MAVERICK Employee Reviews

Nice to work for
Aniamtion/ Motion Graphics (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 5, 2015
My daily duties basically consisted of making graphic for a 20+ page website. Usually would start my day by checking the communications followed by checking my notes from where I had left off the night before. Then typically starting to draft and plan each page as a separate project. Then it became a question of style, some animations that where more hand drawn in feel where done in Photoshop, Then there some in Flash and some were a combine of Aftereffects and another program. I also got to do a hefty amount of Motion Graphics. All in all I liked this Contract very much as well as my manager at the time. The only think I found to be hard was working with the programmer who said he knew how to format for the new i pad at the time but it didnt work out. In other words a mess on that end.
Pros
great communucation
Cons
problems on the programming end
Active, and very fun work enviroment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ammon, IDApril 15, 2013
I am always working with new customers, some of the customers however are "regulars".
I have learned, to work all machines, which includes:
1. Cash Register
2. Lottery Machine
3. Lottery handheld counter
4. Gas pump starter
5. PC for lottery transfers

My co-workers, are very fun and energetic. Everyone that works there that I know, is always in a fantastic mood. I have great managers, that have awesome managing skills and know exactly what they are doing.

The hardest part of the job, is as well as an easy one. It's re-stocking the coolers, its more of an irritant than a hard thing to do. That's alright though, cause after the job is a great one, and all jobs have their ups and their downs.

The most enjoyable part of the job I would have to say, is the interaction of new people at all times.
Daily Customer are enjoyable to interact with along with some employees
Director in Training / Cashier / Sales - Stocking (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day was extremely busy and full of new things. By working there I learned patients as well as communication skills. The management at Maverik was difficult at times do to the fact that they did not hold employees accountable for there actions. Many of the worker there where not there for a career. It was more like a stepping point for many people that worked there, which made it difficult for the ones that took the job serious. As well a handling employees not willing to work customer theft was the hardest thing to deal with. My favorite part of the job was the fact that many people didn't want to work there long term, so it gave me the opportunity to show management my organization and time management skills.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Employees un willing to do there assigned tasks.
we were all about business at maverick
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Battle Mountain, NVAugust 8, 2014
a typical day at work included cleaning bathrooms, cleaning the store, stocking shelves and rotating stock, stocking the coolers with alcohol, stocking shelves with cigarettes, stocking shelves and rotating stock with new products, filling bags of ice and working cash registers, doing atm and credit transactions
i worked with great people who helped me through a lot
hardest part of my job has to have been doing the ice during the summer. we would go thru so much. i was always having to fill the ice boxes and run a register but i managed it.
most enjoyable part was being able to talk and communicate with people from town and from out of town.
Pros
hardest part of my job has to have
Cons
i had reasonable breaks and when something was wrong they helped me so no cons
productive fast pace job enviorment
clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTSeptember 7, 2013
Basic cashier duties and general store clean-up. customer service , deep cleaning of the store , loss prevention , count the till to make sure your not short. I learned to be more patient because you never know if someone has a disability. my management where really nice and easy to get along with ,everyone I worked with were all really nice the hardest part of my job I would have to say would of been the hours graveyard. my favorite part of my job was showing up and having people coming in jus to see
Pros
i got to meet and talk to new people everyday
Cons
you never know who is goin to come threw the door, i got robbed
Good Company To Work For With Flexible Schedule
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2012
Maverick Systems, Inc. was a good company to be employed by. A typical day at work consisted of Software development at home or office, and/or implementing the software at the company for which it was designed. I learned a lot about PC's and numerous engineer fields. The management was good, kind, and very charitable. When I had to work with other people, they were usually very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job was probably planning the design of the software, and the times when I had to work by myself for long, extended, periods of time. The most enjoyable part was probably working with other people and a very flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule, free lunches, salaried position, good people 2 work with
Cons
sometimes long/lonely hrs, driving distance, job insecurity
Fast paced, Great work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILMay 20, 2013
This company ran like a well oiled machine. Managers were on the ball and employees were dedicated. Everyone put the customer first, which in my eyes, is how it should be. I enjoyed coming to work and working with people who were all willing to pull their own weight. The hardest part of this position was the work hours. I was required to work 6 days a week and between 55-60 hours.
Pros
free lunches, full time, management experience
Cons
heavy work hours, salary
Productive and fast pace which is stimulating.
Bakery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eden, UTSeptember 15, 2014
The most enjoyable is the fast pace and the hardest part is when it is slow. A typical day is preparing food and at the end of shift pre-labeling, dishes, sweep and mop floors. My co-workers and managers strive for perfection which in turn helps me strive for perfection in my work place. I have learned that helping others in the work place helps you by making everything run smoothly.
Pros
fast pace work enviroment
Cons
part-time
Socializing with the public
Baker, cashier (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 11, 2012
My typical day at work was arriving at 4:00 am to prepare food for the bakery for when the store opened at 6:00am. I learned how to manage daily baking quotas, and bake. Management was helpful, and understanding when there was an issue with baking equipment, and very helpful when we we're busy. The hardest part of the job was having to bake, and cashier at the same time, and the most enjoyable was socializing with the public.
I get to meet a lot of new people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 7, 2012
This is a good company. I just need a change I have been there almost a year. I work nights and this is hard to do. The management it good. I have learned that how to work with customer. My co-workers are nice to work with when I do. I work nights and am work alone for most part
Pros
i enjoy working with the customers
Cons
i don't get much in the way of breaks
Fuel/Convenience Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJanuary 4, 2015
Typical day serving customer ,stocking and cleaning gas station lot. Hardest part of job was customer service when you had to deal with rude customers that you always had to keep a smile and do your best to fix the situation to turn it around to get a satisfied customer.
Pros
close to home
Cons
night shift, minimum wage, high insurance
only if your a meth head
Press Operator/Ink technician (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Don’t waste your time if you consider yourself a professional at all. An effete, distant management team that has convinced themselves that the front office has no connection to the product they produce. Production staff consists of the afflicted, the convicted, and the addicted. Don’t bother.
Cons
lots of them, mostly felony convictions
It's a good part-time job
CATERING/STAND MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTMay 8, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company, I got to do various types of work. Like running my own stand and being in charge of money and inventory, I learned how to be professional catering techniques, and I also learned how to use a fryer and how to make simple delicious burgers.

