MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES

MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Transitional position phased out
Senior Industrial Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Coatesville, PAJune 8, 2015
This company purchased the firm I was working with, They had no position open after the transition. we parted by mutual agreement.
Provided a good working environment for office and home
Senior Control Engineer (Former Employee), Columbia, ILMay 25, 2015
Pros: Freedom
Cons: Remote working environment communication with staff.
Most of the work I did was at a remote site so it provided a challenge to communicate with other members of the team to discuss project development and current event. This part was very enjoyable from the fact that I was allowed a lot of freedom in my day.
Replacing all instruments and devices
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 3, 2015
Disconnecting and removing all instruments and devices for the turn around. And replace them with new and improved transmitters or valves etc and doing loop check out after installation and assuring all devices had the correct calibration and functioned well.
Willing to Work With You
Associate Systems Developer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Very supportive environment. Allows you as an employee demonstrate your unique skill set, and be part of the decision-making process in your career path.
Very good, hard working, knowledgeable people
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
Great company
Lots of knowledgeable engineers with various DCS/PLC Backgrounds
Excellent for developing a skill set
Maverick Technologies has good job culture
Lead Project Engineer (Current Employee), Houston,TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: work independently on projects, great work culture, great peers and management
Cons: not many educational seminars, trainings or free lunches
I consider myself fortunate to find so many good mentors and professionals that I have worked alongside at Maverick. Maverick gave me the opportunity to realize my dreams of working as an Electrical Controls Engineer and design Control System. The most satisfying part of my job is when I start-up a project and see all the system running , it is the best feeling and surely is sweet taste of hard work and success!!
It is out of town work for months at a time.I want to work close to home for a change
/ Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 29, 2014
Pros: all out of town work
Cons: good money just out of town work
Worked in a lot of different states and would like to work close to home.
Exciting Travel
Sr. Lead Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 19, 2014
Most of my projects were plant shutdown or plant start-ups as Commissioning Manager.
My first experence in the world of construction.
electrition helper (Former Employee), lehi, utOctober 3, 2013
Pros: working with mechanical electriction work
Cons: long hours
construction workers seem to have big egos and think only their personal projects are important.( Many different projects going on at the same time in the same place.) The work was diverse and challenging and technical for the most part and went really well.
Some management was professional and did really well. Some of the leads didn't seem to have the skills to do the job cor rectally. I learned a new definition for construction politics. I took over the logistics for supplies and monitoring equipment. I eliminated the crew from shortages due other workers stashing things in their tool boxes by having them retuning each day extras from job assignments. This was caused by only ordering the exact number of supplies for each action.The crew actually clapped in appreciation at the next meeting. They had lost a lot of time just looking or stuff that had been received and could not be found when needed.
They treat contract employees as second rate citizens
QA/QC Representative (Former Employee), Chandler, AZSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: good learning experience
Cons: lack of professionalism by project manager
I was hired as an Administrative assistant, with a (verbal) promise to place me in a positon more suitable to my skills. Which they did but with no additional compensation. I had to go to them and ask for an increase twice when my responsibilities were increased well outside of the duties I was originally hired for. The increases were minimal. At the same time, the person working in the Admin position was given outlandish raises for doing less. He was habitually late and often showed up unfit for duty due to excessive drinking. He was never docked for time lost or subject to disciplinary action.
The last position I worked in was the QA/QC Manager for six months. I was not asked if I wanted that position or if I felt qualified to do so. The project manager threatened me with layoff if I did not wish to continue working in that capacity.
It was a very disappointing experience. I would hope the overall attitude of the Company is more professional. I have never been treated so poorly for working so hard.
Worst Place to work
Engineer 1 (Former Employee), HoustonMay 8, 2013
Pros: managers are sweet talker (this should end).
Cons: everything from hiring practice to how teams are formed to do the projects.
Managers who are hired as project manager are egoist fools. They want to micro manage and they will do anything to satisfy client, even if it means wrongful termination of an employee.
The Pulp and Paper project manager who has 25 years of experience (as it says on his resume) has no clue how Pulp and Paper process works. He lied and is still snowing the CEO. This project manager is egoist and can belittle his people. He should be fired immediately.
I left the job with Maverick because of him.
In the end there is very little to learn at Maverick.
Maverick Technologies a Great Company to be Part of!
Sales/Staffing (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 10, 2012
Pros: compensation, training, management, our customers
Cons: no cons
My typical day starts with a cup of coffee and an immediate check of e-mails. 99 times out of a hundred there's some form of good news there either a new project opportunity or talking about new business that we have won. I've been in the automation and controls business for over 30 years and Maverick has always worked to provide additional training or tools that I have needed in order to make me better at what I do. My co-workers...well I have known the majority of them for many years and we have some very talented professionals as part of the Team. It's hard to pinpoint the hardest portion of my job as I enjoy it and look forward to each and everyday. The best part of the job "winning" and providing solutions for our customer base when they have issues. Watching this company continue to grow and evolve has been an amazing experience.
NOT A GOOD PLACE AT ALL
Unknown (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2012
Pros: there are none!
Cons: everything i've said in the review
Worked here for a short period of time. Noticed like after a couple of months that I had to get out of this place, but stayed because of the economy. Wish I would have looked harder to get out of here. Was wrongfully terminated. There is no structure, management is not good at all, no real manager in the Charlotte office, so pretty much anything goes as long as they like you, but if you do not fit in with their group, forget about it! Do not work for this company!
Great co-workers and good experience!
Senior Electrician (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 5, 2011
Pros: big company
Cons: lots of traveling
I have had my share of companies that I have worked for. But nothing compares to Maverick Technologies. Great company great work atmosphere.

About MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES

While some people settle into a job and just coast along, MAVERICK Technologies encourages its employees to venture into new territory – Read more

MAVERICK TECHNOLOGIES Photos

Break Away with Confidence
MAVERICK Technologies
Establishing a clear path to success