Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Excellent wage and benefit package, great coworkers.
Systems Engineer, Div (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Wage and benefits, coworkers, challenge
Cons: 26, 000 employees, hard to accomplish any real progress
Exciting place to work, in excess of 20 million square feet of properties. Wide variety of mechanical systems. Very challenging and rewarding work environment.
work is long and no structure
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 13, 2015
Mayo has the potential to be a great place but no management and everyone with a mayo badge thinks they are better than anybody else.
Team work is required here
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Team based environment
Cons: Sometimes long hours
This is a fun environment to work in the majority of the time. There are days that are slower here, but there are always things to do around the floor/area you are working in.
There are many different personality types when you work in this field, you have to be open minded.
Management in these places will always be kind to you as long as you are always at your toes and working hard with your team to get patients through and taken care of.
Hardest part of the job here is you have to keep opinions to yourself even when you know that the patient/customer is completely wrong.
This is a nice place to work.
Customer service skills are excellent (Current Employee), Rochestert,MNJuly 11, 2015
I love working at Mayo, We get a chance to meet all kind of people working there, and personal are some nice people to work with as well. I have learn a lot of different things here, in different area's to.They give you a chance to grow in this company to.
Process Improvement (Current Employee), Mankato, MNJuly 10, 2015
Great leadership, professional and collaborative peers desiring to provide the best care available to all patients.
Respect for employee is top of mind. Lots of change.
Great Healthcare Institution!
MPS (Current Employee), AZJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Compassionate employees, benefits
Cons: Top heavy management
Great company but difficult to move upward from entry-level position into management. Even with a undergraduate degree with emphasis in healthcare management/administration.
Enjoyed my coworkers!
LPN (Former Employee), Faribault, MNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great staff
I worked for many years in OBGYN and loved it. Decided to make a change and worked with our General Surgeon for a year or so and then was asked to work with an Internal Medicine Physician who had been through 4 nurses prior to me. I found that I really enjoyed the older pt.'s and I the doctor was awesome to work with!
Great values
Design Researcher (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 1, 2015
Cons: it's in Rochester, MN
When they say "the needs of the patient come first," they mean it. I've never worked somewhere so firmly united around a core value.
Very interesting place to work, very frendly staff at any level.
INTERPRETER (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Very kind place to work
Cons: Snow
I normally recived a phone call from the hospital telling me the appoiment time and date for the patient, then I decided if I can make it to the hospital that day or not, most of the time I did.
I leaned to help people from all Latin America, from Argentina to mexico in their culture custums.
The hardest part of the job was winter time where the snow some days was very bad.
You are just a number to upper management.
Office Associate III/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), La Crosse WIJune 29, 2015
Pros: Flexiable
Cons: High turnover
Fast paced, great co-workers. High turn over. Must be good at multi-tasking, lots of crossover training to other areas, which keeps you always learning something new and on your toes.
Exciting and challenging
Physician Extender in Cardiovascular Surgery (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJune 22, 2015
Pros: leadership and education opportunities
Cons: Winter weather
My typical day began with rounding with various attendings and residents. We rounded in groups, education occurred with every patient. History and physicals occurred on all new admits. Admitting orders and daily progress reports. Emergencies occurred daily in the CCU and were handled professionally by all team players
nice co-workers, great learning environment
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Osseo, WIJune 19, 2015
Mayo Clinic Health System-Osseo was a great place to work. There were limited resources so there was more opportunity to gain experience and keep up on your patient care giving skills. The co-workers were great. There was never any drama and everyone was very welcoming and supportive of your goals and ambitions. The hardest part of the job was that most nights it is slow so staying productive through out the night was difficult when there werent a lot of patients
It was a nice place to learn
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJune 19, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Sometimes hard to find supplies
A typical day during clinical rotation included taking care of a patient in which I was to do a head to toe assessment, create an individualized care plan, administer medications, do vital sign checks, practice SBAR, assist patient with cares, and complete documentation of the cares and meds given.
A good place to work!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJune 19, 2015
Pros: Pay, hours, benefits and the people.
Cons: Mandatory overtime and every other holiday work schedule
I spent 29 years at Mayo employed as a housekeeper. I loved my job and the impact I was able to make on patients lives. I enjoyed working with other housekeepers and the doctors whom I interacted with daily. There is always an opportunity to have fun while working and interacting with each person I came in contact with.
Great place to work, great people and environment
Clinical Assistant, MRI Radiology (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 17, 2015
The guests that come to the Mayo clinic are excellent. Coworkers are great and fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is sitting and waiting. I love a challenge. this is a great entry level position.
Internship
Student Internship (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2015
I enjoyed my internship at Mayo Clinic working in the ER under the Head Nurse. I would've liked to have been employed by them after my internship but the economy made that difficult
Mayo Clinic review
Contract Coordinator - Supply Chain Management (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 10, 2015
Mayo Clinic is a very unique and diverse workplace. There are numerous niches and departments for one to advance their career. My coworkers have usually been extremely open and supportive.
Good working environment but little chance for advancement.
Perioperative Nurse (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent resources. Dedicated hardworking staff.
Cons: No chance for development or advancement for staff.
The organization has adequate staff and resources to provide safe patient care. Management has undergone multiple changes recently and are still learning their roles. The organization focuses on manager development but not staff development. While staff are encouraged to continue education and obtain certifications, there is no reward for this. Promotions and positions are given out based on favoritism rather than qualifications. I feel that I have been able to gain new skills in my area of specialty and have met many hard working, dedicated staff.
One of the best employers in USA. They focus on patient care, education, and research. Mayo Clinic saves thousands of lives everyday.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
I work a 12 hour night shift three times a week and it can be stressful and exhausting sometimes. But the teamwork in my workplace is amazing. My coworkers are very professional at what they do and they always go above and beyond. I love taking care of my patients and they compliment me back for doing an excellent job. My manager is one of the best ones in the whole hospital. She is very supportive and reliable. The hardest part of my job would be the long hours especially at night when I am suppose to be getting sleep. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I am reaching out to this sick people and helping them recover. Their happiness and satisfaction is what makes my job worthwhile.
love patient care and benefits
Lab Tech 2 (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJune 8, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Poor management
This is a great company and worked on and off here on two different occasions. They have amazing benefits but not enough advancement opp opportunity and too much favoritism.
Headquarters