Maxim Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Found 2,050 reviews matching the search
Okay
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2017
Low paying job. Hours are not guaranteed Very little employee support... no benefits offered. This job is okay for supplemental income but not your main income source
Agency staffing
STNA (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHAugust 16, 2017
Ability to work in nursing homes, clients own home and hospitals. Variety of options. Great pay. Shift differential, perks of picking up last minute shifts
One of my favorite jobs I've ever had!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAAugust 15, 2017
Maxim was a great place to work. I loved all of my clients. The management had their days but for the most part they were cool. The only reason I left the job was because I moved to NJ.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Fun
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
Maxim is a nice place to work for. The staff is very helpful and laid back and the job is stress free. They do all they can to ensure that you have a good work experience.
One on One with paitents
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bala-Cynwyd, PAAugust 15, 2017
I loved working with this company working with patients in their home I love being able to help people with their families can't always be there 24hrs
Pros
Communication
Feel like a number
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Long hours and on-call with little reward. The co-workers were great but the corporation made it feel like a factory. Poor structure of the organization allowed for cannibalization among the office.
Pros
Young culture
Cons
Poor structure
very good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 15, 2017
You work with elderly people in the hospital,senior living, learned how to love and take care of people who are need, the job is not hard, I enjoy working with special need people because they need love to go on with their daily activities
Fair position with much flexibility
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 14, 2017
Very manageable for CNA's. It's easy to call in and ask for a new case, or to drop one. Maxim requires specific training, and provide you with everything you need to get it done.
The do care about their patients
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 14, 2017
Wound not return but learned a lot about pediatric care, trach care and became ventilator certified , loved working with children, enjoyed being with the patients.
Pros
confined to patients room
Cons
no breaks
great staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 13, 2017
maxim has some great people to work with. This is an agency so they are weeks that you may work 60 hrs a week and weeks that you work only one shift but they always tried to keep me working!
Pros
making your own schedule
Cons
feast or famine
Case managers ineffective
RN (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2017
Maxim had a ineffective system of intake, with much time and energy wasted on new admissions that were incomplete for intake. Hired in for a particular area and sent as much as 50miles away.
Pros
patient in home care
Cons
management
Maxim
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Saint Clairsville, OHAugust 12, 2017
Maxim gave me an opportunity to build my business career. I got to develop my business operations skills, recruiting, marketing, customer service, and employee engagement HR skills.
Typical home health company
LPN, Home Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 12, 2017
Salary has decreased. in the office I work from, there are no paid holidays or time and a half for working holidays for Medicaid cases,
Company health insurance is high cost high deductible
Pros
office staff is supportive
Cons
poor pay
Be flexible
LVN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 12, 2017
The office administrater is a fair and decent man. If your nice to the staff, they'll be nice to you, with some exceptions. If your in between assignments, the more flexible you can be, the better the results. I try to stay out of the office, at all costs. There has always been an RN supervisor available when needed.
I believe Maxim is one of the premier Home Healthcare companies out there. Just this year I was finally offered very affordable health care, thats a good start. If they really want to show me appreciation, provide me vacation time. I have 5 years senority .
Pros
Good training, flexibility
Cons
No paid vacation
An opportunity to challenge your career
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 12, 2017
There are many challenges and development opportunities her eat Maxim. It is an incredible way to jump start your career. This job can be brutal and is only for the tough hearted.
Good employer
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2017
Fair, decent wages and fun to work for. Hours can vary. Must work all different shifts. Meet a lot of people and get exposure at other companies. Worked at large companies
Pros
All hours available
Cons
need to work all hours
independent worker and productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cheverly, MDAugust 11, 2017
My work days are weekdays. Prepare the lab for clients first. Then monitor all the fridges and document on the paper. Prepare all the resources and get ready for the day. Once a week attend the huddle with the supervisor.
Pros
Enough break
Cons
no health benefits
home health
LPN (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXAugust 10, 2017
Basic home-health company. Alot of opportunities for extra hours, flexible schedule. Overall good atmosphere, but low pay and very behind the times.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
paper charting, low wages
Great for Temporary Assignments
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 10, 2017
If you have other means for insurance for instance, a spouse that can cover you on their insurance then this is perfect but if you have kids and are single then you probably need more full time with benefits type work.
productive nice people
Caregiver part time (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 10, 2017
I learned patience. to be on time. its very enjoyable work place. The hardest part of job was having to lift patient. But I did it. It made me stronger
Pros
nice people
Cons
not organized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Maxim Healthcare Services Reviews by Location