Maximus Employee Reviews

Stay Away from Maximus
Statewide Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 22, 2017
This project was not organized at all and the person that was overseeing the project didn't know what needed to be done, so would delegate, but have no idea how to direct in the first place.
Great Experience To Move Up
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 22, 2017
Great Job to obtain experience.
Positive attitude co-workers
PTO
and Paid Hollidays
Friendly Supervisors
Chance to go home early if slow day
Kin Care Ofered
Pros
Discounts, Paid Hollidays
Cons
Struggle with approved time off
Productive and Enjoyable Workplace
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 21, 2017
I truly enjoy Maximus as an employer. There are plenty of growth and development opportunities within the company which is definitely a plus if you are looking to start a career ladder.
Location closed because contract closed with company.
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 21, 2017
Location had multiple problems with contracts and employee hiring practices about Permanent hire and temporary hiring practices and call representative need was always understated or utilized.
fast work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXNovember 20, 2017
we had 200 plus calls come in . We had a whole lot of multitasking fast past job
Enjoyed working with so many great people
Every day was something new
Dishonest Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 20, 2017
I was promised a long term position when I was hired and then the center closed down and I was laid off just 6 months after being hired. I found out later that they knew all along that they were only going to keep us temporarily. I think they should have been more upfront in the beginning.
Benefits
Cons
Management cares only about themselves
Ok
MAILROOM SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2017
The people are cool to work with. You dont get paid much and the managers seem confused a lot. The location is great. The only thing is that the contracts are very iffy. Turn over rate is high.
Challenging
Leader (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 20, 2017
High stress levels, high turnover, limited opportunities and no real structure or feedback. Great programs to help people. Short dead lines to deliver results.
Pros
Great programs to assist consumers
Cons
Work life balance
Great place to work if it wasn't a contract
IT Operations Lead, Remote (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 20, 2017
Great place to work but we lost the re-compete. We didn't realize we were competing for work so it caught us off-guard. Notice of layoffs were lacking.

Direct Manager is excellent source that I would happily work for again.
I loved my job until
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 18, 2017
The micromanagement started and THE DISREGARD OF THE BEDBUG PROBLEM WE HAVE. It’s really embarrassing and everyday someone finds a bedbug. Very pointless rules. For some reason you can’t stand up. Supervisors and managers will come over and tell you sit down. Some of the managers are pretty decent. But most are very disrespectful and very condescending. For the most part it’s uppermanage VS agents. Poorly trained supervisors that lack common people skills. The pay is pay is pretty decent stating at 14.50$ a dollar more for each promotion you get. Right now I am in the process of looking for a new job. The workplace is filled with corruption from Agents fooling around with supervisors to Very high upper management sleeping with a supervisors daughter. Very wicked place. Even the money cannot seem to keep the people. Very high turnover rate. And it’s NOT DUE TO TERMINATION. But if you are looking for a quick buck and can deal with a negative work environment on top of Bedbugs because I know for a fact they will never get rid of them because they are in denial about it being an infestation this is the place for you.
Pros
Decent starting pay. Good benefits. 401K PTO
Cons
Bedbug problem not being treated correctly
Great company to work for
Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 17, 2017
Great company to work for. Nice group of people to work with. Easy schedule. There is ways for you to move up in the company. It is an easy workload and not too stressful.
Work environment improved
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2017
Maximus was a new call center and I started on the very beginning stages, with that being said...a lots of trial and error. However, if we are representing NYS Healthcare, the benefits to their employees should be far better than what they are contributing, totally UNAFFORDABLE!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Healthcare
Maximus is a good place to work
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 16, 2017
Work with client’s support personnel to resolve issues; assist in tracking help desk calls pertaining to application, networking, and system problems; Work with and escalate problems to corporate support, as needed. communicate via open bridge in efforts with MAXIMUS Corporate Office to escalate matters; update help desk tickets and documentation of problem resolutions; install, modify, run diagnostic programs isolate problems, and determine solutions and repair computer hardware and software; serve as primary interface to business users for all IT support issues.
Overview
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 16, 2017
The company has a purpose but lacks proper direction for success. The program could stand for a little more stability and offer higher pay for the amount of work and level of friction dealt with in the role on a daily basis.
na
Representative, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 15, 2017
Working at maximus i learned alot about health care and worked with dual computers. The hardest part of the job was having a min time limit on the phone while processing alot
Favortism
Private (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 15, 2017
The job is flexible but the pay is low and the management shows a LOT of favoritism. Managers promote individuals bases on personal preference versus experience and merit.
Pros
Cons
Favortism
Work here if you like being criticized and not having a life
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 15, 2017
nothing really good to say. this place needs to get a whole new make over in management and learn compassion and caring, not just care about the all mighty dollar
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
everything else
Great place to get a background of Texas Health and Social Services
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 15, 2017
Regularly while taking inbound calls I am providing assistance to various HHSC State funded insurance recipients for various reasons. We help with plan changes, appointment scheduling, other state agency referrals for recipients that have serious illnesses or disabilities and those that don't. The hardest part of the job that somebody new to this would need is patience and having a knowledge of cultural and socioeconomic differences. The best part is knowing that you are helpful in getting the hardest thing for the recipient completed and they are hanging up with a weight lifted.
Pros
Quarterly bonus, flexible with nursing schedule
Good workplace with healthy enviroment
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 14, 2017
Company with focused on achieving the goals; with good management; but fast-pace and significant overtime...job insecurity and downsizing possibilities in place.
Pros
holiday party
Cons
overtimes and downsizing
Appeals Specialist
Specialist/Consultant - Appeals (Former Employee) –  Jenkins TownshipNovember 13, 2017
Process and adjudicate appeals for the affordable care act in Jenkins Township. I worked in intake, validation, hearing department, and phone contact with the appellant's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9