I have worked for Max & Erma's for 3 years now, I have seen a variety of typical work days.
1. I open the store, and run a few stations and a section of five tables, the section is large enough to seat up to 30 guests.
2. The day is rather routine, I greet the guests tell them the store promotions, fundraisers, and events that may be coming up. I interact with the guests, pertaining to their work day, what they do, and how my classes are going.
3. The great majority of the guests, like me a lot.
4. I have learned a great deal about how to give the guests exactly what they pay for, and also something unexpected. I give the best service that I can, without going overboard, or making the guests feel uncomfortable.
5. The management could use a little more education in dealing with understanding the flow of business, the guest, food safety, and how to treat people.
6. The majority of my co workers were fun to be around, they have given me a connection as a friend, moreso, than a coworker.
7. The most difficult task about being a server is having to adjust to getting multiple tables of guests at one time.
8. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the experience, to become more self managing.