Maverick TRANSPORTATION LLC

Maverick TRANSPORTATION LLC Employer Reviews

good job
Driver (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 8, 2014
good job, good pay and benefits, good weekly mileage, good overall experience
NO MILES
OTR Refrigerated Truck Driver (Former Employee), North Little Rock, AROctober 22, 2013
If you are a flatbeder no problems... if you are doing Refrigeration work, good luck to you. No loads. It's a flatbed company and they do that very well. Still trying to run the refridgeration side like it's a skate.
Great work enviroment
O.T.R Driver (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARJune 13, 2013
Pros: insurance plan, people, pay
Cons: being away from my children and missing out on their lives
driver 48 states, picking up loads.
I learned how to secure, and tarp loads, safety habits
management was very supportive
co-workers and I were like family
tarpping was the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job were the people
Great Company to work for
Temp Control Dept Driver (Former Employee), N Little Rock, ARJuly 9, 2012
Though I wasn't there very long I would go back to Maverick in a heart beat. And they extended me the option to do so after I gain a little more experience.
They have a great group of instuctors, very family friendly.
Talks a good talk
Driver (Sand Division) (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2012
Pros: this job allowed me to be home every day, and make decent pay.
Cons: other than losing it unexpectedly, maybe long hours, (i didn't mind so much personally).
As a 50+ female, this job challenged me just to get as the physical abilities test was a little more than I've ever had to go through to get hired. Accomplishing this made me feel a little like imagine it would be like to survive basic training for the marines! All of us that were offered employment that day were pretty pumped. Then, the job was very – more... different from what I'd done as a driver and at first a challenge every night. The "Maverick Way"really did seem to be very safety oriented. Then, suddenly the rug was pulled out from under us, all of us! We were given a story, parts of which I believed, but not all. We were told we would have about a month to decide if we would accept another driving job with Maverick, or go elsewhere since there was work for us through that month. Our equipment was immediately put up for sale, and snapped up like candy by a company that had been one of our competitors in about a week! There were 40 of us, scrambling for work, forced to make decisions we didn't want to make, in a week, not the month we were told. I believe this was handled badly, totally unfairly, and completely out of our control, the people that had done the hard work. I know it really put what I had thought about Maverick in the beginning away,...not what I expected, our what they represent at all. – less