Maximus Federal Services

Maximus Federal Services Employee Reviews

Good thing mis-managed
Corporate Trainer (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Good job, good people.
Cons: Left the area.
A good job overall, but the management and allocation of assets was perplexing. Alot of promises with no delivery. That's about it.
Professional and Organized
Expedited Appeals Officer (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at Maximus started off by delegating the tasks for the day. I assigned each person a job for the day, and gave additional tasks if they were to complete their task early. After that was completed, I started with my task for the day. This included calling decisions for second level appeals, answering incoming calls to start an appeal, Contacting quality improvement organizations (for the case file), Prepping files for Medical Review, etc.

I learned so much about myself and the workings of Medicare appeals. I was a much more confident, and assertive worker when I left. The appeal process was amazing to see. Working in expedited appeals there was a 72 hour turn around rate. Every step had to be completed within that time frame, and was very fast paced.

The hardest part of the job was hearing all the stories from the beneficiary, and delivering the decisions. Telling someone they are no longer going to receive Medicare benefits is a terrible feeling.

I enjoyed the people in my department and they fast paced work environment. There was always a task to complete, as well as an opportunity to advance.
Terrible Management, Great co-workers otherwise
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Pittsford, NYJune 24, 2015
Management has no idea what they are doing. The company is reactive instead of proactive. The pay is decent but not worth the stress of the productivity environment.
An enjoyable job
Registered Nurse Clinical Adjudicator (Former Employee), Pittsford, NYJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits, an interesting job, and a large array of resources to help you complete your job
Cons: Benefits and ensuring employee satisfaction changed for the worst, as time went on, and lack of a clear path of how to achieve the best outcomes for doing your job
Overall, I very much enjoyed this job. I worked independently on a computer reviewing medical charts for Medicare. I learned requirements for Medicare benefits. I consulted with physicians and fellow nurses with regards of documentation supporting the level of health care provided to the beneficiary, whether it be acute care, emergency room visits, and outpatient services.

