Max & Erma's Employee Review

View all Max & Erma's reviews

Laid back, cool people not enough hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 8, 2014
I woud get in at the begging of my shift and make sure my section was tidy and ready to be sat. Then check out my in work which is what I have to do before every shift. Then I would occasionally sit/greet people. I would get a table then I would serve them to the best of my capabilities. I learned some new serving techniques that you can learn at a fast passed restaurant. My co-workers were all really cool people, they were all much older then me, but I still enjoyed being around them everyday. The hardest thing about this job was being able to pick up hours. They had so many people working in this tiny restaurant. It was hard to more around, and difficult to get good shifts and hours.
Pros
Half off food, nice people all the time
Cons
not enough hours, small dinning area to serve

Other Max & Erma's Employee Reviews

i worked with 6 people on regular basis an learned each other
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHAugust 5, 2017
I would prep for my station and learn what I needed if a rush or a big party would come in so I didn't have to be late on my orders. I would then watch my screen an try to push orders out at an appropriate time. here and there we would probably have roughly 20 orders on one screen an have to work in a fashionable time to get the food out at push on to the next order. I learned to work quick and take my time, I also learned rushing will not help you an more than taking your time.
Pros
discounted food, learning how to cook in quantity
Cons
always on a rush an not always having enough to cook through the night
Very low moral
Host (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 4, 2017
The general manager was accused of theft and a few other allegations surfaced over the course of my time working here. I did like my coworkers but I believe that poor management breeds a poor work environment and frankly this one was terrible. Despite getting along well with my coworkers I remember people being very on edge working here and no one seemed to respect management.