Mayo Clinic Employee Reviews

Internship position
Health Promotion Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 30, 2017
Motivational and inspiring work group to work with.
Encouraged growth within internship position.
Supportive staff looking to help as needed.
Programs and wellness initiatives were excellent.
Lunches included.
not impressed
Finance Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 29, 2017
let a slew of workers go a week before christmas. i had a pregnant wife due in 3 weeks as well. will NEVER work for Mayo again. look elsewhere for family friendly place
Provided one previously
Health and Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 27, 2017
This is a place to work if one has a willingness to settle for mediocrity in exchange for salary and benefits. Any free thinkers, self-starters, or individuals outside the box best look elsewhere for fulfillment. It does seems to GREATLY depend who one's supervisor is in each department at Mayo. This seems to be one of the extremes: one either loves the situation or the opposite. Mine was the "not love" circumstance on this spectrum.

If I had children and needed benefits for them, I would have sucked it up longer. I was completely settling too early in my career to stay any longer. I do have this experience, positive references and resume bullets points to take with me and for this I'm eternally grateful.
Stimulating work environment full of learning opportunities
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 26, 2017
There was always something new going on, a new experiment, a new meeting, a new project. The staff were always willing to teach you what you didn't know and teach you on the things that you want to know. They were very helpful and introduced us to doctors and professionals that we looked up to and wanted to shadow.
Pros
Breaks, not hard work
Cons
Sometimes the work was more tedious than difficult
Not very good mental health advocacy/little investment in mental health
General Psychiatric Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 25, 2017
I worked in inpatient psych for several years and found that there was a punitive culture towards psychiatric patients despite philosophical statements to the contrary. The facilities needed work and the hospital did not invest in the space.
Good
Fellow physician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 24, 2017
I learned lab tests associated with bleeding/clotting disorders, lab management, quality control, as well as developing new assays. I also got opportunities to have continued learning in hematopathology here to keep solidify my diagnostic skills.
Learning opportunities
Assistant Supervisor-Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 23, 2017
Great place to get into the medical field. This is a teaching facility, learning opportunities are plentiful. Classes and seminars offered for further education. Wonderful staff and management.
Pros
Classes/seminars
Mayo Clinic
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2017
may clinic is an awesome organized place to work the staff are friendly, kind and profession. everyone there knows what they are doing no matter which position or department they're in.
All of the providers and employees worked well as a group
Pre-Health Career Exploration (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 21, 2017
I am so grateful that I was allowed to shadow so many great healthcare providers and get a peak at the behind the scenes billing areas and maintenance areas. It really helped me learn about the workings of a healthcare facility and the pros and cons of different healthcare professions and specialties.
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Mayo. Teaching hospital. Doctors and residents were great along with co-workers. Busy site and expect the best from their employee's.
Good place to work once you conform
Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2017
Mayo is a good place to work and a lot of employees last on the job for several years, which included myself. The only negative is if you speak up about something you may be targeted & if you don't conform to their set ways of doing stuff, even if your way may be an improvement, they will get you out. If you stick to yourself you will be fine, but their is favoritism shown to certain employees in certain cases.
Pros
Benefits, pay, flexible hrs
Cons
Favoritism, not open minded people, click mentality
Interesting
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2017
Was able to see great medical professionals serve the community and make an impact on lives. I was able to interact with multi disciplinary teams as they worked towards medical excellence
Good place
Receipts Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 17, 2017
Good company, they do take care of their employees.
They are kind, and generous. They understand life happens, and also are willing to work with you.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Can be fast paced if you're not ready for it.
Leading edge health care provider
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 17, 2017
So very proud to have worked at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN. Humbling interactions between staff, patients, and co-workers. Would recommend anyone looking for employment to apply here.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 17, 2017
Great place to work and good people to work with, except management needs a little improvement on dealing with other unprofessional employees!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Love the environment
Cons
bad employees, who doesn't like to be wrong, and gossips alot
I enjoyed the people I worked with for the most part
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIMay 16, 2017
Management is very unprepared. The ER director was prepared only with an Associate's degree, was a former staff nurse. Advancement tends to be 'how well you fit into their clique.' As well as 'if they like you.' You cannot be outspoken and expect to move forward. It's more a social gathering of type, as far as management goes.
Pros
beautiful hospital
Cons
management not forward moving
Mayo Receives Overall Five Star Status
Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 15, 2017
I have been employed by Mayo Clinic for twenty-five years. Mayo Clinic is an excellent institution to work for. I have received excellent mentorship and training over the years of my tenure with Mayo Clinic. I do not hesitate to recommend Mayo Clinic as a potential employer for any person that is interested.
Pros
Great Training, Excellent Benefits, Excellent Salary
Cons
Sub-optimal work-life balance
Great Place to Work
Simulation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 15, 2017
Hands down the best place to work in Southern MN. Lots of opportunities to grow and develop amazing professional connections. Strong benefits package and amazing job security.
Respiratory Therapist/Vascular Access (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2017
Staff is very pleasant to work with, very supportive of one another. Leadership is very supportive of staff. Education is always available. You are always improving your knowledge when working at the Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic
Food (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 13, 2017
I worked in food service at Mayo clinic, and the environment that I worked in was friendly, fun, and fast pace. The team that I worked with was fun and worked well together. A typical work that would be 3 hours long between preparing the customer food, setting up stations, serving and delivery along with clean up
Pros
Team mates
Cons
No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayo Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2