Maxim Integrated Products

Maxim Integrated Products Employer Reviews

High pace, fun environment, with busy interaction due to customer deadlines.
Senior Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 19, 2014
Pros: health care, salary, open door policy, team players
Cons: i really do not have any cons.
I really did not have hard days. I knew my job well, I had a great rapport with my accounts. A typical day would consists of managing the forecast, processing quotes, conference calls, training on new projects or programs, customer calls and interacting with internal Supply Chain group.

The most enjoyable part was making hearing a smile on my customer's – more... face when I was able to help them. – less
Please contact me for details
Senior Member of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 6, 2014
Normally I go to work at 9am and leave work at 7pm.
High speed IC design (with BiCMOS process).
OK management.
Co-workers were nice.
Sometimes have to work long hours to meet the schedule.
New designs.
Wonderful
PRODUCT LINE MANAGER (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 3, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers, technology, benefits
Cons: too much technology going overseas
I loved the company culture prior to the CEO leaving and technology going ovesaes
OK works there
Manager, IC Design and Business Development (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 1, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: top management is weak
It is an OK company to work with. Lots of good people, but management is weak, especially middle level managers, lots of polities.
large high tech corporate company
Senior Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee), San JoseMarch 18, 2014
very fast paced
challenging
sometimes political
international travel included
very good benefits
A good overall employer.
Senior Member of Technical Staff, EDA Group (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: family events.
Moderate compensation and benefit packages. They always are developing new technologies.
excellent
Test Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2013
it is a very good company to work for,very productive and fun.it pays very well and has great benefits.
fun and friendly
Accounts Payable Lead (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 11, 2013
Pros: christmas party
Cons: lots of work
great management
fun and friendly people
flexible hours
great benefits and bonus
Developed valuable experiences in Maxim
Engineering Aide (Former Employee), 160 Rio Robles, San Jose, CA,95134November 7, 2013
I work Monday to Friday. I've learned how to setup and test devices on different type of handlers and test platforms. Management is good. Analyzing and resolving problem the hardest part of my job.
The most enjoyable parts of the job is we work as team.
only work here if you are ABSOLUTELY desperate for a job
Fab Tech I (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: you can wear your sweats to work and makeup isn't allowed
Cons: monotonous, no job security or advancement, terrible pay, everyone hates their job, depressing
I was a Fab Technician for about 4 months here. The pay is terrible for the duties you have to perform and the price of the product you are producing. I met people that had been in the semiconductor industry for over 15 years and had only been promoted once at maxim. All of the temp to hire people have to wait a year before being brought on to receive – more... benefits REGARDLESS of what they tell you. Upper level management has no loyalty to their employees and you are disposable. My last few weeks working there I witnessed 11 people get fired just on my shift. I suppose they did this to avoid giving out severance packages. I was eventually laid off. Maxim by far is the worst company I have worked for and also the most miserable job I have ever had. – less
Bad management
Accountant (Former Employee), Dallas texasOctober 8, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management in texas
Maxim is a good place to work if you work in any department other than Payroll. Payroll is on an outdated SAP system that hardly no company uses. Payroll manager has no knowledge of Payroll. System has to constantly be updated
A sweatshop.
Member of Technical Staff, Test Systems (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: limited to the nature of the work
Cons: zero job security, weak and ingrown management, terrible morale
The Dallas campus experienced wave after wave of layoffs during the period I worked there, with many hundreds losing their jobs. There is absolutely no security at Maxim--in fact management tended to terminate their best employees. Excessive focus on goals/job performance tracking systems. Managers show little interest in actual technical challenges – more... faced by ground level engineers. Morale the worst I have ever seen in a tech company. – less
Not a good place to work
Fab Tech 4 (Former Employee), Maxim San Antonio TxAugust 8, 2013
Cons: to much favoritism.
Maxim a non professional corporation. Need to clean house in upper management. Like my days off. Hate the way maxim treat their employee. Treat fab tech like they are animal.
Maxim is a 5 star company to work for.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 24, 2013
Maxim Integrated is an excellent place to work. I would like to work here full-time with full benefits. I have learned so much in one year. I am an Administrative Assitanta and work for a great Executive Director.
Professionalism enhances everyone's day. Maxim needs more professionalism.
Fab Tech II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 19, 2013
The work it'self is good honest work. The twelve hour shift cuts into my personal life.
Innovative company continually trying to improve
Sr. Account Manager (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: home office and the desire to keep good people
Cons: too many reorgs
Maxim Integrated has come a long ways in the last 5 years with Tunc Doluca at the helm. Maxim has drastically improved the manufacturing processes and capabilities to better serve the broad customer base. It has become a much more positive environment and experience as a sales person.
Low morale due to upper management
Former employee (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 30, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, lower pay for non-engineering positions, low morale everywhere
Maxim was always coming up with different ways to do things but it only frustrated people because projects took forever and weren't always pretty to see implemented. They have a fear based culture where anyone is expendable. There have been outsourcing of so many jobs. Management has blinders on and don't know how to treat people. Too many negatives – more... to list. Saw so many seasoned employees leave in droves...voluntarily. – less
Values
security (Former Employee), west coastMay 19, 2013
Pros: good benifetts
Cons: managment
How does a company tell their employees to be the difference, but the company will lay off any entire department with no severance or any other compensation just because other companies contract out for that departments work? doesn't sound like ONE maxim if they have a whole department that is contract.
I worked with lots of Fun people there.
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAMay 3, 2013
Pros: good benefit package.stock options
Cons: must work 5 years + to be vested at the manager discretion.
Management was not a typical everyday kind. Ensured Network systems 99% up time. Company will not spend resources to train / enhance employee growth.
Negative Changes with Security Department, San Jose, CA
Security Officer (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: benefits and work life balance
Cons: security management, and salary
I am a current employee for the Security Department at Maxim Integrated Products at San Jose, CA. I have been with the security department for over ten years.
In the past two years the Department has gone through a lot of changes with management and staff. In my first decade at Maxim, majority of the staff stayed in tacked for a long period of time. – more... No one ever got fired, or resigned. The Management back then took care of their fellow officers like family. We as a department had each other’s best interest.
At this moment, the Department has gone through a negative turn around; a complete 360 degrees. Majority of the security officers feel like they are walking on egg shells. If the (Supervisor or Manager) at the San Jose location, has an issue with you or your job performance you better believe that you will not get an adequate warning or review. They will terminate you faster than you got hired.
Back stabbing if very common with the staff. The reason why I think this issue has been happening on a regular basis is due to the officers being afraid of getting fired or laid-off.
I am giving a fair warning to anyone that wants to work for the Security Department.
If you can handle the stress of losing your job (any minute) while you are conducting your duties, Maxim Security is the right place for you. But if you cannot handle the stress, move on and find a more rewarding job that will take care of you and your family. – less

1 2 3

About Maxim Integrated Products

Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design – Read more