Mayer Brown LLP Employee Reviews

Multiple overtime hours
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
This job was the jump start of my adult career. Most of the attorneys were amazing and didn't mind sharing their wealth and knowledge. Mayer Brown comes highly recommended.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
Handling all aspects of litigation documents including discovery and depositions, etc. Mayer Brown is very diverse. Hardest part of the job is the travel or hours needed during trial. But, a great place to work.
Pros
Just working there.
Cons
Hours during trials.
Very Pleasant work environment
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
The human Resources department is very supportive. The work is challenging however a hard worker like myslef enjoy a fast paced work environment . I really loved working at Mayer Brown.
Mayer Brown LLP is one of the top law firms to be employed with.
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2017
My 30 years of employment with Mayer Brown LLP were many years of learning, being a team player, sharing knowledge, working with other departments and respect for everyone.
Pros
Firm outings, Christmas parties and celebrating different sporting events
Cons
At times meeting some deadlines
Very nice place to work.
Conference Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
The people here and the culture is great and diverse which i can appreciate. Neil is the best partner in charge there is he is a winner. they work very hard.
Pros
Events Events
Cons
no OT
Usual Law Firm
eBilling Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 13, 2017
At this firm, the attorneys are great, but I work in the Accounting department, and the management is unaware of the volume of work and seems to be blaming the staff for the inability to keep up. Increased workload does require a staff increase at some point; I don't know what point they will see that, however.
Challenging legal environment
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2017
Mayer Brown offers employees an extremely challenging, yet satisfying, work environment that stretches the acumen of employees. Coworkers work collaboratively to solve client legal problems and ensure that the best possible legal services are provided.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 12, 2017
Mayer Brown is a good place to work. They have a profound interest in your welfare. They have effective leadership and always puts the employee first.
Job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2017
Mayer Brown was a internship for me one High school summer. I enjoyed learning how the business world looked like and also how it worked. Mayer Brown was my first full time job and it was pretty nice.
Professional atmosphere with excellent benefits
Client Relationship Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2017
Very professional atmosphere with excellent benefits provided – professional development activities available – well stocked cafeteria – pleasant work environment
Wonderful corporate opportunity at a global law firm.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2016
I managed and coordinated confidential and time sensitive administrative request of senior partners, associates, legal secretaries, and paralegals. Supported and fostered the vision of a recognized global law firm and perpetuated profitable client/firm relationships. Afforded to work alongside a 50 year plus stellar partner and I was/is highly regarded trusted and regarded.
Pros
Lots of opportunity for cultural and social networking excursions in a world class city, Chicago.(my hometown)
Cons
Pay was not commiserate with education and experience.
Good employee moral, at least in the department I work in. Great life/work balance. Employees can wear jeans every Friday all year long.
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2015
Just recently moved to Rockefeller area from Broadway. Been employed over two years. Good work collaboration among secretaries in my group.
Pros
Jean Fridays all year round. Staff activities through out the year.
Cons
Expensive healthcare, Low salary for experienced secretaries of 10 years or more.
Great experience
Telecommunications Administrator III (Current Employee) –  ChicagoOctober 10, 2015
Very positive projects and very wide range of opportunities I was given exceptional reviews for each of my eleven years at Mayer Brown
good place to work
Senior Records Analyst - Records (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2015
The Records Team work very good together. I had deadlines that need to complete in a timely matter. Creating training materials for secretaries and paralegals.
Great Attorneys to work for
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 2, 2015
This is a great place to work at. I enjoy going to work every day. The attorneys I work for appreciate all my work. I get along with my co workers very well. The only set back is the salary and the ability to move up.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
salary
A Fair Company
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2015
Coming from a company that rarely rewarded it's employees, Mayer Brown goes out of it's way to recognize them for various reasons, especially long term employees.
N/a
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 5, 2015
No opportunity for growth within department.
No option to telecommute.
Expensive benefits.
No flexibility with work schedule.
My co-workers are great!
Very nice place to work.
Floater Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 10, 2015
I was a Floater Legal Secretary for a good while. This meant I needed to be flexible and skilled in every area of the law firm to do my job. I was also trained in Accounts Payable and Client Billing in order to fill in for folks when they were out of the office. I believe this was my favorite place in my career I worked. I was treated with respect as a person and given a lot of responsibility which meant they trusted me fully.
Pros
A lot of experience in all areas of law which was a plus for me!
Cons
Adapting to all different personalities and stress levels in a law firm.
Mayer Brown
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2014
Mayer Brown is a friendly law firm with mostly nice people, but the work is given unevenly. Quality associates will work nearly 2500 hours while other associates will leave at 6 every day with little work.
Managed and filed trademarks
Trademark Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work included managing clients intellectual property portfolios. Ensuring that no deadlines were approaching and if so, making sure the attorney was aware of it.