Max & Erma's Employee Reviews

Very low moral
Host (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 4, 2017
The general manager was accused of theft and a few other allegations surfaced over the course of my time working here. I did like my coworkers but I believe that poor management breeds a poor work environment and frankly this one was terrible. Despite getting along well with my coworkers I remember people being very on edge working here and no one seemed to respect management.
fun enviroment and flexable
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJuly 31, 2017
Was a higher class place to work and have fum with the quest. Staff was fun to work with. recomeend for a good dining expierence.recomend eating here.
Pros
Good lunch breaks
Cons
no late night guest
very fun place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 28, 2017
Very fun work place. Easy flexible hours. Free cookie wednesdays. Great tips. Very understanding company. Management had favorites and treated all workers differently.
Pros
Fun workers, good food, great customers
Cons
On your feet all day
Great first job
Host /Server (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 21, 2017
I learned a lot about people, and what it means to serve, great foundation for customer service, management was a little rough around the edges and to be honest not very conducive.
Drama
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJune 21, 2017
Hopefully they have gotten better but it's way too much drama in that establishment, they need to build on more professionalism within their company asap.
Maintenace worker (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WV plum squareJune 20, 2017
I worked almost 3 years with that company need more workers on weekends I enjoyed my job I always willing to stay or work more days I also fixed pluming problems .I did anything I was asked I even got employe of the month last year
Pros
Discount on dinner
Cons
Not enough workers on weekends
Great People / Environment
Supervisor & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 31, 2017
Company no longer is open but the time that I did work there was good. I worked as a Supervisor and Bartender for my time at Max & Ermas. My day to day was to set schedules, inventory, Kitchen management, making sure our guests were happy. When needed I also worked as the lead bartender.
Max & Erma's Review
Server (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 26, 2017
This was a very stressful work environment. All of the servers were struggling to make ends meet therefore there was a lot of table cutting. Management rarely helped out especially when we were extremely busy which was typical. The greatest part was that this location was at an airport and I had the opportunity to meet many good people from all over the world.
Pros
Variety of people
Cons
Lack of help from management
Fun work environment
Server/Carryout/Expo (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 26, 2017
The management I had during my time here was excellent. All very hardworking and loved their employees. I worked various jobs at the location which was fun and allowed for a diverse learning experience. Only negatives was a workers compensation issue that took over a year and various phone calls to correct. Overall, a fun place to work especailly if it is your first restaurant experience.
Pros
Allowed for experience with many different jobs that company held, hired like-minded and friendly staff, management always great to work for.
Cons
Worker compensation issue, when location closed many workers did not have notice and were left without a job.
Fun place to work. Warming environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMay 16, 2017
This is an awesome place to work for. The staff are very welcoming, fun, energetic, and well rounded people to be around. The management staff are great but could use some improvement in communication.
Good place for my first job experiences
Host/ Busboy/ Line Cook/ Dish/ Carry-Out/ Expo (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 8, 2017
I didn't really have typical days at this restaurant because I did a lot of different jobs. I would float around when needed doing various tasks. I learned a lot about customer satisfaction and about the restaurant industry in general. This was one of my first jobs so I learned a lot about the real world work environment as well. The workplace culture was fun, but could get very stressful on busy nights. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with upset customers in an appropriate manner. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning all about the restaurant business.
Pros
Really good first hand job experience
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Friendly staff, willing to work with busy schedules
Server (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 6, 2017
I have been with this company since 2011. It was my first job and I have been dedicated to doing better every day. I have worked here through high school and college. Management has worked with my busy schedule and enabled me to work the desired shifts.

Staff is friendly and works as a team. I learned about leadership, being one of the longest working employees there. I have gained an understanding of the management process and will help managers with their duties.

I have gathered an excellent understanding in customer service. I am able to maintain a positive and friendly attitude even in the hardest, most high pressure times. I have learned how to effectively communicate and satisfy customers needs with innovative ideas and quick problem solving.

The most rewarding part of the business is gaining regulars who get to know you and make connections with you. Satisfying customers, and knowing you are making a difference.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedules
Cons
short shifts, limited shift avaliability.
great fun workplace clean great food
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHMarch 4, 2017
good food good people great location this was the best job ive obtained so far i loved every minute there i even got a promotion there
management is sketchy
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 27, 2017
management constantly seeming sketchy about business. managers sleeping with other employees. had some managers doing drugs in the office. business extremely slow
Good people all around
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Great restaurant to cook for very clean, loved everyone i worked with. Management was very flexible with me.
Less hours in the winter due to this location being an outdoor mall.
Fun workplace
Cook, Server, Carryout Order Provider (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDFebruary 18, 2017
Fast-paced, overall fun workplace. Can be extremely stressful at times. Management could be better. Easy to get along with coworkers. I learned mostly basic skills about food service procedures.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not great pay
Decent Place to Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day at work was enjoyable. Had a lot of good friends on the job. Sections were not very large and I did not make as much money here as I have in previous serving jobs. Had some of the worst management I have ever dealt with but all else was alright.
Flexible hours, quick cash
MIXOLOGIST / CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2016
Overall a good place to work. Fast-paced with potential to advance. Management team was helpful and other team members as well. I quickly transitioned from serving to bartending within 2 months.
An opinion
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 22, 2016
PROS- waitresses were very friendly and even brought some water for my pup. Quick to take orders and bring the check. Garden side salad was decent and fresh. They had a fair wine list- not huge but more than just one white and one red.

CONS- Barely any vegetarian options- seriously limited. I think it was the worst chicken tortilla soup I have ever had. I always set my standards low for things like airports but this soup was basically cream and cheese I think with a few little chunks of chicken and some spice. It made me sad but I ate it, trying to convince myself it was alright.
Everything has ups and downs
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOAugust 13, 2016
Overall, this has been a wonderful place to work. Great people that became great friends, and excellent management. Towards the end of my run, though, a lot of things were going bad. Plumbing would back up, and KEEP backing up, the line coolers kept breaking down and would not hold the temp, so everything would be shoved in the back or into other people's coolers, you know, simple things that could easily be replaced. Instead, though, they would get worked on, and break down yet again.

Don't get me wrong, though. I really did absolutely enjoy working here. I just thought it was time for me to move on and find out what more I could do in life. I would highly recommend applying, though, if they end up hiring. I wouldn't even hesitate to go back myself.
Pros
Half-off meals
Cons
Coolers kept breaking down