The most enjoyable part of this job was allowing for independence as well as including the medical world with computers and technology. Altogether, the job had a great balance of both arenas. The hardest part of the job was the company's lack of organization and communication to their employees on a vast amount of issues. Unfortunately, the company usually acted and then thought through their actions instead of contemplating before making actions regarding the way daily work would be affected.
Contract Services
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: limited contract
Limited Service agreement (18 month contract). Opened new call center with 1600 CSR's, 135 supervisors and 36 trainers. Responsible for oversight of all supervisors and 250+ agents.
great place to work but has its issues
General Clerk 3 (Former Employee), jenkins township, paJune 5, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no security or rome to advance.
i loved my job and the pay but there is no job security and no reasoning to the promotion process. there is a good work culture but other than that it is just not a great place to plan a career.
Compelling assignment however not effectively run.
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee), Dupont, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: The people and experiences.
Cons: There was a lack of work hence layoffs.
A typical work day consisted of assisting the general publics appeals regarding eligibility determinations for the affordable care act. I learned the ins and outs of the affordable care act. The hardest part of the job was that the company really did not have a grip on how to perform the tasks at hand. Procedures would change hourly and we were asked to give out inaccurate information which made me uncomfortable. The best part of the job was helping people when you could really get in there and assist them that was the most gratifying feeling. I did like it and would not mind doing it again.
I worked with very hard working and productive people
Administrator II (Former Employee), Pittsford NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with beautiful environment
Cons: My job ended weeks before the holiday
I really loved my job at Maximus and the only complaint that I have at this time, I hate that my department was laid off. The environment was great and I worked amongst doctors and nurses, I really got a chance to learn some new things that I didn't know about them medical field.
Corespondent
Correspondent (Former Employee), PittstonMay 4, 2015
A typical day at work is proof reading, entering the correct information to send letters out to the policy members. As well learning new term, features, and different software windows.
a nice place
Administrator III (Current Employee), Pittston, PAMay 2, 2015
Write correspondence for the appeals for the Affordable Care Act.
My co-workers are a great team and we work well together.
Productive Government and Health Services
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Contracted
Loved working there only downside was contracted periods the pay was amazing . Learned a lot about medical terms and scheduling appointments giving me the ability to advance in a similar career setting.
General Clerk III (Current Employee), Pittston, PAApril 26, 2015
It is nice friendly people as well as a steady work environment. Great pay as well as nice bosses and coworkers. They have a wellness room for when you do not feel well they offer free coffee tea and hot chocolate. All in all this is an amazing company to work for.
It's not the place...it's the people that make it worthwhile!!
Operations Clerk (Former Employee), Rochester, NYApril 1, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, great benefits, PTO, amazing people you may meet
Cons: favoritism, Productivity expectation always being raised, No Encouragement or Enthusiasm given to the Employees, No sense of moral...
There isn't much to say from what wasn't already stated in the Pros & Cons...This is the first job I have ever worked at where I was made to feel like a "number" or Data Entry Robot. The people I met there were wonderful but the job itself and the treatment of the employees is a whole different story...
Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Boise, IDMarch 7, 2015
They did not tell people about lay offs and they stated to employees upon hire that they will have the contract for the company for three years and ended up laying almost every employee off.
Do not believe everything you hear about this company
General Clerk III (Former Employee), Pittston, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: very easy to end your assignment
They pay you very well, but the place is a revolving door. Every two weeks is a new training class with 20 or more hopefuls that never last. I worked there from November of 2014 through February of 2015. Not one Supervisor or manager has been there longer than a year. I missed 2 days of work due to bad weather and the snow and was informed my assignment had ended. They are very strict and do not have consideration with their employees. I felt so bad for the mothers that did not have a baby sitter and lost their jobs. Another bad part of the job is that there is too much down time and you're not allowed to do anything but sit at your cubicle. You cannot bring a pen to work, your cell phone has to be locked in your car if you do not have a locker. If you are caught with a cell phone outside of their designated area, you are fired immediately on the spot. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay awake for 8 hours. There is nothing enjoyable about the job besides the weekly pot lucks. I would not recommend this job to anyone after my experience.
IT Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Pittston, Pa call centerFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: very solid company and lots of diversification
Cons: need more locations in the south
Maximus is a federally funded government agency which has positive deep culture. The typical day at work is spent working in conjunction with other professionals to keep business operations in sync. Everyone helps each other and has a very friendly atmosphere among coworkers. Overall it is a nice place to work where the experience is what you make it.
Just a Job
CSR (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 8, 2015
Most of my day-to-day tasks were monotonus, but i got to meet and get to know a number of people that i have since grown close to, both coworkers and customers.
Fast-paced, detailed orientated
Administrative Operations II Clerk (Current Employee), Pittsford, NYFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day is creating and closing Medicare Part A cases for 2nd level appeals. I have learned alot working for the Center for Medicare and Medicare and how the process from incoming file case to creating a file. Management is great and very helpful when it comes to asking questions about a file.The hardest part about the position is beinfg detailed orientated. The enjoyable part of my position is when the company celebrates birthday every month and brings in two to three different cakes.
Good for those who like Independent work
Clinical Reviewer (Current Employee), Pittsford NYJanuary 26, 2015
You are given a list of cases and there are established productivity standards however management of workload and schedules are left up to you.

You have to be very adaptable to change, as new rules and regulations per Medicare policies directly impact your day to day work.

The hardest part of this job is that it is based on Medicare contracts which are in 2-3 year stints and when a contract is lost the job security is gone
Learning how to adapt to many different job types
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Pittsford, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: keurig coffee pots, nice break room, daily walk for exercise.
Worked second shift and learned that I can work up to six different screens at once on the computer to finish the task at hand. My co-workers were always available to help with questions and to learn a new task. We also had to train new people that were hired to perform similar jobs as ourselves.
The hardest part of the job was the on going continual non communication of jobs to be done and relayed by upper management. The way each task was done also changed on a daily/hourly basis. This did become slightly irritating in its inconsistency.
I enjoyed being able to work alone in a cubicle but still be able to associate with coworkers when wanted.

1 2 3