Maurices Employee Reviews

Very Social, Fast paced job with good discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 1, 2017
A typical day at work includes folding many clothes and talking with all the customers who come in shopping. You help the customers find what type of clothes they like and what they are looking for in peticular. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day and the short breaks. The best part is the discount you get working there and being able to work with friendly co-workers.
Pros
discount, fun co-workers
Cons
always on your feet, draining/tiring
Excellent opportunities for advancement
ASSOCIATE STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIMarch 25, 2017
Maurice's offers a wide variety of rewards and bonuses to any manager who is interested in putting in the work to accomplish very well-defined goals. Mentoring the sales associates is enjoyable, and the company provides a full library of resources for making the mentoring process productive. Managers may put in long hours, but none of the work is tedious or stressful. All of the people I met through the company were very kind and supportive.
Pros
Good pay, good resources, nice people
Cons
Can be long hours for managers
Fun Place to Work
P/T Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 8, 2017
fun place to work, the company is very good to it's employees with free products and incentives to earn but don't expect to advance. As far as advancement, it doesn't matter whose more qualified so much as who sucks up the most and is willing to go to higher ups to report on their coworkers. Lot of employees only work there part time while working a full time job and there are regular scheduling conflicts, very high turnover, lots of people quit without any sort of notice.
Pros
free product, employee discount
Cons
lack of advancement
Awful don't waste your time
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria txFebruary 7, 2017
The maurices in victoria tx is the worst store I've ever been in. Like ever. The management is poor and only make snide remarks about everyone. They dang near fight over who will ring you up. They definitely make brownie points by ringing people up. Only one girl was polite and plesant to be around and was helpful. The other associates didn't do anything but order her around and came running when I wanted to check out. I over herd them making derogatory statements about everyone in the store even other employees!!!. Very unprofessional. A bunch of high school girls on a power trip. SHOP ELSEWHERE....
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Worst management I've ever seen
Up beat and fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZMarch 20, 2017
This is a nice place to work if you do not need to work full time. It is a fun but very busy place,always have something to do. Great company that takes the time to train their employees and offers a lot of incentives. Amazing people to work with.If you love retail you will enjoy this job. Just not a career unless you are willing to relocate and become a manager, otherwise great place to work.
Pros
Incentives/rewards
Cons
mostly part time
Loved working at Maurices but needs better management
Assistant Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOJanuary 31, 2017
helped customers find what they are looking for,
I learned the management expectations,
in the end of working there we got new management,
it was a great place to work at. I just believe the management needed to get better. Even with the new management that came in,
the company have unrealistic expectations for one person to do on their own, working with all the customers was my most enjoyable part of working there. I loved being able to helping them find what they where looking for.
It used to be a fun and exciting place to work but when managers can do and say whatever they like and overstep so many boundaries it isnt okay.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 30, 2017
I loved working at Maurices when I first started. I was a manager in fact. But, the thing I could not stand the most was all the drama around the store. Not only was their drama on the floor but most of the managers only know how to dis employees and guests and talk oh so highly of themselves. Associates are here to be taught what to do not to be made fun of by how they work or how they interpret new workplace meanings. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Great discount if you use it enough.
Cons
If you dont purchase things monthly you get introuble and managers will suspect you of theft. Drama.
Produtive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corbin, KYJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day at work for me includes assisting people on helping them find the perfect outfit and starting them a dressing room. Checking on them often is a must. A daily task is checking people out whether they use cash, credit, debit, or checks. At the end of the night, I help close both registers. I also process a lot of stock and put it out on the sales floor for others to buy. The hardest part of my job would be always feeling like I could do more and wanting to succeed. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing new individuals almost everyday and interacting and getting to know them on a more personal level.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short Breaks
Perfect if you want it to be your only facet of life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 8, 2017
When I was single, this job was perfect! It's great to be a part of a retailer that genuinely wants women to feel good about themselves, HOWEVER, the demanding work schedule leaves little room for free time or anything aside from living and breathing Maurice's.
Pros
Discount, engaging environment, opportunity to meet new people, benefits for full-time
Cons
NO work-life balance
Welcoming, overall nice place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 8, 2017
The managers are all very nice and helpful, they get out on the floor and help sell items to customers as well. Very flexible with scheduling, and super understanding. Everyone is like a family! The only reason I left was because I barely got more than 4-9 hours a week (like everyone else) and the pay was less than $9. That is not even close to sustainable, even for a college student. Everyone else has a second full-time job, again not a good choice for a full-time student. However, those are the only negative things about Maurices, as I never even got a rude customer. Definitely a good first or side job!!
Pros
Managers, customers, discount, flexibility
Cons
Low hours, low pay
Fun Workplace
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at work is completing daily tasks, and providing excellent customer service for our shoppers. The communication between the majority of the staff is great, especially the managers. I believe the hardest part of the job is making sure every worker is on the same page. The most enjoyable part of my job is sending LIV (our customers) on their way with a smile on their face and happiness with the product they had bought.
Fashion Forward!
Front Line Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 21, 2017
I loved working with Maurices; they have a completely different approach to their customers than more retail stores do.

