Maverix Biomics is a biotech startup that provides a cloud-based Software-as-a-Service platform for life science researchers to perform studies using next generation sequencing technologies. Users can collaborate in a secure environment across multiple geographic sites, and use pre-configured pipelines composed of popular open-source software and algorithms to conduct research on a broad range of organisms. By integrating genomic data from multiple public and private sources, our clients’ data is put in context for analysis. This gives researchers the ability to focus their attention, ask the right questions, and leverage other research data for creating breakthroughs in understanding and making new biological discoveries.
We are currently looking for a talented bioinformatics scientist/engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and responsible for designing and developing bioinformatics data analysis pipelines using next generation sequencing data, evaluating and optimizing bioinformatics tools for different data sets and analyses, developing and reengineering data analysis software, and curating genome annotations. You will work in a fast-paced environment with other scientists and software engineers to design and develop an easy-to-use system for biologists without computational background.
- MS or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or related discipline
- Experience in next generation sequencing data analysis such as RNA-seq differential expression analysis, genotyping and CNV analysis, and ChIP-seq analysis
- Experience in de novo genome assembly and/or genome annotations is a plus
- Working knowledge in Perl and/or Python
- Experience in C, C++, and R is a plus
- Good working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
Indeed - 20 months ago