Mayo Clinic

Mayo Clinic Employer Reviews

Excellent
RN Study Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, MNSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great educational opportunities
Loved working at the Mayo Clinic - new experiences abound!!
I loved everything about this company.
PCT (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: it was a very diverse institution and fair to staff, no matter what your position was.
Cons: really no where is perfect but mayo clinc is defenitely a model business to work for.
A typical day at work was providing assistance with adl's to cardiac patients.I would monitor vs, apply telemetry monitors, record intake and output,ambulate patients pre/post surgery,insert foley catheters and light dressing changes.I learned to work as a team and that good communication and respect for your colleagues is everything.I feel that I was – more... blessed to have been put under the management that I was under because she was a good leader and business woman.She supported and motivated me to continue to further my education.The hardest part of the job was when a patient died but I do understand that death is going to occur in the field that I am in.What i enjoyed most was the difference I made in my patients lives,by the thank you and hugs I would receive and the people I worked with genuinely appreciating me as a co-worker. – less
Great Place to Work
Business Systems Analyst, Planning Services (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: security
Great Management
Great Coworkers
Flexible Hours
Good Work Life Balance
Great Compensation\/Benefits
Nice Job Culture
A team work clinic
MS level III biostatistician (Current Employee), Rochester, MNSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: work on your own schedule. no traffic to go to work.
Cons: benefits are getting less.
Normally, I come in at 5:30 am. and leave at 3 pm. Can meet with physicians early before they go to see their patients or go to surgeries. By the end of the day, I get their data analyses done and we can review the result the next day.

All of us can help each others to cover as many projects as we can. We have pcinic, parites and golf tourament so – more... that we can get to know each other.

Sometiems, we can get as many as 10 projects in a day and have to respond to 20 e-mails on various qustions. That will be the hardest part.

The best is to see when we have implemented the new tools to help patients and doctors after analyze the data. – less
Cytotechnologist (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Top notch. Interesting cases. Great pathologists. Opportunity to learn other techniques. On site rapid assessment of FNA's.
Progressive and Diverse place to work.
Research Study Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: diverse with many oppurtunities.
Cons: lacking in skilled managers.
Work day includes a variety of tasks and opportunities to continue to learn new skills and advance knowledge in a variety of areas. Working at Mayo clinic has offered a chance to work in various departments including Clinical Trials, Research, Data Entry, Quality Control, and Clinical Laboratory Science. This has allowed for me to acquire a broad base – more... of skills and abilities. – less
A second family!
Registrar III / Trainer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: superior patient care and work/life balance.
Working at Mayo Clinic was an amazing opportunity which exceeded expectations.
I loved my job helping people during a very difficult time in their life and I really enjoyed all of my co-workers.
Patient Financial Planner (Former Employee), Eau Claire, WIAugust 28, 2014
Pros: we were treated to a nice company christmas party and a small monetary gift.
Cons: understaffed, stressful, not appreciated.
A typical day at work was busy with patients stopping in with questions on their bills, or needing help with payments on the balance owed. I also answered the phones and helped people with questions on various things. I also had a variety other duties and reports etc... that also needed to be completed during the day and was in charges of many programs( – more... Infertility, Cardiac Rehab, Home Health and Hospice) etc... I learned to be patient, compassionate, firm, and how to prioritize my day. I learned how to work , but have fun doing it. My co-workers were the best- always willing to help out when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with dying patients. Management received their directives from Rochester which was a big change from the day I started this job – less
medical physicist
Diagnostic Medical Physicist (MRI) (Current Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 25, 2014
excellent company to work and the employees have good values
LOTS of bullying and gossip as well as an ineffective, unskilled manager that had a specific group of favorites.
Specialist (Former Employee), Mankato, MNAugust 25, 2014
Pros: a few of my co-workers were dedicated, worked hard to accomplish what needed to be done.
Cons: very dysfunctional, management did not have a clear idea of what needed to be done to improve the department., most suggestions were left unanswered or simply disregarded with no explanation.
Very difficult workplace in my opinion. Many people in the department I was in, were not treated well by co-workers and there was a junior-high mentality. Not professional. There was a specific group of people that were treated far better than others. What was OK for some was an opportunity for someone else to be written up and placed in their permanent – more... file. This was not an environment I was accustomed to working. Overtime was not allowed but many days people clocked out but continued to work unpaid so the next shift would not gossip about them. – less
Best!!
Emergency Department Statistician/Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 19, 2014
Best job ever. No other hospital compares to the Mayo Clinic !!
A good place to work
RN (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 15, 2014
I was able to stay with the same company and work at many different jobs. I worked various shifts, expanded my knowledge,
and made great friends.
Amazing Company
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaAugust 7, 2014
Mayo Clinic is what the medical field should represent! Mayo is the gold standard for healthcare.
Professional and Rewarding
WELLNESS NAVIGATOR INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Rochester, MNAugust 7, 2014
The training was very thorough and for a new project it was clear what was expected. It was a fun experience and the perks of working at Mayo are nice, too.
Best patient care culture in America!
Orthopedic Technician/Team Leader (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the ability to treat patients with the most trained, focused and compassionate staff and equipment to provide the positive outcomes for the patients.
Cons: for myself, the biggest con was only treating people that could afford it.
My role at Mayo was to direct the Post-Op and Outpatient casting and treatment clinic. It was a very busy practice. Great co-workers! The hardest part of the job, was leaving it everyday. The most enjoyable was collaborating with intelligent, compassionate and hardworking staff to provide positive outcomes for our patients.
definetly not a fan place to work
Research Fellow (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2014
Very rigid structure, same for the culture in the workplace
very inspiring; humanistic; educations; resources
Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2014
Pros: inspiring; self and others
Cons: ability to reenter once left
I was very impressed as what was demonstrated in orientation I also seen in action on the nursing units; offices and wherever I went within the facility. Increased educational and personal oportunities. Culturally sensitive to "whites" as well...
i did the haz for the mayo clinic
Dangerous goods agent (Former Employee), Fed EX EXpressJuly 18, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed doing my work with the mayo clinic, aand enjoyed the reconition for the job i was doing
Cons: can.t really think of any
I loved doing the haz for the Mayo clinic. I had gotten many awards for my work. I even had my manager, my senior manager, the manager of the off load team, Fred Smith, which is also on the board of the Mayo clinic, and another board member of the Mayo clinic, and the manager of the off load team because it was so much easier to unload and had very – more... few if any damanages, came to watch me and how I would load their freight. When I started doing their haz, I reduced their damages by at least 99%.They were well impressed on my job i was doing. – less
RN (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: favoritism, dental benefits
As with any facility it has it pros and cons. Management overall is very attune to their employees but certain managers do tend to play favoritism. Advancement seems to be contingent on favoritism and not education or skills.
Enjoyable and caring environment
Volunteer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 10, 2014
Friendly staff members who care about their patients. Enjoyed volunteering here and would do it again.

About Mayo Clinic

Multidisciplinary teamwork with coordinated care is Mayo Clinic's secret sauce. The not-for-profit Mayo Clinic provides health – Read more