MAVERICK Employee Reviews

FOOD PREP & BAKER (Former Employee) –  West Haven, UTNovember 20, 2017
I highly enjoyed it but the pay was really low. I couldn’t support myself on that. Besides that it was fast paced which made the day go by quickly. They held high standards for the food we made and they strictly stood by them. Great quality food.
Pros
Everything, exceptional standards on food
Cons
The pay per hour, no breaks
Best
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 20, 2017
Working together as a team, was great. Always busy. Customer service is number one. Love seeing the regulars come back and have a great atmosphere to have lunch, dinner there. Great Seafood place and the best of out of the other seafood places out there.
awful
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Wilburton, OKNovember 17, 2017
this company was a joke. I started my career in finance with this company, and i had the worst manager ever. she was terrible at her job, i dont know how she ever got promoted
Maverick
Adventure Guide (Current Employee) –  St. George, UTNovember 9, 2017
I do not mind a fast paced environment but they expect you to hustle and you only get a 15 min break for a complete 8 hours or more.

There are negative people who are allowed to act negative and complain and everybody else has to tolerate it.
Fun work place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 25, 2017
Good place to work. I only worked here for a week. The people were nice that I worked with. I loved helping customers. I also really liked the pay and the hours they gave me.
Drama Filled Place
Motorclothes (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 9, 2017
My manager was a moody rude lady, and anyone else who works up there would say the same. Everyone was sleeping with everyone and it was one big poo storm of a place to work. Almost like being in high school again. Dirty videos of my HR lady being sent around type of poo storm. No thanks.
Pros
motorcycles and clothes discounts
great fun atmosphere
Maverik Country Store (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYSeptember 22, 2017
Maverik! I loved my position at this company. Working with the customers and getting to know them on a personal level was the best part of the job. It is fast paced and the company has high standards. There is a potential for job advancement here!
fast paced and fun
clerk/ops manager in training (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYSeptember 5, 2017
work an 8 hour shift needing each shift to pull their duties, customers were consistent have to be very tolerant of people bc sometimes they can be very rude management was very helpful and caring
This job was amazing!!
Adventure Chef (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WYJuly 28, 2017
I had so much fun working here. my teem did very well together and I wish to work here again. I worked in the bakery. if things were slow we could take breaks at our leisure.
Pros
Great place to work, free drinks, frequent breaks
Cons
they closed the store to remodel, everyone was on unpaid leave
Great Management Team
Cashier / Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDJuly 4, 2017
It was a great job other then the lack of communication among co workers. I started out as a prep cook and then I moved on to working graveyard shift and that was okay but the hours could really take a toll on your health especially when you have kids or teenagers at home

Want to know more about MAVERICK?

Ask a question
Long periods of no customers, night manager was rude
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTJune 26, 2017
The general manager was really nice, stocking drinks in the freezer can be painful on the skin. The worst part was the night manager who was pushy and rude. He would often leave and I would have to cover for him at the till.
Pros
It was a good starting job
Cons
Bad management at the time, it's better now
Fun work place. Fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJune 18, 2017
Very busy store its fast pace and you can learn a lot. Advancements are available with regular raises. But very strict rules about the job e g. Your till has to balance with no errors. Cannot be late . However they treat their employers very well
Pros
Free food
Cons
Short breaks
Maverick
Operator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 5, 2017
Over The Road Trucking, You get as many miles as you can manage, respectable attempts to getting you home for 34 hour reset. forced dispatch in respect to location and delivery.
its a fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  cashierJune 3, 2017
I love maverick. It's a great place to work besides the pay. I love all the employees and the manager. the customers are amazing and understanding. I've been there 2 years and just want to move city's.
High school Drama
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 30, 2017
The work environment was like being back in high school. No chain of command. The manager had their favorites and the work hours were given out accordingly. When a serious matter arose the person (manager) didn't want to deal with it. It was too much paperwork for them to handle.
Pros
walking distance from home
Cons
management
You get what you pay for...and this company offers little
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 23, 2017
This company says they are "Adventures First Stop"...they should tell applicants "Your Life's Last Stop". They advertise competitive wages, but how is minimum wage competitive? They say great benefits and do offer insurance, but what else they offer are things like 20% off price at places in Utah when they will fire you outright if caught drinking a cup of coffee you forgot to pay for. EVERY convenience store chain at least offers free coffee/soda while on shift, but this company justifies being cheap by offering discounts for businesses out of state or things you'll never use. Also expect unfair work loads due to the companies broken payroll calculator. Your store could be ultra busy, but if sales are down on certain items they will cut the budget and expect the store to look like its operating with twice the staff. Have a life of your own? DON'T APPLY! You will constantly be called to cover other shifts (especially management). The way this company treats it's employees makes it hard to attract or keep reliable people which means constant call ins and YOU the hard worker will suffer. I'm a father and this employer nearly cost me my family due to the fact that I was always at work. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else
Great environment!
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTMay 7, 2017
Great boss! Had a lot of fun working with the crew and most of the customers were great. Being such a busy store stop for many people, it was great to have gained extra skills in working at such a fast paced speed. Working here only improved my quality and efficiency skills EVERYDAY!
Pros
Mostly everything.
Cons
Worked there for such a short time.
fun work place amazing customers and people to work with.
head cashier/deli (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVApril 8, 2017
great place to work everybody " customers, and employees " were awesome and fun to be around. everbody was very nice and very helpful when and or if i ever needed any help. working at maverick in my experience was pretty great i felt like i was working with family on some days.and days that we were really busy we got the job done and made customers happy kept everything stocked and place clean.
Pros
its a very friendly environment
Cons
na
Excellent Stable Company
OTR Driver/Trainer (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 5, 2017
Excellent transportation company, great corporate culture. Equipment is top notch and being continuously upgraded. Routes and dedicated customers are solid.
Fast paced
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work would be cleaning tables,floors,organizing, helping the chefs clean after big events

Management was ok. I'm a person that is focused on during my job the best way that it can be done.

I loved the workplace. Great environment and i got to meet a lot of talented cooks and chefs.

The hardest part of my job was when there were big cooperate events. The cleaning was a little overwhelming but all my coworkers were hopefully and helped me up a lot.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to taste all the great foods they made being that it was a Culinary school. I also learned a couple things myself.