Maverick Transportation, LLC

Maverick Transportation, LLC Employer Reviews

Great Company
Glass Divsion driver (Current Employee), corsicana texasOctober 31, 2014
Pros: new trucks
Hands down best flat bed training around,there training program is excellent. 500 a week while your in Training and with a trainer for minimun of 21 days. I drove over the road. Liked it truck broke down they gave me another one. They take care of there employess. I always got home when i was suppose to otr. Now in dedicated to have more time with my family. Current employee and very good company to work for esp if you have no experience and are just starting out.trucks are governed at 65 and the auto is nice. Very safety orientened company.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
OTR driver (Former Employee), Little rockSeptember 5, 2014
Cons: everything
Maverick is horrible. I worked there for 1 year and they tell you that you will be home at least every other weekend but you never get home. You have to fight to get home. The trucks suck. They are all automatic and are governed at 62 mph. They will give you a weekend load with only 250 miles. You will not make any money here. The orientation is like boot camp. If you fail a written test ( yes they give written tests) they tell you to go home, which you have to pay for. When I started there were 15 guys and only 4 were given trucks including myself.
..........
Driver (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2014
Wasn't really the long enough to get the whole feeling of things. orientation was ok its the training that killed me 5 weeks making 230 a week the lowest paying job I ever had.
Newer Equipment
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 28, 2014
Home on weekends
steady paced work environment
DOT training
Load techniques
wish I never came here
accounting (Former Employee), north little rockNovember 28, 2013
Pros: pay is good
Cons: lots of turnover
If you brown nose the right people you will do well. Don't get sick or your position will be eliminated. And be careful who you oppose. A lot of people who point fingers.

I watched 19 people get laid off in 9 months in our group... All for made up reasons because management didn't know how to effectively manage their team. Instead, the instigators are still there.
Good people and values
FLEET MANAGER (Former Employee), Gary, INOctober 9, 2013
Good people and values, office team was great. No more to tell
Great Job securement
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 28, 2012
Pros: great pay package
Cons: hometime/ getting loads
Make on time load deliverys. Management can be a little difficult at times when trying to get you home for appointments. Co workers are great but dont get caught uo in the hype. Harderst part of job is being away from your kids and spouse for periods of time. The most enjoyable part is once you put your time in the pay is great. (When they can get you loads)