Maverick Transportation Employee Reviews

i wish they would be better routing
Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2017
i would like it if they would give the 2 days off a week instead of comeing home on sat and leaving out on sun i would benice to actually get 2 days off
TCD Division
TCD Driver OTR (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 5, 2017
I worked TCD there are Maverick and I failed to heed the warnings before I started about low miles on this division. I feel like half the dispatchers cared and the other guy did not.

Overall it is a decent company but the TCD is not where you want to be in order to make real money. I was only making mid 30's there and now I am well over 60K a year at the company I have been with since.

The management is good, except when you choose to leave. I was on home time when I got the call to take my next job. I could have easily just drove my truck an hour to the Ft. Smith terminal and turned it in; however, I did the honorable thing and gave a two week notice. They tried to force me to work past my two week notice and I refused. I told them as soon as they sent me the pre-plan that it wouldn't work. After some back and forth, they arranged to have me drop the load in the NLR yard and the driver who was re-powering it was already there waiting on me.

They slapped me with a quit under dispatch on my DAC...I refuted and they refused to remove it.
Pros
Good People Overall
Cons
Low Miles on TCD and watch out when you leave the company
Great Place to work
Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCJuly 3, 2017
Great place to work, I recommend it, either driving for the company or at one of their shops. The pay is fair and you get paid time off. The medical and dental are great and the vision exceeds all expectations.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 10, 2017
Great environment with supportive coworkers. Family owned business. Plenty of opportunities to advance. Games and friendly competitions thought the year to boost moral.
Good
Professional Driver (Flatbed) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 31, 2017
Make sure you understand that they will lie about home time. Other than that pretty cool work. Make sure you have a trainer that likes baths and you can get along with.
Enjoyed it
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 29, 2017
If I needed to go OTR again, this would be my first choice. My 3+ years there were great. I enjoyed learning how to be a flatbedder from them. their drivers were a joy to hang around while loading and unloading and would always offer to help. I hope they haven't changed since 1999
Good pay does not equal a good job
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 13, 2017
Immediate management had a very bad "GOD" complex. Everyone was beneath them. Hopefully, those people are gone now. Pay was good. Most drivers were not happy.
Good starter
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 23, 2017
Some of the best training in my opinion. Good equipment both tractor and trailers. Pay could be better since you're gone from home all week. Good people in the office always got a human on the phone.
Pros
Travel
Cons
pay, waiting without pay
Great training supportive managment great truckes
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARFebruary 20, 2017
Always loaded never waited more then 30 min to get a load assignment I learned to secure from the heart I learned that maverick really cared about there employees when your broken down they really take care you hotel motel its really good company to work for .
Pros
Training, people who care about there job.
Cons
there is only 1 con thats getting home every day its really hard to get in that account
Very family oriented company that truly cares about their drivers
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 13, 2017
Very nice company. Outstanding training and student program very nice equipment. Friendly work environment with managers that truly care about their drivers. I would definitely recommend them to a student looking for a company with second to none training and safety. Very good pay even for students. Could be getting more miles, a lot of drivers sit for periods of time but they offer detention pay. Entire fleet is automatic cascadias, i know some drivers would not prefer that but they maintain their equipment very well.
Pros
Excellent training and student pay
Cons
not alot of miles
Over the road deliveries
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 9, 2017
Over the road truck delivery of heavy metal coils and other items on a flatbed trailer. Would be on the road for two weeks and then home for the weekend and back out for two more weeks.
great fun work enviroment
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 22, 2017
Maverick has compeditive wages and a great staff to help you in the right path for success. they have a fun interactive work culture and a great experience all around.
Pros
work alone
Cons
away from home
Not what I expected
CDL DRIVER OTR (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 17, 2017
Very little home time, low pay. Fairly good benefits and good training experience. Difficult weather conditions to endure and prepare for safely.
Pros
Fairly good benefits and good training experience.
Great place
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  AKJanuary 16, 2017
It was always a great place to work. A set running schedule from place to place home almost every weekend if not at least every other.
Great place to be employed drivers are well trained and taken care of.
Over the road Truck Driver (flatbed div) (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 7, 2016
Very stable and competitive workplace, getting home for the weekend is almost never a problem. pay rate is comparable and fair. The facility is 5 star. Over the top training, I highly recommend seeking employment with this company.
Pros
home almost every weekend, fair wages, and new equipment to work with.
Cons
spend most of the year away from family. Not an easy occupation.
Maverick Family Values
Fleet Manager, Glass Division (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCNovember 16, 2016
Maverick is an excellent company, both to work for and work with. Their Core Values are enviable. Maverick values their drivers in a way that's unsurpassed by other companies in the industry, putting Safety and Excellence ahead of the bottom line.
Pros
Employees who are supportive and willing to go the extra mile
Cons
Ever-changing policies keep you on your toes!
Ok
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 12, 2016
Decent place to work. Good pay. Says they are for the drivers right up until something happens, then they arent. Lot of favoritism shown in various positions in the company
Great place to work if you like otr
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 29, 2016
Truck are equip with Apu and inverters. If Apu isn't working, truck will idle no matter what the temperature is outside. Fuel anywhere (pilot, loves) great maintenance, every 25k pm.

Guaranteed weekend pay if they can't find you a load but they usually do.

Been here for a year now in the glass division and still like it. Freight does slow down sometimes but we can pull regular flatbed loads for the same pay rate.

Dispatch is great and manager doesn't bother you if you know what you're doing.

There is dedicated position and sometimes there's opening in the office if you live near a terminal.

Hometime is excellent. 2 weeks out and sometimes I get 3-5 days off. You can work months at a time if you want, I'm not sure if there's a limited on hometime banking but I done 4 weeks out and got 5 days off. Now this is full days off. Not that b.s "oh you're driving home count as hometime" but full 24 hours = 1 day hometime.

Best otr company I work for
Pros
Hometime dispatcher manager driver comfort
Cons
Otr is otr. Govern at 64
Fun and independent
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 1, 2016
You are able to make some money with little oversight. Most drivers are home every weekend but OTR is also available . The fleet managers are respectful and easy to work with.
Good Trucking Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 19, 2016
I've been with Maverick (flatbed) over eight years, and if it wasn't a good company, I would not be here. Pay and benefits are second to none. They give you all the tools to be successful. Your fleet manager tries to get you home every weekend, but it depends where you live.
Pros
Good equipment, pay, and Hometime
Cons
Not really con: no matching 401K

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maverick Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval