MAXIM HEALTH SERVICES Employee Reviews

Motivated staff, non-biased, results oriented, exceptional training
Behavioral Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 11, 2015
The intense training process allows professionals to advance in career setting. There are opportunities for growth. The supervisions were constructive and helped me grow into a better counselor. Staff cares about fellow employees and clients. Very respectful atmosphere. Would like to work with company again if school permits.
Pros
Intensive Training, Diligent staff, effective supervision, room to grow, open to ideas
Cons
Must use own gas money to drive aroundl
"Bait and switch" tactics by recruiter
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Near Albequerque NMJanuary 14, 2015
Hired for a long term travel job. Two weeks in, advised place was closing. Regional recruiter and I had a personality conflict so he very effectively stopped me from continuing to work in same job, different clinic. This recruiter sent emails to another region telling them not to hire me as I was "disrespectful". He did not like being questioned by an assertive older woman.
Essentially, a 6-12 month dream assignment turned into a 7 week nightmare. I refuse to try other regions as my experience with Maxim's Albequerque office and their regional recruiter was just a complete disaster.
I find it hard to believe someone as non-clinical, ill-suited, and unable to handle their position holds this much power over my career direction.
Pros
pay was good.
Cons
dishonesty re benefits, job opportunities
friendly enviroment but with some flawsli
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 11, 2013
I've been working for maxim for 3+ years I love the staff they are friendly and professional the work is a bit unstable, but I was aware of this when I started I work with pediatrics which I enjoy but I feel for long time employees with no write ups and absents should atleast get a raise or atleast holiday pay because I generally work all holidays and I also feel there is no room to grow in this company to me I feel the nurses who care for the patients are an important asset to the company without us the company cannot run, and I feel we are under appreciated and took advantage of I know for a fact this is a multi million dollar company but they are too greedy to pay the nurses a bit more atleast gas mileage which is sad to me because if every nurse at maxim quits maxim would be out of business, so for the nurses cna & lvn keep all of this in mind but I can't speak for RN's
Pros
friendly staff very professional
Cons
no holiday pay, no sick leave and no raises
a horrible place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXDecember 29, 2015
this agency does not care if their employees have work or not. you can beat your head against a brick wall and they still won't give their nurses enough work. Of course, some nurses do get enough work, but for those who don't continually squack, there is no work for us.
Pros
Cons
have to be desparate to work there
as nursing agencies go , they are not too bad
ventilator nurse (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLFebruary 19, 2013
Its a nursing agency staffing home health so therefore it is mostly medicaid patients. Medicaid has not raised the rate for nurses in close to 20 so nurses have not gotten a raise in that amount of time. This problem will be found at all agencies and is not exclusive to Maxim.
Pros
its agency so not difficult to get time off
Cons
no raise in close to 20 years, poor benefits, no paid sick, holiday, or vacation
Fun to do for supplemental
Flu Shot and Wellness Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCOctober 8, 2014
Maxim Flu Shots and Wellness Clinics are a good way to supplement your income with flexible hours. The Clinics usually run weekdays from early morning to mid-afternoon. The company trains you and you can sign up for as many clinics as are available. Training is both in person and online, with many of the online courses counting towards CE's. You are paid minimum wage for the training (both online and in person), which is a pretty good deal given that some employers don't pay you at all during training.
Pros
extra income, flexibility as you choose what you want to do. the attitude is upbeat and the patients are fun.
Cons
rns paid at lpn rates. this is not intended to be a career.
Mostly per diem work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYDecember 29, 2013
When employed by Maxim HLTH Serv. I worked assignment based details. my experience at maxim taught me how to work side by side a registered nurse in all types of weather both internally and externally. Management delegated daily activities as needed. my co-workers were pleasant and helpful, although at one point i was given a vaccine i did not ask for. I didn't quite understand the affects of the influenza vaccine to my general health. The most challenging aspect of working for maxim health services was the issue with receiving payment for time worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the public.
Pros
gained knowledge of influenza vaccine
Cons
not sufficient hours of work
One on one nursing, Incredible opportunity to make a difference in the life of your patient and their family.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Maxim offers exellent benefits to its employees. However, when a client enters a hospital for more than 2 weeks, benefits are lost. As pediatric homecare clients are medically fragile, this typically happens 1-2 times per year. There is a delay to requalify for benefits and deductibles begin from scratch. Advise any homecare clinician to find private healthcare and life insurance coverage. Nurse Services Organization is a good source.
Pros
extremely rewarding to make such a difference in the life of someone so totally dependent on others.
Cons
heartbreaking when client declines, complex cases can be stressful
great company
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  gainesville,flJune 30, 2015
This is a great company that pays well and take care of you. If you don't need many benefits because it is a contract job but everything else is good.
Wrap around service for children with disabilities
Therapeutic Behavior Aide (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 12, 2013
Nice place to work. Time management was extremely important. The management was proficient. There was little interaction between co-workers for the external employees. The most difficult area of the job would the travel to various clients. The most rewarding part was witnessing the progression of the clients to functional members of society.
poor work environment
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 6, 2014
The company at one point was amazing to work for, until they did a bunch of changes. Now the staff is unable to take time to help, communicate, or even reply back in a timely manner to their employees or clients.
Cons
no ot, always on-call, no holiday pay, no benefits, unsafe work environments.
good place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 1, 2013
liked working here. great staffers. great hoursa typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
DO NOT include any personally
I would not even apply
Staff (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 1, 2014
Temp job, Take's them months to call back but if you do not call back the same day they threaten to fire you. Recruiters are new and have no idea what they are doing. Many are rude and think that you owe them something. I had worked for them previously and my recruiters then were nice and they would go out of their way to get you spots. The new ones (since they seem to go through them so much) are rude, snotty, and act like they do not have time. During an interview on of the office (recruiters) was doing her toenails at the desk and the front desk person was on her cell phone talking about her night. Very unprofessional group!!
Pros
pick your own schedule
Cons
recruiters were not nice and down right rude
Poor Communication
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Working in hospital
Hospital policies
Great management
Reliable co-workers
Not enough hours
Going to work when able
Pros
n/a
Cons
disorganized
Growing health care company, solid place to begin a career in recruiting and sales.
Account Manager-Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 7, 2012
Centrus Home Care, a division of Maxim Heath Systems is a home health care company dedicated to providing quality services to patients confined to the home.