It's not about the customer coming in and leaving with a bunch of merchandise, it's about making sure they have such a good experience that they want to come back again and again. It's about making connections and building friendships.

Working here improved my own social skills and trained me to work on a register. I worked with a small group and all the job responsibilities were worked on as a team.

The store manager and assistant manager always checked in with how I was doing and what I could improve on.

However this company is very fashion forward, it's your job to know what's "in" and look the part from your hair and makeup, to the kind of shoes you're wearing.
Fun and exciting Place of Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 4, 2017
Maurices has been beyond any type if retail job I could have imagined! Their internships are incredible and you learn a lot through them. I was able to stay on and be an assistant manager after my internship which challenged me in new ways and kept me on my toes. I have loved every aspect of working here and could not have asked for a better team to work with.
Pros
employee discounts, coninually get new incentives for reachng goals
Sterling Colorado Store
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sterling, CODecember 14, 2016
I don't know if it was just the Sterling Colorado Store or what, but not welcoming. The catty attitudes, and passive aggressive behavior made me go for a position elsewhere. The customers were great, and I enjoyed that so much. Very sad the group of young women were so unpleasant. Not enough communication. And very passive aggressive. Be warned.
Also there is no 40 hour shifts, unless you are the store manager.
Pros
Good pay for management
Cons
Attitudes of employees were awful
Fun upbeat place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 10, 2017
Wonderful place to work with great managers. Always something new to learn. Loved working with the new fashion and floor sets. Upbeat music to listen to while working which makes the day fast.
Wonderful customers who love to return to the store and become regulars and feel like friends.
Pros
Discounts, upbeat place to work.
Cons
Working nights/weekends
Wonderful company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GADecember 8, 2016
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.
There does seem to be a bit of confusion down the chain of command however.
Not everyone seems to have the same information so it makes it difficult to understand what exactly you should be doing. The customer focus is a great plus for this company but after that everything seems to get a little lost in the wind. I would still recommend this company to anyone would love a fast paced retail job.
Pros
Good baskets, discounts
Cons
Lack of communication
Great team/ Odd hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 30, 2016
The management team is great, there is always a manager on site there to help you learn and guide you through your work day. The hours have not been the best but was told in beginning of initial interview what hours could be given at time. Have wanted to progress in hours but so many other ladies work in rotation so hours spread out and vary. Schedule is different each week. Not the best position for someone who likes routine. Very high energy. Co workers are friendly, very helpful, and easy to work with. Trying on clothes and taking pictures is part of job, great for ladies that love fashion.
Pros
Incentives, nice co workers, good start out pay
Cons
The varying hours
fun place to work and learn a lot about leadership
store manager (Current Employee) –  michiganMarch 8, 2017
This was the first job I ever had that I didn't dread going to work. They company puts a lot of time and effort into training and make it a fun place to work.
Pros
FT healthcare, leadership training, rewards assocaites for work
Cons
compensation is not ideal for someone with a college education and school debt
Fun workplace but greedy for sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here and had hopes of advancement but the only problem was the constant sales goals requirements. If you don't make enough sales or get customers to sign up for credit cards then they will cut your hours.
Pros
Working at a clothing store
Cons
Constant hassle for sales and store credit card sign ups
fun flexible atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 20, 2016
Here you got to work with the public which I thoroughly enjoyed. There was not much mental work in this position and sometimes work was slow so this was a little boring to me. I wanted something where I could keep busier either mentally or physically or both.
Pros
Working in the mall, working with people, discounts on clothes
Cons
not enough mental challenge

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maurices. Our community is ready to answer.

92%