Maverik Employee Reviews

Great work environment.
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UT 84770October 19, 2017
Worked there for two years, the only issues I've ever experienced is co-workers not doing their share of the work and causing work distress. They work great with your schedule, they understand life happens every once in awhile and give great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Co-workers.
Workplace Drama and Bad Management
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDOctober 14, 2017
Manager is lazy & does bare minimum then leaves others to pick up the slack. Handles issues in a childish way and doesn't care about those who work hard. Pits other managers against each other and does not support them when they make decisions. Puts extreme pressure on good working employees and let's others slack.
Pros
Some health benefits, 401k
Cons
Store director
Great place to work.
Adventure Guide (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 13, 2017
Typical work days. You do alot of cleaning and you see alot of costumers. You don't ever have to worry about not having something to do. It can be stressful on a super busy day. But its okay because everyone is there to work and will help out.
Pros
50% off consumable items, friendly coworkers, management is understanding, great benefits.
Cons
nothing i can think of.
Very poor management!!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTOctober 11, 2017
Terrible management. Would never recommend someone to work there. No advancement or recognition EVER! Very foul mouth language amount employees and management. Very rude store manager. Assistant manager was AMAZING!!! Pretty good with flexible scheduling but not benefits or raises ever given when promised to be given.
Pros
Discount, flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks, management
Poorly managed company where the buck always goes down the ladder
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  AZOctober 4, 2017
Extremely inept store managers who only partly train their employees. Management problems like understaffing and vendor issues are blamed on front line employees. Company policies like employee discounts are routinely withheld by store managers. Lawsuits have been filed against Maverik for failing to provide breaks to employees in WA, and for firing employees with disabilities in WY.
Pros
Merchandise is a fast ticket to obesity
Cons
Inept management, underpaid and overworked
It was a fun place to work
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  North Salt Lake, UTOctober 3, 2017
The only issue I had at my location was people refusing to come in causing me to stay for 16 hour shifts, that were not worth it considering the low pay.
A place to work.
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTSeptember 30, 2017
Went through to many managers. Didn't appreciate the employees, or the safety of the overnight staff. Had one manager that did but he left shortly after starting.
Its a job.. gets repetitive
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 29, 2017
Its a good job, you just have to be willing to put forth effort and think for yourself. You cant wait for others to always tell you what to do. Its very easy to learn and its actually quite simple to get things done properly and enjoy it.
Pros
50% discount on shift
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Maverik
Attendant (Former Employee) –  OregonSeptember 28, 2017
Company is penny pinching to the max. They less they can give you, the better. Almost no full-time positions, meaning the "great benefits" are never actually dispersed.
Great company only they aren't clear about their standards upon hire
Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 27, 2017
I loved working for Maverik, however they simply don't care about their employees enough and would rather suffer the loss of employee after employee rather than change their policies to better fit I502 laws set forth in the state of Washington. Horrible management who only care about their own necks and not the well being of their employees. I felt lied to and filthy after leaving this place. I do not recommend working here unless you support a company who refuse to obey our states laws and blatantly lies to you.
Benefits
Cons
Lying Management
fun place to work
Adventure Guide (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 20, 2017
The managers are very accommodating. I enjoy working there and the people are fun to work with. You gain lifetime friends if you work there. I am sad to leave.
Demanding and Fast-paced
Cashier and Food Service (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 9, 2017
It's a highly stressful environment, with no breaks, and no chance to breath. Employees don't want to be there, management doesn't want to be there. Everyone just wants to go home. Customers are rude. Nobody work as a team.
Horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 6, 2017
Management was rarely there and when she left a teenager in charge of the store & all employees. I got sick at work and was forced to stay, a co worker had to carry me to their car & take me to the emergency
Great Company. Casper store great. Torrington store awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Casper and TorringtonSeptember 6, 2017
I very much enjoyed working at the Maverik in Mills. It was positive and fun and I learned new things all of the time. The Store Director was great and encouraged me to climb the ladder, She cared and appreciated my hard work.

My experience at the Torrington store was much different. Management and coworkers were very rude and unprofessional. I have never worked with such inappropriate people in my life. I didn't learn anything more than I had been taught in Casper. I have never been so underappreciated for my hard work in my life. They are all immediate relatives and it is the worst case of nepotism and favoritism I have ever seen. I felt bullied and mistreated almost daily. I did enjoy the customers many of whom I have known for years. The job itself was fine but the coworkers were not.
Pros
Discounts, customers
Cons
Mean incompetent coworkers
Fun, fast paced place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTSeptember 4, 2017
Maverik was fun to work at, Management was easy to get along with. Management was flexible with days that I needed off or a shorter shift that I needed to work
Cons
Quick paced job with a lot going on.
Adventure Guide Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTSeptember 1, 2017
Maverik is a very busy in and out kind of store. I've learned plenty about customer service and satisfaction and have received some life lessons about working in customer service. It's a great job for interaction and you meet some interesting people. In my experience, my managers were usually fair and decent and were nice to me. My Store Director worked with me on my schedule and on my time off so for that she's a good boss in my book. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers. The most enjoyable part would have to be the interaction with fellow co workers and customers.
Good compnay horrible store manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring Creek, NVSeptember 1, 2017
maverick the company is a good company to work for they give great benefits but the store in spring creek has a store manager that is hard to get along with and please she constantly yells at you even if you are doing your job right
Great Fast-Paced Place to Work
Cashier/ Adventure Guide (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDAugust 29, 2017
As an adventure guide, I would help our guests with starting their day, ending it, or making a pit stop along the way and provide my customer service skills to ensure that they were cared for. I would ensure that they were able to take advantage of current offers and ring up products for purchase. The management will work with you to resolve any issues that may arise during your shift and is a great place to work because of the people that work there.
Pros
Discounts on food products
Cons
minimal breaks
Ok if you can manage to fit in to their culture
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 23, 2017
Very smart and talanted executive management. But they expect a lot out of you. You need to ba a strong and visable producer to be successful here. its tough to do.
Manager id never there.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, UTAugust 18, 2017
The manager is never at the store. Never helps. Even when short staffed. Would let new staff members leave whenever that wanted. I asked for time off 8 weeks ahead of time and she didn't give it to me off because she didn't want to work.