Mayo Clinic Health System

Mayo Clinic Health System Employer Reviews

Great place to learn and work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Waycross, GAMarch 24, 2014
Working here while attending nursing school was an excellent experience to learn. This was also my first job as a CNA and they made it a great place to work.
I really enjoyed working at the clinic. I loved being on the computer all day and helping internal and external customers.
Medical Records Clerk-pulling (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with.
I was busy all day while working at the clinic and I loved it. I really enjoyed all the people I worked with and it felt so good to help out where ever I was needed.
My Job Description
Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Cannon Falls, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Registration and scheduling of patients to clinic and hospital. Registration of patients to the Emergency Room. Assist in the processing of all funds for the daily bank deposit. Telephone operator to the hospital and clinic. Collecting co-pays from patients and issuing receipts of payments. Strong customer service skills. Updating database used by the – more... Mayo Clinic Health Care System. Maintain and inventory hospital cashbox. Strong ability to multi-task. Extensive training on medical insurance verification. Extensive training on the Mayo Clinic's Payment Navigator Online Payment System. Daily reporting of end of shift financial reconciliation. Trained in medical records recording and distribution. Familiar with Federal and State Safety requirements in working in a fully functioning Medical Center, including Hospital and Emergency Room Procedures. Trained in Disaster Preparedness, Fire Cessation, and Standard Security Procedures for our medical center. CPR and AED certified through the American Heart Association. Trained in Conflict Resolution, Infection Prevention and Infection Control. Sort and distribute all mail. Assist supervisor with special projects when needed. Extensive training in Service Recovery, HIPPA, and OSHA's Revised Hazard Communication Standard. Completed course sponsored by the American Red Cross in Child Care as a Mother's Aide. – less
Productive work place with no comment on fun
LPN (Current Employee), Waycross, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: teaching and learning, fairly good pay the reward of seeing patients recover and being a asset to the public
Cons: some days no lunch, very long hours, dealign with patients that you cannot satisfy
In by 0645 am, patient rounding and report by 0700. Check meds for patients and pulled by 0800. Round on all my patients by 0900 and start my meds administering. Do my patient acuity then do documentation on all my patients by 1100. Assists with bath, vitals signs and blood sugar checks. then at 1200 noon help set up patients to be fed. Check for new – more... orders and carry them out from the start of the day and ongoing. Calling doctors through out the day for patients needs. Getting patients ready for procedures, taking new information on patients test result, calling critical to the doctors. Doing patient and family education. Discharging patients through out the day. Doing discharge follow up calls when having few minutes in between all other duties. Documenting all required information on patient for that day. stripping rooms and wheeling patients out when transport n/a. Starting and restarting IV's, doing dressing changes, assisting doctors at the bedside, taking calls talking with family members and giving up date on patients, answering phones, relaying and receiving information to and from case managers on helping patients with needs while in hospital and when patients goes home. this is ongoing through out the remainder of day until end of shift and by 1845 giving report to on coming shift and taking them to patients room to introduce them to the patients. then staying late to get all my work completed if it means until 2100 on my 7a to 7p shift. I have learned so much regarding health care, leadership, team work, the needs of the public, the science of nursing, the cost and need for health care. Regarding management how to be a leader, educate new nurses, be responsible and carry out duties when my SCC is not on unit and how to manage my time wisely. The hardest part of my job is the physical requirements for pulling, lifting of patients, the stress of the job and having a patient to die on me and watch what the family has to go through. The most enjoyable part of this job is the reward of some one being healed, improved, have hope for life, educated, given hope for tomorrow and educating other nurses. – less
Great place to work. Very flexible with family life.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Bloomer, WIJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: flexible work shift and ability to work from home.
Cons: nothing really.
Mayo Clinic Health System is a great place to work as they are very flexible with work and family balance. I have great coworkers and a wonderful supervisor.
Great job security and great mission and values
Patient Account Specialist- Claims Management Lead (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: sense of pride in my work
Cons: low pay for quantity of work and expectations
A typical day at work is busy yet fun, great people to work with. Management is there when you need them but don't micro manage you. The thing I enjoy the most is the people I work with.
production atmosphere, busy all the time
Supervisor Jackie Schickling (Current Employee), Mankato, MNNovember 30, 2013
Pros: busy work atmosphere
Cons: management was distant
transcribing hospital and clinic documents, answering department phone, expediting stat request for physicians

learned word processing computer programs and how to access appropriate electronic medical records

management was distant, had to be self-motivated and keep busy without direction from others

