Information Technology Manager
FAX Resume with Salary History to: 405-778-7429
The Information Technology Manager position is a sole-contributor role, without direct reports. This position is responsible for implementing leadership, direction, control and strategies for all aspects of Information Technology in order to ensure cost-effective, efficient operations and optimum utilization of resources. The Information Technology Manager is responsible for ensuring
· system and network performance
· support for operational problems
· system capabilities required for projected workloads
· information is provided to management to plan layout and install new system or modify existing system
· Execute IT strategy for the Marine business
· Establish and manage vendor relationships to maintain technology infrastructure (production system, telecommunications, network, servers, desktop applications & hardware)
· Day-to-day support of Marine technology infrastructure
· Maintenance of production system
· Develop strong relationships with business leaders & user community
1. Confers with management to obtain information on limitations and capabilities of existing system and capabilities required for data processing projects and projected work load.
2. Evaluates factors such as number of departments serviced by data processing equipment, volume of transactions, and availability and response requirements.
3. Develops and implements with senior management concurrence, information system strategies, plans and budgets that are consistent with the Company’s short and long term business direction and priorities.
4. Administers system and/or project specification and contract negotiations and approvals, with third party consultants and software companies, to perform and/or supplement in-house resources in the execution of specialized information systems related project.
5. Analyzes information to determine modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation, and effective use of allotted space.
6. Authorizes the coordination of activities involving contractors who represent various software and consultancy companies.
7. Consults with executive and senior management to review systems development direction and performance of operations support, including project status, issues, progress, etc. and to ensure that business systems integration efforts are in place and will provide for timely and accurate flow of information across all Company departments.
8. Researches the development of alternative approaches, including cost/benefit analysis, and directs or participates in presentations to executive management for review and approval.
9. Provides technical leadership and guidance on a departmental as well as company-wide basis. Reviews and evaluates information regarding hardware, software and network communication systems provided by vendors, trade journals, seminars, conferences, trade shows, and professional organizations. Ensures that short and long range plans are consistent with technological trends and advances.
10. Uses personal computer to draft or prepare documents, studies, summaries, reports, etc. requiring spreadsheet and word processing skills at an advanced level of proficiency.
11. Evaluates new hardware, software and upgrades which may have applicability to system requirements.
12. Provides support for computer systems, including, but not limited to, software, hardware or telecommunication systems. Duties include troubleshooting hardware and software problems, assisting users with problems and providing limited user training. Monitors functioning of servers and networks to ensure that systems operate in conformance with specifications.
13. Uses resources to ensure data integrity and security and tuning tools to optimize server and network performance. Creates and maintains user access permissions to network and data resources.
14. Process jobs on the network and main computer systems, keep log files, sorting, and distributing of reports. Enters data into computer terminal to store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
15. Works with microcomputer applications, including word processors, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, database systems, electronic mail and communications. Supports and installs PC's and various printers, graphics, and storage peripherals.
16. Supports local and wide-area network solutions among multiple platforms. Manages local area network connections. Manages availability, performance and security for wireless, remote and mobile devices connected to the network through fixed, internet and dial-up services.
17. Performs system backups as a key process in disaster recovery and designs/maintains outside location for disaster recovery.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely-related field; or graduation from a specialized technology school and at seven to ten years of directly relevant, full-time work experience.
A thorough knowledge of computer hardware and software systems is necessary. Excellent windows/windows environment experience a must. Specific knowledge in MAS and DM2 Systems operations is essential. Broad technical background is necessary to support all company server, network and user platforms. This position functions as a sole-contributor without direct reports.
FAX Resume to: 405-778-7429