MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Technical Project Manager, MES / EAI (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Great opportunity to learn new skill sets. Provides in house university for advancement. Project Management Office (PMO) is thoroughly with regular audits provided as an educational ad.
good company overall, good benefits
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2017
management is split 75/25 (effective/non effective) sales and marketing focus is excellent, very growth focused and customer oriented, quality comes first and operational standards are strong. employee retention is key to their business model
Pros
Strong management
Cons
sometimes change happens without being fully vetted
Productive yet relaxed
Commissioning Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2017
Some of the best people to work with.
Always had a tool buddy to work with which is a good safety practice.
Never once was rushed. Was always told take your time and observe what was involved in all situations.
Pros
Good people to work with. Good pay.
Cons
Had no benefits.
Tight-knit company
Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 29, 2017
Company is great and there's a lot to learn. The executive teams meet with some of the engineers a couple times a year and are fairly transparent with the direction of the company.

There are certain roadbumps since Maverick Technologies was recently acquired by Rockwell Automation. I suspect once fully merged, the benefits will be a lot better than what they are.

Pros:
Very family oriented, have lot of travel opportunities, open management policy, lot of industries and knowledge to learn, occasional office party

Con:
Non-competitive pay (mid-US gets same pay as states like California), hours are micromanaged to the T, benefits are weak
good people to work with
ELECTRICAL FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  ip new bern ncMay 6, 2017
really enjoyed the people I worked with and around. it is a really friendly work atmosphere. they are willing to work with you when you are in need of a day off.
N/a
Rail Cart Loader (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARApril 12, 2017
My opinion is just that my opinion at this time I do not feel like sharing. So therefore I will make this short and only ask you gather your own opinion.
below par company
Senior Lead Engineer - Control Systems (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXApril 6, 2017
lack of integrity, you sit in the office until a project emerges.
Lack of sales for pursuit of process automation business, Results in engineers and project managers layoffs. No time to cross train
Freindly people
Senior Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ILFebruary 21, 2017
I have enjoy working for Maverick and learn new technology . The hardest part of this work is traveling that can goes from three month to four month.
Pros
Flexible hours as long as you get your work done
Cons
Traveling to job site for a duration of 3 to 4 months
Great company to work for!
Engineering Co-op/Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ILOctober 6, 2016
I could not have asked for a better internship and experience at MAVERICK Technologies. I learned more than I would have ever imagined. Everyone is very eager and willing to help. I would defiantly recommend this company to anyone looking for a career.
Lots of changes
Overhead (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2016
Lots of changes, not enough training and management lacks communication. Lacking employee/management feedback to help grow employees. Need more one on one with management.
Good exposure to the Automation world
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 28, 2016
Contract work allows employee to move around to different industries and learn the different automation platforms.

Most time spent on projects and cutovers, usually at location of the clients.
Maverick
General Superintendent/Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 11, 2015
Good place to work. good people to work with. great areas of the country to work in. Many challenging projects and activities.
good people and management
electrician/ apprentice technician (Former Employee) –  Cameron, WVJuly 20, 2015
loved working for this company, provided good learning and advancement opportunity, work environment was relaxed and efficient, but the work became to inconsistent.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel, inconsistency
Productive and interesting place to work,
Senior Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, ILJune 22, 2015
Team oriented work environment. Customer focused approach. I experienced a supportive management team. I like the excitement of working on the variety of projects.
Transitional position phased out
Senior Industrial Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJune 8, 2015
This company purchased the firm I was working with, They had no position open after the transition. we parted by mutual agreement.
Provided a good working environment for office and home
Senior Control Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, ILMay 25, 2015
Most of the work I did was at a remote site so it provided a challenge to communicate with other members of the team to discuss project development and current event. This part was very enjoyable from the fact that I was allowed a lot of freedom in my day.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Remote working environment communication with staff.
Replacing all instruments and devices
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 3, 2015
Disconnecting and removing all instruments and devices for the turn around. And replace them with new and improved transmitters or valves etc and doing loop check out after installation and assuring all devices had the correct calibration and functioned well.
Willing to Work With You
Associate Systems Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Very supportive environment. Allows you as an employee demonstrate your unique skill set, and be part of the decision-making process in your career path.
Very good, hard working, knowledgeable people
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Great company
Lots of knowledgeable engineers with various DCS/PLC Backgrounds
Excellent for developing a skill set
Maverick Technologies has good job culture
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston,TXJuly 18, 2014
I consider myself fortunate to find so many good mentors and professionals that I have worked alongside at Maverick. Maverick gave me the opportunity to realize my dreams of working as an Electrical Controls Engineer and design Control System. The most satisfying part of my job is when I start-up a project and see all the system running , it is the best feeling and surely is sweet taste of hard work and success!!
Pros
Work independently on projects, great work culture, great peers and management
Cons
Not many educational seminars, trainings or free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES. Our community is ready to answer.