Maxim Healthcare Services Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,159 reviews matching the search
Great company, no work/life balance
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHMarch 5, 2016
I learned a lot at this company. My coworkers are amazing! My previous managers taught me a lot and i loved my job. Then we got another manager that never has done the typical recruiter position and made the job miserable, never takes accountability, putting all work on recruiters and having those managerial conversations with employees and customers made the job very depressing as when i started 2 years ago.

The advancement is there but it depends on the location. If you live in a rural town, there will be no further advancement unless the manager leaves. The benefits are wonderful but you will pay a good price for them.

This will be a great first job out of college to gain experience in management, payroll, recruiting, sales, and building customer services skills, then move on to another job to further your career.
Pros
Gain many skills needed for other jobs
Cons
no work/life balance
Multi talented in Nursing Professin
SubstituteNurse Staffing (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTFebruary 6, 2016
Nursing has given me the ability to challenge me personally, advancing from staff nurse to educator to administrator, researcher and consultant.

Management has recognized my strong ethics and professional competence and teamwork. Nursing has encompassed science, sociology, psychology and education.

I have developed long term relationships with my peers and supervisors, even after I have relocated to another career move.

This to me is a testament to my strength as a professional and respected colleague.

I enjoy my diversity and it has made me a better ell rounded practitioner with an outlook on the entire health system.

Challenges motivate me, change encourages me, my profession satisfies me.
Pros
Quality of care deliered
Cons
Nursing has created multi-tasking which is proven to tax the brain.
Great management
Personal Care Assistant/Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2016
Management is great with finding caregivers work.
Hardest part of the job is hours are sporadic and work/life balance can be difficult to manage.
Pros
Hours are plentiful, compensation is good
Cons
Work/life balance isnt great
Always work available on PRN basis
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2016
It is very easy to find work within Maxim however, they do not offer much training at all. The pay is terrible compared to other agencies for RN's.For example, if they staff a facility that facility usually pays around $45/hr, Maxim will offer you $16-18 an hour.
A typical day is a 12 hour shift which could be in a patients home, a school setting or in a facility. There are many opportunities to work in different capacities. If you are able to do school nursing a lot of the time you can stay in that position throughout the entire school year should you want something on a more consistent schedule. Management was really easy to work with and always available for questions. You do not really see or interact with other employees since you are typically sent out on jobs alone. The hardest part of the job was no benefits and terrible pay. The most enjoyable part was the patient care and experiences.
Pros
flexible scheduling, variety of work settings to choose from, pleasant staff, will hire new grads
Cons
very low RN compensation, no benefits, long commutes at times, no proper orientation to prepare you to go into the home
good place to work at that time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 21, 2016
worked one job most time but did fill-in on other job locations. Management was great unless you was a no show then you better just prepare for being in trouble.pretty much set pay rate, except got more on weekends. Worked in a variety of settings ,hospital, nursing homes. Then . Maybe different now.
Pros
pay was fair
Cons
no advancement work most holidays
Overall pretty positive company
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 14, 2015
Typically my usual workday consists of billing claims to commercial, as well as non-commercial insurances, making sure claims are billed as accurate and efficient as possible. After claims are billed, I follow-up with different payers, verifying they have received claims for payment. If claim is received but short paid or denied I try to determine what are the possible causes in order to get full payment of the claim. This position requires a person who is detail oriented, organized, as well as a person who is able to be a problem solver.

Management is good and co-workers are very nice and friendly. Most co-workers are willing to help when asked.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
highly stressful position
Awful
Healthcare Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 19, 2015
Terrible benefits, totally incompetent staff, poor ATS, poor employee and patient database, blatant racism, I could go on. There is a reason this company is open to hiring new college grads because they know that they are the few people who will stick around and do this work because they need a pay check. Be prepared to do a LOT of things way outside of your job description. Maxim will sell you the dream and then leave you out to dry. Very poor pay for the work required. Very unprofessional culture. Poor work/life balance, be prepared to burn out ESPECIALLY in the recruiter position. There is a reason the turnover rate here is so bad.

Lastly, Maxim exploits their workers by paying them ridiculously low pay rates.

Young people, take your skills and degree and go elsewhere. Or, get in, get a year for your resume, and then get out.
Flexible working environment with multiple shift oppurtunities
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2015
Total care given to clients including tracheotomy care, G-tube care
and infusion of Factor VIII through a subcutaneous port. Documented client care and reported documentation to Maxim supervisory staff. Projects included developing documentation booklet of client daily routine for caregivers. Created photographic representation of Factor VII supplies needed for the R.N to prepare for infusion. Maxim supervisors added this project to staff teaching at home office.

