Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Good hospital to work for, excellent patient care
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GAJanuary 29, 2016
Coworkers all work together to bring excellent patient care to the community. working evening 3 to 11 shift is mainly er pts, some in pts, and surgery rotation.
Pros
excellent patient care, coworker all help to make the workday go smoothly and help our patients to the best care
Cons
no a lot of chance for advancement
Employment Apprecation
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
At Mayo Clinic you are truly treated as a valued employee. This is a consensus among most staff members who have experience at other facilities prior to Mayo.
Pros
Great pay and benefits offered
Cons
Long day shift waiting list
Very productive
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Professional, Caring place to work, Good culture at research and hospital, Nice working group, Helpful and Respectful, Good healthcare.
Review
Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 27, 2016
This company is great to work for. Can be hard to advance. I have a great work life balance. Management is very upbeat and knowledgeable in my department. My co-workers are all very hard working.
IT cabling through contractor Outsource Telecom
CABLE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
IT cabling throughout hospital.
The cabling taught me how terminate cables which were to plug into routers and switches for which I received additional uncertified Cisco training myself.
Management was always on top of things and letting us know what to expect the next day.
There was nothing hard about the job, however, the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning.
Pros
The learning
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJanuary 17, 2016
Mayo Clinic is a great organization to work for. Working in the dietary department allows a person to interact with many different customers, both internally and externally.
Great place to work.
Patient Service Specialist - Transplant Clinic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Mayo's core values speak for themselves. Mayo is by far the best in healthcare in the country and I am privileged to have worked there.
Cls
CLS (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 12, 2016
Same experience as most current review of Mayo. Lab specialty is crucial to gain the high level of knowledge needed to serve its clients to the best ability possible.
Good pay, poor supervisor communication, high turnover
dietary aide (Former Employee) –  Albert Lea, MNJanuary 7, 2016
Mayo is a great company to work for, being compensated well, in wage. Working only 2 days a week, as a dietary aide, I did not qualify for any benefits, besides accrued time off pay. This built up quite fast. Not being compensated for benefits, other than this was okay with me, since this was a secondary job, and I didn't really need insurance etc. Also, what was nice was receiving shift differential after 3 pm. This amounted to about $1.15 ( I think) extra an hour.

The job itself was okay, after I was able to feel comfortable in doing the job, as late tray pass. Job duties included answering the patients calls when they placed their meal order. You check off requested items on meal request order form, double check that what is requested is appropriate for their diet, bring the slip to the cook, set up tray accordingly, then bring the tray to the patient. It would get hairy at times when the phone would ring non-stop. Many times you will be on the phone taking an order, and the phone continues to ring. This can be very distracting, and you have to stay focused. Throughout the shift everyone is expected to help the dishwasher load and put away dishes, and at the end of the shift, this position required tearing apart, and cleaning one certain area of the dishwasher.

Most of the coworkers were great to work with. There might have been 1 or 2 that were bossy, and kiss up to the supervisor, but other than that, staff was helpful and fun to work with.

What killed the job was the immediate supervisor. Big lack of communication and favoritism towards several staff members.
  more... Without even asking prior, employees would be written in the schedule on their days off. As most part time staff had other jobs, which the supervisor is well aware of, the conflict of interest is obvious! This is when I began to notice a shift in the supervisor's attitude towards the staff whose schedules had to be worked around. At times the supervisor wouldn't even say hello, or acknowledge you, but then is really friendly towards other staff.

Also, the supervisor tells you than there are many opportunities for advancement, which isn't exactly true. Due to a very high turnover, more times than not we worked with a skeleton crew. This made it impossible to learn other jobs, since we were stretched as it was.
Pros
Good pay, friendly co-workers, shift differential after 3 pm
Cons
Scheduling, poor communication between supervisor and staff, parking and distance of walk into the building, especially in inclement weather, ugly uniforms
N/a
Transplant Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2016
I currently have no comment on this company other that it is a great place to work and the team effort that is put in is great.
Professional, detailed, high volume medical records office
Medical Records Analyst/In-patient Scan technician (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 31, 2015
I enjoy my position as a records analyst/scan tech. My co-workers have become my family,and we are all very focused on working at the best of our ability. Detail and time management is at the top of priorities and working in an orderly manner. The management is the best in communication with employees and their work needs.
Excellent workplace
technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 31, 2015
Great place to work with the most cutting edge and new equipment and practices. Lots of continuing education, employee benefits and wellness options are great.
Productive and exciting
Patient Appointment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 22, 2015
Very knowledgeable of the management and accommodating for employees hours as needed. The benefits are wonderful at this job
excellent place to work, learn new skills.
Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 19, 2015
Mayo Clinic Heath System is and has been one of the most professional organization i have ever had the pleasure to work with. I have found the Mayo's leadership of management by committee a refreshing way to do business. All of the leaders have have had an open door and are never to busy to stop and engage an issue. The team concept has allow me to transition form a government position to a civilian position with ease. I have lean that Healthcare Security is different than any other security position i have ever held. My co workers are professional and carry out their duties with a scene of urgency everyday. The hardest part of this position is security by nature is to keep property safe and people safe this is done by limiting access which in a hospital is a difficult thing as it is open 24 hours a day around the clock with people coming and going at all time of the day and night.
Pros
teamwork, leadership commitment
Cons
can be little buracatic
EARNED CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF AS AN RN
Ped/Adult Med Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GADecember 17, 2015
This was a great place to start my nursing career. I gained the confidence and ability experience to handle complete nursing care for a patient load of 3-6 per night. I gained experience in effectively charting patients complete care and progress. I gained knowledge and understanding of time management around patient care. My co-workers were nurses with 10-20+ yrs experience, so I was able to get expert nursing advise and technical know how.The hardest part of the job was coming to the realization that not all nurses are free of prejudices toward their patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients and improving on new clinical skills. Management was knowledgeable about policies and open to hearing concerns and questions.
Pros
Opportunity to Advance My Confidence as a Nurse and Improve My Clinical Skills and Documentation
Cons
Lack of Cultural Sensitivity from Nursing Staff
supportive co-workers
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2015
I have a nice thoughts about working with Mayo. Nurse to Patient ratio is the best in the whole Northeast. High technology in every work area is in place.The presence of Medical Interns helps a lot in getting orders faster.
Pros
Very nice working environment
Cons
prospect for career advancement is not good
Freelance Art Director/Graphic Designer Mayo Clinic
Freelance Art Director/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 10, 2015
I was a Freelance Art Director/Graphic Designer and worked at home
and met with staff at Mayo Clinic once every two weeks.

They were very supportive and interested in my portfolio and work I
had done at King Faisal Specialist Hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Especially my computer graphics of international posters for Physician's symposiums all over the world.
Mayo Clinic was an oppertunity to build my character while gaining structure and experince with pateint care.
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 3, 2015
Mayo Clinic gave me the support and ability to advance with in patient care services. I enjoyed developing relations with patients while working beside them providing support and excellent patient care.
productive fun workplace
Unit Secretary/ Patient (Former Employee) –  Waycross, GANovember 22, 2015
I started Mayo as a transporter and advanced to a patient care tech.it was a great environment and a lovely place to work.
Helping people offers a rewarding feeling.
Patient Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 19, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Mayo. I would work there again if I moved back to Wisconsin. The job was really fast and I like fast pace work. I made friends and that is important to me.
Pros
free coffee, walk a lot

4.3