Maximus Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,093 reviews matching the search
Very temporary
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 1, 2016
I'll make this as short and sweet as possible.. I normally don't review jobs.. I just read them. But, I'll warn you now.
The job within itself is easy.. Be mindful they expect you to work every position from appointing to indexing to mod 9 to escalations.. And you still receive the same pay.

They change your schedule randomly!!!

This job has the highest turn over rate ever.. They don't investigate anything. He say she say will get you fired in the drop of a dime..

The pay is OK but they pay you fringe.. So you really get cheated out of your OT & holiday pay.

The job is so temporary you can't even decorate your desk.. They say after 90 days you'll go permanent.. FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

Management is the worst but they run through supervisors so much it almost doesn't matter. But they fire the best ones!!

And the job has no culture.. Just numbers.

Other than that, Maximus is great.
Pros
Helping Veterans.
Cons
Inconsistent, management, extremely temporary.
Pay was not the best, but a great place to work
Supervisor Application Support (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2016
This was my favorite job, awesome co-workers and plenty of opportunity for advancement. Pay was never really competitive which is the only thing bringing it down from a 5 star rating.
Pros
great coworkers, enjoyable work, positive mission
Cons
poor compensation, certain difficult individuals in management
Management does not care about employees
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 5, 2016
No room for advancement unless you have a harkens in upper management.
Issues between employees are not dealt with properly.
Health benefits are bottom of the barrel.
Pay is way too low.
Bonuses are more based on how much you're liked by supervisors and not performance.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No room for advancement unless you're friends with a sup or manager
My job has been a great opportunity to help the government service the community.
Customer Care Representitive (Current Employee) –  Athens, TXApril 2, 2016
A typical work day is assisting caseworkers and clients with the management of their personal accounts. This job has made me aware of how many people in the world are in need of assistance and from all walks. Management is affective but the communication could be better. As for my coworkers, we are a team who work together to affectively execute every call. The hardest part of my job is working so far away from home but it is necessary to provide for my family and have great benefits. The most enjoyable part of my job is being told by a client that I helped make their day better. Can't make everyone happy but those instances that you do make work all worth it.
Pros
My coworkers are awesome and the benefits are excellent.
Cons
The points system that they use isn't something I necessarily agree with, being that I am a single parent with three children who all have appointments I can't do away with.
Claim Next is the Motto
Verification and Document Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 15, 2016
This company does not care about anything except production numbers and making quota. Yes, there is advancement opportunities for the ones that are clearly favorites. Supervisors are unprofessional and think it's more important to continue being friends with their former team mates. It's apparent "do as I say, not as I do" is the mentality of management. If you to go a supervisor with a question you are spoken to as if you should already know the answer and are being a bother. This is a highly stressful job. You are constantly left feeling that you are not valued as an employee. The morale is very low. The turn over is high.
Pros
The hours, weekends off
Cons
Little support from Management
It's a rewarding experience but the pay is way too low
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CANovember 3, 2015
I love the work itself and the co-workers are amazing. The only bad thing about this job is how low we're paid compared to other case managers in this industry. Management doesn't seem to care about the employees and we don't get many perks. For the amount of work that we do, I think we deserve to be paid a decent amount of salary however, management never fight for our rights and the bonuses don't even help at all.
Pros
rewarding work experience, amazing coworkers, job security
Cons
low salary, high turnover, no raise
High Call Volume, Average Pay
Enrollment Broker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2016
Decent Pay, Terrible Management.
Favoritism rampant throughout call center, constantly busy and understaffed due to frequent dropping of employees.
Pros
Raised Wages, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
High Call Volume, Understafffed, Favoritism
Hard workers
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CaliforniaJuly 10, 2015
Typical day is competitive production standards. Zero privacy in the office. Cell phone usage not tolerated. Publicized production within teams is standard. Compensation is below comparison for privatized companies. Basic benefits without creativity. Company is not loyal to employees. Projects terminate with no warning, and group wide lay offs are common. Disregard in throwing large numbers of people back into competition for work with no warning. Instability is rampant in attitudes and relationships in the office. There is no up or down mentoring or written ladder for advancement. Annual review does not mesh with standards for pay raise, which are below common rates for private industry.
Pros
Temp agencies place easy here
Cons
lay offs are common with unstable project management
Ok
MassHealth Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Am not fond of the culture, it seems like every one there is compelled to use their power to over power others. They are not the best as well with letting some of the employees go. Does not seem to be confidential or compassionate about terminating employees.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Picky and rude about being fired
It is a fast pace enviroment with a new learning experince each day.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 19, 2015
A typical day is very busy and most of the time calls are back to back. Management is always around to assist CSR's with difficult calls. I have learned how problem solve in an efficient manner. My experience at Maximus has help me grow in my customer service skills and taught me how to expand my skills on empathizing with consumers.
Pros
TV room, pool table, free health insurance, great benefits, great pay
Cons
Calls may be challenging at times
Maximus is a great source for providing an experienced & knowledgeable path to Health/Care Insurance Opportunities
Customer Service Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 7, 2016
A typical workday could include managing a high call volume & multi-tasking by answering multiple questions and being able to obtain relevant information for the customer.

