Maxim Integrated Employee Reviews

Productive and challenging work place
Director, Microcontroller Test Development (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2016
Maxim seems to be undergoing a great number of strategic reorganizations recently to stay competitive. They built new buildings and tried to re-brand the company but now they are having to cut jobs in the US, possibly because some of their investments did not work out as they hoped. In spite of this I am still optimistic for Maxim's future.
Pros
Maxim University and great benefits
Cons
Long work hours and a great amount of restructuring the company
Productive and fun to work here
Senior Lead Touch Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Nice company to work, competitive benefits and cool environment decent amount red tape and politics
Battery Management Business Unit excellent director and managers
Engineering Technician System Develop (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2015
During Battery Management, everyone functioned collectively from top to bottom as a group (informations feed thoroughly). After migrating to Automotive Business Unit, upper management changes several time that created skeptical concerns although design, application and test still succeeding as a group.

There are many good people dedicated to their jobs through unstable jobs consolidating.
Pros
Dallas site work hard for their job and company. Secondly, Good Benefits
Cons
Salary low and bad management.
Maxim was a difficult company to work for with great products.
Executive Account Manager - Hewlett Packard (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMay 12, 2015
Maxim had wonderful products and a very tough culture. The only way to cope with it was in a remote office. In the early 2000's the management offered minimal benefits and terrible pay, but they offered accelerated stock vesting. The company's stock had doubled three times in 15 years. There were lots of wealthy 30 year olds running around the company. So there was incentive to put up with the bad conditions.

Unfortunately the stock market crash of 2000 happened and the company was never able to make it up to the employees.

I great the HP account approximately 30% in revenue every year I was there. I never got more than 2-3% raise. My stock options were not worth anything. To say the least I was disappointed. And my customer was undervalued.
Pros
Really great products with cutting edge design
Cons
Poor management support at critical times
Internship
Test and Product Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 23, 2016
 Designed schematics and layout of the PCBs intended to test automotive DC-DC high voltage low power buck converters.
 Decreased delay time using parallel testing approach; debugged test PCBs using ETS-88 handler; performed gage tests for different trim options.
 Increased the wafer yield by 14% by developing the testing solution of the Wafer Sort in C++; analyzed the behavior of unburned parts and performed their failure analysis.
Used to be a good place to work.
Fab Tech IV (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 13, 2016
Very short handed with a lot of micromanaging. Tools are very old and very hard to meet goals. Morale is not the best among production workers. Has a work out room which is very convenient when working 12 hours. Location is around a lot of shops and restaurants. They support a lot of foot and cycle races in the area.
Holiday parties are very family oriented.
Pros
Gym, Holiday parties and benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, old tools, low morale among production operators.
Generally a good company to work for.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2016
Good company, long work days. Generally management is very good and helpful. All employees are great people and very friendly. Most enjoyable part of job is working together as a team.
Pros
Generally a good company to work for.
Cons
Not enough electrical car stations.
alot of walking for low pay
Fab tech worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 22, 2016
this job is meh. you walk a lot you learn some really cool stuff if you've never made computer chips before. But its very easy and its very boring and no physical stress at all other than walking and standing for long periods of time. The pay is to low honestly your doing a very technical job that's more brain than brawn.
Pros
you work 14 days a month, long lunch and break, easy job
Cons
bad pay, iffy management
Unstable work enviorement
NA (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 6, 2016
Company is focused on shipping jobs offshore and constantly under re-organization of business units. Management makes poor decisions and employees are under valued.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Great group of professionals with which to work.
Senior Assistant, Project Management Office (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2016
I enjoyed working at Maxim Integrated. My job was fulfilling and I enjoyed a full workload. While there was not wide growth opportunity for administrative personnel the administrative team was tasked with ensuring our partnership within our organizations. This was an empowering boost.
Needs improvement...
HR (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2015
Very little work/life balance for those who believe in putting out good work. Compensation is very low compared to other semiconductor companies. Job advancement only for those in favor with management. Typical "churn and burn" culture.
work out at gym
Engineer Schematic Circuit (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CA 94086August 10, 2016
Schematics designed for all new IC's.
PCB Layout for all new IC's.
Built prototypes for new IC's testing.
Learned lot of analog IC maker.
Work along well with whole IC designed group.

Hardest job is make the new IC completed working to meet with production schedule. And make all big boss happy.
Good place to work. Friendly managers who care for you. People who we work with are very dedicated, knowledgeable.
Business Analyst/Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great place to work. Limited to No WFH option. Management team is very resourceful and friendly. People we work with are dedicated and knowledgeable.
ok to work at to gain a lot of experience
senior programmer analyst (Former Employee) –  san jose, caAugust 8, 2016
great benefits and good people to work with. bad management directions and very hard to move up the career ladder. Good place to gather lots of experience though.
Good people to work with and a great manager
SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2016
My typical day at work was operating the Scanning Acoustic Microscope, ordering consumables for the lab, assisting the engineers as needed in their analysis. I was trained to operate as the testing equipment in the lab and worked closely with my co-works to help get projects out on a time. My co- workers were helpful and we all got along.
The hardest part of my job was completing the many quests on a timely bases. The enjoyment of my job was the respect and appreciation given for "a job well done".
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Job moved overseas
one of the best ic company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 14, 2016
very good ic manufacturing company to work with. productive workplace and offer good benefits to its employees. management is outstanding and co-employees are all working as a team.
Pay was good. Top heavy with poor management.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2015
Managers on up, never face lay-offs.
Management to Engineer ratio went from 1:10 to 1:3 during 10 years working there.
Excellent Healthcare.
Management slow to recognize the lack of value in bonus compensation packages (options) with market changes.
Promotion based on where you went to school and who you were buddies with.
Disconnect between Dallas and HQ in California.
Good variety of products.
Low Pay
Lead/Fab Tech IV (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2016
Maxim is a good company but, I felt that I was being underpaid. However, in spite of that, I do hope that I will be able to work there once again in the future.
IT Sys Admin (Int.)
Systems & Storage Administrator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2016
Great working environment, all other colleagues are very helpful and friendly. Learned a lot in IT, there management is awesome.
Pros
good behavior of employees, clean environment.
Cons
nothing
Great company with good benefits
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2016
Maxim Integrated is a great company with good benefits.
There are many opportunities to learn and move latterally and learning through collaboration.
Pros
Benefits, People
Cons
Management inconsistencies

2.9