MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES

MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews in United States

Maverick
General Superintendent/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 11, 2015
Good place to work. good people to work with. great areas of the country to work in. Many challenging projects and activities.
good people and management
electrician/ apprentice technician (Former Employee) –  Cameron, WVJuly 20, 2015
loved working for this company, provided good learning and advancement opportunity, work environment was relaxed and efficient, but the work became to inconsistent.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel, inconsistency
Productive and interesting place to work,
Senior Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, ILJune 22, 2015
Team oriented work environment. Customer focused approach. I experienced a supportive management team. I like the excitement of working on the variety of projects.
Transitional position phased out
Senior Industrial Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 8, 2015
This company purchased the firm I was working with, They had no position open after the transition. we parted by mutual agreement.
Provided a good working environment for office and home
Senior Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ILMay 25, 2015
Most of the work I did was at a remote site so it provided a challenge to communicate with other members of the team to discuss project development and current event. This part was very enjoyable from the fact that I was allowed a lot of freedom in my day.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Remote working environment communication with staff.
Replacing all instruments and devices
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2015
Disconnecting and removing all instruments and devices for the turn around. And replace them with new and improved transmitters or valves etc and doing loop check out after installation and assuring all devices had the correct calibration and functioned well.
Willing to Work With You
Associate Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Very supportive environment. Allows you as an employee demonstrate your unique skill set, and be part of the decision-making process in your career path.
Very good, hard working, knowledgeable people
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Great company
Lots of knowledgeable engineers with various DCS/PLC Backgrounds
Excellent for developing a skill set
Maverick Technologies has good job culture
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXJuly 18, 2014
I consider myself fortunate to find so many good mentors and professionals that I have worked alongside at Maverick. Maverick gave me the opportunity to realize my dreams of working as an Electrical Controls Engineer and design Control System. The most satisfying part of my job is when I start-up a project and see all the system running , it is the best feeling and surely is sweet taste of hard work and success!!
Pros
work independently on projects, great work culture, great peers and management
Cons
not many educational seminars, trainings or free lunches
It is out of town work for months at a time.I want to work close to home for a change
/ Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 29, 2014
Worked in a lot of different states and would like to work close to home.
Pros
all out of town work
Cons
good money just out of town work
Exciting Travel
Sr. Lead Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2014
Most of my projects were plant shutdown or plant start-ups as Commissioning Manager.
My first experence in the world of construction.
electrition helper (Former Employee) –  lehi, utOctober 3, 2013
construction workers seem to have big egos and think only their personal projects are important.( Many different projects going on at the same time in the same place.) The work was diverse and challenging and technical for the most part and went really well.
Some management was professional and did really well. Some of the leads didn't seem to have the skills to do the job cor rectally. I learned a new definition for construction politics. I took over the logistics for supplies and monitoring equipment. I eliminated the crew from shortages due other workers stashing things in their tool boxes by having them retuning each day extras from job assignments. This was caused by only ordering the exact number of supplies for each action.The crew actually clapped in appreciation at the next meeting. They had lost a lot of time just looking or stuff that had been received and could not be found when needed.
Pros
working with mechanical electriction work
Cons
They treat contract employees as second rate citizens
QA/QC Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 25, 2013
I was hired as an Administrative assistant, with a (verbal) promise to place me in a positon more suitable to my skills. Which they did but with no additional compensation. I had to go to them and ask for an increase twice when my responsibilities were increased well outside of the duties I was originally hired for. The increases were minimal. At the same time, the person working in the Admin position was given outlandish raises for doing less. He was habitually late and often showed up unfit for duty due to excessive drinking. He was never docked for time lost or subject to disciplinary action.
The last position I worked in was the QA/QC Manager for six months. I was not asked if I wanted that position or if I felt qualified to do so. The project manager threatened me with layoff if I did not wish to continue working in that capacity.
It was a very disappointing experience. I would hope the overall attitude of the Company is more professional. I have never been treated so poorly for working so hard.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
lack of professionalism by project manager
Worst Place to work
Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  HoustonMay 8, 2013
Managers who are hired as project manager are egoist fools. They want to micro manage and they will do anything to satisfy client, even if it means wrongful termination of an employee.
The Pulp and Paper project manager who has 25 years of experience (as it says on his resume) has no clue how Pulp and Paper process works. He lied and is still snowing the CEO. This project manager is egoist and can belittle his people. He should be fired immediately.
I left the job with Maverick because of him.
In the end there is very little to learn at Maverick.
Pros
managers are sweet talker (this should end).
Cons
everything from hiring practice to how teams are formed to do the projects.
Maverick Technologies a Great Company to be Part of!
Sales/Staffing (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 10, 2012
My typical day starts with a cup of coffee and an immediate check of e-mails. 99 times out of a hundred there's some form of good news there either a new project opportunity or talking about new business that we have won. I've been in the automation and controls business for over 30 years and Maverick has always worked to provide additional training or tools that I have needed in order to make me better at what I do. My co-workers...well I have known the majority of them for many years and we have some very talented professionals as part of the Team. It's hard to pinpoint the hardest portion of my job as I enjoy it and look forward to each and everyday. The best part of the job "winning" and providing solutions for our customer base when they have issues. Watching this company continue to grow and evolve has been an amazing experience.
Pros
compensation, training, management, our customers
Cons
no cons
Not a good place at all
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2012
Worked here for a short period of time. Noticed like after a couple of months that I had to get out of this place, but stayed because of the economy. Wish I would have looked harder to get out of here. Was wrongfully terminated. There is no structure, management is not good at all, no real manager in the Charlotte office, so pretty much anything goes as long as they like you, but if you do not fit in with their group, forget about it! Do not work for this company!
Pros
there are none!
Cons
everything i've said in the review
Great co-workers and good experience!
Senior Electrician (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 5, 2011
I have had my share of companies that I have worked for. But nothing compares to Maverick Technologies. Great company great work atmosphere.
Pros
big company
Cons
lots of traveling