maurices

maurices Employee Reviews

My Day
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Danville, ILJuly 16, 2015
Customer Service was always the first and most important thing. When we didn't have a customer we always kept busy by stocking our check out lanes and keeping work area clean.
Sales sales sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spanish Fort, ALJuly 14, 2015
This is a position that you must drive and meet sales goals. I wouldn't recommend this position as a first time job. Although you could learn a lot of selling skills from this position.
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Topsham, MEJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Extremely flexible work schedule. Friendly work atmosphere and customer based environment.
Cons: Poor management in some aspects
Excellent entry level job position with some areas of education and health benefits. Not a career goal based environment, poor management in some aspects, also with constant revolving employee hires.
Very positive place to work.
sales associate (Current Employee), 200 Mall Cir Dr, Monroeville, PA 15146June 27, 2015
At Maurices it is typically a hard working day. When a customer would come into the store I would greet them and ask them if they need help looking for anything. If they said "No" I would tell them about the sale and let them shop around. When they get clothes they want to try on I ask to get them a fitting room. Every 2-5 minutes I would check on them to see how everything is going so their experience at Maurices is the best that it could be. After they got the clothes they would want to buy i would bring them to the front and check them out at the cash-wrap.
At Maurices I learned how a lot about customer service and how to deal with different type of people. Also how to understand problems from different view points.
Maurices
First Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Anderson, INJune 25, 2015
Pros: teemwork
Cons: scheduling
Maurices is a great place to work if you are looking for fast paced advancement. Everyone works together to accomplish daily goals and other duties that needed to be finished.
Super fun work environment, awesome clothes
assistant manager (Former Employee), DixonJune 19, 2015
Working for Maurices was so much fun! Helping customers feel and look their best was a great feeling. There was so much potential for growth in the company, it was outstanding. The employee discount is a huge bonus! The clothes there are awesome!
New environment for me.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2015
I was a sales associate good environment, great people planning on moving to management, but in that time frame I was working towards new goals in life trying to succeed in what I do and that is perfect my business goals and working in a different areas of sales .
Maurices
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Ankeny, IAJune 3, 2015
• Provided friendly customer service and product knowledge to customers
• Assisted in training new employees
• Balanced register at nights end
• Worked closely with store manager to reach and maintain store goals
• Created monthly displays to showcase new trends
Atmosphere was great.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Garden City, KSMay 30, 2015
A great company to work for who was able to lead me in the direction into management. This company was able to prepare me and help mold my leadership skills. Great atmosphere to work in.
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAMay 27, 2015
Great company to work for with wonderful incentives. Unfortunately they decided to close a highly profitable store and put good workers out of jobs.
I love the store, because I got to help the customers pick their outfits.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: I got first picks on the sale items, plus a discount.
Cons: There was a big turn-over of employees, so there were alot of training.
I had helped them open the store, because they were new in the valley. I got to learn how to work on the design and layout of the departments. I got to meet a lot of new people in the store.
The customers would come in to find an outfit, and later end up buying a whole wardrobe of clothing.
It was fun, because we were the first to see the new fashion coming in.
The co-workers were fun to work with. They would have splurge parties and the customers would invite their friends to come in and shop.
The hardest part was, when the store closed, we sometimes had a limited crew to change the store windows and mannequins at least once every month. There was a limited time to get it done.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Madison, AlabamaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: None
I love coming to work with friendly people who realize scheduling for work and family balance is important, You get to know your frequent customers and develop a decorum with them to assist them with there needs.
Fun and Productive Work Enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cheyenne, WYMay 15, 2015
I loved working for this company! Excellent work environment and plenty of chances for advancement within the company. Also has excellent sales incentives.
Bad Management and poor hours
PT assistant manager (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXMay 8, 2015
Pros: 40% discount
Cons: Poor hours, Company cultures don't match up to what they say they are, drama filled, on call if your a manager, poor pay, etc.
Very judgemental workplace. They tell you express your own style yet they tell u all the time what your wearing isnt appropriate or isnt in season! Always something! If you are full time you aren't guaranteed 40 hrs a week and part time isn't guaranteed any hours a week... They don't pay you enough for everything they ask you to do and only full time employees get benefits. There is major drama because its ALL females all day. Mostly young college girls on the staff and store manager gets all hours and gives the other employees 15 to 20 hrs per week!! I asked the DM for more hours n was told to find a full time more dependable job somewhere else?!?! Wow... way to go Maurices 2 thumbs down on management
in store 1554. Great discount, thats about the only pro to this job...
Productive, Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lake Saint Louis, MOMay 4, 2015
Always a good time! Never a bad one. Jobs were simple tasks and some busy work was done. I always enjoyed going to work. Customers were a joy to work with, and I loved hearing back from them and hearing how my attitude made their days better.
Terrible
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisMay 2, 2015
Pros: Pay, benefits, customers
Cons: Everything else
I worked for Maurice's for three years, and in three different positions. At first it was great the hours weren't awesome but as I grew in the company the hours did too.

Pros: The best part of the job were my benefits and the competitive pay. I also loved the customers.

Cons: The environment was very pretentious. I constantly felt as if I were walking on eggshells. Most of management was on a dangerous power trip. (Numerous customers would ask how I dealt with that type of management style and even referred to it as verbal abuse or harassment). I traveled to different stores for sales support etc; and there was a consistency in all the staffs I experienced. The company creates drama between the staff by demanding "feedback". Feedback is great, in theory. My experience with it was, when I didn't give it, it was perceived as I wasn't paying attention to others actions or I just didn't care... So, I started giving it more often, and they took it personally and it created tension. The sales goals and other expectations were absolutely unattainable majority of the time. They clocked breaks that I didn't and was unable to take. Because, we were constantly short staffed (HIGH turnover rates) and I would be on the sales floor for hours at a time by myself, sometimes even open to close. Everything was a contradictory. The company is manipulative and corrupt. Anyway, it just got to the point where I lost myself, my morals, and most importantly my life.

I learned a lot from the company. Mostly what not to do when you have a business, but never the less, I learned my worth, and the company I work for now respects that I am a human and I have a life.
Fun, rewarding place.
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, OHApril 23, 2015
I have loved the dress code of the company and the rewards for meeting certain goals. I generally love my actual job I just don't make enough money.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNApril 2, 2015
Great discounts

Great promotions

Competitive

Loved working with customers

I felt to much time was expected in office vs. on the floor with customers
Great discount, no opportunities for advancement, low hours if not a manager.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Owensboro, KYApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great discount
Cons: Low hours, no open spots to advance.
I have been employed with Maurices for about 3 years as a sales associate. An average day consists of working one on one on the sales floor with customers, building outfits, keeping the store clean, ect. I love my job at Maurices, but it is very hard to move up into management because once someone is moved up, they stay in the position for a long time to where there is no open spots to move up. I would defiantly say the pro's would be the discount and having fun at work, and the con's not being able to move up, and the hours SUCK if you are not a manager. I'm talking just 10 hours or less if an associate. It is a good part time job if you ever needed extra money.
Fun workplace
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Greensburg, INMarch 30, 2015
The girls I work with are so great. All of our customers seem to be as close to us as we are to each other, which gives you a very warm feeling every time someone you know comes in. The hardest part of my job would be selling credit cards, I have never had to do this at my previous jobs so I'm not familiar with it, but I am learning and excelling. The most enjoyable part of my job is that it is such a customer orientated job so I'm always meeting new people and giving them great fashion advice!

1 2 3 4 5

About maurices

We’re maurices, a fast-growing women’s fashion retailer offering real style for women, sizes 1-24. It’s our – Read more

maurices Salaries