MAY TRUCKING

MAY TRUCKING Employer Reviews

Beautiful office view
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: see the country
Cons: substandard pay for the hours worked
Pre trip inspections of Class A truck and semi trailer.
Pick and Deliver loads up to 46,000 lbs.
Obey all DOT requirements
Utilize Electronic logs
48 states
Safety first in all situations.
Great Place to drive for...
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Payette, ID.February 21, 2014
Pros: good communications
Cons: felt like pay was low for the job i did.
Driving a semi truck and trailer with goods across country, for 3 days at a time and finding the place of delivery was a great challenge I really enjoyed. Seeing all the 48 different states, and driving in often very severe weather was a WELCOMED Challenge. Management was very understanding of my needs and very supportive. But when when my marriage – more... fell apart in a bad way, I could not juggle driving and the issues at hand. If I could have cleaned that mess up in hurry I would still be here. I really enjoyed this company. – less
Unprofessional management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brooks, ORJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management unprofessional
Work was very busy. I learned a lot about communication with customers. I was not impressed with the management, because the main supervisor and my manager were having an affair. My co-worker talked behind my bad to my manager and everything was very unprofessional. Hardest part was learning my job, as the training was limited. I enjoyed the customers – more... and meeting them in person. – less
company takes care of their employes
Driver (Former Employee), Layton, UTDecember 6, 2013
long days (sometimes) learned the truck (the do's & don'ts) management is great, keep you moving. Hardest part of the job, learning highways, city's. most enjoyable part of the job, nice trucks, good people, the view's!
otr
Company Truck Driver (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 20, 2013
3 weeks on the road/3 days home
don't spend much time with other people
hardest part of the job is never being home/always being alone
UNLOAD TRALERS ALL KINDS OF FREIGHT
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee), Salem, ORJuly 28, 2013
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: long hours on the road
I HAVE WORK FOR GORDON TRUCKING. ANDWERNER INTERPIISE . NOT GOOD AT SPELLING, SORRY FOR 3 YEARS THEN I WNT TO WORK FOR INTERSTATE DIST FOR SEVEN YEARS. THEN I WENT TO WORK FOR UNITED NATURAL FOODS DELIVERED NATURAL FOODS TO STORES. I GOT ALONE VERY WELL WITH ALL MY COE WORKERS.
Great Company
Regional truck driver (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 26, 2013
Pros: decent freight
Cons: pushing drivers to drive in hazardous condition, whether they like it or not
the first year i made well over $50,000. The second year
i had 2 back to back deaths in my family in California,and needed to be down there for 1 week each time despite the company plainly telling me it wasn't acceptable. They looked for several ways to get rid of me, but i quit not soon after returning from california
doesnt have the miles
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salem, ORJune 3, 2013
Pros: new equipment
May doesn't have the miles to run you more than 2000 a week they take forever to dispatch loads.
Driving a Truck was just a job to me. I saw no enjoyment working for May Trucking Co.
Erik VanDerlindie /Team Manager/ Phone (Former Employee), Salem , OrMay 4, 2013
24hr a day job. Gone 30days at a time. Just not my cup of tea. I drove the 48 states. Picked-up / Droped off merchandise. Maintained a daily log. Truck and trailer Inspections. I have no desire to return to truck driving
This company sucks!!
OTR driver (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Cons: force driving
Beware of this company, they make you drive even tho something is broken and if you get a ticket its still your fault.
Ok company to start with as an entry level driver, but get out after your year.
Company Driver (Current Employee), Salem (Brooks Terminal)January 11, 2013
Pros: they hire entry level drivers
Cons: long term career sucks with them
As a recent truck school graduate and new to the trucking industry May Trucking looked to be a promising place to work. After a short time in an older Pete company truck my DM told me he was going to put me in a newer truck a 2012 Pete.

Less than a week in my "new" truck I was broke down for over 2 weeks sitting in a motel room.

Since then May's staff – more... and employee's have demanded I falsify my log books to make delivery on-time, demanded I drive on on clearly marked "truck restricted routes" and in general treated me like garbage.

If your a new driver and new to the trucking industry I would recommend that if you do get hired with May, drive for year and get out!

May has no respect for it's drivers and will lie to you every chance they get.

Only once and this was after working for over 6 months did I get a day off I requested. – less
its a good company to work for.
otr (Former Employee), layton utahNovember 29, 2012
Pros: get you home on time
Cons: cannot always get you the miles you need
good company gets you home on time can nit always get you the miles you need.
upper management does not know how the business runs
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Layton, UTNovember 26, 2012
Pros: good company to work for only to learn from.
Cons: no growth potental.
upper management runs company by the numbers. which would work if they know where and how the numbers come from. unaware or don't care if driver and truck sit waiting for freight. driver has no idea what is next and can not plan out day for maximum miles or customer service.
job was long houers and bad pay
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Salem, ORNovember 26, 2012
Pros: got to drive truck
Cons: bad pay
job was very hard, long houers on the road, no home life, and the pay was just bad at best.
Very friendly staff
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Gary, INNovember 1, 2012
Very easy to work with, pre planned dispatches, home time never missed, great benifits, great DMs
Great Company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 6, 2012
Pros: friendly, quick to respond to issues, paid attention to weather
Cons: not enough work to keep drivers running, due to economy
I really enjoyed working for May Trucking. I did so twice. Their management team was caring, able to get you home when requested, fixed the equipment when needed, followed DOT rules and regulations, treated you like a person and not just a body in a truck to get their loads delivered. Would recommend them to anyone looking for a job.