Mayer Brown LLP

Mayer Brown LLP Employer Reviews

Managed and filed trademarks
Trademark Paralegal (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work included managing clients intellectual property portfolios. Ensuring that no deadlines were approaching and if so, making sure the attorney was aware of it.
Great place to work.
PARALEGAL (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2014
Pros: all the pros are listed in my description.
Cons: there were no cons. to this day, i am sorry i left for a writing job.
I loved working at Mayer Brown. It is a pleasure to work with brilliant attorneys and dedicated staff where professionalism is expected from all. I am a perfectionist, and I appreciated working with people who expect perfection and dedication. I always felt valued.
Law Firm Culture
Supervisor of Word Processing (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 12, 2014
Not the worst or the best. In my role, very shaky job security.
Great Company - Learned A Lot!
HR Coordinator II (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2014
The distance is my main factor is finding another job.

I have experience working in a fast paced enviornment, where things change at the drop of a hat. I am well organized and excel in multi tasking. I learned to these habits by working for Mayer Brown for the past 7 years.
Positive work culture
Attorney Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee), ChicagoFebruary 10, 2014
Management, work/life balance, compensation - they have it all.
Productive and interesting work place with ability to meet famous individuals.
Secretary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: free computer classes, free coffee, tea and milk daily.
Cons: limited chance of advancement.
Mayer Brown was a great company to work for. My position was unfortunately eliminated because several attorney positions had been eliminated.

A typical day for me at Mayer Brown included, but was not limited to the following: managing items on my attorneys' calendars, arranging conferences and making travel arrangements, assisting them by revising their court documents or other client correspondence, preparing their expense reports and by managing client files and documents.

Each month we received a training calendar and were able to sign up for computer classes which were offered at no charge to the employees.

From time to time I was asked to research legal files from the internet.
Excellent Productive and Team Orientated Environment
C3 Customer Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2013
Mayer Brown LLP is an excellent firm that provides its employees opportunity, growth and experience.
New Mayer Brown culture does not have the same values that made it what it is today.
Paralegal (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 16, 2012
Pros: number of employees globally gives the abliity to take on the largest projects
Cons: cold, aloof, and tense atmosphere makes it difficult to focus.
The entire mindset has changed to reflect the current economic climate. Old Mayer Brown strived to provide the best services to clients and placed a high value on experience. As the economy came to effect the bottom line the management brought in hachet men to prune out employees in their 40s and 50s to bring in new and lower level replacements. Many co-workers and many years of pride because you knew you had exhausted every angle and the client was getting the best service and representation by the top legal teams. An exodus of top attorneys and support staff has really changed what a client can expect to receive in services. Many fine employees still work there, but diversity in the type of knowledge and expertise are gone forever.
Excellent law firm and culture.
Assistant Director (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 12, 2012
Mayer Brown is an excellent law firm. The culture is conservative and there is room for advancement on the staff side. As with most firms and companies today, the most difficult aspect is doing more with less.