Maximus Employee Reviews

Found 1,359 reviews matching the search
this job
Special Projects (Current Employee) –  TNJanuary 19, 2017
This is a great job to gain experience ,but overall it's only good for a second part-timejob. the pay is not good at all. there are not any raises. it is so much too learn that it is impossible to know everything in a year. you have to have an interview to become fulltime . if they are not answer correctly then you will be denied.
Pros
listen to music, sit down, get the day after the holdidays off
Cons
toomuch to learn, pay rate
Not a flexible place or good training involved.
Medicaid Processor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68508January 19, 2017
The job itself can be very confusing as the rules of what you will be doing change from day to day. There are rules being broken that the state does not know about and Maximus does this on purpose by "selectively" hiding the truth. The manager is very rigid and likes to micro-manage mundane things. Supervisor is not open minded and likes to bully associates.
Pros
The pay is decent.
Cons
The work is not concise and supervisor is not good material.
Excellent Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Observe, Protect, Prevent guests from getting out of control (drunk). Keeping guests safe and maintaining a safe and family friendly environment. The hardest part was dealing with guests under the influence but always handled each situation professionally and to the best of my ability.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2017
With Maximus INC, i had the opportunity of expanding my customer service skills to higher level. Working closely with MassHealth providers and applicants encouraged me to enable more personal care for individuals in need.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
outdated and needs upgrade
Veterans Choice Program
Customer service Rep-Maximus Program (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I really enjoy helping our Veterans. A typical workday for me is very busy. contact providers to get appointment scheduled and contact Veteran to confirm. The Hardest part of the job is having to contact the veteran to let them know that for what ever reason we were unable to accommodate his/her preferences.
Good business to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXJanuary 18, 2017
A great job environment to work in. They are professional and have great co-workers! They are very work ethical and i would like to work for them in the future if possible.
It was Ok
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I was grateful to have this opportunity, however the enviorment was very childish. I thought I went back to high school way to much gossip and favoritism was displayed.
Pros
opportunity for growth
Cons
The gossip and favoritism
customer service
Account Review Administrator (Bilingual) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 18, 2017
Great salary rate
Awesome management
Company defends defends their employee
Good training/trainers
Friendly environment
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work, very professional and friendly work environment. I would recommend Maximus to anyone looking for a position in the medical field.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great staff
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJanuary 18, 2017
I loved this assignment. It could be challenging at times, but rewarding.I learned how to execute my skills, to solve difficult situations, on a daily basis.
Pros
teamwork was key
Cons
lack of communication, at times
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Good at finding jobs you are interested in. You work at your own pace. Heavy data not that much phone time. Good benefits.
Pros
Serve health food
Cons
Short breaks.
A very productive and secure environment.
CRS (Former Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDJanuary 17, 2017
I would take up to 25 - 50 calls daily, by helping consumers to understand the importance of health coverage. Team leaders and supervisor where always around to help in a accommodating time frame. The work environment was very friendly, everyone was eager to help you. My experience was more of a refresher due to already being in the health care field previously.
Pros
A more stable work schedule.
Cons
Most Hired through temp angencies.
Very Rewarding
CSS (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 16, 2017
If you find helping people rewarding this is a good place to work. There is a lot of opportunities for advancement if you work hard. I started as a temp and got hired permanently.
Pros
Coworkers. Advancement
Cons
Breaks.
Excellent Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Great salary rate
Awesome management
Company defends defends their employee
Good training/trainers
Friendly environment
Pros
Free Breaks
Toxic work environment, ridiculous pay, no opportunities for growth
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 16, 2017
Everybody in this office is new except a couple of people in management. They can't keep anybody!! This is high turnover at it's finest. The training is horrible but only because they are so eager to get you going (because they are soooo short staffed); they just want to throw you out there. You could have a caseload of AT LEAST 85 easy (because they can't keep anybody). They would be fine to throw the cases on you knowing you're not ready...A set up for failure.
They take micro managing to a whole new level; watching your every move...Sort of like kindergarten. There's a whole lot of paperwork and very little attention or sensitivity to the services given/needed. Most of the staff is easy to work with but management and overall operations of this place, I found less than subpar.
Great place IF you have no skills, no backbone, no self esteem, no personal or professional goals, and no professional common sense. They're trying to make education a requirement now for staff, but many there now have NONE, even in management. Wonder what that means for those there who have none. Maybe this will mean better service for the clients but I doubt it. It's a cesspool for failure on all levels.
Pros
Hours usually 8-5. At least you know when to come and go.
Cons
Unrealistic caseloads, very low pay, poor training, micromanaging
What I expect to know and learn...
Eligibility Administrator (Health Insurance (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2017
During my work history I have learned patience. This is the most important asset I learned during my work career. If you cannot be patient with customers and really listen to their concerns you will be unable to effectively solve problems. I am looking to work with management and co-workers to learn what it takes to be an effective and productive employee. The hardest part of any job is not knowing what is expect to make you an effective employee. The best part of any job is your accomplishments and for me it is the ability to communicate with customers and resolve any issues. I have personal satisfaction in being able to resolve customer issues and to help the customer.
Large Organization. Many Project Opportunties
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJanuary 15, 2017
Maximus is a large healthcare organization with projects all over the country which allows movement for other opportunities.

It is poorly managed and has no respect for work life balance. It is completely bottom line focused at any cost and does not regard its staff as their most valuable asset.

It offers poor training and little to no corporate support.
Pros
Large, financially stable company
Cons
Poor Management, lack of respect for staff
Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Pharr, TXJanuary 15, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with Maximus in two different locations. Maximus is a great place to work, provides opportunity of growth and new opportunities. I will definitely recommend Maximus as a place to work.
Prodcuctive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 14, 2017
A typical day at work included calling doctors offices to schedule appointments and veterans afterwards to provide them with their appointment information.
Close Team Environment - Endless Advancement Opportunities
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 12, 2017
I love working for MAXIMUS. When I started as a Call Center Rep, I did not see it as a forever job. Now that I've been given multiple opportunities to learn an advance, I see this as someplace I could stay for a very long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maximus. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9