was stressful to be in a constant production – more... mode

coworkers were helpful, caring, excellent people to work with – less
Basic Job
Utility Worker (Current Employee), Waycross, GANovember 11, 2013
Pros: free food, benefits, willingness to work around school schedule
Cons: gossip
Typical Day at work was basic cleaning and ensuring safety of patients and others. I learned proper sanitary guidelines and slight use of basic tools. Management was ok but could use improvement.
Excellent place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIOctober 16, 2013
Great experience with all levels of providers. Pleasant place to work and opportunities to get involved in community. Amazing network to be a part of.
Seniority Rule
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee), Mankato, MNSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: difficult in advancement
Great place to work however the senior employees get no discipline regardless of their attitude towards new coming employees.
very good place to work
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee), Bloomer, WISeptember 10, 2013
very friendly place to work
very compatible benefits
critical access hospital
clinic and nursing home attached
part of Mayo Clinic in Rochester
Busy, fast paced, enjoyed the job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Arcadia, WIAugust 23, 2013
Maintain confidential clinical and employee information including written records, documents, verbal correspondence and computer programs

Record and prepare minutes of meetings for four monthly meetings, including timely distribution of agendas and related materials for upcoming meetings.

Type correspondence as needed for supervisor.

Tracking of – more... staff illnesses for patterns and/or trends.

Responsible for Rural Wisconsin Quality Indicators data.

Assist Foundation Board with their annual fundraisers.

Organize all employee extra-curricular activities, including the annual holiday party.

Responsible for updating and maintaining disaster employee tree for emergency management.

With this position, there was more of a variety of work to complete. – less
Created a lot of great memories here with food.
Executive Chef (Current Employee), New Prague, MNJuly 30, 2013
I have great passsion for the food service industry. I have been a chef for 37 years. I have worked in large establishments and small establishments and have learned a lot with this. I could be an asset for anyone looking to hire me.
Nice place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Albert lea, MNJune 13, 2013
Was a really good place to work and I always had good hours and the pay was amazing
Love working here.
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Eau Claire, WIMay 30, 2013
I have spent 10 years working here and love it. Everyone is friendly, the management is fun and the benefits are ok.
Kitchen
Dietary Aide (Current Employee), Mankato, MNMay 5, 2013
It is always busy and fast pace which I enjoy. I really like learning and gaining experience related to my college degree
Looking for moonlighting opportunities in NYC and around
Attending Pediatrician (Former Employee), Albert Lea, MNMay 1, 2013
Working in this state of the art community hospital which is part of the Mayo Clinic Health System gave me an opportunity to expand my skills especially with regard to minor surgical procedures such as circumcision and many others )
LPN (Current Employee), Menomonie, WIApril 24, 2013
Cons: insurance, failing to provide for advancement.
Depending on what department I'm working in - ER or OB will define a typical day at work. There really is no set schedule with the way things happen in either department. I have learned a lot of valuable information working here, especially during nursing school. The hardest part will be leaving.
Long Hours, Lousy Benifits... But good health services
Facilities Operations (Current Employee), Waycross, GAApril 19, 2013
Pros: cant think of any
Cons: long hours/ no benefits/ sitting for 12 hours/leg cramps/ low salary
A typical day at work for me consists of sitting at a desk in a small room with one coworker. We answer phones,call codes,answer dr's hotlines, answer all hospice calls,beep dr's,beep hospice nurses, beep on-call surgeons and departments, log all info into system, monitor security video and monitor maintenance panels/alarms. This isn't a bad job, it – more... is just long hours. We are at the hospital a total of 12.5 hours per day, getting a small 30 minute lunch break (most coworkers eat in the office while working at the same time). But for me I receive no benefits because I am only listed as a prn worker, but a majority of the time, I am asked to work more than the minimum hours required. Salary isn't that great, considering its not even $9 per hour.... combine that with the lack of benefits and the long hours= a so-so job! – less
Orgnzation with core values and mission.
Public Affairs Manager (Current Employee), Owatonna, MNMarch 7, 2013
Pros: benfits, salary and business relationships.
Cons: decreasing ability to be creative.
Cover Letter Information:
I have been working at the Mayo Clinic Health System in Owatonna for the past ten years. During this time, I have refined my skills in marketing, business development, public relations and communications. I have extensive experience in creating and implementing strategic plans that result in growth of the practice and community – more... health initiatives.
I have also been able to enhance my management skills while serving in this role. I communicate well among staff and community members and I set expectations for myself and my direct reports. I have been able to adapt my leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members and I am able to delegate tasks in such a way as to increase productivity and motivation.

Other:

My role and responsibilities require the extreme ability to adapt to situations and flexibility to meet the needs of the organization. Mayo Clinic Health System’s culture and values are the foundation for developing strong co-workers relationships that lead to successful outcomes. The most enjoyable parts of my job are the ability to make a difference for our community and patients, build strong relationships and foster community and staff engagement. – less