Maxim Integrated Employee Reviews

a fun place to work at, nice campus, reasonable gym equipments
Project Manager & Staff Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 10, 2016
culture varies from group to group. Some groups have flexible hours and practice democratic management style; whereas others practice dictatorship style and micro management.
Pros
internal training, career advancement
Cons
Short breaks, frequent oversea travelling
ok to work at to gain a lot of experience
senior programmer analyst (Former Employee) –  san jose, caAugust 8, 2016
great benefits and good people to work with. bad management directions and very hard to move up the career ladder. Good place to gather lots of experience though.
Great company with good benefits
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2016
Maxim Integrated is a great company with good benefits.
There are many opportunities to learn and move latterally and learning through collaboration.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Management inconsistencies
one of the best ic company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 14, 2016
very good ic manufacturing company to work with. productive workplace and offer good benefits to its employees. management is outstanding and co-employees are all working as a team.
Good place to work. Friendly managers who care for you. People who we work with are very dedicated, knowledgeable.
Business Analyst/Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work. Limited to No WFH option. Management team is very resourceful and friendly. People we work with are dedicated and knowledgeable.
Good people and great job and pay
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 22, 2016
Would recommend someone to work here. Its a great place place! Has great benefits and they do care about the people that do work here not just about the
money
Pros
great people to work with and my manager was equal
Used to be a good place to work.
Fab Tech IV (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 13, 2016
Very short handed with a lot of micromanaging. Tools are very old and very hard to meet goals. Morale is not the best among production workers. Has a work out room which is very convenient when working 12 hours. Location is around a lot of shops and restaurants. They support a lot of foot and cycle races in the area.
Holiday parties are very family oriented.
Pros
Gym, Holiday parties and benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, old tools, low morale among production operators.
Productive and challenging work place
Director, Microcontroller Test Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Maxim seems to be undergoing a great number of strategic reorganizations recently to stay competitive. They built new buildings and tried to re-brand the company but now they are having to cut jobs in the US, possibly because some of their investments did not work out as they hoped. In spite of this I am still optimistic for Maxim's future.
Pros
Maxim University and great benefits
Cons
Long work hours and a great amount of restructuring the company
Over worked under payed
Lead Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 30, 2016
Mandatory overtime. Pushy management to do more then possible. Overall stressful workplace and stressed employees. I would not work there again.
Pros
Good heathcare
Innovative and great place to work for
Functional Verification Intern (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 2, 2016
I joined as summer intern with Audio Team. I was doing functional verification. Great work culture. Senior team members always helped me.
Productive and fun to work here
Senior Lead Touch Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Nice company to work, competitive benefits and cool environment decent amount red tape and politics
Battery Management Business Unit excellent director and managers
Engineering Technician System Develop (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2015
During Battery Management, everyone functioned collectively from top to bottom as a group (informations feed thoroughly). After migrating to Automotive Business Unit, upper management changes several time that created skeptical concerns although design, application and test still succeeding as a group.

There are many good people dedicated to their jobs through unstable jobs consolidating.
Pros
Dallas site work hard for their job and company. Secondly, Good Benefits
Cons
Salary low and bad management.
IT Sys Admin (Int.)
Systems & Storage Administrator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2016
Great working environment, all other colleagues are very helpful and friendly. Learned a lot in IT, there management is awesome.
Pros
good behavior of employees, clean environment.
Cons
nothing
Maxim was a difficult company to work for with great products.
Executive Account Manager - Hewlett Packard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 12, 2015
Maxim had wonderful products and a very tough culture. The only way to cope with it was in a remote office. In the early 2000's the management offered minimal benefits and terrible pay, but they offered accelerated stock vesting. The company's stock had doubled three times in 15 years. There were lots of wealthy 30 year olds running around the company. So there was incentive to put up with the bad conditions.

Unfortunately the stock market crash of 2000 happened and the company was never able to make it up to the employees.

I great the HP account approximately 30% in revenue every year I was there. I never got more than 2-3% raise. My stock options were not worth anything. To say the least I was disappointed. And my customer was undervalued.
Pros
Really great products with cutting edge design
Cons
Poor management support at critical times
Senior Electronic Technician, QA & Reliability (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 12, 2016
Fun work place with support of the team
401K match, Healthcare, Flexibility, open PTO
All the employee are good, fun to work with.
Pros
Great people, daily lunch
Cons
Non yet identified
Internship
Test and Product Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 23, 2016
 Designed schematics and layout of the PCBs intended to test automotive DC-DC high voltage low power buck converters.
 Decreased delay time using parallel testing approach; debugged test PCBs using ETS-88 handler; performed gage tests for different trim options.
 Increased the wafer yield by 14% by developing the testing solution of the Wafer Sort in C++; analyzed the behavior of unburned parts and performed their failure analysis.
Great group of professionals with which to work.
Senior Assistant, Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Maxim Integrated. My job was fulfilling and I enjoyed a full workload. While there was not wide growth opportunity for administrative personnel the administrative team was tasked with ensuring our partnership within our organizations. This was an empowering boost.
work out at gym
Engineer Schematic Circuit (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA 94086August 10, 2016
Schematics designed for all new IC's.
PCB Layout for all new IC's.
Built prototypes for new IC's testing.
Learned lot of analog IC maker.
Work along well with whole IC designed group.

Hardest job is make the new IC completed working to meet with production schedule. And make all big boss happy.
Not well managed manufacturing facility
Manufacturing Technician, Diffusion (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 12, 2016
Semi-conductor facility that seems to be losing its identity as a leader in the technology field. It is not an enjoyable facility to work in since management has changed.
Low Pay
Lead/Fab Tech IV (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2016
Maxim is a good company but, I felt that I was being underpaid. However, in spite of that, I do hope that I will be able to work there once again in the future.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maxim Integrated. Our community is ready to answer.