Promotional Marketing - Operation Specialist – Order Processing
We are currently seeking industry professionals with experience in the branded merchandise and product-based promotional marketing space. Experience with ASI (Advertising Specialty Institute) and/or PPAI (Promotional Products Association International) is required. Please don’t apply unless you have industry experience, as no others will be considered.
Due to rapid growth in our branded merchandise B2B e-commerce division, The Maxx Shop, we are actively recruiting staff. We are seeking an Operations Specialist to manage order processing of branded merchandise for WPP Group companies and corporate clients. We have other positions available as well.
Maxx Shop was created to provide ready-made branded merchandise solutions to existing clients as a complement to the custom premiums that have made Maxx Marketing a leader in the bespoke premium space. Maxx Marketing is a fully integrated, product-based marketing agency, with expertise in custom design and execution of consumer products for promotional, retail, and brand marketing. We are a dynamic entrepreneurial agency with a diverse Fortune 500 client portfolio and a global reach. Maxx has regional offices in nine key international markets, and an operation headquarters in Hong Kong. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and unparalleled advancement opportunities due to our rapid growth.
Maxx Marketing is a WPP Group company (www.wpp.com) and affiliate of Ogilvy & Mather, JWT, Y&R, Grey Worldwide, GroupM, Burson-Marsteller, Millward Brown, and other industry leaders. To learn more about us, please visit our website at: www.maxx-marketing.com
Comprehensive compensation package including competitive salary commensurate with experience, full health benefits, 401K, company paid pension, and performance bonus.
This position is an integral hub of communication and is responsible for order processing, fielding customer service issues and coordinating communication between our sales reps, accounts and delivery team. Implement purchase orders and fulfillment process and execute on the timely delivery of merchandises to clients. Interface with suppliers and ensure inventory to meet planned delivery schedules. Manage the day-to-day operational tasks and serve as effective liaison for internal and external partners. Incumbent will have direct oversight and management of order processing workflow and portal applications. Empowered with decision-making ability to provide effective problem solving suggestions to internal and external clients.
The position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operations and overall management and oversight of Order Processing
- Receives orders by Internet, phone, fax or internal communication
- Enters orders into system, generating sales and purchase orders for processing
- Receives delivery logs and coordinates invoice processing
- Customer service including answering phones, product inquiries and quotes
- Interface with suppliers and ensure inventory meeting planned delivery schedule
- Updates customer accounts regarding delivery status
- Interface with suppliers or warehousing to effectively create work instructions in a timely and efficient manner to optimize costs
- Interface with IT support, customer service and fulfillment to improve processes to meet customer needs
- Address issues; determine root cause; and implement sustainable corrective actions. Be main contact for supplier and product fulfillment transportation issues
- Identifies ways to optimize operating model and/or processes to maximize savings for merchandising.
- Maintain performance dashboards for all metrics and regularly present analysis and recommendations
- Must have order processing experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, internet research and quick to learn new systems and applications
- Must have 2+ years business experience in marketing operations
- 1+ years’ experience managing a client relationship
- Bachelor Degree in business, marketing or related field
- Catalog or consumer goods industry knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in manufacturing, logistics, production timeline management.
- Creative agency experience is preferred
- Solid leadership, communication and relationship building skills with proven ability to obtain buy-in on concepts/ideas
- Excellent facilitation and collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively across a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems, develop new tactics and address implementation obstacles
Please respond to this post with your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are a good fit for this position. Only resumes with cover letters will be considered. Absolutely no telephone calls. Do not apply unless you meet all the above criteria and qualifications. Due to volume of resumes received, we will only be responding to those candidates we have interest in interviewing. We thank all others in advance. All responses will be kept strictly confidential.
Maxx Marketing is an equal opportunity employer that employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or any basis prohibited by law.