I learned a new and complicated skill, Good management. Enjoyed location and working with client and all family members. The hardest part was learning all of client need. The most enjoyable part was the client and famiy
Pros
Part time flexible schedule
Cons
Salary
High energy office billing insurance companies for home healthcare.
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 4, 2015
I was hired to try to get claims paid from Florida Medicaid that they had problems getting any payments from. I called Florida Medicaid, established a contact who set me up with a billing program and all day I billed Florida Medicaid for home healthcare. I began receiving 2 or more 5 and 6 figure checks. I researched any that didn't get paid and if possible got them paid. The company allowed me to take a laptop home on the weekends and I spent a lot of hours billing at home to be transmitted on Monday. The work atmosphere was pleasant and employees were treated very well and everyone seemed to work well together and help each other if needed. It was a nice place to work.
Pros
Raises, really nice employee parties for employee appreciation.
Cons
None.
Professional Company
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 13, 2016
Maxim Healthcare is a Home Health Agency providing care for disabled pediatric and geriatric patients. I have worked as a Flu Processor, Billing and Reimbursement specialist, and Field Support. There are many opportunities for growth development.
Pros
Benefits, possibility for bonus, and freedom for growth
Cons
Pay isn't as competitive as other companies.
Great Pay ! Be prepared to be fired at a moments notice !
RDH (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXNovember 13, 2015
Super Great pay !! You have to be prepared to work in austere environments , and intense federal back ground checks .
You get personal leave , but hardly anyone is allowed personal leave - If you have children this is not the place for you !
You are expected to work during all Holidays !
Be careful as you can be fired at a moments notice, for one pen mistake, as well as being watched under a microscope by immediate supervisors.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Great place to work with competitive team spirited atmosphere.
Payroll Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 13, 2016
I work on audits and help team mates when needed
I have learned most state withholding forms and how to complete them.
The management team conducts contests and games to keep morale high.
I get along with all my co-workers and we all work together to ensure the job gets done.
The hardest part of my job is slow times. I enjoy being busy.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
I love working for this company.
Habilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 8, 2016
I have absolutely loved working for this company. This year will make six years I've worked for them but I'm looking for something I can move up in. My bosses are great, I've never had a problem with them and they keep in contact and communicate very well with their employees. I would always recommend this company for anyone that is looking to work in this field.
Pros
Flexible working schedules, decent pay, great people to work for.
Cons
No chance in advancement and pay is limited.
Don't waste your time
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2015
I've worked with a couple of different Maxim offices and they were both unprofessional. I could never get anyone to call me back. You have to call every single day just to get a case or visit assigned to you. However, once, I was asked to pick up a visit and I declined it but they scheduled me for it anyway. I received good reviews, but never got a raise in the three years I worked there. Turnover on recruiters is high. I never had a problem getting paid on time and they offer free CEUs for nurses who need them. Look elsewhere if you're interested in home health or staffing.
Pros
free CEUs
Cons
see review
good for part time work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 9, 2015
I worked for this company for over 9 years. I can only recommend this company for part time work. This was my full time job for most of my time with the company. The company dont have a benefit package. The pay is not great at all. I refered two people to them for work before and neither person took on a position with the company. This company if so so good for flexability. If you do get a case assignment they and the family try to lock you in on a set shift that will cost you your flexability. The company will never support you in anything for as job security. If job security is a must have for you this is not the company for you. They constantly recruit people so people are always waiting for a case. They think nothing of letting you go; They money is more important to them than the nursing staff. I can only recommend this company as a temporary back up job.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, poor benefits, dont care about staff
Administrative Assistant
Sales Operation Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Downtown CincinnatiJuly 21, 2016
A typical day as an Administrative Assistant would be checking voicemails and emails by prioritizing which ones need action 1st. Checking my Manager's email and speaking with him/her to see if they have anything that needs to be done first. Check with my team to see if they have any upcoming trips, expense reports or special projects that I can assist them with. I learned that being a teamplayer is beneficial for me as well as my team, it builds trust. I learned that it's okay to ask for help from management and my co-workers and to offer help when needed. The hardest part of any job for me is Micromanagement. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a task or project through to the end.
Pros
Recognition for a job well done!
Cons
Not receiving requested information in a timely manner.
Do not work for the Pittsburgh division of Maxim Home Healthcare. They do not respect their field nurses.
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 31, 2016
Do not work for the Pittsburgh office of Maxim home healthcare. Office staff and management have no respect for their field nurses. Director of clinical services enjoys talking about and making derogatory statements about other staff.
Cons
Management disrespectful to field staff
Decent enough work atmosphere.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 16, 2016
- Depending on the shift, I drive out and start off with a hello and whatnot with the family -- checking in with the client on how their day was, as well as recent events.
- I've learned quite a bit about varying procedures for how the Home Health Care system works within the home and the care that can be provided.
- Management seems fine enough, a solid understanding of the system at hand and what is needed by both the caregivers and the clients.
- I've only met a few here and there but they all seem to be friendly, hard-working and outgoing people.
- The hardest part of the job? Not sure there is much that I would deem all that hard about it specifically, it's more some days seem harder than others depending on the situation.
- Working with the clients is my favorite part, getting to know them and understand them, it's wonderful because it aids my ability to give care that comforts.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Currently not enough hours
Disappointed
LPN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2016
After a whole month of my recruiters slowly telling me what they needed from me in order to start, which included a physical and PPD that I paid for... I finally was able to start work. After two months of working there, I have only worked three shifts although receiving several empty promises for other shifts and contracts. Then, to find out they actually pay you using a global cash card, which charges you for everything you do with it. You want to check your balance? You get charged. I can't even pay my car note with it. It's worthless. I am done with this company. It was the biggest disappointment I have ever experienced. Thank you, Maxim, for wasting a month of my limited resources and time in order to start with you and get screwed over.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
a typical workplace
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2015
Okay workplace with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tapes and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my collegues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
flexiable schedule
Cons
no breaks

Maxim Healthcare Services Reviews by Location