Due to the consistent growth of our core business, Maxx Marketing has an immediate opening for a full-time Manager, Office Administration at our Chicago Office
About Maxx Marketing
Maxx Marketing is a global promotional marketing agency that connects brands to consumers with keen insight, bold creativity and cultural relevance. With deep experience in both integrated marketing and brand-based product design, we develop and activate engaging programs that drive transactions.
Maxx has 12 offices worldwide, including London, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzen, Singapore, Tokyo and Manila. We do business in over 100 markets around the globe. A career with Maxx allows for tremendous growth opportunities. We currently have employment opportunities in a variety of global locations and disciplines, including account management, project management, sales & business development, information systems and administration.
Maxx Marketing is a WPP Group company (http://wpp.com) and affiliate of Ogilvy & Mather, JWT, Y&R, Grey Worldwide, MindShare, Mediaedge, Millward Brown, and other industry leaders. To learn more about Maxx, please visit our website at: http://www.maxx-marketing.com
The position entails the combined duties of Office and HR administrative functions to provide full support for a growing, entrepreneurial promotional marketing agency.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Office Administration responsibilities: (80%)
- Report daily attendance to Hong Kong headquarters
- Record and update staff leave summary
- Ensure staff follows company policies and procedures
- Responsible for the maintenance of office facility and IT equipment
- Research on travel options and coordinate travel arrangements for staff
- Procurement of office supplies, vendor negotiations and management, place service requests
- Monitor and control office administrative costs
- Coordinate with headquarters on staff expense reports and office procurement reports
- Organize company and client events: Holiday parties, client related events, group functions etc.
HR Responsibilities: (20%)
- Recruiting: Work with department managers on hiring needs and conduct preliminary screening of applications to short-list candidates
- Candidate Sourcing: Establish a pipeline of qualified candidates utilizing online resume sites, assist in recruitment for other offices whenever required
- Interviewing: Arrange interview schedules for appropriate interviewers
- New Hires: Create offer letters, set up facility for new hires before arrival and conduct staff orientation on company policies and benefits
- Temporary/freelance employees: Handle all request forms from department managers, clear request with finance, set up facility for new temporary employee, and create temporary/freelance contracts
- Personnel files: Maintain employee and temporary employee personnel file system.
- Internship: Implement program according to agency needs, recruit and oversee the interns during their stay
- Probation and Termination Process: Involved in the process of probation, layoffs and terminations
The right candidate will be an effective communicator with an entrepreneurial mindset, has a minimum of 6+ years experience in Office and HR administration. Must be detail-oriented, organized, cost conscious, able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and multi-national environment:
- Office administration/management experience is a MUST
- BA/BS degree, in Marketing, Advertising, Mathematics, Finance, or others
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Multi-tasking ability, able to juggle projects to meet deadline
- Professional, ability to maintain confidentiality
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet savvy
- Process driven and experienced in establishing best practice
- Resourceful, proactive and highly organized
- Process focused, ability to devise work process to create efficiency
- Great people skills /approachable/good listener
- Experienced in negotiation and managing relationships with vendors
- Finance/bookkeeping/QuickBooks experience is an added advantage
- Bilingual (Spanish, Chinese, French, etc.) a plus
- e-commerce skills and branded merchandise experience a plus
Comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary commensurate with experience, full health benefits, 401K, company paid pension, and performance bonus.
Please email resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for this position by responding to this post. Absolutely NO telephone calls. Applicants not following these instructions will not be considered.
Please do not apply unless you meet the above criteria and qualifications. Due to the volume of resumes received, we will only be responding to those candidates we have interest in interviewing. We thank all others in advance. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Principals only. Maxx does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms.
Maxx Marketing is an equal opportunity employer that employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or any basis prohibited by law.
Office Manager, Quickbooks, HR, Promotional Marketing, Branded Merchandise, Premium, ASI, PPAI