Maxim Integrated Products

Maxim Integrated Products Employer Reviews

Friendly enviroment
Wafer-FAB Technician (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: friendly, fast pace, employee perks
Cons: some engineers needed people skills
I loved working at Maxim and was offered to go back. But currently I need a part time job to be with my kids when they are home from school.

I worked as a fab operator 12hr shifts, long days but I tried to make it fun and productive.

After I was transferred to the office area to do purchasing. Spoke with people from all over the world via phone, email, Skype and in person. I'm grateful management gave me the opportunity to advance and experienced the best years of my working life there, my co workers were the best and we are still friends now.
The hardest part was the budget the economy changed during my time at maxim and we needed parts that exceeded our budget so the engineers and I had to write long purchase request with the explanations as of why we needed the items and some times got to talk with the company's CEO.
A great company to work for
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2015
Working for Maxim was very exciting and challenging. Having the opportunity to identify new innovative ways of doing business made the job very satisfying.
Fun team to work with
IT Analyst II (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: cutbacks removed most of my team
In IT, you never know what you will see.
Enjoyed most of my time there till recently.
Free donut or bagels
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: compensation
My co-workers worked as a team.
The hardest part of the job was when we don't get support from management if we had our account on credit hold from our vendor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when all AP staff got together to audit each other's work.
I learned to worked in a fast pace work environment.
A technically challenging place to work.
Principal Member of the Technical Staff (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 10, 2014
Much freedom in providing and developing solutions for contacting devices for high-performance, electrical test.
Good company for learning position
Equipment Engineer (Current Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 30, 2014
Have been given a good position to learn and advance my skillset of tools I repair and maintain. Daily challenges and accomplishments along the way. Can be very frustrating at times, but learned through the struggles.
Productive and fun place to work with in-house gym
SAP GRC Security Analyst / Systems Administrator (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Maxim Integrated offered a lot learning opportunities while I was starting/establishing my career in Information Technology.
generous benefits
Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: moving many jobs overseas
company more concerned with the bottom line than keeping US jobs.
good
Technical Trainer (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 20, 2014
Experience in training company's employees on standard operating procedures. Worked on special projects.
High pace, fun environment, with busy interaction due to customer deadlines.
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: health care, salary, open door policy, team players
Cons: i really do not have any cons.
I really did not have hard days. I knew my job well, I had a great rapport with my accounts. A typical day would consists of managing the forecast, processing quotes, conference calls, training on new projects or programs, customer calls and interacting with internal Supply Chain group.

The most enjoyable part was making hearing a smile on my customer's face when I was able to help them.
Please contact me for details
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 6, 2014
Normally I go to work at 9am and leave work at 7pm.
High speed IC design (with BiCMOS process).
OK management.
Co-workers were nice.
Sometimes have to work long hours to meet the schedule.
New designs.
Wonderful
PRODUCT LINE MANAGER (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, technology, benefits
Cons: too much technology going overseas
I loved the company culture prior to the CEO leaving and technology going ovesaes
OK works there
Manager, IC Design and Business Development (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: top management is weak
It is an OK company to work with. Lots of good people, but management is weak, especially middle level managers, lots of polities.
large high tech corporate company
Senior Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee), San JoseMarch 18, 2014
very fast paced
challenging
sometimes political
international travel included
very good benefits
A good overall employer.
Senior Member of Technical Staff, EDA Group (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: family events.
Moderate compensation and benefit packages. They always are developing new technologies.
excellent
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2013
it is a very good company to work for,very productive and fun.it pays very well and has great benefits.
fun and friendly
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: christmas party
Cons: lots of work
great management
fun and friendly people
flexible hours
great benefits and bonus
Developed valuable experiences in Maxim
Engineering Aide (Former Employee), 160 Rio Robles, San Jose, CA,95134November 7, 2013
I work Monday to Friday. I've learned how to setup and test devices on different type of handlers and test platforms. Management is good. Analyzing and resolving problem the hardest part of my job.
The most enjoyable parts of the job is we work as team.
only work here if you are ABSOLUTELY desperate for a job
Fab Tech I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: you can wear your sweats to work and makeup isn't allowed
Cons: monotonous, no job security or advancement, terrible pay, everyone hates their job, depressing
I was a Fab Technician for about 4 months here. The pay is terrible for the duties you have to perform and the price of the product you are producing. I met people that had been in the semiconductor industry for over 15 years and had only been promoted once at maxim. All of the temp to hire people have to wait a year before being brought on to receive benefits REGARDLESS of what they tell you. Upper level management has no loyalty to their employees and you are disposable. My last few weeks working there I witnessed 11 people get fired just on my shift. I suppose they did this to avoid giving out severance packages. I was eventually laid off. Maxim by far is the worst company I have worked for and also the most miserable job I have ever had.
Bad management
Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas texasOctober 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management in texas
Maxim is a good place to work if you work in any department other than Payroll. Payroll is on an outdated SAP system that hardly no company uses. Payroll manager has no knowledge of Payroll. System has to constantly be updated

1 2 3

About Maxim Integrated Products

Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design – Read more