I learn new things daily, as the Policies & Procedures surrounding Health Insurance continuously changes and/or updates.

Maximus provides a great support system through it's Management Team.

I possess a great respect for my co-workers considering the daily challenges we face together each day. We work great together as a "TEAM".

The hardest part of my job is, only being able to provide a limited amount of assistance/information to my customer.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I did my absolute best to assist my customer and knowing that my customer is happy & satisfied by the end of the call.
Pros
Excellent experience and/or exposure to the Health Care Policies & Procedures
Cons
Point System
Easy job made difficult by management ego's
RN Evaluator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2016
As a Nurse, I am competent & friendly. This job was cake as far as the work goes. You would think all would be easy & peaceful. No. RN Managers are inexperienced & insecure. If you don't stroke their ego's daily & often, you find yourself as a target no matter how efficiently you work. Especially RN Manager YK - what a nightmare! Sneaky liar.
To top headaches off, no benefits provided. They expect everything & provide very little.
Pros
Easy work for competent RN
Cons
Manager insecurity & incompetence. No benefits.
Low Morale and Chaotic Leadership
CSR 1 - Federal Health Insurance Marketplace (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 18, 2016
My immediate Supervisors were terrific and did what they could to make the best of a poorly-managed site. It finally closed down.

I really enjoyed helping fellow citizens who were calling in to find out about the Health Insurance Marketplace, that was the best part of the job!

Offsite management (government) seemed to be chaotic, rude, and lacking in common sense about how ordinary things work! They were apparently unwilling to treat us with the same respect they demanded from us while we served those calling in for help.

The local company (Maximus) did try to increase morale among the employees through various on-site activities and events.
Pros
thankful that I had a job
Cons
negatives created by bureaucrats
Like being babysat for 8 hours...
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Penalized for "acts of God" ... 8 Tasks an hour = 7 minutes a task if you get a task that has only 1 document on it. Then you have people in position of "Team Lead" who don't know the answers to problems and the people who applied for team lead and actually KNOW what they are doing get bypassed (no, not me)... Supervisors and management play favorites. Mandatory overtime (yes overtime is nice at time and a half) can get crazy because if you can't do it, you get penalized/punished. Supervisors/Team Leads can get up and leave the floor anytime they want, if we need to use the restroom, we literally have to use the "clock system" to time ourselves... Feels like high school all over again.
Excellent
ENROLLMENT BROKER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Great benefits, great pay, union, fun and grat place to work. Management is great, good environment. They always answer my questions, always ready to hear me.
Productive, Promotes Independence
FCSR- Cayuga County (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 2, 2016
I usually start of my day by getting organized and reviewing prior day's enrollments and daily reports. Once that is done, I proceed to contact clients that need to be enrolled into a managed care plan and process enrollments. I also meet with clients and hold Group meetings. I have learned quite alot about insurance, people's needs, and what may work well for them. Maximus has one of the best management teams I have worked for. They are always trying to improve every aspect of what they do and making sure the clients have the best possible information so that they can make the proper choices. Maximus does this by promoting training and feeling free to ask as many questions as need to be so that I can offer my client the best answers. The hardest part of my job may be having to explain the ins and outs of insurance. Many clients have little to no understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job, is having a client thank me for my patience in helping them understand and choose the plan that would work best for them.
Pros
Promoting Independence
Cons
Half hour lunches
Good position
Outreach Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2015
Great communit/social work. I was able to learn more about the Medicaid/Medicare benefits, Social Security benefits. VA benefits, Victims of Violent crimes, SSI/Medicaid programs and any other social services agency in the community.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No career advancement in Outreach Counselor field
Unless you're desperate, don't work here
Research Administrator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 4, 2015
Every day we are micromanaged. Nothing we do makes sense. If you suggest a way to correct something, nothing gets done. Management tells you that you're doing well and are close to promotions, but you never get them. Our yearly raise was less than 1%. Supervisors at least 10-15 minutes late 4/5 days a week, but if you're 3 minutes late once, you get talked to. Leading by example is not included in Maximus' description, that's for sure.
Fun place to work and always busy
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXDecember 15, 2015
The training is good, management is awesome, its a really professional atmosphere, always celebrating something to keep up the moral and good security measures.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
very little lunch time
Positive environment around clients, co-workers, and supervisors
Employment First Career Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 17, 2015
I was side contracted with Maximus through Lutheran Family Services. A typical day at work is fun working with clients on their cases, everyone puts in team effort to get work done, positive attitude in the work environment which helps everyone to get to know each other well and feel like a family not just a place to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you still know how to have fun with co-workers and seeing the clients successful.The hardest part of the job is when your clients doesn't comply with the program and you having to sanction them which they lose their benefits.
Pros
flexible time, positive attitude, fun work place, supportive supervisors.
Cons
clients not in compliance with program, sanctioning