MAXIMUS

MAXIMUS Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work place.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer (Current Employee), SFO,CADecember 23, 2014
● Created database objects like Tables, Sequences and Constraints as per the business requirement.
● Converted SQL server scripts in to Oracle scripts.
● Created database views and materialized views.
● Created database triggers based on business requirement.
● Developed stored functions, packages based on requirement.
● Developed numerous stored procedures – more... which basic input for the crystal reports. – less
Enrollment Broker
Field Client Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 18, 2014
Responsible for enrolling consumers into a Manage Care Health Plan through Medicaid.
-Making outbound calls to consumers and receiving inbound calls for enrollments
-Meeting face to face consumers for enrollment
Certified Application Counselor for the Affordable Health Care Act of New York.
many incentives are offered in any given work week and the benefits are very affordable
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 18, 2014
Pros: affordable health insurance
Cons: mandatory overtime
I enjoy the work I do and the friends I have gained. I have learned how to make an eligibility determination for health insurance by evaluating verification documents. Hardest part of the job is overtime. Best part of the job is independent work time and supervisor assistance
Upbeat atmosphere.
CCR (Former Employee), Midland, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: no weekends or holidays worked
Cons: short breaks and lunches.
Enjoyed going to work everyday. Company relocated to San Antonio. Unable to make the move with company and looked for employment locally.
Bleh
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Boise, idDecember 17, 2014
I didnt like it. the security is over the top and the site they use crashes all the time. they dont work well with families and the needs of people with children and everyone gets laid off eventually. the dress code is over the top and no one can do their job because they are not given enough time in training to learn. You end up doing a trial and error – more... type of learning on the floors with actual people who are already frustrated and then the site crashes and makes everything worse. – less
It was a nice and hectic atmosphere
Bilingual Customer Service Calling Center (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: no free lunches only 30 minutes
Cons: two short breaks per day
Working for this Company was a very fast paced jobs, with all the enrollments. A full day at work it was a none stop of phone calls, breaks given twice during 8 hours and 30 minutes Lunch.
Worst Management Team I've ever worked for.
Job Developer (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 15, 2014
Cons: read the review.
Maximus may be a good company but the Charleston, SC branch is the worst run business ever. In the past 12 months there have 19 different people terminated or that have resigned, which is an entire staff worth of people.

The office is rampant with mismanagement, dishonesty and there is no voice for employees outside of the Charleston office. The Operations – more... Supervisor does not know how to speak to people without being condescending and the "Program Manager" is afraid of confrontation so she lets the supervisor run the office horribly with no intervention.

The salary for Job Developers is 30% below national average and most Job Developers are overworked and kept on temp status.

This office is staffed thru AppleOne and the relationship between the 2 screams CONFLICT OF INTEREST, seeing as how Maximus also places people with AppleOne.

