Max & Erma's Employee Review

View all Max & Erma's reviews

An up beat working environment
mentor to junior team members (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 16, 2013
I have worked for Max & Erma's for 3 years now, I have seen a variety of typical work days.
1. I open the store, and run a few stations and a section of five tables, the section is large enough to seat up to 30 guests.

2. The day is rather routine, I greet the guests tell them the store promotions, fundraisers, and events that may be coming up. I interact with the guests, pertaining to their work day, what they do, and how my classes are going.

3. The great majority of the guests, like me a lot.

4. I have learned a great deal about how to give the guests exactly what they pay for, and also something unexpected. I give the best service that I can, without going overboard, or making the guests feel uncomfortable.

5. The management could use a little more education in dealing with understanding the flow of business, the guest, food safety, and how to treat people.

6. The majority of my co workers were fun to be around, they have given me a connection as a friend, moreso, than a coworker.

7. The most difficult task about being a server is having to adjust to getting multiple tables of guests at one time.

8. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting the experience, to become more self managing.
Pros
experience

Other Max & Erma's Employee Reviews

i worked with 6 people on regular basis an learned each other
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHAugust 5, 2017
I would prep for my station and learn what I needed if a rush or a big party would come in so I didn't have to be late on my orders. I would then watch my screen an try to push orders out at an appropriate time. here and there we would probably have roughly 20 orders on one screen an have to work in a fashionable time to get the food out at push on to the next order. I learned to work quick and take my time, I also learned rushing will not help you an more than taking your time.
Pros
discounted food, learning how to cook in quantity
Cons
always on a rush an not always having enough to cook through the night
Very low moral
Host (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 4, 2017
The general manager was accused of theft and a few other allegations surfaced over the course of my time working here. I did like my coworkers but I believe that poor management breeds a poor work environment and frankly this one was terrible. Despite getting along well with my coworkers I remember people being very on edge working here and no one seemed to respect management.