day done.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 18, 2016
Even though I was a seasonal worker, I really enjoyed working at Maurices. The managers along with the co-wrokers were always in a good mood and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a customer find a new outfit that really makes them feel good.
I absolutely loved my job at Maurices.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILApril 15, 2016
Working at Maurices was so rewarding. My managers were wonderful, and actually cared about their employees. As well, my customers became more than just familiar faces to me. There was absolutely nothing better than when one of my customers left 100% satisfied and excited to wear her new outfit.
A great day at the work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMApril 15, 2016
I feel that a typical day at work should be fun and still be able to get the job done. I have learned how to work with many different kinds of people and how to handle any problem that comes my way. The management team is great and I know that if I need to go to them I can. My co-workers are great they all work as a team. The best part about my job is when I can help someone fine what they need.
busy and hectic
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 14, 2016
This company provides cute clothes but they over work the managers and pay them the same as a sales consultant. there should be better pay for the amount of work and overtime each employee is required to do.
Pros
Clothing
Cons
Income
Human Resource Assistant
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAApril 12, 2016
Daily headcount, scanning documents, orientation, application review, keep track of interviews and results, keep track of employee production, create documents to assist management. Create spread sheets to track data of turnovers, hiring process, and rejected applicants. Assisting the company in transferring all information into computer systems.
Retail life
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAApril 5, 2016
Retail is always tricky, I really did enjoy working here. The management would ONLY schedule me on days I said I couldn't work (2 days of the week)
Pros
Fun experience
Great Learning experience
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIApril 5, 2016
I loved working with juvenile and helping with substance abuse treatment. I was one of the staff members to administer IRT (Intensive Rehabilitation Treatment). I have learned how to process court request and month end reports while working at MSC.
Amazing place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corydon, INApril 4, 2016
The best job I have had, a lot of room for promotion(which is always great.) All of my co-workers are great, it's a great environment to work in. My favorite part of my job is being able to put outfits together for customers and to see their reaction when they love the outfit.
Great job
Maurices Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARApril 4, 2016
Its a fun place to work and to love what you do. I normally go in a and I get celebrated at the beginning of each shift and then I normally help customers pick out some clothes for their event they are going to and then follow up with checking them out at the cash wrap.
Fun work environment and great benefits
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2016
Great place to work, productive and competitive environment. Sales atmosphere. Loved working with customers and community
Great Company
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownsburg, INMarch 27, 2016
Maurices is a wonderful company to work for, in a typical day I open and close the store in which I work. I also set up interviews and conduct interviews process payroll. Assist customer in there selection on clothing and give them one on one customer service. I assist the store manager in all aspects of running a store properly. Some things I have learned is how to coach employees, training and development of employees. Since I started with maurices three years ago I have promoted up in the company to first assistant manager. I have also been at three different locations with each position. The management at each location was different and each store manager has taught me something new. I would have to say that the location I am at is the best because this store manager has taught me the proper way to run a business as if it was my own. I know each job have a hard part, I would have to say the hardest part to working at maurices is the difficulty when trying to promote to a store manager. I would have to say the one thing that I enjoyed the most is the customers. If it was not for my regulars customers and even the new one coming and assisting them in finding the perfect outfit.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
short breaks and working every weekend
Great Company with a good vision
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNMarch 24, 2016
Definitely a great company to work for and they have such a good vision on how they want their employees to treat the customers. I learned a lot on what it takes to have patience and that not everyone has the same opinion as you and that's okay. The best part of the job was being able to help lovely women find clothes they feel beautiful and confident in.
Fun environment, love inerfacing with the customers
assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALMarch 17, 2016
Was allowed to work in a friendly, safe, clean environment. The store manager was friendly, down to earth, and was very knowledgeable about Maurice's internal workings.
Pros
Good environment!
Cons
Not enough hours
Values their customers
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTMarch 17, 2016
Maurices values their customers and are great to make sure their customers are #1. A typical day at work was going in to either open or close the store, set a sales goal and help the customers find what they are looking for, coaching the team throughout the day, and helping with store tasks. I learned a lot at Maurices. For three months we were without a store manager and I stepped up to the plate and ran the store in this time. I learned how to balance and improved my time management skills. I had coworkers who were easy going and amazing to work with, and coworkers who were hard to work with as any other job. The hardest part of my job was the work/life balance. A lot of the time my work took over my personal life because the girls were not properly trained and I was there every step of the way to make sure they were confident in what they were doing. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a leader and helping the customers. I loved setting goals with my team and watching a customer walk out satisfied with their purchase.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Was not organized
great company
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  The Dalles, ORMarch 15, 2016
The company and its values are outstanding. There are some really great people working there and I enjoyed the company. There were some flaws in management that resulted in quite a high turnover rate at the particular store I was at. I wish they gave more options as far as transferring and building yourself with the company.
Pros
company takes care of employees
Cons
management conflicts.
Great company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INMarch 14, 2016
Maurices is a culture of care. Our number one priority is always the customer. We are empowered to do whats right and they will always have our back as long as we have our customer at our best interest. Talk about a company that is customer obsessed.

They invest a lot of time and money into their employees. Providing great training and opportunities for advancement. They are always looking for ways to improve and are always open to feedback.

A typical day at work is busy! From a managers point of view there is everything from looking for the next recruit, to constantly coaching and training the current team, getting all those daily tasks done, while never losing sight of the customer always being number one.

The co-workers are amazing. Such a great group of people who love fashion and people as much as I do.

At the end of the day the most enjoyable party of the job is giving women the confidence they didn't know they had. It's amazing how good clothes can make a woman feel. In the words of Anne Klein, "Clothes aren't going to change the world, the women who wear them will."
Pros
discounted clothes, fun work environment, room for advancement
Cons
nights and weekends