Avoid this place at all costs. – less
not an enjoyable company to work for
Customer Service Specialist III (Current Employee), Albany, NYDecember 14, 2014
Pros: holidays off, overtime
Cons: short breaks
If you are not with the incrowd you do not get promoted regardless of your stats are.
A decent place to work with
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Boise, IDDecember 13, 2014
Pros: one leave of absence is not grounds for termination
Cons: listening to people's problems
I take a seat at a desk and manage incoming calls.
I've learned a lot more about insurance, health insurance.
Management for me was very helpful and informative.
The co-workers are easy to talk to and get along with.
The hardest part is customer service and satisfaction, believe me, one cannot please everybody.
The most enjoyable is interacting with – more... co-workers and genuinely helping someone's life situation or providing assistance to customers. – less
Busy Call Center with high volume of calls
CCR (Former Employee), Midland, TXDecember 11, 2014
I loved working for Maximus the only down fall was the fact that over 300 employees were laid off.. Including myself. everyday was different, there was never a dull moment.. The people were amazing to work with, and I enjoyed being able to grow from all of the changes I experienced there at Maximus.
You will earn a pay check. Don't expect anything else.AT ALL!
Call Center Supervisor (Current Employee), Boise, idDecember 7, 2014
I have worked for many call centers all over the country. I have never been treated so rudely by my management. Never been lied to so much by my leadership and never been set up for failure so much in my entire professional life. This organization just wants to fill seats, you will not grow professionally. They have very little training to offer you – more... outside of the contract specific information. I was not valued as an employee. If i didn't need a paycheck so bad i would not still be here and i am actively looking elsewhere. I did meet some peers that i have grown to have a great relationship with. I am grateful for them. – less
Great place to work at!
Call-Center Team Lead (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great company. branches in other countries as well.
Cons: call-centers are not for everyone.
With two promotions within a few months I cannot complain. Very diverse atmosphere, the way NYC environments should be. Competitive salary. Friendly co-workers. Great opportunities to build solid relationships. Business schedule but other options are available.
Hardest part of the job: If you are not a "people-person" this is not the job for you. You – more... will he listening to and be around people the whole time you are there. I was at the Wall Street site so it is a hot spot.
The most enjoyable part of work for me was the financial security the business offered me and the social life I was able to have because of it. – less
Productive meetings, which would allow me to learn more about the programs, to be able to help the clients.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Midland, TXNovember 30, 2014
Pros: project holidays, worked unsupervised.
Cons: short lunch, and breaks. not enought training .
Beginning the day at 8:00 am, put on headphones and set Cisco to ready to work. Never had a steady time for breaks or lunch. The day would end at 4:30 or 6:30 depending on the schedule. What I learned is to be patient with the clients. I would get along with co-workers but there was hardly anytime to socialize. The hardest part of the job, was not knowing – more... everything the client wants to hear, but I did have to research to answer correctly. I enjoyed talking and helping them answer their questions. We would have supervisor meetings every two weeks. – less
Poor management, difficult place to move up
County Welfare Department Liaison (Current Employee), Folsom, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good work/life balance
Cons: poor pay, hard to move up, favoritizm, employees are not treated well
Worked for Maximus for over 9 years for the Healthy Families Project. When project ended everything changed for the negative. I was demoted instead of laid off without my consent or warning. Maximus is not a good place to work because employees are not treated well.
fun workplace
Masshealth Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 27, 2014
god people, good management, theres a lot of career opprtunities
Satisfactory environment at times
Case Management (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 27, 2014
Cons: one hour lunch break
Case management and customer service. How to maintain large case loads. Many case managers were a pleasure to work with; however, there were constant drama. Hardest part of job was working with co-workers who were not interested in team work. Enjoyed helping people.
Financial Employment Planner
FEP/Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: good job good hrs benefits ok
Cons: dealing with drama queens
Help people become eligible for Support Service Benefits.
it's ok environment
Account payable Specialist/AR /Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 22, 2014
I do what I am told, I always finish the most important work first.

I didn't Study accounting, now working at maximus I learned accounting.

I can't complain about my coworkers, everyone is friendly.

getting the job done is the most enjoyable time for me at work
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: tow breaks plus half hour lunch
Cons: no cell phone allowed
great place as to the coworkers and supervisors. had an excellent training. management not to good since I had called in for car repair but no one returned my call and that's how I lost this job.
pleasure in answering calls from customers concerned and been able to answer questions was a great feeling through out working hours
maximus fast paced call center
CCR (Former Employee), Midland txNovember 20, 2014
Pros: weekends off, paid holidays, benifits
Cons: 30 min lunch
i enjoyed my time with maximus. the job itself was taking inbound calls from residents of texas to help them maitain eligiabilty for goverment benifits such as medicaid, snap, and TANF benifits. Managment was great i had the best supervisor who always made sure we knew what we were doing and on track. my co-workers were great i met a lot of amazing – more... people. the hardest part of the job would be handling escalated calls with angry clients but the most enjoyable part was the feeling of those who really needed the help and being able to provide needy families with options to get back on there feet. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About MAXIMUS

MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS) is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, – Read more