A typical day in the office consists of staffing and recruiting home health care nurses, scheduling and managing corporate wellness events and managing sales KPIs to monitor branch growth.
Cons
very limited growth potential, poor mentor program, lack of corporate support.
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CaApril 14, 2015
I have enjoyed working for this company, it is a good company to work for and you basically get to set your own schedule. The work is pretty easy and it usually isn't the same thing every day.
The few people I met while working in a clinic are helpful!
Seasonal Flu Clinic Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2014
I only work with this company during the flu season, thus it does not give me much chance to write a review. I only see the office to pick up materials needed to put up the clinic for the day so interaction with the regular staff is limited.
Pros
we pretty much work on our own
Cons
the time given for us to work is limited
Agency Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Northgate, WAApril 21, 2015
Worked at the prison; Hard most days working with inmates on the maximum security or special offenders unit. Need to be on your toes at all times!
I wrote a review for Maxim
Infusion Nurse Specialist/Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TxFebruary 22, 2014
Maxim is a great place to work in home health and home infusion. The teamwork there is great, I like the open door policy and senior staff all have their specialties so you can count on one to be there g\for you when needed
great environment, cares for staff and clients
HHA (Former Employee) –  Wilkes Berre, PAMarch 17, 2014
i enjoyed working there they gave me an awesome opportunity to learn and respect individuals who suffer with mental and physical disabilities
Pros
communication travel
Cons
must have a vehicle

2.9