I learned a lot from this company and it was a great first job for me.
i really like working here, it was easy and i got along with everyone
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTSeptember 30, 2013
i really wish they would have kept me cause i was good at what i was doing, they did not keep me cause they didn't need me, i worked here for three weeks and they let me go.
Pros
fun, get along with every one.
Cons
never ask for family to work there. too much drama.
Customer service kept busy keeping the warmer filled as well as prepping food for the sales floor.
Adventure Guide/Chef (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 17, 2015
Management was questionable and always willing to pass the buck or place the blame on someone else. Company policy only was enforced on some employees but not all.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Breaks were questionable
upbeat, great customers
Customer Serivce Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTJuly 27, 2015
Days were fast and fun. I learned to take pride in my own work. Management was great. Coworkers were always fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was getting up so early to work in the bakery. The job itself didnt feel like a job, it was always fun.
Pros
i got to work with my mom
Cons
part time work
Great Job. Excellent work enviroment
QC/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 12, 2013
Great job with excellent benefits and big bonuses but only get paid monthly. Fork lift certified. Co-workers were great people. Good place to work. Few employees that work there but they are a growing small business but eventually will be a successful company. Good outlook
Pros
excellent pay/bonuses
Cons
monthly pay
Scammers! Beware! They rip you off!
Trader (Former Employee) –  KSJanuary 14, 2015
Hugeeeeeeee scam. They charge you initiation fee, month fee, high spreads, and on top of that, if you're profitable, they take 30% of what you made. Check all other major brokers and see who does that? They are merciless and do whatever they can do to rip you off. Stay away from!
Excellent place to work
Cashier/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Showlow, AZ 85901December 20, 2014
I found this business an excellent place to work, I would recommend this business to anyone who wants to work as a cashier and is looking for a career here. Got to apply online first before you can get started.
Pros
excellent customers, friendly employees, overall excellent work environment
Cons
various weather conditions
Enjoyed the work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 23, 2012
I really enjoyed the work. There was a lot of clean up that I was able to bring to this organization. Management was lacking but I really enjoyed my job.

I would not be able to work for such a small salary but I did enjoy the people both customers and coworkers so this was a good job.