Mavis Tire Employee Reviews in United States

Unstable work environment
Alignment technician/ Auto maintenance (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 9, 2015
I worked at Mavis tire for about 2 and a half years, there was always a new manager every couple of months that has a new way of doing things, in addition inexperienced employees hired at or a higher a hourly wage than me. Being an experienced automotive technician, $13+ is a reasonable rate however Mavis tire starts you at $9.25+ commission, especially with the employee turnover rate, I believe long-term employees should be compensated for their experience. I learned tires and alignments while working at Mavis, so employment there definitely did give me experience that is beneficial. The most enjoyable part of the job was when we had a stable manager and system.
Fun workplace, interesting culture interesting culture and characteristics
Technician automotive (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 7, 2013
The job does teach one how to deal with not only customers,but also co-workers. The job also places an emphasis on workplace hustle, to get the job done and have happy customers. I learned working at that particular company/establishment that the shop workers values are not neccessarily the values of higher ranking company employees.
Pros
compensation
Cons
co-worker and higher rankings values
n/a
Manager / Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PennsylvaniaAugust 7, 2013
Room for advancement is scarce also health care package leaves a significant amount to be desired
fun
Lead inventory specialist for the Upstate New York (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2015
Drove around new York taking inventory
got a company truck and cell phone
Pros
fun job
Cons
always driving
Productive and fun work place
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 1, 2013
A typical work day is mounting, rotating, and fixing tires. Assiting customers with there orders. Working with fellow employees.

2.8