MAVERICK Employee Reviews

My time at maverik
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTDecember 10, 2016
I really loved the job it self but the management is not people friendly, they'll tell you there's place for advancement only if your best friends with the store director you work for. They do not car about you individually if you get sick or need a day off if it interferes with what they management won't oh well. I worked there two years almost and only got one raise for .25 cents when your hired the try promise raises and and they tell you all this stuff about maverik being all about there employees. Their not...
Pros
Their insurance
Cons
Disrespectfulness, lack of raises, if you ask for a day off they cut your hours.
Ok place to work
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCOctober 20, 2016
Pros
Very friendly staff and management. Flexible work schedules. Nice office, good location, plenty of parking and nearby food options. The company has recently been acquired and the benefits are a bit better than they used to be.

Cons
The pay is not great and they do not give raises unless you really press them for it. They also are a bit too religious and tend to hire people who are involved in their churches. There is a weekly prayer group that, while not mandatory, is expected of you to attend - which makes some folks here uncomfortable.
Pros
Nice office, friendly people
Cons
Too religious, lots of recent turnover
Company Is no longer in Buisness
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richfield, NCNovember 1, 2016
Company was great to work for and valued their employees offering very little benefits due to the company size but always gave great Christmas bonus and was understanding with employees that had small children.
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Long Hours
Great experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTApril 18, 2016
Great experience working environment, fun people new experiences but low wages and less hours. great management and the more you work there the more you meet loyal customers and develop a long lasting relationship
Pros
some benifits
Cons
low pay
Not a good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NESeptember 1, 2016
I worked graveyards and I do like to work nights as I'm a night owl, however they made you come to work if you were sick and you worked with food which I thought was not good. My coworkers were very nice to work with as a few would cover the graveyard shift if I was sick however I wouldn't call in unless I was so sick I couldn't get out of bed. The hardest part about this job was management as she wasn't very understanding and never worked with you if you had to request a day off in advance for family functions.
Excellent Stable Company
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2017
Excellent transportation company, great corporate culture. Equipment is top notch and being continuously upgraded. Routes and dedicated customers are solid.
Maverick is not a corporate structure.
Auto Parts Delivery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2016
At Maverick every employee has an opportunity to work independently for the benefit of his team and their clients. it can get a bit hectic but overall it is a good place for those who have a passion for cars.
Daily Customer are enjoyable to interact with along with some employees
Director in Training / Cashier / Sales - Stocking (Former Employee) –  Fort Mohave, AZJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day was extremely busy and full of new things. By working there I learned patients as well as communication skills. The management at Maverik was difficult at times do to the fact that they did not hold employees accountable for there actions. Many of the worker there where not there for a career. It was more like a stepping point for many people that worked there, which made it difficult for the ones that took the job serious. As well a handling employees not willing to work customer theft was the hardest thing to deal with. My favorite part of the job was the fact that many people didn't want to work there long term, so it gave me the opportunity to show management my organization and time management skills.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Employees un willing to do there assigned tasks.
Not Much Room For Advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lyman, WYJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed my job but was over-worked and u underpaid. It's a decent second job for added income but in my experience, advancement is unlikely.
Pros
free lunch, regular customers
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Enjoyable job with simple daily tasks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 26, 2016
Outgoing people in a friendly environment. Positive work place and amazing customers. Daily job tasks were easily accomplished. I learned their computer software and became efficient in work tasks. Hardest part of the job is dealing with upset customers. The most enjoyable part of the day is getting to help customers and make people happy.
Pros
Easy commute
Fast paced, Great work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILMay 20, 2013
This company ran like a well oiled machine. Managers were on the ball and employees were dedicated. Everyone put the customer first, which in my eyes, is how it should be. I enjoyed coming to work and working with people who were all willing to pull their own weight. The hardest part of this position was the work hours. I was required to work 6 days a week and between 55-60 hours.
Pros
Free lunches, full time, management experience
Cons
Heavy work hours, salary
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fallon, NVJuly 1, 2016
My day at work was always busy.
I learned how to manage on my own.
Management was sloppy and i didnt always get my schedule on time. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure things out on my own.
Pros
busy, went by fast
Cons
no lunch
Enjoyed the work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 23, 2012
I really enjoyed the work. There was a lot of clean up that I was able to bring to this organization. Management was lacking but I really enjoyed my job.

I would not be able to work for such a small salary but I did enjoy the people both customers and coworkers so this was a good job.
Great Job. Excellent work enviroment
QC/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJune 12, 2013
Great job with excellent benefits and big bonuses but only get paid monthly. Fork lift certified. Co-workers were great people. Good place to work. Few employees that work there but they are a growing small business but eventually will be a successful company. Good outlook
Pros
Excellent pay/Bonuses
Cons
Monthly Pay
Productive place to work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 29, 2016
I continually face new opportunities and challenges in my work, which is both stimulating and rewarding. My core responsibilities include leading the day-to-day account management.
Cons
No employee medical insurance
Good office staff and maintanance team!
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2016
Tenants are very different but nice people. The office staff is very helpful and feels comfortable. My job itself I love it. My hours very good with my home life. Maintenance is hard working and work well with office. Sometimes is has been hard with a boss that micromanages from a different state but he means well. This job has been a good learning experience.
Great Company
Flatbed Student Trainee (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 26, 2014
Great company, rigorous, top notch training program. Company paid transportation to training and accomodations provided on site.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
home time
fun, interaction with customers
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 27, 2016
Hardest part of the Job is trying to get everything done, IE: keeping the shelves stocked, cooler stocked, store clean, customers happy, and not being able to do it all. but the best part is being part of a team where everybody works together to do it all, so you don't have to do it all yourself.
Pros
Team work, great customers, good company to work for
Cons
not enough time to get every thing done.
Estable work enviroment
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXApril 25, 2016
My day is full of work and duties, every day I learn how to deal with many kind of issues, the hard part of my job is fire employees.
Good Company To Work For With Flexible Schedule
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 24, 2012
Maverick Systems, Inc. was a good company to be employed by. A typical day at work consisted of Software development at home or office, and/or implementing the software at the company for which it was designed. I learned a lot about PC's and numerous engineer fields. The management was good, kind, and very charitable. When I had to work with other people, they were usually very kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job was probably planning the design of the software, and the times when I had to work by myself for long, extended, periods of time. The most enjoyable part was probably working with other people and a very flexible schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule, free lunches, salaried position, good people 2 work with
Cons
sometimes long/lonely hrs, driving distance, job insecurity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAVERICK. Our community is ready to answer.

80%