MAXX PROPERTIES Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent Staff/Felt Disposable
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2016
Working with MAXX Properties was one of the greatest opportunities I thought I would ever have. However, learning that having any advance degrees does NOT consider you to be a viable competitive candidate. You are basically just talking to people about an apartment. Who cares if you have a graduate degree? I felt incredibly disposable not by my peers or Community Manager, but by higher managers who did not take my skill level seriously. What a huge loss.
Poor Management
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2016
All the power for each of their properties is in the hands of their Property Managers. Instead of upgrading their properties, they keep throwing "perfume on the pig". Be aware - you be the interviewer - to see if the property manager knows how to run a property - mine had no clue how to treat her people or how to set up a team!
Pros
benifits
Cons
Lack of communication - no help from the corporation.
Family business with a very professional environment
Executive Assistant and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYOctober 16, 2015
A professional and exciting work place, teamwork is very important. I learned a lot about building management and how residential buildings run on a day to day basis. Management is very helpful and considerate, coworkers are helpful and team players. The hardest part of the job was getting to know all of the building managers, as there were several buildings in seven states, New York had over 50 alone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the diversity in what I did, I supported the COO as well as supervised a team of four, every day was an exciting new challenge.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Laid off
Changing company
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 24, 2015
This is a good company to work for. There is a shortage of employees so the work loads are tremendous. Management is old fashioned and needs to revisit its principles to match the new generation of employee.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Out of date management principles
The grass isnt greener on the other side!
Multi Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas and DenverJuly 30, 2015
I left Maxx to pursue advancement opportunities, but have often regretted leaving. Maxx was a great company to work for, I only wish they were in the Orlando area so I could work for them now.
It's amazing what a can of paint can do.
Schlepper (Current Employee) –  GlenwoodMarch 8, 2015
Preferential rental rates seem to be the scheme to Maxx's format. By over valuing their properties and raising rental rates by 3-7% (2.9% after preferential) they save an annual 30% in profits based on losses due preferential rate increases. The turn around is incredible. You are a number less than zero. You must be a Goyim to live and work here.
Pros
close to the river and train if you wish to end your suffering.
Cons
you will not be able to maintain the cost of you domicile unless you diversify your income.
Great managment group for a begginer in the multihousing industry
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 5, 2014
Upper management was terrible from the SVP's, VP's, and RM's. The lack of concern when there were on site issues created a lot of frustration from staff and residents.
Pros
hired without any experience in industry
Cons
wages and commisions are low
Fun working with Management and Co-Workers
Housekeeper/Porter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 27, 2013
Cleaning/Lots of Cleaning
Learned how to do Restorative Cleaning
Management was Great.
Hardest/Climbing up and down stairs through 7 buildings a day.
It was a Family Oriented Atmosphere!
Pros
team work/room for advancement
Cons
all the stair climbing
Not a neccessity to the company
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 5, 2013
Although this is a professionally managed company they seem to care most about the property managers. If you are a person who likes to have your opinion voiced or like to speak up when you feel like you are not treated fairly then this is NOT the company for you. I worked for the Manager from hell. Although her community has a high turonver rate for employees and residents, it seems like that does not matter to Maxx Properties because her numbers always look great and she looks good on paper. Every person she has hired she has also fired. When I say she fired them I mean she seriously plotts against you if you make a mistake or do something that she doesn't like. She is the hardest person to please and has her entire staff dreading the work week with her. I know the position seems great however, I strongly suggest that you explore your options before you are trapped by Maxx Properties!!!

APPLICANT BEWARE
Pros
pays nice
Cons
you are not a valued employee
Good place to start and move forward.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 20, 2014
Small Company based out of New York, a good place to start a career in property management, acquire some knowledge of the business and move forward.
great
engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 1, 2012
i liked working with the chife engineer learnsd alot, liked co workers did not like managment working with the chife engineer
Pros
lived in the complex
Cons
managment